|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Regan and Goneril tell Lear that he is what type of a man?
2. Kent repeatedly calls Oswald by what name?
3. Cordelia says she is guiding the French army against the English only because of what?
(a) Her love for her father.
(b) Her desire for land.
(c) Her annoyance at her sisters.
(d) Her desire to oust her sisters.
4. Who tells Kent of a plot against the King?
(a) A gentleman.
(c) The stars.
(d) His dreams.
5. Who are the three speakers in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Edgar Curan, and Gloucester.
(b) Edmund Curan, and Gloucester.
(c) Edmund, Curan, and Edgar.
(d) Gloucester, Edgar, and Edmund.
Short Answer Questions
1. Oswald and Kent meet in front of what structure?
2. How does Edmund characterize the belief that people having in the stars and planets ruling their lives?
3. While Kent warns the gentleman of the coming conflict between Albany and Cornwall, what are the spies of France doing?
4. What did Goneril's gentleman do that causes King Lear to strike him?
5. During the first scene of Act 3, what are the armies of France ready to do?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)