|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gloucester greets the news of the English taking prisoners with what thoughts?
(a) Thoughts of hopelessness.
(b) Thoughts of suicide.
(c) Thoughts of rescue.
(d) Thoughts of sadness.
2. Cornwall says that Edmund will find a better what with Cornwall than with Gloucester?
3. What has to happen in order for Edgar to be reunited with his father?
(a) Edgar has to not be mad.
(b) Edgar must repent of his actions.
(c) Edgar has to find his father.
(d) Edgar's innocence has to be proven.
4. Edmund tells a captain to kill Cordelia and make it look like what?
(a) Her father did it.
(b) An accident.
(c) Regan did it.
5. People who see Gloucester's crippled condition are turning against whom?
(a) Regan and Albany.
(b) Albany and Edmund.
(c) Regan and Edmund.
(d) Edmund and Goneril.
6. Cordelia has what quality that her sisters lack?
7. What does Edgar give Albany in the British encampment?
(a) A letter from Goneril to Edgar.
(b) A letter from Goneril to Cornwall.
(c) A letter from Goneril to the King of France.
(d) A letter from Goneril to Edmund.
8. Edmund promises not to allow Albany to have mercy on whom after the battle?
(a) Gloucester and Edgar.
(b) Lear and Edgar.
(c) Cordelia and Goneril.
(d) Lear and Cordelia.
9. Who loses the battle according to the news Edgar brings?
(a) The French.
10. Regan complains about not feeling well while fighting with whom about Edmund?
(d) Her father.
11. Where does Act 4, Scene 3 take place?
(a) In a town.
(b) Outside the French encampment.
(c) In a forest.
(d) At the French encampment.
12. Who tells Gloucester that Edmund betrayed him?
13. Regan suspects that Goneril and Edmund are doing what?
(a) Plotting against her.
(b) Going to kill Albany and get married.
(c) Plotting against Albany.
(d) Having an affair.
14. Who kills Oswald?
15. Albany comes to the British encampment and says that the King is with Cordelia where?
(a) In the town.
(b) At the castle.
(c) In the nearby forest.
(d) In the French encampment.
Short Answer Questions
1. The man who leads the blind Earl of Gloucester into the heath claims what relationship to the Earl?
2. Who poisoned Regan?
3. How does Goneril die?
4. Who gives Edmund the office of Earl of Gloucester?
5. What emotion does Edgar feel when he sees that his father is blind?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)