|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Kent of a plot against the King?
(b) His dreams.
(c) A gentleman.
(d) The stars.
2. When Goneril and Edmund travel to Albany's palace, what happens between them?
(a) They become friends.
(b) They have an affair.
(c) They fall in love.
(d) They hate each other.
3. Lear conducts a mock trial of his daughters; who serves as the judges?
(a) Edgar, Kent, and The Fool.
(b) Edgar and The Fool.
(c) Kent and The Fool.
(d) Edgar and Kent.
4. When the King recognizes Cordelia, this is seen as a sign of what?
(a) His recovery from exposure.
(b) His recovery from sickness.
(c) His recovery from the flu.
(d) His recovery from madness.
5. People who see Gloucester's crippled condition are turning against whom?
(a) Regan and Albany.
(b) Albany and Edmund.
(c) Edmund and Goneril.
(d) Regan and Edmund.
Short Answer Questions
1. The stage directions have the battle between the English and the French taking place where?
2. Albany comes to the British encampment and says that the King is with Cordelia where?
3. The British armies are encamped near what city?
4. How does Edmund die?
5. Regan complains about not feeling well while fighting with whom about Edmund?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Lear's and Gloucester's characters parallel each other?
2. How do Edmund's actions when turning his father in to Cornwall indicate that he is dishonest?
3. What does Edgar mean when he says "Yet better thus, and known to be contemned, Than still contemned and flattered."
4. How does Edgar use his father's blindness to trick him?
5. How is Lear able to recover from his madness?
6. When Goneril hears of Cornwall's death, what are her concerns?
7. When Edgar sees that his father is blind, what does he offer to do?
8. Who opposes Albany's position with the King?
9. What plants the seeds of discord between Goneril and Regan?
10. The comments of the servants to Regan after Gloucester is blinded indicate what?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)