|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Edmund cuts his arm with what weapon after he and Edgar pretend to fight?
(a) A dagger.
(b) An arrow.
(c) A knife.
(d) A sword.
2. Who says, "Here's a night pities neither wise man nor fool"?
(a) The King.
(c) The Fool.
3. What punishment will King Lear give to the Fool for lying?
(a) A caning.
(b) A whipping.
(c) Dismissal as Fool.
4. Oswald reports that Albany smiled when he heard what news?
(a) That Goneril and Edmund were on their way.
(b) That the French Army had landed.
(c) That Gloucester was punished.
(d) That the King had gone to Dover.
5. Gloucester tells Edmund to say what if someone asks about Gloucester?
(a) That Gloucester is away.
(b) That Gloucester is not home.
(c) That Gloucester is out of town.
(d) That Gloucester is sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Edmund going to do in order to assure Gloucester that his brother's intent isn't to hurt Gloucester?
2. After Lear laments his ungrateful daughters, what begins?
3. How does Edmund characterize the belief that people having in the stars and planets ruling their lives?
4. What sound precedes the King's entrance into a scene?
5. Goneril thinks that Gloucester should suffer what punishment?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)