|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lear says that wickedness is only punished in the poor and that wickedness isn't punished in the rich because they are protected by what?
(a) Their status.
(b) Their servants.
(c) Their wealth.
(d) Their homes.
2. While Lear is in the town near the French encampment, he doesn't want to see Cordelia because he feels what?
3. Albany comes to the British encampment and says that the King is with Cordelia where?
(a) In the French encampment.
(b) At the castle.
(c) In the town.
(d) In the nearby forest.
4. Goneril thinks that Gloucester should suffer what punishment?
(a) His hands should be cut off.
(b) He should be drawn and quartered.
(c) His skin should be removed.
(d) His eyes should be plucked out.
5. Edmund fakes feeling what about turning in his father?
(a) Emotional conflict
6. Gloucester greets the news of the English taking prisoners with what thoughts?
(a) Thoughts of sadness.
(b) Thoughts of rescue.
(c) Thoughts of hopelessness.
(d) Thoughts of suicide.
7. Who tells Kent of Cordelia's response to his letter?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A gentleman.
(c) The Marshal of France.
(d) An officer.
8. Edmund promises not to allow Albany to have mercy on whom after the battle?
(a) Gloucester and Edgar.
(b) Lear and Edgar.
(c) Lear and Cordelia.
(d) Cordelia and Goneril.
9. Who brings Cornwall the news that Gloucester has taken the King to Dover?
(a) A spy.
(d) A gentleman.
10. On the battlefield, Edgar sets Gloucester by a tree and tells him to pray for what?
(a) That the French will win and Lear will be victorious.
(b) That the right side will be victorious.
(c) That the English win and Lear is restored to his throne.
(d) That his sons will survive the fight.
11. Albany arrests who for treason?
(b) Goneril and Regan.
(c) Goneril and Edmund.
(d) Regan and Edmund.
12. The messenger who delivers the news of Cornwall's death to Albany and Goneril also delivers a letter to Goneril from whom?
13. Regan promises a promotion to Oswald if he finds and kills who?
14. Cordelia says that France is not fighting the English with which motivation?
15. A servant draws his sword on Cornwall because of what action?
(a) Because Cornwall stabbed Gloucester.
(b) Because Cornwall tied Gloucester to a chair.
(c) Because Cornwall accused Gloucester of being a traitor.
(d) Because Cornwall gouged out one of Gloucester's eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Gloucester is brought in and tied up, he asks Regan, Goneril, and Cornwall to not mistreat him because why?
2. Cordelia prays that Lear will recover from what?
3. Regan suspects that Goneril and Edmund are doing what?
4. When the King of France leaves the French encampment, who does he leave in charge?
5. The stage directions have the battle between the English and the French taking place where?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)