|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Cordelia refuses to profess her undying love for her father (the King), what does her father do?
(a) Her father yells at her.
(b) Her father takes back the jewels.
(c) Her father hits her.
(d) Her father disowns her.
2. How does Edgar lead the blind Gloucester from the heath to the cliffs?
(a) By a rope.
(b) By his arm.
(c) By his voice.
(d) By a leash.
3. Since she is widowed, Regan expects Edmund to do what?
(a) Seduce her.
(b) Court her.
(c) Leave her.
(d) Marry her.
4. Cordelia says she is guiding the French army against the English only because of what?
(a) Her annoyance at her sisters.
(b) Her desire for land.
(c) Her love for her father.
(d) Her desire to oust her sisters.
5. What does Edmund have that is supposedly from his brother?
(a) A letter.
(b) A book.
(c) A seal.
(d) A ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the first scene, an attendant is carrying a small crown meant for whom?
2. Cordelia says that France is not fighting the English with which motivation?
3. Who are the three speakers in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What event caused the Fool to pine away?
5. What is the name of the person who stands up for Cordelia when her father disinherits her?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)