|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Edgar tells Gloucester that the person who led Gloucester to the edge of the cliff looked like a what?
2. Who states that Goneril is a better soldier than Albany?
(c) A soldier.
3. The stage directions have the battle between the English and the French taking place where?
(a) On the whole stage.
(b) Off stage.
(c) In the back of the stage.
(d) To the right of where Gloucester sits.
4. After hearing the news of Cornwall's death, Albany vows to take revenge for what act of Cornwall's?
(a) The escape of the King.
(b) Not keeping the women out of the plans.
(c) Not keeping Goneril at Cornwall.
(d) The blinding of Gloucester.
5. The doctor wants Lear to wake up and servants carry Lear into the doctor on what?
(a) A chair.
(b) A litter.
(c) A bed.
(d) A blanket.
Short Answer Questions
1. Regan complains about not feeling well while fighting with whom about Edmund?
2. Where does Act 4, Scene 3 take place?
3. Who tells Kent of Cordelia's response to his letter?
4. Edmund tells a captain to kill Cordelia and make it look like what?
5. Edgar, in his disguise as Poor Tom, agrees to lead Gloucester to the cliffs at which place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What caused Lear's madness?
2. What does Edgar pray for while Lear is asleep in the farmhouse?
3. While Lear and his party are in the farmhouse, what action does Lear take that makes him appear to be suffering from madness?
4. When Goneril hears of Cornwall's death, what are her concerns?
5. What happens to Cordelia, Regan, and Goneril by the end of the play?
6. In terms of the plot, what is Act 5, Scene 2 designed to do?
7. Gloucester meets the news of Lear and Cordelia's capture with what?
8. How does Edgar use his father's blindness to trick him?
9. What plants the seeds of discord between Goneril and Regan?
10. The comments of the servants to Regan after Gloucester is blinded indicate what?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)