|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who kills Oswald?
2. Where does Act 4, Scene 3 take place?
(a) In a town.
(b) In a forest.
(c) Outside the French encampment.
(d) At the French encampment.
3. The stage directions have the battle between the English and the French taking place where?
(a) Off stage.
(b) On the whole stage.
(c) In the back of the stage.
(d) To the right of where Gloucester sits.
4. Who brings Cordelia the news that the British armies are marching towards them?
(a) A gentleman.
(b) An officer.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A messenger.
5. Albany comes to the British encampment and says that the King is with Cordelia where?
(a) At the castle.
(b) In the French encampment.
(c) In the nearby forest.
(d) In the town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the King of France leave the French encampment and return to France?
2. Albany arrests who for treason?
3. Goneril thinks that Gloucester should suffer what punishment?
4. Who says "Yet better thus, and known to be contemned, / Than still contemned and flattered"?
5. Who tells Kent of Cordelia's response to his letter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Edgar pray for while Lear is asleep in the farmhouse?
2. Gloucester meets the news of Lear and Cordelia's capture with what?
3. In terms of the plot, the description of Cordelia's response to Kent's letter paves the way for what?
4. The comments of the servants to Regan after Gloucester is blinded indicate what?
5. What warning does Regan ask Oswald to give to Goneril?
6. What plants the seeds of discord between Goneril and Regan?
7. How did Cordelia respond to Kent's letter, according to the gentleman?
8. What happens to Cordelia, Regan, and Goneril by the end of the play?
9. In terms of the plot, what is Act 5, Scene 2 designed to do?
10. Who opposes Albany's position with the King?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)