|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lear conducts a mock trial of his daughters; who serves as the judges?
(a) Edgar and Kent.
(b) Edgar and The Fool.
(c) Edgar, Kent, and The Fool.
(d) Kent and The Fool.
2. A servant draws his sword on Cornwall because of what action?
(a) Because Cornwall gouged out one of Gloucester's eyes.
(b) Because Cornwall stabbed Gloucester.
(c) Because Cornwall tied Gloucester to a chair.
(d) Because Cornwall accused Gloucester of being a traitor.
3. Regan promises a promotion to Oswald if he finds and kills who?
4. The doctor wants Lear to wake up and servants carry Lear into the doctor on what?
(a) A chair.
(b) A bed.
(c) A litter.
(d) A blanket.
5. Regan thinks that Gloucester should suffer what punishment?
(a) The stocks.
6. How does Edmund die?
(a) Goneril kills him.
(b) Regan kills him.
(c) Edgar kills him.
(d) Kent kills him.
7. Who poisoned Regan?
8. Gloucester tries to commit suicide by doing what?
(a) Jumping off a cliff.
(b) Stabbing himself.
(c) Hanging himself.
(d) Lighting himself on fire.
9. Who confirms the death of Cornwall to Cordelia and the doctor?
10. Goneril thinks that Gloucester should suffer what punishment?
(a) His hands should be cut off.
(b) His skin should be removed.
(c) His eyes should be plucked out.
(d) He should be drawn and quartered.
11. Cordelia says that France is not fighting the English with which motivation?
12. What is Edmund's response to Regan when she asks him if he slept with Goneril?
(a) He ignores her.
(d) He agrees.
13. What emotion does Edgar feel when he sees that his father is blind?
14. After hearing the news of Cornwall's death, Albany vows to take revenge for what act of Cornwall's?
(a) Not keeping Goneril at Cornwall.
(b) The escape of the King.
(c) The blinding of Gloucester.
(d) Not keeping the women out of the plans.
15. Edgar stops in the middle of what area when he tells Gloucester that they are on a cliff?
(a) A river.
(b) The forest.
(c) A field.
(d) A barn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills Oswald?
2. Cordelia prays that Lear will recover from what?
3. When told of the death of Cornwall, Albany says the death was what?
4. Cordelia has what quality that her sisters lack?
5. People who see Gloucester's crippled condition are turning against whom?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)