|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the first scene of Act 3, what are the armies of France ready to do?
(a) Support Lear.
(b) Invade England.
(c) Protect France.
(d) Support Albany.
2. Oswald is what relation to Goneril?
(a) Her steward.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her son.
3. Who is Gloucester's illegitimate son?
4. While Lear is in the storm, who is his only companion?
(b) The Fool.
(c) No one.
5. Who is Goneril's husband?
(a) The Duke of Kent.
(b) The Duke of Burgundy.
(c) The Duke of France.
(d) The Duke of Albany.
6. After Lear laments his ungrateful daughters, what begins?
(a) A hurricane.
(b) A storm.
(c) An earthquake.
7. While King Lear is staying with Goneril, how does she command her servants to treat the King and his people?
(b) Like royalty.
8. Edmund tells his brother that he fears someone has turned Gloucester against him and then tells his brother to do what?
(a) Issue a challenge.
(b) Arm himself.
(c) Leave quickly.
(d) Find out who the informant is.
9. Edmund cuts his arm with what weapon after he and Edgar pretend to fight?
(a) A sword.
(b) A knife.
(c) A dagger.
(d) An arrow.
10. Lear says that the weather is not unkind in its actions of a storm because why?
(a) It doesn't need any man to be a storm.
(b) It has no reason to be obligated to him.
(c) It simply acts as nature will.
(d) It has reason to be stormy.
11. Oswald and Kent meet in front of what structure?
(a) Albany's stable.
(b) Albany's castle.
(c) Gloucester's castle.
(d) Gloucester's stable.
12. What did Oswald's letter from Goneril cause Regan and Cornwall to do?
(a) Immediately depart.
(b) Go hunting for food.
(c) Leave for the King's castle.
(d) Stay and clean.
13. To whom is Gloucester loyal?
(b) The King.
(c) Duke of Cornwall.
(d) Duke of Albany.
14. Gloucester blames the effects of what for affecting relationships?
(a) The planets.
(b) The stars.
(c) The eclipses.
(d) The moon.
15. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
(a) Gloucester's castle.
(b) Albany's castle.
(c) Lear's castle.
(d) Goneril's castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kent comes to King Lear in disguise and offers his services in what position?
2. While King Lear is staying with Goneril, she complains that his knights are doing what?
3. While they are walking to the hovel, the Fool utters a prophecy that says what?
4. Goneril's goal is to have King Lear go and stay with whom, rather than stay at her house?
5. The Fool calls King Lear a fool for doing what?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)