|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which man marries Cordelia even though she doesn't have a dowry?
(a) No one.
(b) The Earl of Gloucester.
(c) The King of France.
(d) The Lord of Burgundy.
2. While King Lear is staying with Goneril, she complains that his knights are doing what?
(a) Interfering with her household.
(b) Eating too much food.
(c) Causing problems with the children.
(d) Taking up too much space.
3. How does Edmund characterize the belief that people having in the stars and planets ruling their lives?
(a) As preposterous.
(b) As genuine.
(c) As truth.
(d) As superstitious.
4. Who says: "How sharper than a serpent's tooth it is / To have a thankless child"
(b) The Duke of Burgundy.
(c) The Fool.
(d) King Lear.
5. While King Lear is staying with Goneril, how does she command her servants to treat the King and his people?
(a) Like royalty.
6. Lear says that the weather is not unkind in its actions of a storm because why?
(a) It has no reason to be obligated to him.
(b) It has reason to be stormy.
(c) It simply acts as nature will.
(d) It doesn't need any man to be a storm.
7. The Fool calls King Lear a fool for doing what?
(a) Searching for the Fool.
(b) Leaving his palace.
(c) Giving away his lands.
(d) Hitting Oswald.
8. While Kent warns the gentleman of the coming conflict between Albany and Cornwall, what are the spies of France doing?
(a) Gathering information.
(b) Sowing discord.
(d) Causing trouble.
9. Regan and Goneril tell Lear that he is what type of a man?
10. Who protests punishing Kent without the King's consent?
11. What punishment will King Lear's daughters give the Fool for speaking the truth?
(a) A caning.
(b) A whipping.
12. What room in the house does Act I, Scene 4 take place?
(a) The hall.
(b) The ballroom.
(c) The entrance.
(d) The dining room.
13. Lear says the anguish of the storm distracts him from what?
(a) The heartbreak of losing Cordelia.
(b) The hearbreak of making bad choices.
(c) The heartbreak of his daughters' treachery.
(d) The heartbreak of losing his kingdom.
14. King Lear has brought how many servants and knights to stay with Goneril?
(a) Three hundred.
(b) Two hundred.
(c) Four hundred.
(d) One hundred.
15. When Edmund tells his brother that his father is horribly angry with him, what does Edmund advise his brother to do?
(a) Stay away from Gloucester until he cools off.
(b) Leave England until Gloucester cools off.
(c) Write a letter to Gloucester to explain things.
(d) Go and talk to Gloucester to cool him off.
Short Answer Questions
1. Goneril's goal is to have King Lear go and stay with whom, rather than stay at her house?
2. Why does Edmund want his legitimate brother disinherited?
3. King Lear is trying to find his fool who has been missing for how long?
4. To whom is Gloucester loyal?
5. While they are walking to the hovel, the Fool utters a prophecy that says what?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)