|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The man who leads the blind Earl of Gloucester into the heath claims what relationship to the Earl?
(a) A servant.
(b) A man-at-arms.
(c) A tenant.
(d) A soldier.
2. While they are walking to the hovel, the Fool utters a prophecy that says what?
(a) England will once again be Lear's.
(b) England will be divided.
(c) England is going to be conquered by France.
(d) England is in confusion.
3. What does the doctor prescribe to help cure Lear's madness?
(a) Herbs and walking.
(b) Cold water baths.
(c) Nothing can cure madness.
(d) Sleep and rest.
4. If Edmund cannot get his brother disinherited, how much of his father's inheritance will Edmund inherit?
5. Which character does the line "when old fools are babes again" refer to?
(a) The Fool.
(b) King of France.
(c) King Lear.
(d) Duke of Albany.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes Lear sleep while they are in the farmhouse?
2. During the first scene of Act 3, what are the armies of France ready to do?
3. Kent repeatedly calls Oswald by what name?
4. Curan holds what position in society?
5. What is the name Edgar uses in place of his own?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)