|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Lear is in the town near the French encampment, he doesn't want to see Cordelia because he feels what?
2. Cornwall and Regan administer what punishment to Kent?
(a) They beat him.
(b) They put him in the stocks.
(c) They whip him.
(d) They hang him.
3. Edmund tells his brother that he fears someone has turned Gloucester against him and then tells his brother to do what?
(a) Leave quickly.
(b) Find out who the informant is.
(c) Issue a challenge.
(d) Arm himself.
4. Edmund cuts his arm with what weapon after he and Edgar pretend to fight?
(a) A knife.
(b) A dagger.
(c) An arrow.
(d) A sword.
5. The messenger who delivers the news of Cornwall's death to Albany and Goneril also delivers a letter to Goneril from whom?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act I, Scene 3, what are the names of the characters who speak?
2. What does Kent give to the gentleman to show Cordelia?
3. Who tells Kent of Cordelia's response to his letter?
4. When Lear bemoans his treatment at Goneril's house, what does Regan say?
5. How many suitors does Cordelia have when the King tells them that she will have no dowry?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)