|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has to happen in order for Edgar to be reunited with his father?
(a) Edgar has to not be mad.
(b) Edgar has to find his father.
(c) Edgar must repent of his actions.
(d) Edgar's innocence has to be proven.
2. Why did the King of France leave the French encampment and return to France?
(a) He didn't want to see King Lear.
(b) So he wouldn't have to fight.
(c) There was important business to take care of in France.
(d) Because his life was in danger.
3. Goneril thinks that Gloucester should suffer what punishment?
(a) His eyes should be plucked out.
(b) His skin should be removed.
(c) He should be drawn and quartered.
(d) His hands should be cut off.
4. Edgar stops in the middle of what area when he tells Gloucester that they are on a cliff?
(a) The forest.
(b) A field.
(c) A barn.
(d) A river.
5. Cornwall says that Edmund will find a better what with Cornwall than with Gloucester?
6. How does Goneril die?
(a) Edmund kills her.
(b) Regan poisons her.
(c) By suicide.
(d) A servant stabs her.
7. Cordelia says that France is not fighting the English with which motivation?
8. Who kills Oswald?
9. After hearing the news of Cornwall's death, Albany vows to take revenge for what act of Cornwall's?
(a) Not keeping Goneril at Cornwall.
(b) The escape of the King.
(c) The blinding of Gloucester.
(d) Not keeping the women out of the plans.
10. When Gloucester is brought in and tied up, he asks Regan, Goneril, and Cornwall to not mistreat him because why?
(a) Because he helped their father.
(b) Because they are his guests.
(c) Because they are related to him.
(d) Because they are human.
11. What is Edmund's response to Regan when she asks him if he slept with Goneril?
(c) He ignores her.
(d) He agrees.
12. Edmund fakes feeling what about turning in his father?
(c) Emotional conflict
13. Since she is widowed, Regan expects Edmund to do what?
(a) Marry her.
(b) Court her.
(c) Seduce her.
(d) Leave her.
14. Edmund tells a captain to kill Cordelia and make it look like what?
(a) An accident.
(c) Regan did it.
(d) Her father did it.
15. Edmund promises not to allow Albany to have mercy on whom after the battle?
(a) Lear and Edgar.
(b) Lear and Cordelia.
(c) Gloucester and Edgar.
(d) Cordelia and Goneril.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Goneril that she is becoming a monster and only her shape as a woman protects her?
2. The stage directions have the battle between the English and the French taking place where?
3. Who brings Cordelia the news that the British armies are marching towards them?
4. Albany comes to the British encampment and says that the King is with Cordelia where?
5. When told of the death of Cornwall, Albany says the death was what?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)