|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Albany comes to the British encampment and says that the King is with Cordelia where?
(a) In the nearby forest.
(b) In the town.
(c) In the French encampment.
(d) At the castle.
2. Who tells Goneril that she is becoming a monster and only her shape as a woman protects her?
(c) The Fool.
3. Who tells Kent of a plot against the King?
(a) The stars.
(b) A gentleman.
(c) His dreams.
4. Edmund tells a captain to kill Cordelia and make it look like what?
(a) An accident.
(b) Regan did it.
(d) Her father did it.
5. When Oswald leaves Goneril and Albany and returns to Regan at Cornwall, what does he carry from Goneril to Edmund?
(a) A flower.
(b) A letter.
(c) A message.
(d) A sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Goneril die?
2. The stage directions have the battle between the English and the French taking place where?
3. Who makes Lear sleep while they are in the farmhouse?
4. Gloucester greets the news of the English taking prisoners with what thoughts?
5. When Gloucester is told that he is climbing a cliff, what does he complain about not hearing?
Short Essay Questions
1. In terms of the plot, the description of Cordelia's response to Kent's letter paves the way for what?
2. The comments of the servants to Regan after Gloucester is blinded indicate what?
3. Gloucester meets the news of Lear and Cordelia's capture with what?
4. At the end of the play, why is Lear happy?
5. What plants the seeds of discord between Goneril and Regan?
6. How do Lear's and Gloucester's characters parallel each other?
7. What does Cordelia consider her father to be suffering from?
8. How does Cornwall link the villainy in Edmund's family?
9. How is Lear able to recover from his madness?
10. Although Lear does not want to see Cordelia, what is Cordelia's goal?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)