|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act I, Scene 3, what are the names of the characters who speak?
(a) King Lear and Oswald.
(b) Goneril, Oswald, and King Lear.
(c) King Lear and Goneril.
(d) Goneril and Oswald.
2. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
(a) Gloucester's castle.
(b) Goneril's castle.
(c) Albany's castle.
(d) Lear's castle.
3. To aide in his disguise, what does Edgar do for clothing?
(a) Uses old rags.
(b) Doesn't wear anything.
(c) Uses his old, torn clothing.
(d) Uses only a blanket.
4. King Lear has brought how many servants and knights to stay with Goneril?
(a) Four hundred.
(b) Three hundred.
(c) One hundred.
(d) Two hundred.
5. What does Kent give to the gentleman to show Cordelia?
(a) A ring.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A letter.
(d) His seal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cornwall says that Edmund will find a better what with Cornwall than with Gloucester?
2. Kent tells the gentleman of a coming conflict between Albany and Cornwall and asks the gentleman to take the report to where?
3. Who delivers King Lear's letter to his other daughter, while the King is at Goneril's?
4. Instead of referring to the King by his title, what does Oswald call the king?
5. To whom is Gloucester loyal?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)