|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says: "How sharper than a serpent's tooth it is / To have a thankless child"
(b) The Duke of Burgundy.
(c) King Lear.
(d) The Fool.
2. Instead of referring to the King by his title, what does Oswald call the king?
(a) My lady's father.
(b) My lady's burden.
(c) My lady's relation.
(d) My lady's responsibility.
3. When Cordelia refuses to profess her undying love for her father (the King), what does her father do?
(a) Her father takes back the jewels.
(b) Her father yells at her.
(c) Her father disowns her.
(d) Her father hits her.
4. According to Goneril, while King Lear is staying with her, how often does King Lear wrong her?
(a) At least once an hour.
(b) During the day with the demands of his followers.
(c) Day and night and every hour.
(d) At mealtimes with his demands.
5. By what title does Oswald refer to Goneril as in Act I, Scene 3?
6. Who are the three speakers in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Edmund, Curan, and Edgar.
(b) Edgar Curan, and Gloucester.
(c) Gloucester, Edgar, and Edmund.
(d) Edmund Curan, and Gloucester.
7. Lear refuses to leave the storm and go to safety without whom?
(c) The Fool.
8. If Edmund cannot get his brother disinherited, how much of his father's inheritance will Edmund inherit?
9. Goneril and Cornwall order Gloucester to do what if Lear returns to the castle?
(a) Make sure he doesn't have any servants with him.
(b) Not allow him in.
(c) Allow him into the stables only.
(d) Strip him of anything valuable.
10. Edgar hides in what location to escape his pursuers?
(a) A hollow of a tree.
(b) Under a bush.
(c) An abandoned shack.
(d) In tree branches.
11. To whom is Gloucester loyal?
(a) Duke of Albany.
(c) Duke of Cornwall.
(d) The King.
12. Who is Gloucester's illegitimate son?
13. Where is King Lear going to go when he leaves Goneril's house?
(b) Regan's house.
(c) His palace.
(d) His summer home.
14. What is the name of the person who stands up for Cordelia when her father disinherits her?
15. The paper Edmund has, which he is going to show to Gloucester as proof of his brother's treachery, says that the older generation should do what with their riches?
(a) Use them to benefit their children.
(b) Give them to the poor.
(c) Give them to the younger men.
(d) Hold onto them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Edmund's legitimate brother?
2. Instead of calling Edgar mad, Lear gives him what title?
3. While King Lear is staying with Goneril, how does she command her servants to treat the King and his people?
4. Where does Act 3, Scene 3 take place?
5. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)