|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is leading a blind Gloucester into the heath?
(a) A poor man.
(b) An old man.
(c) A sad man.
(d) A mad man.
2. Where does Act 4, Scene 3 take place?
(a) At the French encampment.
(b) In a forest.
(c) Outside the French encampment.
(d) In a town.
3. Who tells Gloucester that Edmund betrayed him?
4. When Gloucester is told that he is climbing a cliff, what does he complain about not hearing?
(b) A river.
(c) The wind.
(d) The sea.
5. Where do Lear, The Fool, Kent, and Gloucester go when they leave the farmhouse?
(a) To see a doctor.
(b) To Cordelia.
6. Where does the battle take place?
(a) On a field between the two camps.
(b) On a field by the French encampment.
(c) On a field behind the English encampment.
(d) In Dover.
7. Edgar is left alone at the farmhouse and hopes that the King will be able to do what?
(a) Live a long life.
(c) Get justice on his daughters.
(d) Get his lands back.
8. When Gloucester is brought in and tied up, he asks Regan, Goneril, and Cornwall to not mistreat him because why?
(a) Because they are his guests.
(b) Because he helped their father.
(c) Because they are related to him.
(d) Because they are human.
9. Edgar tells Gloucester that the person who led Gloucester to the edge of the cliff looked like a what?
10. Edgar, in his disguise as Poor Tom, agrees to lead Gloucester to the cliffs at which place?
11. Cornwall says that Edmund will find a better what with Cornwall than with Gloucester?
12. When Oswald leaves Goneril and Albany and returns to Regan at Cornwall, what does he carry from Goneril to Edmund?
(a) A letter.
(b) A flower.
(c) A sword.
(d) A message.
13. Who brings Cornwall the news that Gloucester has taken the King to Dover?
(c) A spy.
(d) A gentleman.
14. What does the doctor prescribe to help cure Lear's madness?
(a) Nothing can cure madness.
(b) Herbs and walking.
(c) Cold water baths.
(d) Sleep and rest.
15. Regan promises a promotion to Oswald if he finds and kills who?
Short Answer Questions
1. Cordelia says that France is not fighting the English with which motivation?
2. Who loses the battle according to the news Edgar brings?
3. Who makes Lear sleep while they are in the farmhouse?
4. What has to happen in order for Edgar to be reunited with his father?
5. When told of the death of Cornwall, Albany says the death was what?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)