|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Goneril, while King Lear is staying with her, how often does King Lear wrong her?
(a) At least once an hour.
(b) Day and night and every hour.
(c) At mealtimes with his demands.
(d) During the day with the demands of his followers.
2. Kent comes to King Lear in disguise and offers his services in what position?
(a) A nobleman.
(b) A fighter.
(c) An advisor.
(d) A servant.
3. Who is Gloucester's illegitimate son?
4. Why does Edmund want his legitimate brother disinherited?
(a) So that Edmund can live as a nobleman.
(b) So that Edmund can inherit everything.
(c) So that Edmund can have all their father's attention.
(d) So that Edmund can sell off all the land.
5. How does Edmund characterize the belief that people having in the stars and planets ruling their lives?
(a) As preposterous.
(b) As truth.
(c) As genuine.
(d) As superstitious.
Short Answer Questions
1. While King Lear is staying with Goneril, how does she command her servants to treat the King and his people?
2. A servant draws his sword on Cornwall because of what action?
3. Who was captured by the English army?
4. Kent repeatedly calls Oswald by what name?
5. When Gloucester is brought in and tied up, he asks Regan, Goneril, and Cornwall to not mistreat him because why?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)