|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Regan promises a promotion to Oswald if he finds and kills who?
2. During the first scene of Act 3, what are the armies of France ready to do?
(a) Support Albany.
(b) Support Lear.
(c) Invade England.
(d) Protect France.
3. Cordelia says she is guiding the French army against the English only because of what?
(a) Her love for her father.
(b) Her annoyance at her sisters.
(c) Her desire for land.
(d) Her desire to oust her sisters.
4. Cordelia says that France is not fighting the English with which motivation?
5. The messenger who delivers the news of Cornwall's death to Albany and Goneril also delivers a letter to Goneril from whom?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Edmund want his legitimate brother disinherited?
2. Where is King Lear going to go when he leaves Goneril's house?
3. Cordelia has what quality that her sisters lack?
4. Who does Kent ask to "turn thy wheel"?
5. How many of King Lear's daughters are married?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)