|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who brings Cornwall the news that Gloucester has taken the King to Dover?
(a) A gentleman.
(d) A spy.
2. Cordelia prays that Lear will recover from what?
(a) His suicidal tendancy.
(b) His madness.
(c) His depression.
(d) His regrets.
3. Oswald reports that Albany smiled when he heard what news?
(a) That the King had gone to Dover.
(b) That Gloucester was punished.
(c) That Goneril and Edmund were on their way.
(d) That the French Army had landed.
4. Edgar is left alone at the farmhouse and hopes that the King will be able to do what?
(a) Get justice on his daughters.
(b) Live a long life.
(d) Get his lands back.
5. Gloucester tries to commit suicide by doing what?
(a) Stabbing himself.
(b) Lighting himself on fire.
(c) Jumping off a cliff.
(d) Hanging himself.
6. When Gloucester is told that he is climbing a cliff, what does he complain about not hearing?
(a) The wind.
(b) A river.
(d) The sea.
7. How does Edgar lead the blind Gloucester from the heath to the cliffs?
(a) By his arm.
(b) By his voice.
(c) By a leash.
(d) By a rope.
8. What is Edmund's response to Regan when she asks him if he slept with Goneril?
(b) He agrees.
(d) He ignores her.
9. Regan suspects that Goneril and Edmund are doing what?
(a) Plotting against Albany.
(b) Having an affair.
(c) Going to kill Albany and get married.
(d) Plotting against her.
10. Edmund fakes feeling what about turning in his father?
(a) Emotional conflict
11. When told of the death of Cornwall, Albany says the death was what?
12. Kent asks who not to reveal his identity?
(c) The Gentleman.
(d) The Fool.
13. Where does the battle take place?
(a) On a field between the two camps.
(b) On a field behind the English encampment.
(c) On a field by the French encampment.
(d) In Dover.
14. When the King recognizes Cordelia, this is seen as a sign of what?
(a) His recovery from the flu.
(b) His recovery from exposure.
(c) His recovery from sickness.
(d) His recovery from madness.
15. Why did the King of France leave the French encampment and return to France?
(a) He didn't want to see King Lear.
(b) Because his life was in danger.
(c) There was important business to take care of in France.
(d) So he wouldn't have to fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lear says that wickedness is only punished in the poor and that wickedness isn't punished in the rich because they are protected by what?
2. Where does Act 3, Scene 5 take place?
3. Where do Lear, The Fool, Kent, and Gloucester go when they leave the farmhouse?
4. Albany arrests who for treason?
5. Cornwall says that Gloucester's villainy may be the cause of who's villainy?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)