|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gloucester tells Edmund there has been a falling out between which two dukes?
(a) Albany and Camelot.
(b) Burgundy and Albany.
(c) Cornwall and Burgundy.
(d) Albany and Cornwall.
2. Who says, "Here's a night pities neither wise man nor fool"?
(b) The Fool.
(c) The King.
3. Gloucester orders Edgar captured and killed because Gloucester thinks Edgar did what to Edmund?
(a) Gloucester thinks Edgar killed Edmund.
(b) Gloucester thinks Edgar betrayed Edmund.
(c) Gloucester thinks Edgar stabbed Edmund.
(d) Gloucester thinks Edgar hurt Edmund.
4. Who calls the hovel haunted?
(c) The King.
(d) The Fool.
5. Who does Kent ask to "turn thy wheel"?
(d) The sun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oswald say after Kent draws his sword?
2. Edmund is going to betray Gloucester in order to do what?
3. Oswald is what relation to Goneril?
4. According to Goneril, while King Lear is staying with her, how often does King Lear wrong her?
5. What does Kent give to the gentleman to show Cordelia?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Kent meets with the gentleman on the heath, what does Kent give the gentleman and what is it supposed to do?
2. What information does Kent want the gentleman to take to Dover?
3. When Lear arrives at Regan's castle, what is one of the actions Regan takes to show that she is selfish?
4. What actions of the King does Gloucester fret about in Act I, Scene II?
5. Why are Goneril and Regan awarded large parts of the kingdom?
6. What request, by Goneril, drives the King to leave her house?
7. After Regan and Cornwall order Gloucester not to let the King back into the castle, Gloucester tells Edmund that he plans to do what?
8. The Fools says who will whip him and for what?
9. How is King Lear going to divide up his kingdom?
10. Before Lear and his retinue depart for Regan's house, what does the Fool tell Lear?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)