|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the three speakers in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Edmund, Curan, and Edgar.
(b) Gloucester, Edgar, and Edmund.
(c) Edgar Curan, and Gloucester.
(d) Edmund Curan, and Gloucester.
2. During the first scene of Act 3, what are the armies of France ready to do?
(a) Support Albany.
(b) Support Lear.
(c) Protect France.
(d) Invade England.
3. King Lear has brought how many servants and knights to stay with Goneril?
(a) Four hundred.
(b) Two hundred.
(c) One hundred.
(d) Three hundred.
4. How much love does Cordelia say she will give her husband?
(a) Half her love.
(b) All her love.
(c) Some of her love.
(d) None of her love.
5. In order to escape detection, Edgar decides to disguise himself as what?
(a) A madman.
(b) A servant.
(c) A carpenter.
(d) A farmer.
6. What does Kent give to the gentleman to show Cordelia?
(a) A letter.
(b) His seal.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A ring.
7. To aide in his disguise, what does Edgar do to his hair?
(a) He rubs mud in it.
(b) He shaves it all off.
(c) He cuts it.
(d) He knots it.
8. While they are walking to the hovel, the Fool utters a prophecy that says what?
(a) England will be divided.
(b) England is going to be conquered by France.
(c) England is in confusion.
(d) England will once again be Lear's.
9. What sound precedes the King's entrance into a scene?
(b) A herald's announcement.
10. Gloucester tells Edmund there has been a falling out between which two dukes?
(a) Albany and Cornwall.
(b) Albany and Camelot.
(c) Burgundy and Albany.
(d) Cornwall and Burgundy.
11. When Lear bemoans his treatment at Goneril's house, what does Regan say?
(a) Regan doesn't say anything.
(b) Regan says that she will be different.
(c) Regan agrees with Lear.
(d) Regan defends Goneril.
12. Instead of referring to the King by his title, what does Oswald call the king?
(a) My lady's relation.
(b) My lady's father.
(c) My lady's responsibility.
(d) My lady's burden.
13. What does Oswald say after Kent draws his sword?
(a) Help, ho! Leave me be!
(b) Help, ho! Murderer, Murderer!
(c) Help, ho! Sword is drawn!
(d) Help, ho! My life be spared!
14. To aide in his disguise, what does Edgar cover his face with?
15. Who is the protagonist in the play?
(a) Duke of Cornwall.
(d) King Lear.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "I am a man / More sinned against than sinning" ?
2. When Kent says: "but you have that in your countenance which I would fain call master," what quality is he referring to?
3. While Lear is in the storm, who is his only companion?
4. Kent comes to King Lear in disguise and offers his services in what position?
5. What does Edmund have that is supposedly from his brother?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)