|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The stage directions have the battle between the English and the French taking place where?
(a) To the right of where Gloucester sits.
(b) On the whole stage.
(c) In the back of the stage.
(d) Off stage.
2. Who tells Kent of Cordelia's response to his letter?
(a) The Marshal of France.
(b) A gentleman.
(c) An officer.
(d) A soldier.
3. While Lear is in the town near the French encampment, he doesn't want to see Cordelia because he feels what?
4. Who brings Cornwall the news that Gloucester has taken the King to Dover?
(a) A gentleman.
(b) A spy.
5. What does Edgar give Albany in the British encampment?
(a) A letter from Goneril to Edmund.
(b) A letter from Goneril to the King of France.
(c) A letter from Goneril to Edgar.
(d) A letter from Goneril to Cornwall.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Goneril die?
2. What does the doctor prescribe to help cure Lear's madness?
3. Albany comes to the British encampment and says that the King is with Cordelia where?
4. Kent asks who not to reveal his identity?
5. Regan complains about not feeling well while fighting with whom about Edmund?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Lear's and Gloucester's characters parallel each other?
2. How does Cornwall punish Gloucester for his villainy?
3. What caused Lear's madness?
4. When Goneril hears of Cornwall's death, what are her concerns?
5. What happens to Cordelia, Regan, and Goneril by the end of the play?
6. How does Edgar use his father's blindness to trick him?
7. How does Cornwall link the villainy in Edmund's family?
8. How did Cordelia respond to Kent's letter, according to the gentleman?
9. Who opposes Albany's position with the King?
10. How do Edmund's actions when turning his father in to Cornwall indicate that he is dishonest?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)