|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the rumors that Curan tells Edmund?
(a) Rumors of war between Fance and England.
(b) Rumors of war between Lear and the Duke of Albany.
(c) Rumors of war between the Duke of Cornwall and the Duke of Albany.
(d) Rumors of war between Lear and Burgundy.
2. The paper Edmund has, which he is going to show to Gloucester as proof of his brother's treachery, says that the older generation should do what with their riches?
(a) Use them to benefit their children.
(b) Give them to the poor.
(c) Hold onto them.
(d) Give them to the younger men.
3. What is the name of the person who stands up for Cordelia when her father disinherits her?
4. Before leaving Goneril's house, what does the Fool warn King Lear about?
(a) Not treating people better.
(b) To not let Goneril be mad at him.
(c) Not to expect better treatment by his other daughter.
(d) Not to leave Goneril's in haste.
5. Who are the three speakers in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Edmund, Curan, and Edgar.
(b) Gloucester, Edgar, and Edmund.
(c) Edgar Curan, and Gloucester.
(d) Edmund Curan, and Gloucester.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kent comes to King Lear in disguise and offers his services in what position?
2. Kent repeatedly calls Oswald by what name?
3. After Lear laments his ungrateful daughters, what begins?
4. Regan and Goneril tell Lear that he is what type of a man?
5. When Kent says: "but you have that in your countenance which I would fain call master," what quality is he referring to?
Short Essay Questions
1. The Fools says who will whip him and for what?
2. How do Lear's and Gloucester's characters parallel each other?
3. Who opposes Albany's position with the King?
4. Goneril and Regan dismiss Albany's desire to not hurt the King and say that what matters?
5. How are Goneril and Regan shown to be disloyal daughters in the play?
6. What are some of the steps Edgar takes to disguise himself?
7. What information does Kent want the gentleman to take to Dover?
8. When Lear arrives at Regan's castle, what is one of the actions Regan takes to show that she is selfish?
9. How does Edgar use his father's blindness to trick him?
10. How does Cornwall link the villainy in Edmund's family?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)