|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Lear, The Fool, Kent, and Gloucester go when they leave the farmhouse?
(a) To Cordelia.
(d) To see a doctor.
2. Who loses the battle according to the news Edgar brings?
(c) The French.
3. What has to happen in order for Edgar to be reunited with his father?
(a) Edgar has to not be mad.
(b) Edgar has to find his father.
(c) Edgar's innocence has to be proven.
(d) Edgar must repent of his actions.
4. Who tells Kent of Cordelia's response to his letter?
(a) An officer.
(b) The Marshal of France.
(c) A gentleman.
(d) A soldier.
5. Who tells Gloucester that Edmund betrayed him?
6. Cornwall says that Gloucester's villainy may be the cause of who's villainy?
7. Edgar is left alone at the farmhouse and hopes that the King will be able to do what?
(a) Get justice on his daughters.
(b) Get his lands back.
(c) Live a long life.
8. When told of the death of Cornwall, Albany says the death was what?
9. Since she is widowed, Regan expects Edmund to do what?
(a) Court her.
(b) Leave her.
(c) Marry her.
(d) Seduce her.
10. Edmund laments promising himself to both sisters and figures out that the only way he is going to enjoy one of them is for what to happen?
(a) Goneril stays married to Albany.
(b) If the sisters move farther apart.
(c) He says he can enjoy them both if he is crafty.
(d) One of the sisters to die.
11. Who makes Lear sleep while they are in the farmhouse?
(d) The Fool.
12. Where does Act 3, Scene 5 take place?
(a) Cornwall's castle.
(b) Gloucester's courtyard.
(c) Gloucester's castle.
(d) Cornwall's castle.
13. After hearing the news of Cornwall's death, Albany vows to take revenge for what act of Cornwall's?
(a) Not keeping the women out of the plans.
(b) The escape of the King.
(c) The blinding of Gloucester.
(d) Not keeping Goneril at Cornwall.
14. A servant draws his sword on Cornwall because of what action?
(a) Because Cornwall gouged out one of Gloucester's eyes.
(b) Because Cornwall accused Gloucester of being a traitor.
(c) Because Cornwall stabbed Gloucester.
(d) Because Cornwall tied Gloucester to a chair.
15. What does the doctor prescribe to help cure Lear's madness?
(a) Cold water baths.
(b) Herbs and walking.
(c) Sleep and rest.
(d) Nothing can cure madness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Albany arrests who for treason?
2. What emotion does Edgar feel when he sees that his father is blind?
3. Oswald reports that Albany smiled when he heard what news?
4. Who was captured by the English army?
5. Regan suspects that Goneril and Edmund are doing what?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)