|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much love does Cordelia say she will give her husband?
(a) Some of her love.
(b) All her love.
(c) None of her love.
(d) Half her love.
2. What emotion does Edgar feel when he sees that his father is blind?
3. Who says: "How sharper than a serpent's tooth it is / To have a thankless child"
(a) The Fool.
(b) The Duke of Burgundy.
(c) King Lear.
4. Kent repeatedly calls Oswald by what name?
5. Who says "Yet better thus, and known to be contemned, / Than still contemned and flattered"?
Short Answer Questions
1. By what title does Oswald refer to Goneril as in Act I, Scene 3?
2. Goneril and Regan believe that the King's banishment of the man who defended Cordelia against being disinherited was what?
3. After Lear laments his ungrateful daughters, what begins?
4. While Lear is in the town near the French encampment, he doesn't want to see Cordelia because he feels what?
5. What room in the house does Act I, Scene 4 take place?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)