|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The man who leads the blind Earl of Gloucester into the heath claims what relationship to the Earl?
(a) A tenant.
(b) A servant.
(c) A man-at-arms.
(d) A soldier.
2. Who is leading a blind Gloucester into the heath?
(a) A mad man.
(b) A poor man.
(c) A sad man.
(d) An old man.
3. Edgar is left alone at the farmhouse and hopes that the King will be able to do what?
(a) Get justice on his daughters.
(b) Get his lands back.
(c) Live a long life.
4. Edmund fakes feeling what about turning in his father?
(c) Emotional conflict
5. When Gloucester is told that he is climbing a cliff, what does he complain about not hearing?
(a) The wind.
(c) The sea.
(d) A river.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gloucester greets the news of the English taking prisoners with what thoughts?
2. A servant draws his sword on Cornwall because of what action?
3. How does Edmund die?
4. Who was captured by the English army?
5. Cordelia says she is guiding the French army against the English only because of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cornwall link the villainy in Edmund's family?
2. What warning does Regan ask Oswald to give to Goneril?
3. Although Lear does not want to see Cordelia, what is Cordelia's goal?
4. What does Cordelia consider her father to be suffering from?
5. How did Cordelia respond to Kent's letter, according to the gentleman?
6. How does Cornwall punish Gloucester for his villainy?
7. In terms of the plot, what is Act 5, Scene 2 designed to do?
8. What caused Lear's madness?
9. Gloucester meets the news of Lear and Cordelia's capture with what?
10. Albany already sympathizes with the King. What action by Goneril is likely to make him turn completely against her?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)