|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Goneril and Edmund travel to Albany's palace, what happens between them?
(a) They fall in love.
(b) They hate each other.
(c) They have an affair.
(d) They become friends.
2. Who brings Cordelia the news that the British armies are marching towards them?
(a) A gentleman.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A messenger.
(d) An officer.
3. Who confirms the death of Cornwall to Cordelia and the doctor?
4. Regan thinks that Gloucester should suffer what punishment?
(c) The stocks.
5. Who tells Kent of Cordelia's response to his letter?
(a) The Marshal of France.
(b) A gentleman.
(c) A soldier.
(d) An officer.
6. The doctor wants Lear to wake up and servants carry Lear into the doctor on what?
(a) A litter.
(b) A blanket.
(c) A bed.
(d) A chair.
7. How does Goneril die?
(a) A servant stabs her.
(b) By suicide.
(c) Edmund kills her.
(d) Regan poisons her.
8. Edgar is left alone at the farmhouse and hopes that the King will be able to do what?
(a) Get his lands back.
(b) Live a long life.
(c) Get justice on his daughters.
9. How does Edmund die?
(a) Goneril kills him.
(b) Kent kills him.
(c) Regan kills him.
(d) Edgar kills him.
10. While Lear is in the town near the French encampment, he doesn't want to see Cordelia because he feels what?
11. Who tells Gloucester that Edmund betrayed him?
12. When Gloucester is brought in and tied up, he asks Regan, Goneril, and Cornwall to not mistreat him because why?
(a) Because they are human.
(b) Because they are his guests.
(c) Because he helped their father.
(d) Because they are related to him.
13. Who poisoned Regan?
14. Who gives Edmund the office of Earl of Gloucester?
(a) The Duke of Burgundy.
(b) The Duke of Albany.
(c) The Duke of Cornwall.
(d) Goneril and Regan.
15. The British armies are encamped near what city?
Short Answer Questions
1. Lear says that wickedness is only punished in the poor and that wickedness isn't punished in the rich because they are protected by what?
2. Who states that Goneril is a better soldier than Albany?
3. Who tells Kent of a plot against the King?
4. Where do Lear, The Fool, Kent, and Gloucester go when they leave the farmhouse?
5. Cordelia says she is guiding the French army against the English only because of what?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)