|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What punishment will King Lear give to the Fool for lying?
(a) A caning.
(b) Dismissal as Fool.
(c) A whipping.
2. When Goneril and Edmund travel to Albany's palace, what happens between them?
(a) They become friends.
(b) They hate each other.
(c) They fall in love.
(d) They have an affair.
3. Who delivers King Lear's letter to his other daughter, while the King is at Goneril's?
(a) A knight.
(b) The Fool.
4. Edmund is going to betray Gloucester to whom?
(a) The knights.
(b) The Duke.
(c) The King.
(d) The Earl.
5. Instead of referring to the King by his title, what does Oswald call the king?
(a) My lady's responsibility.
(b) My lady's relation.
(c) My lady's burden.
(d) My lady's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the person who stands up for Cordelia when her father disinherits her?
2. Where is King Lear going to go when he leaves Goneril's house?
3. Who tells Goneril that she is becoming a monster and only her shape as a woman protects her?
4. When Lear bemoans his treatment at Goneril's house, what does Regan say?
5. While Lear is in the storm, who is his only companion?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)