|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Gloucester is told that he is climbing a cliff, what does he complain about not hearing?
(a) The sea.
(c) The wind.
(d) A river.
2. The British armies are encamped near what city?
3. What has to happen in order for Edgar to be reunited with his father?
(a) Edgar must repent of his actions.
(b) Edgar's innocence has to be proven.
(c) Edgar has to not be mad.
(d) Edgar has to find his father.
4. Who kills Oswald?
5. The doctor wants Lear to wake up and servants carry Lear into the doctor on what?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A litter.
(c) A bed.
(d) A chair.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Goneril and Edmund travel to Albany's palace, what happens between them?
2. Regan complains about not feeling well while fighting with whom about Edmund?
3. When told of the death of Cornwall, Albany says the death was what?
4. Who confirms the death of Cornwall to Cordelia and the doctor?
5. Who tells Kent of Cordelia's response to his letter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What caused Lear's madness?
2. How do Lear's and Gloucester's characters parallel each other?
3. In terms of the plot, the description of Cordelia's response to Kent's letter paves the way for what?
4. What plants the seeds of discord between Goneril and Regan?
5. What warning does Regan ask Oswald to give to Goneril?
6. How does Edgar use his father's blindness to trick him?
7. How did Cordelia respond to Kent's letter, according to the gentleman?
8. How do Edmund's actions when turning his father in to Cornwall indicate that he is dishonest?
9. Who opposes Albany's position with the King?
10. What does Edgar mean when he says "Yet better thus, and known to be contemned, Than still contemned and flattered."
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)