|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Kent of Cordelia's response to his letter?
(a) An officer.
(b) The Marshal of France.
(c) A gentleman.
(d) A soldier.
2. Regan promises a promotion to Oswald if he finds and kills who?
3. How does Edgar lead the blind Gloucester from the heath to the cliffs?
(a) By a rope.
(b) By a leash.
(c) By his voice.
(d) By his arm.
4. When Goneril and Edmund travel to Albany's palace, what happens between them?
(a) They hate each other.
(b) They fall in love.
(c) They become friends.
(d) They have an affair.
5. Gloucester tries to commit suicide by doing what?
(a) Hanging himself.
(b) Lighting himself on fire.
(c) Jumping off a cliff.
(d) Stabbing himself.
6. The messenger who delivers the news of Cornwall's death to Albany and Goneril also delivers a letter to Goneril from whom?
7. How does Edmund die?
(a) Edgar kills him.
(b) Regan kills him.
(c) Kent kills him.
(d) Goneril kills him.
8. The stage directions have the battle between the English and the French taking place where?
(a) Off stage.
(b) In the back of the stage.
(c) To the right of where Gloucester sits.
(d) On the whole stage.
9. How does Goneril die?
(a) By suicide.
(b) Edmund kills her.
(c) Regan poisons her.
(d) A servant stabs her.
10. Who brings Cordelia the news that the British armies are marching towards them?
(a) A gentleman.
(b) A soldier.
(c) An officer.
(d) A messenger.
11. The British armies are encamped near what city?
12. The doctor wants Lear to wake up and servants carry Lear into the doctor on what?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A litter.
(c) A chair.
(d) A bed.
13. On the battlefield, Edgar sets Gloucester by a tree and tells him to pray for what?
(a) That the English win and Lear is restored to his throne.
(b) That his sons will survive the fight.
(c) That the French will win and Lear will be victorious.
(d) That the right side will be victorious.
14. Cordelia says she is guiding the French army against the English only because of what?
(a) Her annoyance at her sisters.
(b) Her love for her father.
(c) Her desire to oust her sisters.
(d) Her desire for land.
15. Oswald reports that Albany smiled when he heard what news?
(a) That the King had gone to Dover.
(b) That Goneril and Edmund were on their way.
(c) That Gloucester was punished.
(d) That the French Army had landed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is leading a blind Gloucester into the heath?
2. Who confirms the death of Cornwall to Cordelia and the doctor?
3. What does Edgar give Albany in the British encampment?
4. Edmund laments promising himself to both sisters and figures out that the only way he is going to enjoy one of them is for what to happen?
5. Who poisoned Regan?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)