|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who makes Lear sleep while they are in the farmhouse?
(a) The Fool.
2. When Gloucester is told that he is climbing a cliff, what does he complain about not hearing?
(a) The sea.
(b) The wind.
(c) A river.
3. Who was captured by the English army?
(a) Lear and Cordelia.
(b) Cordelia and the Marshal of France.
(c) Kent and Lear.
(d) Lear and the Marshal of France.
4. How does Goneril die?
(a) A servant stabs her.
(b) By suicide.
(c) Regan poisons her.
(d) Edmund kills her.
5. Who tells Kent of Cordelia's response to his letter?
(a) A gentleman.
(b) The Marshal of France.
(c) An officer.
(d) A soldier.
6. When the King recognizes Cordelia, this is seen as a sign of what?
(a) His recovery from sickness.
(b) His recovery from madness.
(c) His recovery from exposure.
(d) His recovery from the flu.
7. Edmund says it will be best, and will support his story, if he finds Gloucester doing what?
(a) Giving comfort to the King.
(b) With French soldier.
(c) Sheltering the King.
(d) Acting as the King.
8. How does Edmund die?
(a) Kent kills him.
(b) Goneril kills him.
(c) Edgar kills him.
(d) Regan kills him.
9. Who tells Kent of a plot against the King?
(a) The stars.
(c) His dreams.
(d) A gentleman.
10. Cordelia has what quality that her sisters lack?
11. Lear conducts a mock trial of his daughters; who serves as the judges?
(a) Kent and The Fool.
(b) Edgar, Kent, and The Fool.
(c) Edgar and Kent.
(d) Edgar and The Fool.
12. Edgar tells Gloucester that the person who led Gloucester to the edge of the cliff looked like a what?
13. The doctor wants Lear to wake up and servants carry Lear into the doctor on what?
(a) A bed.
(b) A chair.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A litter.
14. Regan thinks that Gloucester should suffer what punishment?
(a) The stocks.
15. Who says "Yet better thus, and known to be contemned, / Than still contemned and flattered"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Cordelia prays that Lear will recover from what?
2. Gloucester greets the news of the English taking prisoners with what thoughts?
3. Albany arrests who for treason?
4. What has to happen in order for Edgar to be reunited with his father?
5. Who tells Goneril that she is becoming a monster and only her shape as a woman protects her?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)