|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cornwall says that Gloucester's villainy may be the cause of who's villainy?
2. Regan suspects that Goneril and Edmund are doing what?
(a) Plotting against her.
(b) Plotting against Albany.
(c) Having an affair.
(d) Going to kill Albany and get married.
3. Cornwall says that Edmund will find a better what with Cornwall than with Gloucester?
4. Albany comes to the British encampment and says that the King is with Cordelia where?
(a) At the castle.
(b) In the town.
(c) In the French encampment.
(d) In the nearby forest.
5. Who confirms the death of Cornwall to Cordelia and the doctor?
6. What does Edgar give Albany in the British encampment?
(a) A letter from Goneril to Cornwall.
(b) A letter from Goneril to Edgar.
(c) A letter from Goneril to the King of France.
(d) A letter from Goneril to Edmund.
7. After hearing the news of Cornwall's death, Albany vows to take revenge for what act of Cornwall's?
(a) Not keeping Goneril at Cornwall.
(b) Not keeping the women out of the plans.
(c) The blinding of Gloucester.
(d) The escape of the King.
8. Edmund laments promising himself to both sisters and figures out that the only way he is going to enjoy one of them is for what to happen?
(a) Goneril stays married to Albany.
(b) If the sisters move farther apart.
(c) He says he can enjoy them both if he is crafty.
(d) One of the sisters to die.
9. The stage directions have the battle between the English and the French taking place where?
(a) On the whole stage.
(b) Off stage.
(c) In the back of the stage.
(d) To the right of where Gloucester sits.
10. Who says "Yet better thus, and known to be contemned, / Than still contemned and flattered"?
11. Since she is widowed, Regan expects Edmund to do what?
(a) Marry her.
(b) Leave her.
(c) Seduce her.
(d) Court her.
12. Who was captured by the English army?
(a) Lear and Cordelia.
(b) Lear and the Marshal of France.
(c) Cordelia and the Marshal of France.
(d) Kent and Lear.
13. Edgar stops in the middle of what area when he tells Gloucester that they are on a cliff?
(a) A river.
(b) The forest.
(c) A barn.
(d) A field.
14. Where do Lear, The Fool, Kent, and Gloucester go when they leave the farmhouse?
(c) To see a doctor.
(d) To Cordelia.
15. How does Goneril die?
(a) Regan poisons her.
(b) Edmund kills her.
(c) A servant stabs her.
(d) By suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Edmund die?
2. Cordelia prays that Lear will recover from what?
3. What is Edmund's response to Regan when she asks him if he slept with Goneril?
4. When told of the death of Cornwall, Albany says the death was what?
5. Cordelia has what quality that her sisters lack?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)