|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Edmund going to do in order to assure Gloucester that his brother's intent isn't to hurt Gloucester?
(a) Send someone to spy on Edgar.
(b) Talk with Edgar so that Gloucester can hear them.
(c) Write a letter asking Edgar what his intent is.
(d) Talk with Edgar and report to Gloucester.
2. How many daughters does King Lear have?
3. Curan holds what position in society?
4. Lear says that the weather is not unkind in its actions of a storm because why?
(a) It doesn't need any man to be a storm.
(b) It has no reason to be obligated to him.
(c) It simply acts as nature will.
(d) It has reason to be stormy.
5. Edmund tells his brother that he fears someone has turned Gloucester against him and then tells his brother to do what?
(a) Issue a challenge.
(b) Arm himself.
(c) Leave quickly.
(d) Find out who the informant is.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what title does Oswald refer to Goneril as in Act I, Scene 3?
2. Goneril and Cornwall order Gloucester to do what if Lear returns to the castle?
3. According to Goneril, while King Lear is staying with her, how often does King Lear wrong her?
4. What are the rumors that Curan tells Edmund?
5. Goneril and Regan believe that the King's banishment of the man who defended Cordelia against being disinherited was what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the point of Act 2, Scene 3?
2. Why can King Lear's son-in-laws not tell who Lear loves best in the beginning of the play?
3. What act of nature is ravaging the earth and Lear?
4. Lear feels like he has lost his identity at Goneril's house for what reason?
5. Why are Goneril and Regan awarded large parts of the kingdom?
6. When Kent meets with the gentleman on the heath, what does Kent give the gentleman and what is it supposed to do?
7. Why is King Lear dividing up his kingdom?
8. How does Edmund incite his father into a rage against Edgar?
9. When Edgar leaves Edmund at the end of Act I, Scene II, why does Edmund laugh?
10. How are Kent's actions in relation to Oswald similar to Cordelia's actions in relation to Lear?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)