|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Edgar lead the blind Gloucester from the heath to the cliffs?
(a) By a rope.
(b) By his arm.
(c) By his voice.
(d) By a leash.
2. When King Lear gets ready to depart Goneril's house, what is his method of travel?
(a) On horseback.
(b) By carriage.
(c) By cart.
(d) By foot.
3. Where does Act I, Scene 3 take place?
(a) The Duke of Albany's palace.
(b) The Duke of Burgundy's palace.
(c) Goneril's summer home.
(d) The King's palace.
4. Where is King Lear going to go when he leaves Goneril's house?
(a) Regan's house.
(b) His summer home.
(c) His palace.
5. To aide in his disguise, what does Edgar do for clothing?
(a) Uses his old, torn clothing.
(b) Uses old rags.
(c) Doesn't wear anything.
(d) Uses only a blanket.
Short Answer Questions
1. While King Lear is staying with Goneril, she complains that his knights are doing what?
2. Regan thinks that Gloucester should suffer what punishment?
3. Cordelia says she is guiding the French army against the English only because of what?
4. Lear states that Edgar is the natural man, after his ravings, because of what?
5. When Edmund tells his brother that his father is horribly angry with him, what does Edmund advise his brother to do?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)