|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edgar give Albany in the British encampment?
(a) A letter from Goneril to Edgar.
(b) A letter from Goneril to the King of France.
(c) A letter from Goneril to Cornwall.
(d) A letter from Goneril to Edmund.
2. How does Edgar lead the blind Gloucester from the heath to the cliffs?
(a) By a leash.
(b) By a rope.
(c) By his voice.
(d) By his arm.
3. People who see Gloucester's crippled condition are turning against whom?
(a) Regan and Edmund.
(b) Edmund and Goneril.
(c) Albany and Edmund.
(d) Regan and Albany.
4. Albany comes to the British encampment and says that the King is with Cordelia where?
(a) At the castle.
(b) In the town.
(c) In the nearby forest.
(d) In the French encampment.
5. When Gloucester is brought in and tied up, he asks Regan, Goneril, and Cornwall to not mistreat him because why?
(a) Because they are related to him.
(b) Because they are human.
(c) Because they are his guests.
(d) Because he helped their father.
6. When Oswald leaves Goneril and Albany and returns to Regan at Cornwall, what does he carry from Goneril to Edmund?
(a) A letter.
(b) A sword.
(c) A flower.
(d) A message.
7. Where does Act 4, Scene 3 take place?
(a) In a town.
(b) Outside the French encampment.
(c) In a forest.
(d) At the French encampment.
8. Oswald reports that Albany smiled when he heard what news?
(a) That the French Army had landed.
(b) That Goneril and Edmund were on their way.
(c) That Gloucester was punished.
(d) That the King had gone to Dover.
9. Cordelia enters Act 4, Scene 4 with what instruments sounding?
10. Lear says that wickedness is only punished in the poor and that wickedness isn't punished in the rich because they are protected by what?
(a) Their status.
(b) Their servants.
(c) Their homes.
(d) Their wealth.
11. Edmund fakes feeling what about turning in his father?
(c) Emotional conflict
12. Edgar tells Gloucester that the person who led Gloucester to the edge of the cliff looked like a what?
13. While Lear is in the town near the French encampment, he doesn't want to see Cordelia because he feels what?
14. Where does Act 3, Scene 5 take place?
(a) Gloucester's courtyard.
(b) Cornwall's castle.
(c) Gloucester's castle.
(d) Cornwall's castle.
15. Cornwall says that Gloucester's villainy may be the cause of who's villainy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the King of France leave the French encampment and return to France?
2. Edgar stops in the middle of what area when he tells Gloucester that they are on a cliff?
3. Where does the battle take place?
4. The doctor wants Lear to wake up and servants carry Lear into the doctor on what?
5. Cornwall says that Edmund will find a better what with Cornwall than with Gloucester?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)