|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Kent of a plot against the King?
(b) A gentleman.
(c) His dreams.
(d) The stars.
2. On the battlefield, Edgar sets Gloucester by a tree and tells him to pray for what?
(a) That the right side will be victorious.
(b) That his sons will survive the fight.
(c) That the French will win and Lear will be victorious.
(d) That the English win and Lear is restored to his throne.
3. Goneril thinks that Gloucester should suffer what punishment?
(a) He should be drawn and quartered.
(b) His skin should be removed.
(c) His eyes should be plucked out.
(d) His hands should be cut off.
4. When Oswald leaves Goneril and Albany and returns to Regan at Cornwall, what does he carry from Goneril to Edmund?
(a) A sword.
(b) A flower.
(c) A message.
(d) A letter.
5. After Cornwall's death, who leads his army?
(a) The Marshal of Cornwall.
6. Gloucester tries to commit suicide by doing what?
(a) Hanging himself.
(b) Stabbing himself.
(c) Jumping off a cliff.
(d) Lighting himself on fire.
7. Who loses the battle according to the news Edgar brings?
(c) The French.
8. Kent wonders how such different daughters can come from the same what?
9. Why did the King of France leave the French encampment and return to France?
(a) So he wouldn't have to fight.
(b) He didn't want to see King Lear.
(c) There was important business to take care of in France.
(d) Because his life was in danger.
10. Edgar is left alone at the farmhouse and hopes that the King will be able to do what?
(a) Get his lands back.
(b) Live a long life.
(c) Get justice on his daughters.
11. Who states that Goneril is a better soldier than Albany?
(b) A soldier.
12. What does the doctor prescribe to help cure Lear's madness?
(a) Sleep and rest.
(b) Cold water baths.
(c) Herbs and walking.
(d) Nothing can cure madness.
13. What emotion does Edgar feel when he sees that his father is blind?
14. What has to happen in order for Edgar to be reunited with his father?
(a) Edgar's innocence has to be proven.
(b) Edgar must repent of his actions.
(c) Edgar has to not be mad.
(d) Edgar has to find his father.
15. What is Edmund's response to Regan when she asks him if he slept with Goneril?
(c) He agrees.
(d) He ignores her.
Short Answer Questions
1. The British armies are encamped near what city?
2. Cordelia says that France is not fighting the English with which motivation?
3. When the King of France leaves the French encampment, who does he leave in charge?
4. Cornwall says that Edmund will find a better what with Cornwall than with Gloucester?
5. The man who leads the blind Earl of Gloucester into the heath claims what relationship to the Earl?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)