|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Act 3, Scene 5 take place?
(a) Gloucester's courtyard.
(b) Cornwall's castle.
(c) Gloucester's castle.
(d) Cornwall's castle.
2. Regan suspects that Goneril and Edmund are doing what?
(a) Plotting against her.
(b) Going to kill Albany and get married.
(c) Having an affair.
(d) Plotting against Albany.
3. What did Oswald's letter from Goneril cause Regan and Cornwall to do?
(a) Go hunting for food.
(b) Leave for the King's castle.
(c) Immediately depart.
(d) Stay and clean.
4. Who says: "How sharper than a serpent's tooth it is / To have a thankless child"
(a) King Lear.
(b) The Duke of Burgundy.
(d) The Fool.
5. Who are the three speakers in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Edgar Curan, and Gloucester.
(b) Gloucester, Edgar, and Edmund.
(c) Edmund, Curan, and Edgar.
(d) Edmund Curan, and Gloucester.
Short Answer Questions
1. While King Lear is staying with Goneril, how does she command her servants to treat the King and his people?
2. On the battlefield, Edgar sets Gloucester by a tree and tells him to pray for what?
3. Who is Gloucester's illegitimate son?
4. Gloucester tries to commit suicide by doing what?
5. According to Goneril, while King Lear is staying with her, how often does King Lear wrong her?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)