|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Edmund laments promising himself to both sisters and figures out that the only way he is going to enjoy one of them is for what to happen?
(a) He says he can enjoy them both if he is crafty.
(b) If the sisters move farther apart.
(c) One of the sisters to die.
(d) Goneril stays married to Albany.
2. When King Lear gets ready to depart Goneril's house, what is his method of travel?
(a) On horseback.
(b) By foot.
(c) By cart.
(d) By carriage.
3. What punishment will King Lear give to the Fool for lying?
(a) A whipping.
(b) A caning.
(c) Dismissal as Fool.
4. Edmund says it will be best, and will support his story, if he finds Gloucester doing what?
(a) Giving comfort to the King.
(b) Sheltering the King.
(c) Acting as the King.
(d) With French soldier.
5. Who is Edmund's father?
(a) King Lear.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Cordelia refuses to profess her undying love for her father (the King), what does her father do?
2. Gloucester greets the news of the English taking prisoners with what thoughts?
3. Where does Act 1, Scene 5 take place?
4. Who tells Kent of Cordelia's response to his letter?
5. Goneril thinks that Gloucester should suffer what punishment?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)