|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cordelia prays that Lear will recover from what?
(a) His regrets.
(b) His suicidal tendancy.
(c) His madness.
(d) His depression.
2. Who brings Cornwall the news that Gloucester has taken the King to Dover?
(c) A spy.
(d) A gentleman.
3. Who is leading a blind Gloucester into the heath?
(a) A sad man.
(b) An old man.
(c) A poor man.
(d) A mad man.
4. Edgar tells Gloucester that the person who led Gloucester to the edge of the cliff looked like a what?
5. The stage directions have the battle between the English and the French taking place where?
(a) On the whole stage.
(b) Off stage.
(c) In the back of the stage.
(d) To the right of where Gloucester sits.
6. When Gloucester is brought in and tied up, he asks Regan, Goneril, and Cornwall to not mistreat him because why?
(a) Because he helped their father.
(b) Because they are related to him.
(c) Because they are human.
(d) Because they are his guests.
7. The British armies are encamped near what city?
8. Edgar is left alone at the farmhouse and hopes that the King will be able to do what?
(b) Live a long life.
(c) Get justice on his daughters.
(d) Get his lands back.
9. Cornwall says that Edmund will find a better what with Cornwall than with Gloucester?
10. Who says "Yet better thus, and known to be contemned, / Than still contemned and flattered"?
11. Regan suspects that Goneril and Edmund are doing what?
(a) Having an affair.
(b) Going to kill Albany and get married.
(c) Plotting against her.
(d) Plotting against Albany.
12. After hearing the news of Cornwall's death, Albany vows to take revenge for what act of Cornwall's?
(a) The blinding of Gloucester.
(b) Not keeping Goneril at Cornwall.
(c) The escape of the King.
(d) Not keeping the women out of the plans.
13. Albany arrests who for treason?
(a) Goneril and Edmund.
(c) Goneril and Regan.
(d) Regan and Edmund.
14. Edmund promises not to allow Albany to have mercy on whom after the battle?
(a) Lear and Edgar.
(b) Lear and Cordelia.
(c) Gloucester and Edgar.
(d) Cordelia and Goneril.
15. Cornwall says that Gloucester's villainy may be the cause of who's villainy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Gloucester greets the news of the English taking prisoners with what thoughts?
2. Who poisoned Regan?
3. What emotion does Edgar feel when he sees that his father is blind?
4. Gloucester tries to commit suicide by doing what?
5. Where does the battle take place?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)