|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives Edmund the office of Earl of Gloucester?
(a) The Duke of Albany.
(b) The Duke of Burgundy.
(c) Goneril and Regan.
(d) The Duke of Cornwall.
2. Who says, "I am a man / More sinned against than sinning" ?
(c) The Fool.
3. Who is Gloucester's illegitimate son?
4. When Kent says: "but you have that in your countenance which I would fain call master," what quality is he referring to?
5. Why does Edmund want his legitimate brother disinherited?
(a) So that Edmund can have all their father's attention.
(b) So that Edmund can sell off all the land.
(c) So that Edmund can live as a nobleman.
(d) So that Edmund can inherit everything.
Short Answer Questions
1. Edgar, in his disguise as Poor Tom, agrees to lead Gloucester to the cliffs at which place?
2. When the King of France leaves the French encampment, who does he leave in charge?
3. What punishment will King Lear give to the Fool for lying?
4. What has to happen in order for Edgar to be reunited with his father?
5. Goneril and Cornwall order Gloucester to do what if Lear returns to the castle?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)