|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Kent warns the gentleman of the coming conflict between Albany and Cornwall, what are the spies of France doing?
(a) Sowing discord.
(c) Gathering information.
(d) Causing trouble.
2. In Act I, Scene 3, what are the names of the characters who speak?
(a) Goneril, Oswald, and King Lear.
(b) King Lear and Oswald.
(c) Goneril and Oswald.
(d) King Lear and Goneril.
3. Who are the three speakers in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Gloucester, Edgar, and Edmund.
(b) Edmund Curan, and Gloucester.
(c) Edgar Curan, and Gloucester.
(d) Edmund, Curan, and Edgar.
4. Lear refuses to leave the storm and go to safety without whom?
(a) The Fool.
5. If Edmund cannot get his brother disinherited, how much of his father's inheritance will Edmund inherit?
6. What does Oswald say after Kent draws his sword?
(a) Help, ho! Leave me be!
(b) Help, ho! My life be spared!
(c) Help, ho! Murderer, Murderer!
(d) Help, ho! Sword is drawn!
7. When Kent says: "but you have that in your countenance which I would fain call master," what quality is he referring to?
8. According to Goneril, while King Lear is staying with her, how often does King Lear wrong her?
(a) Day and night and every hour.
(b) At mealtimes with his demands.
(c) During the day with the demands of his followers.
(d) At least once an hour.
9. Who says: "Thou shouldst not have been old till thou hadst been wise"
(b) King Lear.
(d) The Fool.
10. To aide in his disguise, what does Edgar do for clothing?
(a) Uses only a blanket.
(b) Uses old rags.
(c) Uses his old, torn clothing.
(d) Doesn't wear anything.
11. Who is Gloucester's illegitimate son?
12. To aide in his disguise, what does Edgar cover his face with?
13. Who is Goneril's husband?
(a) The Duke of France.
(b) The Duke of Kent.
(c) The Duke of Albany.
(d) The Duke of Burgundy.
14. How many of King Lear's daughters are married?
15. When King Lear announces that he is retiring, what does he want to do with his lands?
(a) Reward his youngest daughter with the lands.
(b) Divide them equally amongst his daughters.
(c) Give them equally to his son-in-laws.
(d) Choose one of his daughters to be Queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Edmund is going to betray Gloucester to whom?
2. What is the name Edgar uses in place of his own?
3. What are the rumors that Curan tells Edmund?
4. Kent tells the gentleman of a coming conflict between Albany and Cornwall and asks the gentleman to take the report to where?
5. How many daughters does King Lear have?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)