|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Oswald reports that Albany smiled when he heard what news?
(a) That the King had gone to Dover.
(b) That the French Army had landed.
(c) That Gloucester was punished.
(d) That Goneril and Edmund were on their way.
2. People who see Gloucester's crippled condition are turning against whom?
(a) Albany and Edmund.
(b) Edmund and Goneril.
(c) Regan and Edmund.
(d) Regan and Albany.
3. Who brings Cornwall the news that Gloucester has taken the King to Dover?
(a) A spy.
(c) A gentleman.
4. Kent asks who not to reveal his identity?
(a) The Fool.
(b) The Gentleman.
5. Who tells Gloucester that Edmund betrayed him?
6. Cordelia has what quality that her sisters lack?
7. Who gives Edmund the office of Earl of Gloucester?
(a) The Duke of Cornwall.
(b) The Duke of Albany.
(c) The Duke of Burgundy.
(d) Goneril and Regan.
8. Edmund says it will be best, and will support his story, if he finds Gloucester doing what?
(a) Giving comfort to the King.
(b) With French soldier.
(c) Acting as the King.
(d) Sheltering the King.
9. When Oswald leaves Goneril and Albany and returns to Regan at Cornwall, what does he carry from Goneril to Edmund?
(a) A flower.
(b) A message.
(c) A letter.
(d) A sword.
10. Lear conducts a mock trial of his daughters; who serves as the judges?
(a) Edgar, Kent, and The Fool.
(b) Edgar and Kent.
(c) Edgar and The Fool.
(d) Kent and The Fool.
11. Who loses the battle according to the news Edgar brings?
(d) The French.
12. After hearing the news of Cornwall's death, Albany vows to take revenge for what act of Cornwall's?
(a) Not keeping Goneril at Cornwall.
(b) The blinding of Gloucester.
(c) Not keeping the women out of the plans.
(d) The escape of the King.
13. While Lear is in the town near the French encampment, he doesn't want to see Cordelia because he feels what?
14. Cordelia says she is guiding the French army against the English only because of what?
(a) Her love for her father.
(b) Her desire for land.
(c) Her annoyance at her sisters.
(d) Her desire to oust her sisters.
15. Who poisoned Regan?
Short Answer Questions
1. The doctor wants Lear to wake up and servants carry Lear into the doctor on what?
2. Gloucester greets the news of the English taking prisoners with what thoughts?
3. Regan promises a promotion to Oswald if he finds and kills who?
4. Cordelia enters Act 4, Scene 4 with what instruments sounding?
5. Edmund promises not to allow Albany to have mercy on whom after the battle?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)