|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Goneril's goal is to have King Lear go and stay with whom, rather than stay at her house?
(a) Her brother's house.
(b) His palace.
(c) His summer palace.
(d) Her sister's house.
2. Lear refuses to leave the storm and go to safety without whom?
(c) The Fool.
3. Who says, "Here's a night pities neither wise man nor fool"?
(a) The King.
(c) The Fool.
4. What is the name of the person who stands up for Cordelia when her father disinherits her?
5. What punishment will King Lear give to the Fool for lying?
(a) A whipping.
(b) Dismissal as Fool.
(d) A caning.
6. Who is Gloucester's illegitimate son?
7. How much love does Cordelia say she will give her husband?
(a) None of her love.
(b) All her love.
(c) Some of her love.
(d) Half her love.
8. Who is Edmund's father?
(b) King Lear.
9. Regan and Goneril tell Lear that he is what type of a man?
10. Which character does the line "when old fools are babes again" refer to?
(a) King Lear.
(b) The Fool.
(c) King of France.
(d) Duke of Albany.
11. Edmund tells his brother that he fears someone has turned Gloucester against him and then tells his brother to do what?
(a) Issue a challenge.
(b) Leave quickly.
(c) Find out who the informant is.
(d) Arm himself.
12. Who is the protagonist in the play?
(a) Duke of Cornwall.
(d) King Lear.
13. Who does Kent ask to "turn thy wheel"?
(b) The sun.
14. What is the name Edgar uses in place of his own?
(a) Poor Tom.
(b) Poor Thomas.
(c) Poor Man.
(d) Poor Kent.
15. What does Kent give to the gentleman to show Cordelia?
(a) His seal.
(b) A ring.
(c) A letter.
(d) A necklace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Oswald and Kent meet in front of what structure?
2. After Lear laments his ungrateful daughters, what begins?
3. Gloucester blames the effects of what for affecting relationships?
4. Goneril and Cornwall order Gloucester to do what if Lear returns to the castle?
5. When Edmund tells his brother that his father is horribly angry with him, what does Edmund advise his brother to do?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)