|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Kent warns the gentleman of the coming conflict between Albany and Cornwall, what are the spies of France doing?
(b) Sowing discord.
(c) Gathering information.
(d) Causing trouble.
2. While they are walking to the hovel, the Fool utters a prophecy that says what?
(a) England will be divided.
(b) England will once again be Lear's.
(c) England is in confusion.
(d) England is going to be conquered by France.
3. Edmund is going to betray Gloucester in order to do what?
(a) Gain more for himself.
(b) Get Gloucester's land.
(c) Get married to Cordelia.
(d) Be selfish.
4. How many of King Lear's daughters are married?
5. When Gloucester is brought in and tied up, he asks Regan, Goneril, and Cornwall to not mistreat him because why?
(a) Because they are related to him.
(b) Because they are his guests.
(c) Because they are human.
(d) Because he helped their father.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act I, Scene 3, what are the names of the characters who speak?
2. Where does Act 3, Scene 5 take place?
3. Lear conducts a mock trial of his daughters; who serves as the judges?
4. Oswald reports that Albany smiled when he heard what news?
5. What does Oswald say after Kent draws his sword?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)