|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cordelia has what quality that her sisters lack?
2. Albany arrests who for treason?
(b) Regan and Edmund.
(c) Goneril and Edmund.
(d) Goneril and Regan.
3. Edmund tells a captain to kill Cordelia and make it look like what?
(b) Regan did it.
(c) An accident.
(d) Her father did it.
4. Who was captured by the English army?
(a) Lear and the Marshal of France.
(b) Cordelia and the Marshal of France.
(c) Kent and Lear.
(d) Lear and Cordelia.
5. The messenger who delivers the news of Cornwall's death to Albany and Goneril also delivers a letter to Goneril from whom?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is leading a blind Gloucester into the heath?
2. Edmund says it will be best, and will support his story, if he finds Gloucester doing what?
3. Cordelia says that France is not fighting the English with which motivation?
4. When the King of France leaves the French encampment, who does he leave in charge?
5. Lear conducts a mock trial of his daughters; who serves as the judges?
Short Essay Questions
1. In terms of the plot, what is Act 5, Scene 2 designed to do?
2. Goneril and Regan dismiss Albany's desire to not hurt the King and say that what matters?
3. In terms of the plot, the description of Cordelia's response to Kent's letter paves the way for what?
4. What caused Lear's madness?
5. How is Lear able to recover from his madness?
6. How does Cornwall link the villainy in Edmund's family?
7. How did Cordelia respond to Kent's letter, according to the gentleman?
8. Who opposes Albany's position with the King?
9. What does Edgar mean when he says "Yet better thus, and known to be contemned, Than still contemned and flattered."
10. The comments of the servants to Regan after Gloucester is blinded indicate what?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)