|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who makes Lear sleep while they are in the farmhouse?
(c) The Fool.
2. Edmund tells a captain to kill Cordelia and make it look like what?
(a) Her father did it.
(b) An accident.
(d) Regan did it.
3. Cordelia has what quality that her sisters lack?
4. Edmund says it will be best, and will support his story, if he finds Gloucester doing what?
(a) Sheltering the King.
(b) With French soldier.
(c) Giving comfort to the King.
(d) Acting as the King.
5. When the King recognizes Cordelia, this is seen as a sign of what?
(a) His recovery from madness.
(b) His recovery from the flu.
(c) His recovery from exposure.
(d) His recovery from sickness.
6. Regan promises a promotion to Oswald if he finds and kills who?
7. Cornwall says that Edmund will find a better what with Cornwall than with Gloucester?
8. Cordelia says she is guiding the French army against the English only because of what?
(a) Her desire to oust her sisters.
(b) Her desire for land.
(c) Her annoyance at her sisters.
(d) Her love for her father.
9. The British armies are encamped near what city?
10. Edgar, in his disguise as Poor Tom, agrees to lead Gloucester to the cliffs at which place?
11. Edgar is left alone at the farmhouse and hopes that the King will be able to do what?
(a) Get his lands back.
(b) Get justice on his daughters.
(d) Live a long life.
12. Kent wonders how such different daughters can come from the same what?
13. Regan thinks that Gloucester should suffer what punishment?
(d) The stocks.
14. Edgar stops in the middle of what area when he tells Gloucester that they are on a cliff?
(a) A field.
(b) The forest.
(c) A river.
(d) A barn.
15. After hearing the news of Cornwall's death, Albany vows to take revenge for what act of Cornwall's?
(a) The escape of the King.
(b) Not keeping Goneril at Cornwall.
(c) Not keeping the women out of the plans.
(d) The blinding of Gloucester.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says "Yet better thus, and known to be contemned, / Than still contemned and flattered"?
2. Since she is widowed, Regan expects Edmund to do what?
3. Kent asks who not to reveal his identity?
4. Who brings Cordelia the news that the British armies are marching towards them?
5. Regan complains about not feeling well while fighting with whom about Edmund?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)