|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When King Lear announces that he is retiring, what does he want to do with his lands?
(a) Divide them equally amongst his daughters.
(b) Choose one of his daughters to be Queen.
(c) Give them equally to his son-in-laws.
(d) Reward his youngest daughter with the lands.
2. When Edmund tells his brother that his father is horribly angry with him, what does Edmund advise his brother to do?
(a) Leave England until Gloucester cools off.
(b) Stay away from Gloucester until he cools off.
(c) Write a letter to Gloucester to explain things.
(d) Go and talk to Gloucester to cool him off.
3. According to Goneril, while King Lear is staying with her, how often does King Lear wrong her?
(a) At least once an hour.
(b) During the day with the demands of his followers.
(c) Day and night and every hour.
(d) At mealtimes with his demands.
4. While they are walking to the hovel, the Fool utters a prophecy that says what?
(a) England is in confusion.
(b) England will be divided.
(c) England will once again be Lear's.
(d) England is going to be conquered by France.
5. Cornwall and Regan administer what punishment to Kent?
(a) They hang him.
(b) They beat him.
(c) They put him in the stocks.
(d) They whip him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edmund have that is supposedly from his brother?
2. What does Kent give to the gentleman to show Cordelia?
3. Why does Edmund want his legitimate brother disinherited?
4. When Cordelia refuses to profess her undying love for her father (the King), what does her father do?
5. What is the name of Edmund's legitimate brother?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)