|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Act 4, Scene 3 take place?
(a) Outside the French encampment.
(b) In a town.
(c) In a forest.
(d) At the French encampment.
2. What emotion does Edgar feel when he sees that his father is blind?
3. Since she is widowed, Regan expects Edmund to do what?
(a) Seduce her.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Court her.
(d) Leave her.
4. Gloucester tries to commit suicide by doing what?
(a) Hanging himself.
(b) Stabbing himself.
(c) Lighting himself on fire.
(d) Jumping off a cliff.
5. Who brings Cordelia the news that the British armies are marching towards them?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A gentleman.
(c) A messenger.
(d) An officer.
6. Cordelia says that France is not fighting the English with which motivation?
7. Cordelia says she is guiding the French army against the English only because of what?
(a) Her annoyance at her sisters.
(b) Her love for her father.
(c) Her desire to oust her sisters.
(d) Her desire for land.
8. Why did the King of France leave the French encampment and return to France?
(a) Because his life was in danger.
(b) He didn't want to see King Lear.
(c) So he wouldn't have to fight.
(d) There was important business to take care of in France.
9. Cornwall says that Gloucester's villainy may be the cause of who's villainy?
10. Who is leading a blind Gloucester into the heath?
(a) A poor man.
(b) A sad man.
(c) An old man.
(d) A mad man.
11. Regan promises a promotion to Oswald if he finds and kills who?
12. Who tells Goneril that she is becoming a monster and only her shape as a woman protects her?
(c) The Fool.
13. Edgar stops in the middle of what area when he tells Gloucester that they are on a cliff?
(a) A river.
(b) A barn.
(c) A field.
(d) The forest.
14. Lear says that wickedness is only punished in the poor and that wickedness isn't punished in the rich because they are protected by what?
(a) Their servants.
(b) Their wealth.
(c) Their homes.
(d) Their status.
15. Edgar, in his disguise as Poor Tom, agrees to lead Gloucester to the cliffs at which place?
Short Answer Questions
1. A servant draws his sword on Cornwall because of what action?
2. When the King of France leaves the French encampment, who does he leave in charge?
3. Cordelia prays that Lear will recover from what?
4. When told of the death of Cornwall, Albany says the death was what?
5. What is Edmund's response to Regan when she asks him if he slept with Goneril?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)