|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Act 4, Scene 3 take place?
(a) In a town.
(b) Outside the French encampment.
(c) In a forest.
(d) At the French encampment.
2. Who tells Gloucester that Edmund betrayed him?
3. Where does Act 3, Scene 5 take place?
(a) Gloucester's courtyard.
(b) Cornwall's castle.
(c) Cornwall's castle.
(d) Gloucester's castle.
4. Cordelia says that France is not fighting the English with which motivation?
5. Who tells Kent of Cordelia's response to his letter?
(a) The Marshal of France.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A gentleman.
(d) An officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cordelia enters Act 4, Scene 4 with what instruments sounding?
2. Who tells Kent of a plot against the King?
3. Regan suspects that Goneril and Edmund are doing what?
4. How does Edgar lead the blind Gloucester from the heath to the cliffs?
5. What has to happen in order for Edgar to be reunited with his father?
Short Essay Questions
1. Gloucester meets the news of Lear and Cordelia's capture with what?
2. In terms of the plot, what is Act 5, Scene 2 designed to do?
3. How is Lear able to recover from his madness?
4. Albany already sympathizes with the King. What action by Goneril is likely to make him turn completely against her?
5. At the end of the play, why is Lear happy?
6. What does Edgar pray for while Lear is asleep in the farmhouse?
7. While Lear and his party are in the farmhouse, what action does Lear take that makes him appear to be suffering from madness?
8. How did Cordelia respond to Kent's letter, according to the gentleman?
9. Who opposes Albany's position with the King?
10. How does Cornwall link the villainy in Edmund's family?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)