|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When told of the death of Cornwall, Albany says the death was what?
2. When Oswald leaves Goneril and Albany and returns to Regan at Cornwall, what does he carry from Goneril to Edmund?
(a) A flower.
(b) A message.
(c) A sword.
(d) A letter.
3. Gloucester greets the news of the English taking prisoners with what thoughts?
(a) Thoughts of hopelessness.
(b) Thoughts of suicide.
(c) Thoughts of rescue.
(d) Thoughts of sadness.
4. Who loses the battle according to the news Edgar brings?
(a) The French.
5. Oswald reports that Albany smiled when he heard what news?
(a) That Gloucester was punished.
(b) That the King had gone to Dover.
(c) That the French Army had landed.
(d) That Goneril and Edmund were on their way.
6. When Gloucester is told that he is climbing a cliff, what does he complain about not hearing?
(a) The wind.
(c) The sea.
(d) A river.
7. After Cornwall's death, who leads his army?
(b) The Marshal of Cornwall.
8. People who see Gloucester's crippled condition are turning against whom?
(a) Regan and Edmund.
(b) Edmund and Goneril.
(c) Regan and Albany.
(d) Albany and Edmund.
9. Why did the King of France leave the French encampment and return to France?
(a) Because his life was in danger.
(b) He didn't want to see King Lear.
(c) So he wouldn't have to fight.
(d) There was important business to take care of in France.
10. How does Edgar lead the blind Gloucester from the heath to the cliffs?
(a) By a leash.
(b) By his voice.
(c) By a rope.
(d) By his arm.
11. Edmund says it will be best, and will support his story, if he finds Gloucester doing what?
(a) With French soldier.
(b) Giving comfort to the King.
(c) Sheltering the King.
(d) Acting as the King.
12. Lear says that wickedness is only punished in the poor and that wickedness isn't punished in the rich because they are protected by what?
(a) Their wealth.
(b) Their homes.
(c) Their servants.
(d) Their status.
13. Where does the battle take place?
(a) In Dover.
(b) On a field by the French encampment.
(c) On a field between the two camps.
(d) On a field behind the English encampment.
14. The British armies are encamped near what city?
15. Edmund laments promising himself to both sisters and figures out that the only way he is going to enjoy one of them is for what to happen?
(a) He says he can enjoy them both if he is crafty.
(b) One of the sisters to die.
(c) If the sisters move farther apart.
(d) Goneril stays married to Albany.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cornwall says that Edmund will find a better what with Cornwall than with Gloucester?
2. Where does Act 3, Scene 5 take place?
3. Edgar is left alone at the farmhouse and hopes that the King will be able to do what?
4. Who was captured by the English army?
5. How does Goneril die?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)