|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Oswald is what relation to Goneril?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Her steward.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her husband.
2. Edmund tells his brother that he fears someone has turned Gloucester against him and then tells his brother to do what?
(a) Arm himself.
(b) Leave quickly.
(c) Find out who the informant is.
(d) Issue a challenge.
3. Edmund is going to betray Gloucester in order to do what?
(a) Gain more for himself.
(b) Get Gloucester's land.
(c) Get married to Cordelia.
(d) Be selfish.
4. Which man marries Cordelia even though she doesn't have a dowry?
(a) No one.
(b) The King of France.
(c) The Lord of Burgundy.
(d) The Earl of Gloucester.
5. How many daughters does King Lear have?
Short Answer Questions
1. When King Lear gets ready to depart Goneril's house, what is his method of travel?
2. What does Edmund have that is supposedly from his brother?
3. Kent points out that there is a hovel nearby and asks the King to do what?
4. Gloucester, when mentioning the effect of the stars and planets on relationships, says that these effects have caused King Lear to do what to Cordelia?
5. Who does Lear say should feel obligation to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Goneril and Regan shown to be disloyal daughters in the play?
2. While King Lear stays with Goneril, what are his knights interfering with?
3. What is the point of Act 2, Scene 3?
4. How does Edmund incite his father into a rage against Edgar?
5. The Fools says who will whip him and for what?
6. The storm is distracting the King from what?
7. What act of nature is ravaging the earth and Lear?
8. How is King Lear going to divide up his kingdom?
9. Why does Edmund bemoan the fact that he is illegitimate?
10. What is ironic about Goneril's behavior towards her father, while he is at her house?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)