|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the three speakers in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Edgar Curan, and Gloucester.
(b) Edmund Curan, and Gloucester.
(c) Edmund, Curan, and Edgar.
(d) Gloucester, Edgar, and Edmund.
2. Kent tells the gentleman of a coming conflict between Albany and Cornwall and asks the gentleman to take the report to where?
3. To aide in his disguise, what does Edgar do for clothing?
(a) Uses old rags.
(b) Uses his old, torn clothing.
(c) Doesn't wear anything.
(d) Uses only a blanket.
4. Oswald and Kent meet in front of what structure?
(a) Gloucester's stable.
(b) Albany's castle.
(c) Albany's stable.
(d) Gloucester's castle.
5. Why does Edmund want his legitimate brother disinherited?
(a) So that Edmund can have all their father's attention.
(b) So that Edmund can sell off all the land.
(c) So that Edmund can live as a nobleman.
(d) So that Edmund can inherit everything.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says: "How sharper than a serpent's tooth it is / To have a thankless child"
2. Gloucester blames the effects of what for affecting relationships?
3. What does Edmund have that is supposedly from his brother?
4. Before leaving Goneril's house, what does the Fool warn King Lear about?
5. Goneril's goal is to have King Lear go and stay with whom, rather than stay at her house?
Short Essay Questions
1. The storm is distracting the King from what?
2. What are some of the steps Edgar takes to disguise himself?
3. When Lear arrives at Regan's castle, what is one of the actions Regan takes to show that she is selfish?
4. The Fools says who will whip him and for what?
5. Why is King Lear dividing up his kingdom?
6. Why does Edmund bemoan the fact that he is illegitimate?
7. How are Kent's actions in relation to Oswald similar to Cordelia's actions in relation to Lear?
8. Instead of explaining why he attacked Oswald, what does Kent say?
9. What request, by Goneril, drives the King to leave her house?
10. What act of nature is ravaging the earth and Lear?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)