|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the person who stands up for Cordelia when her father disinherits her?
2. Kent tells the gentleman of a coming conflict between Albany and Cornwall and asks the gentleman to take the report to where?
3. How many suitors does Cordelia have when the King tells them that she will have no dowry?
4. While King Lear is staying with Goneril, how does she command her servants to treat the King and his people?
(d) Like royalty.
5. What are the rumors that Curan tells Edmund?
(a) Rumors of war between Fance and England.
(b) Rumors of war between Lear and the Duke of Albany.
(c) Rumors of war between Lear and Burgundy.
(d) Rumors of war between the Duke of Cornwall and the Duke of Albany.
6. Gloucester orders Edgar captured and killed because Gloucester thinks Edgar did what to Edmund?
(a) Gloucester thinks Edgar stabbed Edmund.
(b) Gloucester thinks Edgar killed Edmund.
(c) Gloucester thinks Edgar betrayed Edmund.
(d) Gloucester thinks Edgar hurt Edmund.
7. Before leaving Goneril's house, what does the Fool warn King Lear about?
(a) Not treating people better.
(b) Not to leave Goneril's in haste.
(c) To not let Goneril be mad at him.
(d) Not to expect better treatment by his other daughter.
8. Instead of calling Edgar mad, Lear gives him what title?
(a) Wise man.
9. Why does Edmund want his legitimate brother disinherited?
(a) So that Edmund can inherit everything.
(b) So that Edmund can have all their father's attention.
(c) So that Edmund can live as a nobleman.
(d) So that Edmund can sell off all the land.
10. How does Edmund characterize the belief that people having in the stars and planets ruling their lives?
(a) As genuine.
(b) As preposterous.
(c) As truth.
(d) As superstitious.
11. How many daughters does King Lear have?
12. Cornwall and Regan administer what punishment to Kent?
(a) They put him in the stocks.
(b) They hang him.
(c) They whip him.
(d) They beat him.
13. How much love does Cordelia say she will give her husband?
(a) Half her love.
(b) None of her love.
(c) All her love.
(d) Some of her love.
14. Edgar hides in what location to escape his pursuers?
(a) In tree branches.
(b) An abandoned shack.
(c) A hollow of a tree.
(d) Under a bush.
15. What punishment will King Lear give to the Fool for lying?
(a) Dismissal as Fool.
(b) A caning.
(d) A whipping.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Edmund's legitimate brother?
2. To whom is Gloucester loyal?
3. Who carries a torch and finds the King and company in the forest?
4. Lear states that Edgar is the natural man, after his ravings, because of what?
5. Curan holds what position in society?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)