|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gloucester orders Edgar captured and killed because Gloucester thinks Edgar did what to Edmund?
(a) Gloucester thinks Edgar stabbed Edmund.
(b) Gloucester thinks Edgar hurt Edmund.
(c) Gloucester thinks Edgar killed Edmund.
(d) Gloucester thinks Edgar betrayed Edmund.
2. Cornwall and Regan administer what punishment to Kent?
(a) They whip him.
(b) They hang him.
(c) They beat him.
(d) They put him in the stocks.
3. Lear says the anguish of the storm distracts him from what?
(a) The heartbreak of losing Cordelia.
(b) The heartbreak of losing his kingdom.
(c) The hearbreak of making bad choices.
(d) The heartbreak of his daughters' treachery.
4. What is the name of Edmund's legitimate brother?
5. Lear says that the weather is not unkind in its actions of a storm because why?
(a) It has reason to be stormy.
(b) It has no reason to be obligated to him.
(c) It doesn't need any man to be a storm.
(d) It simply acts as nature will.
Short Answer Questions
1. Goneril's goal is to have King Lear go and stay with whom, rather than stay at her house?
2. Who delivers King Lear's letter to his other daughter, while the King is at Goneril's?
3. What event caused the Fool to pine away?
4. The gentleman on the hearth tells Kent that Lear is doing what in the storm?
5. Edgar hides in what location to escape his pursuers?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Edgar leaves Edmund at the end of Act I, Scene II, why does Edmund laugh?
2. How are Kent's actions in relation to Oswald similar to Cordelia's actions in relation to Lear?
3. The Fool's ambiguous statements while he and Lear are wandering in the storm imply that the Fool thinks Lear is what?
4. What is the point of Act 2, Scene 3?
5. What are some of the steps Edgar takes to disguise himself?
6. Why are Goneril and Regan awarded large parts of the kingdom?
7. Goneril complains to Oswald about her father's behavior for what reason?
8. Goneril wants King Lear to leave her home and go where?
9. While King Lear stays with Goneril, what are his knights interfering with?
10. When Lear arrives at Regan's castle, what is one of the actions Regan takes to show that she is selfish?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)