|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gloucester, when mentioning the effect of the stars and planets on relationships, says that these effects have caused King Lear to do what to Cordelia?
(a) Turn against her.
(b) Love her.
(c) Marry her to someone she doesn't like.
(d) Send her away.
2. Cordelia says she is guiding the French army against the English only because of what?
(a) Her desire to oust her sisters.
(b) Her love for her father.
(c) Her desire for land.
(d) Her annoyance at her sisters.
3. Who does Kent ask to "turn thy wheel"?
(b) The sun.
4. Edmund is going to betray Gloucester in order to do what?
(a) Gain more for himself.
(b) Get Gloucester's land.
(c) Be selfish.
(d) Get married to Cordelia.
5. Why did the King of France leave the French encampment and return to France?
(a) So he wouldn't have to fight.
(b) He didn't want to see King Lear.
(c) There was important business to take care of in France.
(d) Because his life was in danger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Oswald is what relation to Goneril?
2. The man who leads the blind Earl of Gloucester into the heath claims what relationship to the Earl?
3. How many suitors does Cordelia have when the King tells them that she will have no dowry?
4. Goneril's goal is to have King Lear go and stay with whom, rather than stay at her house?
5. Edmund is going to betray Gloucester to whom?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)