|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Curan holds what position in society?
2. Before leaving Goneril's house, what does the Fool warn King Lear about?
(a) Not to expect better treatment by his other daughter.
(b) Not to leave Goneril's in haste.
(c) To not let Goneril be mad at him.
(d) Not treating people better.
3. Who carries a torch and finds the King and company in the forest?
4. Which man marries Cordelia even though she doesn't have a dowry?
(a) The Lord of Burgundy.
(b) The Earl of Gloucester.
(c) The King of France.
(d) No one.
5. Lear states that Edgar is the natural man, after his ravings, because of what?
(a) Edgar owes nobody anything.
(b) Edgar is letting his own mind run free.
(c) Edgar is mad.
(d) Edgar is unburdened by heartache.
6. What is the name of Edmund's legitimate brother?
7. Who says, "Here's a night pities neither wise man nor fool"?
(c) The Fool.
(d) The King.
8. Kent points out that there is a hovel nearby and asks the King to do what?
(a) Take shelter in it.
(b) Sit by the fire in it.
(c) Clean it.
(d) Go dry out in it.
9. Who delivers King Lear's letter to his other daughter, while the King is at Goneril's?
(b) A knight.
(d) The Fool.
10. Who is the protagonist in the play?
(a) King Lear.
(d) Duke of Cornwall.
11. What is the name of the person who stands up for Cordelia when her father disinherits her?
12. Who calls the hovel haunted?
(b) The King.
(d) The Fool.
13. Who does Kent ask to "turn thy wheel"?
(c) The sun.
14. Kent comes to King Lear in disguise and offers his services in what position?
(a) An advisor.
(b) A nobleman.
(c) A servant.
(d) A fighter.
15. Oswald is what relation to Goneril?
(a) Her steward.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. While King Lear is staying with Goneril, she complains that his knights are doing what?
2. What does Kent give to the gentleman to show Cordelia?
3. What is Edmund going to do in order to assure Gloucester that his brother's intent isn't to hurt Gloucester?
4. Why does Edmund want his legitimate brother disinherited?
5. In order to escape detection, Edgar decides to disguise himself as what?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)