|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The messenger who delivers the news of Cornwall's death to Albany and Goneril also delivers a letter to Goneril from whom?
2. Who tells Kent of a plot against the King?
(a) The stars.
(b) A gentleman.
(d) His dreams.
3. When told of the death of Cornwall, Albany says the death was what?
4. Edmund laments promising himself to both sisters and figures out that the only way he is going to enjoy one of them is for what to happen?
(a) Goneril stays married to Albany.
(b) If the sisters move farther apart.
(c) He says he can enjoy them both if he is crafty.
(d) One of the sisters to die.
5. Who states that Goneril is a better soldier than Albany?
(c) A soldier.
6. A servant draws his sword on Cornwall because of what action?
(a) Because Cornwall gouged out one of Gloucester's eyes.
(b) Because Cornwall tied Gloucester to a chair.
(c) Because Cornwall accused Gloucester of being a traitor.
(d) Because Cornwall stabbed Gloucester.
7. Edgar, in his disguise as Poor Tom, agrees to lead Gloucester to the cliffs at which place?
8. What does Edgar give Albany in the British encampment?
(a) A letter from Goneril to the King of France.
(b) A letter from Goneril to Edmund.
(c) A letter from Goneril to Edgar.
(d) A letter from Goneril to Cornwall.
9. How does Goneril die?
(a) By suicide.
(b) Edmund kills her.
(c) Regan poisons her.
(d) A servant stabs her.
10. On the battlefield, Edgar sets Gloucester by a tree and tells him to pray for what?
(a) That the English win and Lear is restored to his throne.
(b) That his sons will survive the fight.
(c) That the right side will be victorious.
(d) That the French will win and Lear will be victorious.
11. Kent asks who not to reveal his identity?
(a) The Gentleman.
(b) The Fool.
12. Lear conducts a mock trial of his daughters; who serves as the judges?
(a) Edgar and Kent.
(b) Kent and The Fool.
(c) Edgar and The Fool.
(d) Edgar, Kent, and The Fool.
13. When Gloucester is brought in and tied up, he asks Regan, Goneril, and Cornwall to not mistreat him because why?
(a) Because he helped their father.
(b) Because they are his guests.
(c) Because they are human.
(d) Because they are related to him.
14. Edmund says it will be best, and will support his story, if he finds Gloucester doing what?
(a) Giving comfort to the King.
(b) Acting as the King.
(c) With French soldier.
(d) Sheltering the King.
15. The British armies are encamped near what city?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Oswald leaves Goneril and Albany and returns to Regan at Cornwall, what does he carry from Goneril to Edmund?
2. Regan promises a promotion to Oswald if he finds and kills who?
3. Regan suspects that Goneril and Edmund are doing what?
4. Why did the King of France leave the French encampment and return to France?
5. Who was captured by the English army?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)