|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much love does Cordelia say she will give her husband?
(a) Half her love.
(b) None of her love.
(c) All her love.
(d) Some of her love.
2. How many of King Lear's daughters are married?
3. To aide in his disguise, what does Edgar cover his face with?
4. Who is the protagonist in the play?
(b) Duke of Cornwall.
(d) King Lear.
5. What is the name of the person who stands up for Cordelia when her father disinherits her?
6. Edmund is going to betray Gloucester in order to do what?
(a) Gain more for himself.
(b) Get married to Cordelia.
(c) Get Gloucester's land.
(d) Be selfish.
7. How many suitors does Cordelia have when the King tells them that she will have no dowry?
8. Which man marries Cordelia even though she doesn't have a dowry?
(a) The Lord of Burgundy.
(b) The Earl of Gloucester.
(c) No one.
(d) The King of France.
9. Who calls the hovel haunted?
(a) The King.
(d) The Fool.
10. Lear says that the weather is not unkind in its actions of a storm because why?
(a) It simply acts as nature will.
(b) It has reason to be stormy.
(c) It has no reason to be obligated to him.
(d) It doesn't need any man to be a storm.
11. While King Lear is staying with Goneril, she complains that his knights are doing what?
(a) Taking up too much space.
(b) Eating too much food.
(c) Causing problems with the children.
(d) Interfering with her household.
12. Edmund tells his brother that he fears someone has turned Gloucester against him and then tells his brother to do what?
(a) Leave quickly.
(b) Issue a challenge.
(c) Find out who the informant is.
(d) Arm himself.
13. What sound precedes the King's entrance into a scene?
(d) A herald's announcement.
14. Edgar hides in what location to escape his pursuers?
(a) An abandoned shack.
(b) Under a bush.
(c) In tree branches.
(d) A hollow of a tree.
15. What event caused the Fool to pine away?
(a) Cordelia not professing her love for the King.
(b) The King leaving his palace.
(c) Cordelia leaving for France.
(d) The King going to Goneril's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Edmund's father?
2. Where does Act 3, Scene 3 take place?
3. When Edmund tells his brother that his father is horribly angry with him, what does Edmund advise his brother to do?
4. Which character does the line "when old fools are babes again" refer to?
5. Who are the three speakers in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)