|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is King Lear going to go when he leaves Goneril's house?
(a) His summer home.
(b) Regan's house.
(d) His palace.
2. The stage directions have the battle between the English and the French taking place where?
(a) Off stage.
(b) In the back of the stage.
(c) To the right of where Gloucester sits.
(d) On the whole stage.
3. Where does Act 3, Scene 3 take place?
(a) Gloucester's stable.
(b) Gloucester's courtyard.
(c) Gloucester's castle.
(d) Gloucester's hall.
4. Kent asks who not to reveal his identity?
(a) The Fool.
(d) The Gentleman.
5. In Act I, Scene 3, what are the names of the characters who speak?
(a) Goneril and Oswald.
(b) Goneril, Oswald, and King Lear.
(c) King Lear and Oswald.
(d) King Lear and Goneril.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion does Edgar feel when he sees that his father is blind?
2. While Lear is in the storm, who is his only companion?
3. While King Lear is staying with Goneril, she complains that his knights are doing what?
4. Instead of calling Edgar mad, Lear gives him what title?
5. Who are the three speakers in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)