|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cordelia prays that Lear will recover from what?
(a) His regrets.
(b) His suicidal tendancy.
(c) His depression.
(d) His madness.
2. Who makes Lear sleep while they are in the farmhouse?
(a) The Fool.
3. People who see Gloucester's crippled condition are turning against whom?
(a) Regan and Albany.
(b) Regan and Edmund.
(c) Albany and Edmund.
(d) Edmund and Goneril.
4. Gloucester greets the news of the English taking prisoners with what thoughts?
(a) Thoughts of suicide.
(b) Thoughts of hopelessness.
(c) Thoughts of rescue.
(d) Thoughts of sadness.
5. What does the doctor prescribe to help cure Lear's madness?
(a) Nothing can cure madness.
(b) Sleep and rest.
(c) Herbs and walking.
(d) Cold water baths.
6. Edgar, in his disguise as Poor Tom, agrees to lead Gloucester to the cliffs at which place?
7. Cordelia says she is guiding the French army against the English only because of what?
(a) Her desire for land.
(b) Her love for her father.
(c) Her desire to oust her sisters.
(d) Her annoyance at her sisters.
8. The doctor wants Lear to wake up and servants carry Lear into the doctor on what?
(a) A chair.
(b) A bed.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A litter.
9. Cordelia enters Act 4, Scene 4 with what instruments sounding?
10. Gloucester tries to commit suicide by doing what?
(a) Stabbing himself.
(b) Lighting himself on fire.
(c) Jumping off a cliff.
(d) Hanging himself.
11. Who loses the battle according to the news Edgar brings?
(c) The French.
12. Edmund tells a captain to kill Cordelia and make it look like what?
(b) An accident.
(c) Regan did it.
(d) Her father did it.
13. Who tells Goneril that she is becoming a monster and only her shape as a woman protects her?
(b) The Fool.
14. While Lear is in the town near the French encampment, he doesn't want to see Cordelia because he feels what?
15. Cordelia has what quality that her sisters lack?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Goneril and Edmund travel to Albany's palace, what happens between them?
2. Regan complains about not feeling well while fighting with whom about Edmund?
3. Albany arrests who for treason?
4. Where does Act 3, Scene 5 take place?
5. Kent asks who not to reveal his identity?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)