|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who loses the battle according to the news Edgar brings?
(b) The French.
2. Edmund says it will be best, and will support his story, if he finds Gloucester doing what?
(a) With French soldier.
(b) Sheltering the King.
(c) Acting as the King.
(d) Giving comfort to the King.
3. How does Goneril die?
(a) A servant stabs her.
(b) By suicide.
(c) Regan poisons her.
(d) Edmund kills her.
4. Who brings Cornwall the news that Gloucester has taken the King to Dover?
(b) A spy.
(d) A gentleman.
5. Regan thinks that Gloucester should suffer what punishment?
(d) The stocks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills Oswald?
2. Cordelia has what quality that her sisters lack?
3. When Oswald leaves Goneril and Albany and returns to Regan at Cornwall, what does he carry from Goneril to Edmund?
4. Edgar, in his disguise as Poor Tom, agrees to lead Gloucester to the cliffs at which place?
5. Goneril thinks that Gloucester should suffer what punishment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Gloucester meets the news of Lear and Cordelia's capture with what?
2. How does Edgar use his father's blindness to trick him?
3. What does Edgar pray for while Lear is asleep in the farmhouse?
4. What plants the seeds of discord between Goneril and Regan?
5. How does Cornwall punish Gloucester for his villainy?
6. What does Edgar mean when he says "Yet better thus, and known to be contemned, Than still contemned and flattered."
7. What happens to Cordelia, Regan, and Goneril by the end of the play?
8. In terms of the plot, the description of Cordelia's response to Kent's letter paves the way for what?
9. How does Cornwall link the villainy in Edmund's family?
10. When Edgar sees that his father is blind, what does he offer to do?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)