|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gloucester blames the effects of what for affecting relationships?
(a) The eclipses.
(b) The planets.
(c) The moon.
(d) The stars.
2. When Edmund tells his brother that his father is horribly angry with him, what does Edmund advise his brother to do?
(a) Go and talk to Gloucester to cool him off.
(b) Leave England until Gloucester cools off.
(c) Write a letter to Gloucester to explain things.
(d) Stay away from Gloucester until he cools off.
3. Who says, "I am a man / More sinned against than sinning" ?
(c) The Fool.
4. What punishment will King Lear give to the Fool for lying?
(a) A caning.
(c) A whipping.
(d) Dismissal as Fool.
5. Oswald and Kent meet in front of what structure?
(a) Gloucester's stable.
(b) Gloucester's castle.
(c) Albany's stable.
(d) Albany's castle.
6. Where does Act 1, Scene 5 take place?
(a) In the upstairs of the Duke of Albany's palace.
(b) In the hall of the Duke of Albany's palace.
(c) In the stable of the Duke of Albany's palace.
(d) In the court before the Duke of Albany's palace.
7. When King Lear announces that he is retiring, what does he want to do with his lands?
(a) Choose one of his daughters to be Queen.
(b) Divide them equally amongst his daughters.
(c) Give them equally to his son-in-laws.
(d) Reward his youngest daughter with the lands.
8. Who are the three speakers in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Edgar Curan, and Gloucester.
(b) Edmund Curan, and Gloucester.
(c) Gloucester, Edgar, and Edmund.
(d) Edmund, Curan, and Edgar.
9. Gloucester, when mentioning the effect of the stars and planets on relationships, says that these effects have caused King Lear to do what to Cordelia?
(a) Marry her to someone she doesn't like.
(b) Love her.
(c) Turn against her.
(d) Send her away.
10. Who is Edmund's father?
(a) King Lear.
11. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
(a) Albany's castle.
(b) Gloucester's castle.
(c) Goneril's castle.
(d) Lear's castle.
12. Kent repeatedly calls Oswald by what name?
13. While Lear is in the storm, who is his only companion?
(b) No one.
(d) The Fool.
14. The gentleman on the hearth tells Kent that Lear is doing what in the storm?
15. Regan and Goneril tell Lear that he is what type of a man?
Short Answer Questions
1. Gloucester tells Edmund there has been a falling out between which two dukes?
2. Edmund is going to betray Gloucester in order to do what?
3. King Lear has brought how many servants and knights to stay with Goneril?
4. While King Lear is staying with Goneril, how does she command her servants to treat the King and his people?
5. Where does Act I, Scene 3 take place?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)