|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the King recognizes Cordelia, this is seen as a sign of what?
(a) His recovery from the flu.
(b) His recovery from madness.
(c) His recovery from exposure.
(d) His recovery from sickness.
2. Oswald reports that Albany smiled when he heard what news?
(a) That Goneril and Edmund were on their way.
(b) That Gloucester was punished.
(c) That the King had gone to Dover.
(d) That the French Army had landed.
3. What does Edgar give Albany in the British encampment?
(a) A letter from Goneril to Edgar.
(b) A letter from Goneril to Edmund.
(c) A letter from Goneril to the King of France.
(d) A letter from Goneril to Cornwall.
4. When Gloucester is told that he is climbing a cliff, what does he complain about not hearing?
(a) The wind.
(b) A river.
(c) The sea.
5. The doctor wants Lear to wake up and servants carry Lear into the doctor on what?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A bed.
(c) A chair.
(d) A litter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Edgar stops in the middle of what area when he tells Gloucester that they are on a cliff?
2. Edmund says it will be best, and will support his story, if he finds Gloucester doing what?
3. Who tells Goneril that she is becoming a monster and only her shape as a woman protects her?
4. Cordelia enters Act 4, Scene 4 with what instruments sounding?
5. What has to happen in order for Edgar to be reunited with his father?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)