|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Act 3, Scene 3 take place?
(a) Gloucester's stable.
(b) Gloucester's castle.
(c) Gloucester's courtyard.
(d) Gloucester's hall.
2. What is the name of Edmund's legitimate brother?
3. While King Lear is staying with Goneril, how does she command her servants to treat the King and his people?
(a) Like royalty.
4. When Cordelia refuses to profess her undying love for her father (the King), what does her father do?
(a) Her father takes back the jewels.
(b) Her father hits her.
(c) Her father yells at her.
(d) Her father disowns her.
5. Gloucester tells Edmund to say what if someone asks about Gloucester?
(a) That Gloucester is sick.
(b) That Gloucester is not home.
(c) That Gloucester is away.
(d) That Gloucester is out of town.
6. When Lear bemoans his treatment at Goneril's house, what does Regan say?
(a) Regan defends Goneril.
(b) Regan says that she will be different.
(c) Regan doesn't say anything.
(d) Regan agrees with Lear.
7. What sound precedes the King's entrance into a scene?
(d) A herald's announcement.
8. Gloucester, when mentioning the effect of the stars and planets on relationships, says that these effects have caused King Lear to do what to Cordelia?
(a) Love her.
(b) Turn against her.
(c) Send her away.
(d) Marry her to someone she doesn't like.
9. Why does Edmund want his legitimate brother disinherited?
(a) So that Edmund can sell off all the land.
(b) So that Edmund can have all their father's attention.
(c) So that Edmund can live as a nobleman.
(d) So that Edmund can inherit everything.
10. What do Regan and Goneril believe is affecting the King's mind?
(d) Old age.
11. Before leaving Goneril's house, what does the Fool warn King Lear about?
(a) Not to expect better treatment by his other daughter.
(b) Not treating people better.
(c) To not let Goneril be mad at him.
(d) Not to leave Goneril's in haste.
12. Who says: "How sharper than a serpent's tooth it is / To have a thankless child"
(b) King Lear.
(c) The Duke of Burgundy.
(d) The Fool.
13. By what title does Oswald refer to Goneril as in Act I, Scene 3?
14. Lear refuses to leave the storm and go to safety without whom?
(d) The Fool.
15. Who are the three speakers in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Gloucester, Edgar, and Edmund.
(b) Edmund, Curan, and Edgar.
(c) Edmund Curan, and Gloucester.
(d) Edgar Curan, and Gloucester.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lear says that the weather is not unkind in its actions of a storm because why?
2. How many daughters does King Lear have?
3. In the first scene, an attendant is carrying a small crown meant for whom?
4. Who protests punishing Kent without the King's consent?
5. What is Edmund going to do in order to assure Gloucester that his brother's intent isn't to hurt Gloucester?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)