|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Kent warns the gentleman of the coming conflict between Albany and Cornwall, what are the spies of France doing?
(b) Gathering information.
(c) Causing trouble.
(d) Sowing discord.
2. Who tells Kent of Cordelia's response to his letter?
(a) The Marshal of France.
(b) An officer.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A gentleman.
3. Edmund tells his brother that he fears someone has turned Gloucester against him and then tells his brother to do what?
(a) Arm himself.
(b) Leave quickly.
(c) Find out who the informant is.
(d) Issue a challenge.
4. What room in the house does Act I, Scene 4 take place?
(a) The hall.
(b) The dining room.
(c) The entrance.
(d) The ballroom.
5. Where is King Lear going to go when he leaves Goneril's house?
(b) Regan's house.
(c) His palace.
(d) His summer home.
Short Answer Questions
1. King Lear has brought how many servants and knights to stay with Goneril?
2. Who protests punishing Kent without the King's consent?
3. What does Oswald say after Kent draws his sword?
4. Lear refuses to leave the storm and go to safety without whom?
5. Lear conducts a mock trial of his daughters; who serves as the judges?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)