|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lear refuses to leave the storm and go to safety without whom?
(b) The Fool.
2. Where is King Lear going to go when he leaves Goneril's house?
(a) His summer home.
(b) Regan's house.
(c) His palace.
3. While King Lear is staying with Goneril, she complains that his knights are doing what?
(a) Causing problems with the children.
(b) Eating too much food.
(c) Taking up too much space.
(d) Interfering with her household.
4. Why does Edmund want his legitimate brother disinherited?
(a) So that Edmund can inherit everything.
(b) So that Edmund can live as a nobleman.
(c) So that Edmund can have all their father's attention.
(d) So that Edmund can sell off all the land.
5. Who is the protagonist in the play?
(a) King Lear.
(d) Duke of Cornwall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name Edgar uses in place of his own?
2. Who protests punishing Kent without the King's consent?
3. Instead of calling Edgar mad, Lear gives him what title?
4. The Fool calls King Lear a fool for doing what?
5. Kent tells the gentleman of a coming conflict between Albany and Cornwall and asks the gentleman to take the report to where?
Short Essay Questions
1. While King Lear stays with Goneril, what are his knights interfering with?
2. What is ironic about Gloucester bemoaning that he was betrayed by his son?
3. What information does Kent want the gentleman to take to Dover?
4. Goneril complains to Oswald about her father's behavior for what reason?
5. What is ironic about Goneril's behavior towards her father, while he is at her house?
6. Before Lear and his retinue depart for Regan's house, what does the Fool tell Lear?
7. What are some of the steps Edgar takes to disguise himself?
8. When Kent meets with the gentleman on the heath, what does Kent give the gentleman and what is it supposed to do?
9. Instead of explaining why he attacked Oswald, what does Kent say?
10. The Fools says who will whip him and for what?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)