|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Goneril's goal is to have King Lear go and stay with whom, rather than stay at her house?
(a) His summer palace.
(b) Her brother's house.
(c) Her sister's house.
(d) His palace.
2. Instead of referring to the King by his title, what does Oswald call the king?
(a) My lady's responsibility.
(b) My lady's burden.
(c) My lady's father.
(d) My lady's relation.
3. Lear says that wickedness is only punished in the poor and that wickedness isn't punished in the rich because they are protected by what?
(a) Their homes.
(b) Their wealth.
(c) Their status.
(d) Their servants.
4. When Edmund tells his brother that his father is horribly angry with him, what does Edmund advise his brother to do?
(a) Stay away from Gloucester until he cools off.
(b) Write a letter to Gloucester to explain things.
(c) Go and talk to Gloucester to cool him off.
(d) Leave England until Gloucester cools off.
5. When the King of France leaves the French encampment, who does he leave in charge?
(c) The Prince of France.
(d) The Marshal of France.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many daughters does King Lear have?
2. What do Regan and Goneril believe is affecting the King's mind?
3. Lear states that Edgar is the natural man, after his ravings, because of what?
4. When Gloucester is brought in and tied up, he asks Regan, Goneril, and Cornwall to not mistreat him because why?
5. The stage directions have the battle between the English and the French taking place where?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)