|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lear bemoans his treatment at Goneril's house, what does Regan say?
(a) Regan defends Goneril.
(b) Regan says that she will be different.
(c) Regan agrees with Lear.
(d) Regan doesn't say anything.
2. Instead of calling Edgar mad, Lear gives him what title?
(c) Wise man.
3. Why does Edmund want his legitimate brother disinherited?
(a) So that Edmund can inherit everything.
(b) So that Edmund can live as a nobleman.
(c) So that Edmund can sell off all the land.
(d) So that Edmund can have all their father's attention.
4. Where does Act 1, Scene 5 take place?
(a) In the stable of the Duke of Albany's palace.
(b) In the court before the Duke of Albany's palace.
(c) In the upstairs of the Duke of Albany's palace.
(d) In the hall of the Duke of Albany's palace.
5. When Goneril and Edmund travel to Albany's palace, what happens between them?
(a) They hate each other.
(b) They have an affair.
(c) They fall in love.
(d) They become friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What punishment will King Lear's daughters give the Fool for speaking the truth?
2. Instead of referring to the King by his title, what does Oswald call the king?
3. What is the name of the person who stands up for Cordelia when her father disinherits her?
4. Gloucester, when mentioning the effect of the stars and planets on relationships, says that these effects have caused King Lear to do what to Cordelia?
5. Goneril and Cornwall order Gloucester to do what if Lear returns to the castle?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)