|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Kent says: "but you have that in your countenance which I would fain call master," what quality is he referring to?
2. Who says "Yet better thus, and known to be contemned, / Than still contemned and flattered"?
3. The gentleman on the hearth tells Kent that Lear is doing what in the storm?
4. Oswald is what relation to Goneril?
(a) Her steward.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her son.
5. Regan and Goneril tell Lear that he is what type of a man?
Short Answer Questions
1. Gloucester orders Edgar captured and killed because Gloucester thinks Edgar did what to Edmund?
2. When King Lear announces that he is retiring, what does he want to do with his lands?
3. How many daughters does King Lear have?
4. Edgar is left alone at the farmhouse and hopes that the King will be able to do what?
5. While Kent warns the gentleman of the coming conflict between Albany and Cornwall, what are the spies of France doing?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)