|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Gloucester that Edmund betrayed him?
2. How does Edmund die?
(a) Edgar kills him.
(b) Goneril kills him.
(c) Kent kills him.
(d) Regan kills him.
3. How does Goneril die?
(a) By suicide.
(b) Regan poisons her.
(c) A servant stabs her.
(d) Edmund kills her.
4. Cornwall says that Edmund will find a better what with Cornwall than with Gloucester?
5. What emotion does Edgar feel when he sees that his father is blind?
6. Oswald reports that Albany smiled when he heard what news?
(a) That the King had gone to Dover.
(b) That Goneril and Edmund were on their way.
(c) That Gloucester was punished.
(d) That the French Army had landed.
7. Cornwall says that Gloucester's villainy may be the cause of who's villainy?
8. Cordelia says she is guiding the French army against the English only because of what?
(a) Her annoyance at her sisters.
(b) Her desire to oust her sisters.
(c) Her desire for land.
(d) Her love for her father.
9. On the battlefield, Edgar sets Gloucester by a tree and tells him to pray for what?
(a) That the English win and Lear is restored to his throne.
(b) That his sons will survive the fight.
(c) That the right side will be victorious.
(d) That the French will win and Lear will be victorious.
10. The stage directions have the battle between the English and the French taking place where?
(a) Off stage.
(b) In the back of the stage.
(c) On the whole stage.
(d) To the right of where Gloucester sits.
11. The messenger who delivers the news of Cornwall's death to Albany and Goneril also delivers a letter to Goneril from whom?
12. Who tells Kent of a plot against the King?
(a) The stars.
(c) His dreams.
(d) A gentleman.
13. Kent wonders how such different daughters can come from the same what?
14. Where does Act 3, Scene 5 take place?
(a) Cornwall's castle.
(b) Gloucester's courtyard.
(c) Cornwall's castle.
(d) Gloucester's castle.
15. When told of the death of Cornwall, Albany says the death was what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Regan promises a promotion to Oswald if he finds and kills who?
2. When the King recognizes Cordelia, this is seen as a sign of what?
3. Who was captured by the English army?
4. The British armies are encamped near what city?
5. Regan suspects that Goneril and Edmund are doing what?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)