|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Albany arrests who for treason?
(a) Goneril and Regan.
(b) Goneril and Edmund.
(d) Regan and Edmund.
2. Edgar is left alone at the farmhouse and hopes that the King will be able to do what?
(a) Get his lands back.
(b) Get justice on his daughters.
(c) Live a long life.
3. Edmund promises not to allow Albany to have mercy on whom after the battle?
(a) Gloucester and Edgar.
(b) Lear and Edgar.
(c) Cordelia and Goneril.
(d) Lear and Cordelia.
4. Edmund tells a captain to kill Cordelia and make it look like what?
(a) An accident.
(c) Regan did it.
(d) Her father did it.
5. When told of the death of Cornwall, Albany says the death was what?
6. Edmund laments promising himself to both sisters and figures out that the only way he is going to enjoy one of them is for what to happen?
(a) If the sisters move farther apart.
(b) Goneril stays married to Albany.
(c) One of the sisters to die.
(d) He says he can enjoy them both if he is crafty.
7. On the battlefield, Edgar sets Gloucester by a tree and tells him to pray for what?
(a) That the English win and Lear is restored to his throne.
(b) That the French will win and Lear will be victorious.
(c) That the right side will be victorious.
(d) That his sons will survive the fight.
8. Why did the King of France leave the French encampment and return to France?
(a) He didn't want to see King Lear.
(b) So he wouldn't have to fight.
(c) Because his life was in danger.
(d) There was important business to take care of in France.
9. Who tells Gloucester that Edmund betrayed him?
10. Who loses the battle according to the news Edgar brings?
(c) The French.
11. Who makes Lear sleep while they are in the farmhouse?
(d) The Fool.
12. Regan promises a promotion to Oswald if he finds and kills who?
13. Where does the battle take place?
(a) In Dover.
(b) On a field between the two camps.
(c) On a field behind the English encampment.
(d) On a field by the French encampment.
14. When the King recognizes Cordelia, this is seen as a sign of what?
(a) His recovery from the flu.
(b) His recovery from exposure.
(c) His recovery from sickness.
(d) His recovery from madness.
15. Regan thinks that Gloucester should suffer what punishment?
(b) The stocks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cornwall says that Gloucester's villainy may be the cause of who's villainy?
2. Cordelia has what quality that her sisters lack?
3. Where do Lear, The Fool, Kent, and Gloucester go when they leave the farmhouse?
4. When Gloucester is told that he is climbing a cliff, what does he complain about not hearing?
5. Edmund fakes feeling what about turning in his father?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)