|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gloucester tries to commit suicide by doing what?
(a) Stabbing himself.
(b) Lighting himself on fire.
(c) Jumping off a cliff.
(d) Hanging himself.
2. When Goneril and Edmund travel to Albany's palace, what happens between them?
(a) They hate each other.
(b) They have an affair.
(c) They become friends.
(d) They fall in love.
3. After hearing the news of Cornwall's death, Albany vows to take revenge for what act of Cornwall's?
(a) The blinding of Gloucester.
(b) Not keeping Goneril at Cornwall.
(c) The escape of the King.
(d) Not keeping the women out of the plans.
4. Regan thinks that Gloucester should suffer what punishment?
(c) The stocks.
5. The messenger who delivers the news of Cornwall's death to Albany and Goneril also delivers a letter to Goneril from whom?
6. Who gives Edmund the office of Earl of Gloucester?
(a) The Duke of Burgundy.
(b) Goneril and Regan.
(c) The Duke of Cornwall.
(d) The Duke of Albany.
7. People who see Gloucester's crippled condition are turning against whom?
(a) Regan and Edmund.
(b) Albany and Edmund.
(c) Edmund and Goneril.
(d) Regan and Albany.
8. Regan complains about not feeling well while fighting with whom about Edmund?
(d) Her father.
9. Who tells Goneril that she is becoming a monster and only her shape as a woman protects her?
(a) The Fool.
10. Goneril thinks that Gloucester should suffer what punishment?
(a) His skin should be removed.
(b) His eyes should be plucked out.
(c) He should be drawn and quartered.
(d) His hands should be cut off.
11. Regan promises a promotion to Oswald if he finds and kills who?
12. Why did the King of France leave the French encampment and return to France?
(a) There was important business to take care of in France.
(b) He didn't want to see King Lear.
(c) So he wouldn't have to fight.
(d) Because his life was in danger.
13. How does Edgar lead the blind Gloucester from the heath to the cliffs?
(a) By his voice.
(b) By a rope.
(c) By a leash.
(d) By his arm.
14. When the King of France leaves the French encampment, who does he leave in charge?
(b) The Marshal of France.
(d) The Prince of France.
15. Edgar stops in the middle of what area when he tells Gloucester that they are on a cliff?
(a) A river.
(b) The forest.
(c) A field.
(d) A barn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cornwall says that Gloucester's villainy may be the cause of who's villainy?
2. Who loses the battle according to the news Edgar brings?
3. The British armies are encamped near what city?
4. A servant draws his sword on Cornwall because of what action?
5. Who confirms the death of Cornwall to Cordelia and the doctor?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)