|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls the hovel haunted?
(c) The King.
(d) The Fool.
2. Goneril and Regan believe that the King's banishment of the man who defended Cordelia against being disinherited was what?
3. What room in the house does Act I, Scene 4 take place?
(a) The ballroom.
(b) The hall.
(c) The entrance.
(d) The dining room.
4. Who is Edmund's father?
(d) King Lear.
5. In Act I, Scene 3, what are the names of the characters who speak?
(a) King Lear and Oswald.
(b) Goneril and Oswald.
(c) Goneril, Oswald, and King Lear.
(d) King Lear and Goneril.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edmund have that is supposedly from his brother?
2. Who delivers King Lear's letter to his other daughter, while the King is at Goneril's?
3. What does Oswald say after Kent draws his sword?
4. Edgar hides in what location to escape his pursuers?
5. Curan holds what position in society?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the letter Edmund has, that is supposedly from Edgar, say?
2. When the Duke of Cornwall and Regan commiserate with Gloucester about his traitorous son, what do they suggest was the influence on Edgar?
3. How are Goneril and Regan shown to be disloyal daughters in the play?
4. How does Oswald deny the King's authority in Goneril's house?
5. Why is King Lear dividing up his kingdom?
6. What does the Fool compare Lear too?
7. What actions of the King does Gloucester fret about in Act I, Scene II?
8. What information does Kent want the gentleman to take to Dover?
9. While King Lear stays with Goneril, what are his knights interfering with?
10. Why can King Lear's son-in-laws not tell who Lear loves best in the beginning of the play?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)