|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Regan and Goneril tell Lear that he is what type of a man?
2. Kent tells the gentleman of a coming conflict between Albany and Cornwall and asks the gentleman to take the report to where?
3. Edmund is going to betray Gloucester in order to do what?
(a) Get Gloucester's land.
(b) Get married to Cordelia.
(c) Be selfish.
(d) Gain more for himself.
4. What did Goneril's gentleman do that causes King Lear to strike him?
(a) Entering a building before the King.
(b) Refusing one of the knight's requests.
(c) Chiding the King.
(d) Chiding the Fool.
5. What is Edmund going to do in order to assure Gloucester that his brother's intent isn't to hurt Gloucester?
(a) Send someone to spy on Edgar.
(b) Write a letter asking Edgar what his intent is.
(c) Talk with Edgar and report to Gloucester.
(d) Talk with Edgar so that Gloucester can hear them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cornwall and Regan administer what punishment to Kent?
2. What does Edmund have that is supposedly from his brother?
3. The paper Edmund has, which he is going to show to Gloucester as proof of his brother's treachery, says that the older generation should do what with their riches?
4. What room in the house does Act I, Scene 4 take place?
5. Kent comes to King Lear in disguise and offers his services in what position?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)