|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Cordelia refuses to profess her undying love for her father (the King), what does her father do?
(a) Her father hits her.
(b) Her father takes back the jewels.
(c) Her father yells at her.
(d) Her father disowns her.
2. During the first scene of Act 3, what are the armies of France ready to do?
(a) Support Albany.
(b) Protect France.
(c) Support Lear.
(d) Invade England.
3. What is the name of Edmund's legitimate brother?
4. Who is Gloucester's illegitimate son?
5. The gentleman on the hearth tells Kent that Lear is doing what in the storm?
Short Answer Questions
1. Goneril's goal is to have King Lear go and stay with whom, rather than stay at her house?
2. Who says, "Here's a night pities neither wise man nor fool"?
3. What does Edmund have that is supposedly from his brother?
4. Edgar, in his disguise as Poor Tom, agrees to lead Gloucester to the cliffs at which place?
5. Who is Goneril's husband?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)