|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oswald say after Kent draws his sword?
(a) Help, ho! Sword is drawn!
(b) Help, ho! Leave me be!
(c) Help, ho! My life be spared!
(d) Help, ho! Murderer, Murderer!
2. What is the name of the person who stands up for Cordelia when her father disinherits her?
3. What event caused the Fool to pine away?
(a) Cordelia leaving for France.
(b) The King leaving his palace.
(c) The King going to Goneril's home.
(d) Cordelia not professing her love for the King.
4. Edmund tells his brother that he fears someone has turned Gloucester against him and then tells his brother to do what?
(a) Issue a challenge.
(b) Find out who the informant is.
(c) Arm himself.
(d) Leave quickly.
5. To aide in his disguise, what does Edgar do for clothing?
(a) Uses only a blanket.
(b) Uses old rags.
(c) Doesn't wear anything.
(d) Uses his old, torn clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the first scene of Act 3, what are the armies of France ready to do?
2. Edmund is going to betray Gloucester to whom?
3. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
4. Who says: "Thou shouldst not have been old till thou hadst been wise"
5. In the first scene, an attendant is carrying a small crown meant for whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Goneril and Regan dismiss Albany's desire to not hurt the King and say that what matters?
2. What information does Kent want the gentleman to take to Dover?
3. What plants the seeds of discord between Goneril and Regan?
4. What warning does Regan ask Oswald to give to Goneril?
5. What does the letter Edmund has, that is supposedly from Edgar, say?
6. What is ironic about Gloucester bemoaning that he was betrayed by his son?
7. How do Lear's and Gloucester's characters parallel each other?
8. When Kent meets with the gentleman on the heath, what does Kent give the gentleman and what is it supposed to do?
9. How is King Lear going to divide up his kingdom?
10. What does Cordelia consider her father to be suffering from?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)