|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the King of France leaves the French encampment, who does he leave in charge?
(a) The Prince of France.
(d) The Marshal of France.
2. What has to happen in order for Edgar to be reunited with his father?
(a) Edgar has to not be mad.
(b) Edgar must repent of his actions.
(c) Edgar's innocence has to be proven.
(d) Edgar has to find his father.
3. Who was captured by the English army?
(a) Lear and Cordelia.
(b) Cordelia and the Marshal of France.
(c) Kent and Lear.
(d) Lear and the Marshal of France.
4. Cornwall says that Edmund will find a better what with Cornwall than with Gloucester?
5. The stage directions have the battle between the English and the French taking place where?
(a) In the back of the stage.
(b) To the right of where Gloucester sits.
(c) On the whole stage.
(d) Off stage.
6. Edmund laments promising himself to both sisters and figures out that the only way he is going to enjoy one of them is for what to happen?
(a) Goneril stays married to Albany.
(b) One of the sisters to die.
(c) He says he can enjoy them both if he is crafty.
(d) If the sisters move farther apart.
7. After hearing the news of Cornwall's death, Albany vows to take revenge for what act of Cornwall's?
(a) The escape of the King.
(b) The blinding of Gloucester.
(c) Not keeping Goneril at Cornwall.
(d) Not keeping the women out of the plans.
8. Cordelia says she is guiding the French army against the English only because of what?
(a) Her desire to oust her sisters.
(b) Her desire for land.
(c) Her love for her father.
(d) Her annoyance at her sisters.
9. After Cornwall's death, who leads his army?
(a) The Marshal of Cornwall.
10. Edgar, in his disguise as Poor Tom, agrees to lead Gloucester to the cliffs at which place?
11. Cordelia says that France is not fighting the English with which motivation?
12. Who tells Kent of a plot against the King?
(b) A gentleman.
(c) His dreams.
(d) The stars.
13. Kent asks who not to reveal his identity?
(a) The Gentleman.
(c) The Fool.
14. The man who leads the blind Earl of Gloucester into the heath claims what relationship to the Earl?
(a) A tenant.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A man-at-arms.
(d) A servant.
15. The doctor wants Lear to wake up and servants carry Lear into the doctor on what?
(a) A chair.
(b) A blanket.
(c) A litter.
(d) A bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cordelia enters Act 4, Scene 4 with what instruments sounding?
2. Who brings Cordelia the news that the British armies are marching towards them?
3. Who tells Kent of Cordelia's response to his letter?
4. What does the doctor prescribe to help cure Lear's madness?
5. Edmund says it will be best, and will support his story, if he finds Gloucester doing what?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)