|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Edmund going to do in order to assure Gloucester that his brother's intent isn't to hurt Gloucester?
(a) Talk with Edgar so that Gloucester can hear them.
(b) Send someone to spy on Edgar.
(c) Write a letter asking Edgar what his intent is.
(d) Talk with Edgar and report to Gloucester.
2. Gloucester tells Edmund there has been a falling out between which two dukes?
(a) Albany and Cornwall.
(b) Cornwall and Burgundy.
(c) Burgundy and Albany.
(d) Albany and Camelot.
3. Who says, "Here's a night pities neither wise man nor fool"?
(c) The Fool.
(d) The King.
4. What room in the house does Act I, Scene 4 take place?
(a) The hall.
(b) The ballroom.
(c) The entrance.
(d) The dining room.
5. While King Lear is staying with Goneril, she complains that his knights are doing what?
(a) Taking up too much space.
(b) Interfering with her household.
(c) Causing problems with the children.
(d) Eating too much food.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lear states that Edgar is the natural man, after his ravings, because of what?
2. After Lear laments his ungrateful daughters, what begins?
3. Why does Edmund want his legitimate brother disinherited?
4. How much love does Cordelia say she will give her husband?
5. The gentleman on the hearth tells Kent that Lear is doing what in the storm?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the steps Edgar takes to disguise himself?
2. What is the point of Act 2, Scene 3?
3. The Fools says who will whip him and for what?
4. Lear feels like he has lost his identity at Goneril's house for what reason?
5. The storm is distracting the King from what?
6. How are Goneril and Regan shown to be disloyal daughters in the play?
7. When Kent meets with the gentleman on the heath, what does Kent give the gentleman and what is it supposed to do?
8. How are Kent's actions in relation to Oswald similar to Cordelia's actions in relation to Lear?
9. Goneril wants King Lear to leave her home and go where?
10. How does Edmund incite his father into a rage against Edgar?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)