|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The doctor wants Lear to wake up and servants carry Lear into the doctor on what?
(a) A bed.
(b) A chair.
(c) A litter.
(d) A blanket.
2. When Goneril and Edmund travel to Albany's palace, what happens between them?
(a) They hate each other.
(b) They become friends.
(c) They fall in love.
(d) They have an affair.
3. Gloucester tries to commit suicide by doing what?
(a) Jumping off a cliff.
(b) Lighting himself on fire.
(c) Stabbing himself.
(d) Hanging himself.
4. Cordelia enters Act 4, Scene 4 with what instruments sounding?
5. Albany arrests who for treason?
(a) Goneril and Edmund.
(c) Regan and Edmund.
(d) Goneril and Regan.
6. What does Edgar give Albany in the British encampment?
(a) A letter from Goneril to Cornwall.
(b) A letter from Goneril to Edgar.
(c) A letter from Goneril to the King of France.
(d) A letter from Goneril to Edmund.
7. When Oswald leaves Goneril and Albany and returns to Regan at Cornwall, what does he carry from Goneril to Edmund?
(a) A message.
(b) A sword.
(c) A flower.
(d) A letter.
8. Cordelia says she is guiding the French army against the English only because of what?
(a) Her desire to oust her sisters.
(b) Her love for her father.
(c) Her desire for land.
(d) Her annoyance at her sisters.
9. Who kills Oswald?
10. Edgar tells Gloucester that the person who led Gloucester to the edge of the cliff looked like a what?
11. Who states that Goneril is a better soldier than Albany?
(a) A soldier.
12. Who poisoned Regan?
13. Edgar stops in the middle of what area when he tells Gloucester that they are on a cliff?
(a) The forest.
(b) A river.
(c) A field.
(d) A barn.
14. Where do Lear, The Fool, Kent, and Gloucester go when they leave the farmhouse?
(a) To Cordelia.
(c) To see a doctor.
15. Cornwall says that Edmund will find a better what with Cornwall than with Gloucester?
Short Answer Questions
1. Lear says that wickedness is only punished in the poor and that wickedness isn't punished in the rich because they are protected by what?
2. When Gloucester is brought in and tied up, he asks Regan, Goneril, and Cornwall to not mistreat him because why?
3. Since she is widowed, Regan expects Edmund to do what?
4. Who tells Gloucester that Edmund betrayed him?
5. Who tells Kent of Cordelia's response to his letter?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)