|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Edmund says it will be best, and will support his story, if he finds Gloucester doing what?
(a) Sheltering the King.
(b) With French soldier.
(c) Giving comfort to the King.
(d) Acting as the King.
2. Who tells Kent of a plot against the King?
(a) The stars.
(b) A gentleman.
(c) His dreams.
3. Regan complains about not feeling well while fighting with whom about Edmund?
(a) Her father.
4. Cordelia says she is guiding the French army against the English only because of what?
(a) Her desire for land.
(b) Her love for her father.
(c) Her desire to oust her sisters.
(d) Her annoyance at her sisters.
5. Cordelia prays that Lear will recover from what?
(a) His madness.
(b) His suicidal tendancy.
(c) His regrets.
(d) His depression.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Act 4, Scene 3 take place?
2. What has to happen in order for Edgar to be reunited with his father?
3. Edgar stops in the middle of what area when he tells Gloucester that they are on a cliff?
4. People who see Gloucester's crippled condition are turning against whom?
5. After Cornwall's death, who leads his army?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Cordelia respond to Kent's letter, according to the gentleman?
2. Goneril and Regan dismiss Albany's desire to not hurt the King and say that what matters?
3. Although Lear does not want to see Cordelia, what is Cordelia's goal?
4. What plants the seeds of discord between Goneril and Regan?
5. How does Cornwall punish Gloucester for his villainy?
6. Who opposes Albany's position with the King?
7. When Edgar sees that his father is blind, what does he offer to do?
8. While Lear and his party are in the farmhouse, what action does Lear take that makes him appear to be suffering from madness?
9. At the end of the play, why is Lear happy?
10. How do Edmund's actions when turning his father in to Cornwall indicate that he is dishonest?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)