|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emotion does Edgar feel when he sees that his father is blind?
2. Edmund tells a captain to kill Cordelia and make it look like what?
(a) An accident.
(c) Regan did it.
(d) Her father did it.
3. Edmund promises not to allow Albany to have mercy on whom after the battle?
(a) Cordelia and Goneril.
(b) Lear and Cordelia.
(c) Lear and Edgar.
(d) Gloucester and Edgar.
4. Regan complains about not feeling well while fighting with whom about Edmund?
(b) Her father.
5. Where does Act 4, Scene 3 take place?
(a) Outside the French encampment.
(b) In a town.
(c) In a forest.
(d) At the French encampment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Albany arrests who for treason?
2. When Gloucester is told that he is climbing a cliff, what does he complain about not hearing?
3. When the King of France leaves the French encampment, who does he leave in charge?
4. Who kills Oswald?
5. Regan suspects that Goneril and Edmund are doing what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Cordelia, Regan, and Goneril by the end of the play?
2. How does Edgar use his father's blindness to trick him?
3. What caused Lear's madness?
4. What does Edgar mean when he says "Yet better thus, and known to be contemned, Than still contemned and flattered."
5. What does Edgar pray for while Lear is asleep in the farmhouse?
6. How does Cornwall punish Gloucester for his villainy?
7. At the end of the play, why is Lear happy?
8. How is Lear able to recover from his madness?
9. The comments of the servants to Regan after Gloucester is blinded indicate what?
10. What does Cordelia consider her father to be suffering from?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)