|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The stage directions have the battle between the English and the French taking place where?
(a) On the whole stage.
(b) To the right of where Gloucester sits.
(c) In the back of the stage.
(d) Off stage.
2. Edgar, in his disguise as Poor Tom, agrees to lead Gloucester to the cliffs at which place?
3. Why did the King of France leave the French encampment and return to France?
(a) So he wouldn't have to fight.
(b) He didn't want to see King Lear.
(c) Because his life was in danger.
(d) There was important business to take care of in France.
4. Since she is widowed, Regan expects Edmund to do what?
(a) Marry her.
(b) Seduce her.
(c) Leave her.
(d) Court her.
5. When Oswald leaves Goneril and Albany and returns to Regan at Cornwall, what does he carry from Goneril to Edmund?
(a) A message.
(b) A flower.
(c) A letter.
(d) A sword.
6. Who tells Kent of Cordelia's response to his letter?
(a) An officer.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A gentleman.
(d) The Marshal of France.
7. The messenger who delivers the news of Cornwall's death to Albany and Goneril also delivers a letter to Goneril from whom?
8. Regan suspects that Goneril and Edmund are doing what?
(a) Plotting against her.
(b) Going to kill Albany and get married.
(c) Plotting against Albany.
(d) Having an affair.
9. When the King of France leaves the French encampment, who does he leave in charge?
(a) The Prince of France.
(c) The Marshal of France.
10. Who is leading a blind Gloucester into the heath?
(a) A poor man.
(b) An old man.
(c) A sad man.
(d) A mad man.
11. Cordelia says she is guiding the French army against the English only because of what?
(a) Her love for her father.
(b) Her desire to oust her sisters.
(c) Her annoyance at her sisters.
(d) Her desire for land.
12. Gloucester greets the news of the English taking prisoners with what thoughts?
(a) Thoughts of hopelessness.
(b) Thoughts of rescue.
(c) Thoughts of suicide.
(d) Thoughts of sadness.
13. Goneril thinks that Gloucester should suffer what punishment?
(a) His eyes should be plucked out.
(b) He should be drawn and quartered.
(c) His hands should be cut off.
(d) His skin should be removed.
14. How does Goneril die?
(a) A servant stabs her.
(b) By suicide.
(c) Edmund kills her.
(d) Regan poisons her.
15. Gloucester tries to commit suicide by doing what?
(a) Hanging himself.
(b) Lighting himself on fire.
(c) Jumping off a cliff.
(d) Stabbing himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kent wonders how such different daughters can come from the same what?
2. A servant draws his sword on Cornwall because of what action?
3. Who brings Cornwall the news that Gloucester has taken the King to Dover?
4. The man who leads the blind Earl of Gloucester into the heath claims what relationship to the Earl?
5. What has to happen in order for Edgar to be reunited with his father?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)