|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Lear is in the town near the French encampment, he doesn't want to see Cordelia because he feels what?
2. What do Regan and Goneril believe is affecting the King's mind?
(b) Old age.
3. What is Edmund going to do in order to assure Gloucester that his brother's intent isn't to hurt Gloucester?
(a) Talk with Edgar and report to Gloucester.
(b) Write a letter asking Edgar what his intent is.
(c) Talk with Edgar so that Gloucester can hear them.
(d) Send someone to spy on Edgar.
4. Goneril and Regan believe that the King's banishment of the man who defended Cordelia against being disinherited was what?
5. Who brings Cordelia the news that the British armies are marching towards them?
(a) A messenger.
(b) A gentleman.
(c) A soldier.
(d) An officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oswald say after Kent draws his sword?
2. When Lear sees Kent in the stocks, he asks Kent what question?
3. What is the name of the person who stands up for Cordelia when her father disinherits her?
4. What does the doctor prescribe to help cure Lear's madness?
5. Lear refuses to leave the storm and go to safety without whom?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)