|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Goneril, while King Lear is staying with her, how often does King Lear wrong her?
(a) During the day with the demands of his followers.
(b) At mealtimes with his demands.
(c) At least once an hour.
(d) Day and night and every hour.
2. Goneril thinks that Gloucester should suffer what punishment?
(a) His skin should be removed.
(b) He should be drawn and quartered.
(c) His eyes should be plucked out.
(d) His hands should be cut off.
3. Lear says the anguish of the storm distracts him from what?
(a) The heartbreak of his daughters' treachery.
(b) The heartbreak of losing Cordelia.
(c) The hearbreak of making bad choices.
(d) The heartbreak of losing his kingdom.
4. Lear conducts a mock trial of his daughters; who serves as the judges?
(a) Kent and The Fool.
(b) Edgar and Kent.
(c) Edgar and The Fool.
(d) Edgar, Kent, and The Fool.
5. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
(a) Lear's castle.
(b) Goneril's castle.
(c) Albany's castle.
(d) Gloucester's castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Act 3, Scene 5 take place?
2. Which man marries Cordelia even though she doesn't have a dowry?
3. To aide in his disguise, what does Edgar cover his face with?
4. What event caused the Fool to pine away?
5. What does Edmund have that is supposedly from his brother?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)