|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
(a) Gloucester's castle.
(b) Goneril's castle.
(c) Albany's castle.
(d) Lear's castle.
2. While Kent warns the gentleman of the coming conflict between Albany and Cornwall, what are the spies of France doing?
(b) Gathering information.
(c) Sowing discord.
(d) Causing trouble.
3. When Lear bemoans his treatment at Goneril's house, what does Regan say?
(a) Regan defends Goneril.
(b) Regan agrees with Lear.
(c) Regan says that she will be different.
(d) Regan doesn't say anything.
4. Why does Edmund want his legitimate brother disinherited?
(a) So that Edmund can live as a nobleman.
(b) So that Edmund can have all their father's attention.
(c) So that Edmund can inherit everything.
(d) So that Edmund can sell off all the land.
5. After hearing the news of Cornwall's death, Albany vows to take revenge for what act of Cornwall's?
(a) The blinding of Gloucester.
(b) The escape of the King.
(c) Not keeping Goneril at Cornwall.
(d) Not keeping the women out of the plans.
Short Answer Questions
1. King Lear is trying to find his fool who has been missing for how long?
2. Lear says that wickedness is only punished in the poor and that wickedness isn't punished in the rich because they are protected by what?
3. While they are walking to the hovel, the Fool utters a prophecy that says what?
4. Who is Goneril's husband?
5. Who says, "I am a man / More sinned against than sinning" ?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)