|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Instead of referring to the King by his title, what does Oswald call the king?
(a) My lady's father.
(b) My lady's burden.
(c) My lady's relation.
(d) My lady's responsibility.
2. What does Oswald say after Kent draws his sword?
(a) Help, ho! My life be spared!
(b) Help, ho! Sword is drawn!
(c) Help, ho! Leave me be!
(d) Help, ho! Murderer, Murderer!
3. What did Goneril's gentleman do that causes King Lear to strike him?
(a) Chiding the Fool.
(b) Chiding the King.
(c) Entering a building before the King.
(d) Refusing one of the knight's requests.
4. Who says, "Here's a night pities neither wise man nor fool"?
(a) The King.
(d) The Fool.
5. Gloucester blames the effects of what for affecting relationships?
(a) The moon.
(b) The planets.
(c) The stars.
(d) The eclipses.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much love does Cordelia say she will give her husband?
2. When Cordelia refuses to profess her undying love for her father (the King), what does her father do?
3. Where does Act 3, Scene 3 take place?
4. To aide in his disguise, what does Edgar do for clothing?
5. What room in the house does Act I, Scene 4 take place?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)