|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Oswald is what relation to Goneril?
(a) Her steward.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her husband.
2. Who says: "How sharper than a serpent's tooth it is / To have a thankless child"
(a) The Duke of Burgundy.
(c) The Fool.
(d) King Lear.
3. Where does Act 3, Scene 5 take place?
(a) Cornwall's castle.
(b) Gloucester's castle.
(c) Gloucester's courtyard.
(d) Cornwall's castle.
4. Who are the three speakers in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Edgar Curan, and Gloucester.
(b) Edmund Curan, and Gloucester.
(c) Edmund, Curan, and Edgar.
(d) Gloucester, Edgar, and Edmund.
5. Edmund says it will be best, and will support his story, if he finds Gloucester doing what?
(a) With French soldier.
(b) Acting as the King.
(c) Giving comfort to the King.
(d) Sheltering the King.
Short Answer Questions
1. Regan thinks that Gloucester should suffer what punishment?
2. Goneril's goal is to have King Lear go and stay with whom, rather than stay at her house?
3. When Goneril and Edmund travel to Albany's palace, what happens between them?
4. Cornwall says that Edmund will find a better what with Cornwall than with Gloucester?
5. While King Lear is staying with Goneril, how does she command her servants to treat the King and his people?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)