|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Edmund characterize the belief that people having in the stars and planets ruling their lives?
(a) As truth.
(b) As genuine.
(c) As superstitious.
(d) As preposterous.
2. What does Edmund have that is supposedly from his brother?
(a) A book.
(b) A seal.
(c) A letter.
(d) A ring.
3. Lear says that the weather is not unkind in its actions of a storm because why?
(a) It has reason to be stormy.
(b) It has no reason to be obligated to him.
(c) It simply acts as nature will.
(d) It doesn't need any man to be a storm.
4. Lear refuses to leave the storm and go to safety without whom?
(a) The Fool.
5. Goneril and Regan believe that the King's banishment of the man who defended Cordelia against being disinherited was what?
6. What is the name of the person who stands up for Cordelia when her father disinherits her?
7. When Lear sees Kent in the stocks, he asks Kent what question?
(a) He asks if Kent has slept.
(b) He asks if Kent likes being in the stocks.
(c) He asks if Kent is amusing himself.
(d) He asks if Kent hurt anyone.
8. How much love does Cordelia say she will give her husband?
(a) None of her love.
(b) Some of her love.
(c) All her love.
(d) Half her love.
9. How many daughters does King Lear have?
10. Before leaving Goneril's house, what does the Fool warn King Lear about?
(a) Not to leave Goneril's in haste.
(b) Not treating people better.
(c) To not let Goneril be mad at him.
(d) Not to expect better treatment by his other daughter.
11. To aide in his disguise, what does Edgar do to his hair?
(a) He knots it.
(b) He rubs mud in it.
(c) He shaves it all off.
(d) He cuts it.
12. Who says: "Thou shouldst not have been old till thou hadst been wise"
(b) King Lear.
(d) The Fool.
13. Which character does the line "when old fools are babes again" refer to?
(a) King of France.
(b) The Fool.
(c) Duke of Albany.
(d) King Lear.
14. What did Goneril's gentleman do that causes King Lear to strike him?
(a) Chiding the Fool.
(b) Entering a building before the King.
(c) Refusing one of the knight's requests.
(d) Chiding the King.
15. To whom is Gloucester loyal?
(a) The King.
(c) Duke of Cornwall.
(d) Duke of Albany.
Short Answer Questions
1. Edmund cuts his arm with what weapon after he and Edgar pretend to fight?
2. What sound precedes the King's entrance into a scene?
3. What room in the house does Act I, Scene 4 take place?
4. Who does Kent ask to "turn thy wheel"?
5. What are the rumors that Curan tells Edmund?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)