|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Act 4, Scene 3 take place?
(a) In a forest.
(b) In a town.
(c) At the French encampment.
(d) Outside the French encampment.
2. When the King of France leaves the French encampment, who does he leave in charge?
(a) The Marshal of France.
(b) The Prince of France.
3. Edmund promises not to allow Albany to have mercy on whom after the battle?
(a) Lear and Edgar.
(b) Cordelia and Goneril.
(c) Gloucester and Edgar.
(d) Lear and Cordelia.
4. What does Edgar give Albany in the British encampment?
(a) A letter from Goneril to the King of France.
(b) A letter from Goneril to Edmund.
(c) A letter from Goneril to Cornwall.
(d) A letter from Goneril to Edgar.
5. Who gives Edmund the office of Earl of Gloucester?
(a) Goneril and Regan.
(b) The Duke of Burgundy.
(c) The Duke of Cornwall.
(d) The Duke of Albany.
6. Kent wonders how such different daughters can come from the same what?
7. When Goneril and Edmund travel to Albany's palace, what happens between them?
(a) They fall in love.
(b) They hate each other.
(c) They become friends.
(d) They have an affair.
8. Who brings Cornwall the news that Gloucester has taken the King to Dover?
(a) A spy.
(d) A gentleman.
9. When Gloucester is brought in and tied up, he asks Regan, Goneril, and Cornwall to not mistreat him because why?
(a) Because he helped their father.
(b) Because they are related to him.
(c) Because they are his guests.
(d) Because they are human.
10. Who is leading a blind Gloucester into the heath?
(a) A mad man.
(b) A poor man.
(c) A sad man.
(d) An old man.
11. Who brings Cordelia the news that the British armies are marching towards them?
(a) A messenger.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A gentleman.
(d) An officer.
12. Regan thinks that Gloucester should suffer what punishment?
(a) The stocks.
13. Cordelia prays that Lear will recover from what?
(a) His madness.
(b) His depression.
(c) His suicidal tendancy.
(d) His regrets.
14. Regan suspects that Goneril and Edmund are doing what?
(a) Plotting against Albany.
(b) Plotting against her.
(c) Going to kill Albany and get married.
(d) Having an affair.
15. Who confirms the death of Cornwall to Cordelia and the doctor?
Short Answer Questions
1. Regan complains about not feeling well while fighting with whom about Edmund?
2. The stage directions have the battle between the English and the French taking place where?
3. Lear says that wickedness is only punished in the poor and that wickedness isn't punished in the rich because they are protected by what?
4. When told of the death of Cornwall, Albany says the death was what?
5. Who kills Oswald?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)