|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Goneril, while King Lear is staying with her, how often does King Lear wrong her?
(a) Day and night and every hour.
(b) At least once an hour.
(c) At mealtimes with his demands.
(d) During the day with the demands of his followers.
2. Who says: "Thou shouldst not have been old till thou hadst been wise"
(b) The Fool.
(d) King Lear.
3. While King Lear is staying with Goneril, she complains that his knights are doing what?
(a) Taking up too much space.
(b) Eating too much food.
(c) Interfering with her household.
(d) Causing problems with the children.
4. Gloucester tells Edmund to say what if someone asks about Gloucester?
(a) That Gloucester is out of town.
(b) That Gloucester is not home.
(c) That Gloucester is sick.
(d) That Gloucester is away.
5. When Lear sees Kent in the stocks, he asks Kent what question?
(a) He asks if Kent is amusing himself.
(b) He asks if Kent likes being in the stocks.
(c) He asks if Kent has slept.
(d) He asks if Kent hurt anyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Act 3, Scene 3 take place?
2. What did Goneril's gentleman do that causes King Lear to strike him?
3. Where does Act 1, Scene 5 take place?
4. Edmund is going to betray Gloucester in order to do what?
5. What punishment will King Lear's daughters give the Fool for speaking the truth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What actions of the King does Gloucester fret about in Act I, Scene II?
2. What happens to Cordelia, Regan, and Goneril by the end of the play?
3. In terms of the plot, the description of Cordelia's response to Kent's letter paves the way for what?
4. What plants the seeds of discord between Goneril and Regan?
5. The comments of the servants to Regan after Gloucester is blinded indicate what?
6. What warning does Regan ask Oswald to give to Goneril?
7. When Edgar leaves Edmund at the end of Act I, Scene II, why does Edmund laugh?
8. How does Cornwall link the villainy in Edmund's family?
9. What act of nature is ravaging the earth and Lear?
10. The storm is distracting the King from what?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)