|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many daughters does King Lear have?
2. Gloucester orders Edgar captured and killed because Gloucester thinks Edgar did what to Edmund?
(a) Gloucester thinks Edgar stabbed Edmund.
(b) Gloucester thinks Edgar betrayed Edmund.
(c) Gloucester thinks Edgar hurt Edmund.
(d) Gloucester thinks Edgar killed Edmund.
3. While they are walking to the hovel, the Fool utters a prophecy that says what?
(a) England is going to be conquered by France.
(b) England will be divided.
(c) England will once again be Lear's.
(d) England is in confusion.
4. What did Oswald's letter from Goneril cause Regan and Cornwall to do?
(a) Go hunting for food.
(b) Leave for the King's castle.
(c) Immediately depart.
(d) Stay and clean.
5. Lear says the anguish of the storm distracts him from what?
(a) The heartbreak of losing Cordelia.
(b) The hearbreak of making bad choices.
(c) The heartbreak of losing his kingdom.
(d) The heartbreak of his daughters' treachery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the person who stands up for Cordelia when her father disinherits her?
2. In order to escape detection, Edgar decides to disguise himself as what?
3. Who protests punishing Kent without the King's consent?
4. When Lear sees Kent in the stocks, he asks Kent what question?
5. What does Kent give to the gentleman to show Cordelia?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)