|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Albany arrests who for treason?
(a) Goneril and Edmund.
(b) Goneril and Regan.
(c) Regan and Edmund.
2. When Gloucester is told that he is climbing a cliff, what does he complain about not hearing?
(b) The sea.
(c) A river.
(d) The wind.
3. When told of the death of Cornwall, Albany says the death was what?
4. While Lear is in the town near the French encampment, he doesn't want to see Cordelia because he feels what?
5. How does Edmund die?
(a) Regan kills him.
(b) Kent kills him.
(c) Edgar kills him.
(d) Goneril kills him.
6. Who tells Goneril that she is becoming a monster and only her shape as a woman protects her?
(b) The Fool.
7. Why did the King of France leave the French encampment and return to France?
(a) Because his life was in danger.
(b) So he wouldn't have to fight.
(c) He didn't want to see King Lear.
(d) There was important business to take care of in France.
8. Kent asks who not to reveal his identity?
(b) The Fool.
(d) The Gentleman.
9. Oswald reports that Albany smiled when he heard what news?
(a) That Gloucester was punished.
(b) That the King had gone to Dover.
(c) That the French Army had landed.
(d) That Goneril and Edmund were on their way.
10. Edmund tells a captain to kill Cordelia and make it look like what?
(a) Her father did it.
(c) Regan did it.
(d) An accident.
11. Cordelia says she is guiding the French army against the English only because of what?
(a) Her annoyance at her sisters.
(b) Her desire to oust her sisters.
(c) Her love for her father.
(d) Her desire for land.
12. After Cornwall's death, who leads his army?
(b) The Marshal of Cornwall.
13. Where does the battle take place?
(a) On a field between the two camps.
(b) On a field by the French encampment.
(c) On a field behind the English encampment.
(d) In Dover.
14. The doctor wants Lear to wake up and servants carry Lear into the doctor on what?
(a) A litter.
(b) A chair.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A bed.
15. How does Goneril die?
(a) Edmund kills her.
(b) Regan poisons her.
(c) A servant stabs her.
(d) By suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. A servant draws his sword on Cornwall because of what action?
2. Regan suspects that Goneril and Edmund are doing what?
3. Who loses the battle according to the news Edgar brings?
4. After hearing the news of Cornwall's death, Albany vows to take revenge for what act of Cornwall's?
5. Regan promises a promotion to Oswald if he finds and kills who?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)