|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The paper Edmund has, which he is going to show to Gloucester as proof of his brother's treachery, says that the older generation should do what with their riches?
(a) Give them to the younger men.
(b) Give them to the poor.
(c) Use them to benefit their children.
(d) Hold onto them.
2. What are the rumors that Curan tells Edmund?
(a) Rumors of war between the Duke of Cornwall and the Duke of Albany.
(b) Rumors of war between Fance and England.
(c) Rumors of war between Lear and Burgundy.
(d) Rumors of war between Lear and the Duke of Albany.
3. To whom is Gloucester loyal?
(b) Duke of Cornwall.
(c) The King.
(d) Duke of Albany.
4. In the first scene, an attendant is carrying a small crown meant for whom?
(c) The Queen.
5. In Act I, Scene 3, what are the names of the characters who speak?
(a) King Lear and Oswald.
(b) Goneril, Oswald, and King Lear.
(c) Goneril and Oswald.
(d) King Lear and Goneril.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gloucester, when mentioning the effect of the stars and planets on relationships, says that these effects have caused King Lear to do what to Cordelia?
2. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
3. Curan holds what position in society?
4. Edgar stops in the middle of what area when he tells Gloucester that they are on a cliff?
5. Edmund is going to betray Gloucester to whom?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)