|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says: "How sharper than a serpent's tooth it is / To have a thankless child"
(a) The Fool.
(b) King Lear.
(c) The Duke of Burgundy.
2. Which man marries Cordelia even though she doesn't have a dowry?
(a) No one.
(b) The Lord of Burgundy.
(c) The King of France.
(d) The Earl of Gloucester.
3. While Lear is in the storm, who is his only companion?
(a) The Fool.
(b) No one.
4. Lear states that Edgar is the natural man, after his ravings, because of what?
(a) Edgar owes nobody anything.
(b) Edgar is mad.
(c) Edgar is letting his own mind run free.
(d) Edgar is unburdened by heartache.
5. What sound precedes the King's entrance into a scene?
(b) A herald's announcement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gloucester blames the effects of what for affecting relationships?
2. What are the rumors that Curan tells Edmund?
3. Gloucester orders Edgar captured and killed because Gloucester thinks Edgar did what to Edmund?
4. Gloucester tells Edmund there has been a falling out between which two dukes?
5. Cornwall says that Edmund will find a better what with Cornwall than with Gloucester?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)