|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kent repeatedly calls Oswald by what name?
2. Where is King Lear going to go when he leaves Goneril's house?
(a) His palace.
(b) His summer home.
(d) Regan's house.
3. Edmund is going to betray Gloucester to whom?
(a) The Duke.
(b) The knights.
(c) The King.
(d) The Earl.
4. Where does Act I, Scene 3 take place?
(a) The Duke of Burgundy's palace.
(b) The King's palace.
(c) Goneril's summer home.
(d) The Duke of Albany's palace.
5. Goneril's goal is to have King Lear go and stay with whom, rather than stay at her house?
(a) Her brother's house.
(b) His palace.
(c) His summer palace.
(d) Her sister's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lear sees Kent in the stocks, he asks Kent what question?
2. King Lear has brought how many servants and knights to stay with Goneril?
3. Gloucester blames the effects of what for affecting relationships?
4. Which character does the line "when old fools are babes again" refer to?
5. To whom is Gloucester loyal?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the Duke of Cornwall and Regan commiserate with Gloucester about his traitorous son, what do they suggest was the influence on Edgar?
2. What actions of the King does Gloucester fret about in Act I, Scene II?
3. The Fool's ambiguous statements while he and Lear are wandering in the storm imply that the Fool thinks Lear is what?
4. How does Edmund incite his father into a rage against Edgar?
5. Goneril complains to Oswald about her father's behavior for what reason?
6. While King Lear stays with Goneril, what are his knights interfering with?
7. The storm is distracting the King from what?
8. Goneril wants King Lear to leave her home and go where?
9. Before Lear and his retinue depart for Regan's house, what does the Fool tell Lear?
10. What does the Fool compare Lear too?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)