|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The messenger who delivers the news of Cornwall's death to Albany and Goneril also delivers a letter to Goneril from whom?
2. Who confirms the death of Cornwall to Cordelia and the doctor?
3. When Goneril and Edmund travel to Albany's palace, what happens between them?
(a) They hate each other.
(b) They become friends.
(c) They have an affair.
(d) They fall in love.
4. Regan promises a promotion to Oswald if he finds and kills who?
5. Where does the battle take place?
(a) On a field between the two camps.
(b) On a field behind the English encampment.
(c) In Dover.
(d) On a field by the French encampment.
6. Since she is widowed, Regan expects Edmund to do what?
(a) Leave her.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Court her.
(d) Seduce her.
7. Albany arrests who for treason?
(a) Goneril and Edmund.
(b) Goneril and Regan.
(c) Regan and Edmund.
8. Edgar, in his disguise as Poor Tom, agrees to lead Gloucester to the cliffs at which place?
9. Where does Act 3, Scene 5 take place?
(a) Gloucester's courtyard.
(b) Cornwall's castle.
(c) Cornwall's castle.
(d) Gloucester's castle.
10. Who gives Edmund the office of Earl of Gloucester?
(a) Goneril and Regan.
(b) The Duke of Burgundy.
(c) The Duke of Albany.
(d) The Duke of Cornwall.
11. The doctor wants Lear to wake up and servants carry Lear into the doctor on what?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A litter.
(c) A bed.
(d) A chair.
12. Who was captured by the English army?
(a) Lear and Cordelia.
(b) Kent and Lear.
(c) Lear and the Marshal of France.
(d) Cordelia and the Marshal of France.
13. Where does Act 4, Scene 3 take place?
(a) In a town.
(b) Outside the French encampment.
(c) In a forest.
(d) At the French encampment.
14. Albany comes to the British encampment and says that the King is with Cordelia where?
(a) In the French encampment.
(b) At the castle.
(c) In the town.
(d) In the nearby forest.
15. Who says "Yet better thus, and known to be contemned, / Than still contemned and flattered"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion does Edgar feel when he sees that his father is blind?
2. Who tells Kent of a plot against the King?
3. How does Goneril die?
4. Kent asks who not to reveal his identity?
5. Cordelia prays that Lear will recover from what?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)