|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What room in the house does Act I, Scene 4 take place?
(a) The entrance.
(b) The hall.
(c) The dining room.
(d) The ballroom.
2. What punishment will King Lear give to the Fool for lying?
(a) Dismissal as Fool.
(c) A whipping.
(d) A caning.
3. Oswald reports that Albany smiled when he heard what news?
(a) That Gloucester was punished.
(b) That the French Army had landed.
(c) That Goneril and Edmund were on their way.
(d) That the King had gone to Dover.
4. Who says, "I am a man / More sinned against than sinning" ?
(c) The Fool.
5. Cornwall says that Gloucester's villainy may be the cause of who's villainy?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lear bemoans his treatment at Goneril's house, what does Regan say?
2. Curan holds what position in society?
3. What does Oswald say after Kent draws his sword?
4. Gloucester, when mentioning the effect of the stars and planets on relationships, says that these effects have caused King Lear to do what to Cordelia?
5. What has to happen in order for Edgar to be reunited with his father?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)