|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. King Lear is trying to find his fool who has been missing for how long?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Two days.
(d) Three days.
2. How many daughters does King Lear have?
3. Edgar hides in what location to escape his pursuers?
(a) In tree branches.
(b) An abandoned shack.
(c) Under a bush.
(d) A hollow of a tree.
4. What is the name of Edmund's legitimate brother?
5. In Act I, Scene 3, what are the names of the characters who speak?
(a) King Lear and Oswald.
(b) Goneril, Oswald, and King Lear.
(c) King Lear and Goneril.
(d) Goneril and Oswald.
6. While King Lear is staying with Goneril, she complains that his knights are doing what?
(a) Interfering with her household.
(b) Causing problems with the children.
(c) Eating too much food.
(d) Taking up too much space.
7. Who carries a torch and finds the King and company in the forest?
8. To aide in his disguise, what does Edgar do to his hair?
(a) He rubs mud in it.
(b) He knots it.
(c) He cuts it.
(d) He shaves it all off.
9. By what title does Oswald refer to Goneril as in Act I, Scene 3?
10. Where does Act I, Scene 3 take place?
(a) The Duke of Albany's palace.
(b) The Duke of Burgundy's palace.
(c) Goneril's summer home.
(d) The King's palace.
11. Edmund is going to betray Gloucester in order to do what?
(a) Be selfish.
(b) Get Gloucester's land.
(c) Get married to Cordelia.
(d) Gain more for himself.
12. Why does Edmund want his legitimate brother disinherited?
(a) So that Edmund can have all their father's attention.
(b) So that Edmund can live as a nobleman.
(c) So that Edmund can inherit everything.
(d) So that Edmund can sell off all the land.
13. What sound precedes the King's entrance into a scene?
(a) A herald's announcement.
14. Gloucester, when mentioning the effect of the stars and planets on relationships, says that these effects have caused King Lear to do what to Cordelia?
(a) Marry her to someone she doesn't like.
(b) Love her.
(c) Turn against her.
(d) Send her away.
15. Which man marries Cordelia even though she doesn't have a dowry?
(a) The King of France.
(b) No one.
(c) The Lord of Burgundy.
(d) The Earl of Gloucester.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kent repeatedly calls Oswald by what name?
2. Which character does the line "when old fools are babes again" refer to?
3. What event caused the Fool to pine away?
4. Oswald and Kent meet in front of what structure?
5. Kent comes to King Lear in disguise and offers his services in what position?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)