|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What punishment will King Lear's daughters give the Fool for speaking the truth?
(a) A caning.
(b) A whipping.
2. What room in the house does Act I, Scene 4 take place?
(a) The ballroom.
(b) The hall.
(c) The entrance.
(d) The dining room.
3. Who are the three speakers in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Gloucester, Edgar, and Edmund.
(b) Edmund Curan, and Gloucester.
(c) Edgar Curan, and Gloucester.
(d) Edmund, Curan, and Edgar.
4. What does Oswald say after Kent draws his sword?
(a) Help, ho! Leave me be!
(b) Help, ho! Murderer, Murderer!
(c) Help, ho! Sword is drawn!
(d) Help, ho! My life be spared!
5. Who gives Edmund the office of Earl of Gloucester?
(a) Goneril and Regan.
(b) The Duke of Cornwall.
(c) The Duke of Albany.
(d) The Duke of Burgundy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who protests punishing Kent without the King's consent?
2. Gloucester blames the effects of what for affecting relationships?
3. What did Goneril's gentleman do that causes King Lear to strike him?
4. Who says: "Thou shouldst not have been old till thou hadst been wise"
5. Oswald is what relation to Goneril?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)