|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The paper Edmund has, which he is going to show to Gloucester as proof of his brother's treachery, says that the older generation should do what with their riches?
(a) Hold onto them.
(b) Use them to benefit their children.
(c) Give them to the younger men.
(d) Give them to the poor.
2. Edgar is left alone at the farmhouse and hopes that the King will be able to do what?
(b) Live a long life.
(c) Get his lands back.
(d) Get justice on his daughters.
3. Oswald reports that Albany smiled when he heard what news?
(a) That Gloucester was punished.
(b) That the King had gone to Dover.
(c) That Goneril and Edmund were on their way.
(d) That the French Army had landed.
4. Edmund tells his brother that he fears someone has turned Gloucester against him and then tells his brother to do what?
(a) Leave quickly.
(b) Issue a challenge.
(c) Arm himself.
(d) Find out who the informant is.
5. According to Goneril, while King Lear is staying with her, how often does King Lear wrong her?
(a) At mealtimes with his demands.
(b) Day and night and every hour.
(c) During the day with the demands of his followers.
(d) At least once an hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. To aide in his disguise, what does Edgar do to his hair?
2. To whom is Gloucester loyal?
3. What has to happen in order for Edgar to be reunited with his father?
4. Before leaving Goneril's house, what does the Fool warn King Lear about?
5. Who tells Kent of a plot against the King?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)