|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Albany arrests who for treason?
(a) Regan and Edmund.
(c) Goneril and Regan.
(d) Goneril and Edmund.
2. Where does Act 4, Scene 3 take place?
(a) Outside the French encampment.
(b) In a forest.
(c) In a town.
(d) At the French encampment.
3. Who brings Cornwall the news that Gloucester has taken the King to Dover?
(a) A spy.
(b) A gentleman.
4. While Lear is in the town near the French encampment, he doesn't want to see Cordelia because he feels what?
5. Cordelia has what quality that her sisters lack?
Short Answer Questions
1. Cornwall says that Gloucester's villainy may be the cause of who's villainy?
2. Where does Act 3, Scene 5 take place?
3. Who tells Gloucester that Edmund betrayed him?
4. Why did the King of France leave the French encampment and return to France?
5. After Cornwall's death, who leads his army?
Short Essay Questions
1. The comments of the servants to Regan after Gloucester is blinded indicate what?
2. Who opposes Albany's position with the King?
3. How do Edmund's actions when turning his father in to Cornwall indicate that he is dishonest?
4. What does Edgar pray for while Lear is asleep in the farmhouse?
5. What does Edgar mean when he says "Yet better thus, and known to be contemned, Than still contemned and flattered."
6. Gloucester meets the news of Lear and Cordelia's capture with what?
7. In terms of the plot, the description of Cordelia's response to Kent's letter paves the way for what?
8. When Goneril hears of Cornwall's death, what are her concerns?
9. When Edgar sees that his father is blind, what does he offer to do?
10. What happens to Cordelia, Regan, and Goneril by the end of the play?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)