|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What room in the house does Act I, Scene 4 take place?
(a) The hall.
(b) The dining room.
(c) The ballroom.
(d) The entrance.
2. King Lear is trying to find his fool who has been missing for how long?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Three days.
(d) Two days.
3. While King Lear is staying with Goneril, how does she command her servants to treat the King and his people?
(d) Like royalty.
4. The paper Edmund has, which he is going to show to Gloucester as proof of his brother's treachery, says that the older generation should do what with their riches?
(a) Give them to the poor.
(b) Use them to benefit their children.
(c) Give them to the younger men.
(d) Hold onto them.
5. What punishment will King Lear give to the Fool for lying?
(a) Dismissal as Fool.
(b) A whipping.
(c) A caning.
6. When Lear sees Kent in the stocks, he asks Kent what question?
(a) He asks if Kent hurt anyone.
(b) He asks if Kent is amusing himself.
(c) He asks if Kent likes being in the stocks.
(d) He asks if Kent has slept.
7. In order to escape detection, Edgar decides to disguise himself as what?
(a) A servant.
(b) A madman.
(c) A farmer.
(d) A carpenter.
8. Oswald is what relation to Goneril?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her steward.
(d) Her husband.
9. Kent tells the gentleman of a coming conflict between Albany and Cornwall and asks the gentleman to take the report to where?
10. How does Edmund characterize the belief that people having in the stars and planets ruling their lives?
(a) As genuine.
(b) As truth.
(c) As superstitious.
(d) As preposterous.
11. Lear says the anguish of the storm distracts him from what?
(a) The hearbreak of making bad choices.
(b) The heartbreak of his daughters' treachery.
(c) The heartbreak of losing Cordelia.
(d) The heartbreak of losing his kingdom.
12. Who says: "Thou shouldst not have been old till thou hadst been wise"
(a) The Fool.
(c) King Lear.
13. While King Lear is staying with Goneril, she complains that his knights are doing what?
(a) Taking up too much space.
(b) Causing problems with the children.
(c) Interfering with her household.
(d) Eating too much food.
14. During the first scene of Act 3, what are the armies of France ready to do?
(a) Invade England.
(b) Support Albany.
(c) Support Lear.
(d) Protect France.
15. After Lear laments his ungrateful daughters, what begins?
(a) A hurricane.
(b) A storm.
(d) An earthquake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the rumors that Curan tells Edmund?
2. To aide in his disguise, what does Edgar cover his face with?
3. Who does Kent ask to "turn thy wheel"?
4. What is the name of Edmund's legitimate brother?
5. Who carries a torch and finds the King and company in the forest?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)