|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lear sees Kent in the stocks, he asks Kent what question?
(a) He asks if Kent is amusing himself.
(b) He asks if Kent likes being in the stocks.
(c) He asks if Kent hurt anyone.
(d) He asks if Kent has slept.
2. Edgar is left alone at the farmhouse and hopes that the King will be able to do what?
(a) Get his lands back.
(b) Live a long life.
(c) Get justice on his daughters.
3. Where does Act I, Scene 3 take place?
(a) The Duke of Albany's palace.
(b) The Duke of Burgundy's palace.
(c) The King's palace.
(d) Goneril's summer home.
4. Curan holds what position in society?
5. What punishment will King Lear give to the Fool for lying?
(a) A whipping.
(b) Dismissal as Fool.
(c) A caning.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the first scene, an attendant is carrying a small crown meant for whom?
2. How many suitors does Cordelia have when the King tells them that she will have no dowry?
3. To aide in his disguise, what does Edgar do to his hair?
4. What is the name of Edmund's legitimate brother?
5. Goneril thinks that Gloucester should suffer what punishment?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)