|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Cordelia refuses to profess her undying love for her father (the King), what does her father do?
(a) Her father takes back the jewels.
(b) Her father hits her.
(c) Her father yells at her.
(d) Her father disowns her.
2. Edmund is going to betray Gloucester to whom?
(a) The knights.
(b) The Earl.
(c) The Duke.
(d) The King.
3. Gloucester, when mentioning the effect of the stars and planets on relationships, says that these effects have caused King Lear to do what to Cordelia?
(a) Turn against her.
(b) Marry her to someone she doesn't like.
(c) Love her.
(d) Send her away.
4. Kent comes to King Lear in disguise and offers his services in what position?
(a) A fighter.
(b) A nobleman.
(c) A servant.
(d) An advisor.
5. Cornwall and Regan administer what punishment to Kent?
(a) They beat him.
(b) They whip him.
(c) They hang him.
(d) They put him in the stocks.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Oswald leaves Goneril and Albany and returns to Regan at Cornwall, what does he carry from Goneril to Edmund?
2. In Act I, Scene 3, what are the names of the characters who speak?
3. Cornwall says that Edmund will find a better what with Cornwall than with Gloucester?
4. King Lear is trying to find his fool who has been missing for how long?
5. Oswald and Kent meet in front of what structure?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)