|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is Gloucester loyal?
(a) Duke of Cornwall.
(b) The King.
(d) Duke of Albany.
2. Who does Lear say should feel obligation to him?
(a) His servants.
(b) His daughters.
(c) His kingdom.
(d) His son-in-laws.
3. Oswald and Kent meet in front of what structure?
(a) Gloucester's stable.
(b) Albany's castle.
(c) Gloucester's castle.
(d) Albany's stable.
4. Edmund is going to betray Gloucester to whom?
(a) The Duke.
(b) The King.
(c) The knights.
(d) The Earl.
5. What did Oswald's letter from Goneril cause Regan and Cornwall to do?
(a) Immediately depart.
(b) Stay and clean.
(c) Go hunting for food.
(d) Leave for the King's castle.
6. Lear says that the weather is not unkind in its actions of a storm because why?
(a) It simply acts as nature will.
(b) It doesn't need any man to be a storm.
(c) It has reason to be stormy.
(d) It has no reason to be obligated to him.
7. While Lear is in the storm, who is his only companion?
(a) The Fool.
(d) No one.
8. Where is King Lear going to go when he leaves Goneril's house?
(b) His summer home.
(c) Regan's house.
(d) His palace.
9. In the first scene, an attendant is carrying a small crown meant for whom?
(d) The Queen.
10. Instead of referring to the King by his title, what does Oswald call the king?
(a) My lady's relation.
(b) My lady's burden.
(c) My lady's father.
(d) My lady's responsibility.
11. To aide in his disguise, what does Edgar do for clothing?
(a) Uses old rags.
(b) Uses only a blanket.
(c) Uses his old, torn clothing.
(d) Doesn't wear anything.
12. What are the rumors that Curan tells Edmund?
(a) Rumors of war between Lear and the Duke of Albany.
(b) Rumors of war between Lear and Burgundy.
(c) Rumors of war between Fance and England.
(d) Rumors of war between the Duke of Cornwall and the Duke of Albany.
13. Why does Edmund want his legitimate brother disinherited?
(a) So that Edmund can live as a nobleman.
(b) So that Edmund can sell off all the land.
(c) So that Edmund can inherit everything.
(d) So that Edmund can have all their father's attention.
14. Edmund cuts his arm with what weapon after he and Edgar pretend to fight?
(a) A knife.
(b) An arrow.
(c) A sword.
(d) A dagger.
15. Instead of calling Edgar mad, Lear gives him what title?
(d) Wise man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Goneril's goal is to have King Lear go and stay with whom, rather than stay at her house?
2. Who says, "Here's a night pities neither wise man nor fool"?
3. How does Edmund characterize the belief that people having in the stars and planets ruling their lives?
4. Goneril and Cornwall order Gloucester to do what if Lear returns to the castle?
5. Edmund is going to betray Gloucester in order to do what?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)