|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Goneril and Regan believe that the King's banishment of the man who defended Cordelia against being disinherited was what?
2. Who is the protagonist in the play?
(b) King Lear.
(c) Duke of Cornwall.
3. The gentleman on the hearth tells Kent that Lear is doing what in the storm?
4. Who tells Kent of a plot against the King?
(a) A gentleman.
(c) The stars.
(d) His dreams.
5. When Lear bemoans his treatment at Goneril's house, what does Regan say?
(a) Regan agrees with Lear.
(b) Regan doesn't say anything.
(c) Regan says that she will be different.
(d) Regan defends Goneril.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the King of France leaves the French encampment, who does he leave in charge?
2. How many of King Lear's daughters are married?
3. Edgar is left alone at the farmhouse and hopes that the King will be able to do what?
4. What event caused the Fool to pine away?
5. Gloucester blames the effects of what for affecting relationships?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)