|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Act 4, Scene 3 take place?
(a) Outside the French encampment.
(b) In a town.
(c) In a forest.
(d) At the French encampment.
2. Who says, "I am a man / More sinned against than sinning" ?
(d) The Fool.
3. To whom is Gloucester loyal?
(a) Duke of Cornwall.
(c) The King.
(d) Duke of Albany.
4. What punishment will King Lear give to the Fool for lying?
(a) A caning.
(c) Dismissal as Fool.
(d) A whipping.
5. While Lear is in the storm, who is his only companion?
(b) The Fool.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. While King Lear is staying with Goneril, how does she command her servants to treat the King and his people?
2. When Oswald leaves Goneril and Albany and returns to Regan at Cornwall, what does he carry from Goneril to Edmund?
3. Who tells Goneril that she is becoming a monster and only her shape as a woman protects her?
4. Oswald reports that Albany smiled when he heard what news?
5. Who says "Yet better thus, and known to be contemned, / Than still contemned and flattered"?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)