|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gloucester, when mentioning the effect of the stars and planets on relationships, says that these effects have caused King Lear to do what to Cordelia?
(a) Love her.
(b) Send her away.
(c) Marry her to someone she doesn't like.
(d) Turn against her.
2. Who calls the hovel haunted?
(a) The Fool.
(d) The King.
3. Edmund is going to betray Gloucester to whom?
(a) The knights.
(b) The Earl.
(c) The Duke.
(d) The King.
4. Instead of referring to the King by his title, what does Oswald call the king?
(a) My lady's father.
(b) My lady's responsibility.
(c) My lady's burden.
(d) My lady's relation.
5. Who protests punishing Kent without the King's consent?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Kent says: "but you have that in your countenance which I would fain call master," what quality is he referring to?
2. Who tells Kent of Cordelia's response to his letter?
3. Who says, "Here's a night pities neither wise man nor fool"?
4. Who carries a torch and finds the King and company in the forest?
5. When Cordelia refuses to profess her undying love for her father (the King), what does her father do?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)