|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lear conducts a mock trial of his daughters; who serves as the judges?
(a) Edgar and Kent.
(b) Edgar, Kent, and The Fool.
(c) Edgar and The Fool.
(d) Kent and The Fool.
2. Who was captured by the English army?
(a) Cordelia and the Marshal of France.
(b) Kent and Lear.
(c) Lear and the Marshal of France.
(d) Lear and Cordelia.
3. What is Edmund's response to Regan when she asks him if he slept with Goneril?
(a) He ignores her.
(b) He agrees.
4. When told of the death of Cornwall, Albany says the death was what?
5. While Lear is in the town near the French encampment, he doesn't want to see Cordelia because he feels what?
6. Cornwall says that Gloucester's villainy may be the cause of who's villainy?
7. Who says "Yet better thus, and known to be contemned, / Than still contemned and flattered"?
8. Who gives Edmund the office of Earl of Gloucester?
(a) The Duke of Burgundy.
(b) The Duke of Albany.
(c) Goneril and Regan.
(d) The Duke of Cornwall.
9. Edmund promises not to allow Albany to have mercy on whom after the battle?
(a) Lear and Edgar.
(b) Lear and Cordelia.
(c) Gloucester and Edgar.
(d) Cordelia and Goneril.
10. The British armies are encamped near what city?
11. Who confirms the death of Cornwall to Cordelia and the doctor?
12. Cordelia has what quality that her sisters lack?
13. Who poisoned Regan?
14. Regan complains about not feeling well while fighting with whom about Edmund?
(b) Her father.
15. Why did the King of France leave the French encampment and return to France?
(a) Because his life was in danger.
(b) He didn't want to see King Lear.
(c) So he wouldn't have to fight.
(d) There was important business to take care of in France.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Goneril and Edmund travel to Albany's palace, what happens between them?
2. After hearing the news of Cornwall's death, Albany vows to take revenge for what act of Cornwall's?
3. After Cornwall's death, who leads his army?
4. Albany comes to the British encampment and says that the King is with Cordelia where?
5. Cordelia says she is guiding the French army against the English only because of what?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)