|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the first scene, an attendant is carrying a small crown meant for whom?
(b) The Queen.
2. Why does Edmund want his legitimate brother disinherited?
(a) So that Edmund can have all their father's attention.
(b) So that Edmund can sell off all the land.
(c) So that Edmund can inherit everything.
(d) So that Edmund can live as a nobleman.
3. Curan holds what position in society?
4. Who calls the hovel haunted?
(b) The Fool.
(d) The King.
5. While they are walking to the hovel, the Fool utters a prophecy that says what?
(a) England will once again be Lear's.
(b) England will be divided.
(c) England is going to be conquered by France.
(d) England is in confusion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Goneril's gentleman do that causes King Lear to strike him?
2. What does Edmund have that is supposedly from his brother?
3. Edmund cuts his arm with what weapon after he and Edgar pretend to fight?
4. Who is Goneril's husband?
5. When the King of France leaves the French encampment, who does he leave in charge?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)