|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The paper Edmund has, which he is going to show to Gloucester as proof of his brother's treachery, says that the older generation should do what with their riches?
(a) Give them to the poor.
(b) Hold onto them.
(c) Give them to the younger men.
(d) Use them to benefit their children.
2. How many daughters does King Lear have?
3. What sound precedes the King's entrance into a scene?
(d) A herald's announcement.
4. Where does the battle take place?
(a) On a field between the two camps.
(b) On a field by the French encampment.
(c) On a field behind the English encampment.
(d) In Dover.
5. Which character does the line "when old fools are babes again" refer to?
(a) The Fool.
(b) King Lear.
(c) Duke of Albany.
(d) King of France.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cordelia says she is guiding the French army against the English only because of what?
2. Who does Kent ask to "turn thy wheel"?
3. During the first scene of Act 3, what are the armies of France ready to do?
4. When Lear sees Kent in the stocks, he asks Kent what question?
5. Who is Goneril's husband?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)