|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Kent warns the gentleman of the coming conflict between Albany and Cornwall, what are the spies of France doing?
(a) Causing trouble.
(b) Gathering information.
(c) Sowing discord.
2. What are the rumors that Curan tells Edmund?
(a) Rumors of war between the Duke of Cornwall and the Duke of Albany.
(b) Rumors of war between Lear and Burgundy.
(c) Rumors of war between Lear and the Duke of Albany.
(d) Rumors of war between Fance and England.
3. Goneril and Cornwall order Gloucester to do what if Lear returns to the castle?
(a) Not allow him in.
(b) Make sure he doesn't have any servants with him.
(c) Strip him of anything valuable.
(d) Allow him into the stables only.
4. When King Lear gets ready to depart Goneril's house, what is his method of travel?
(a) By foot.
(b) By cart.
(c) On horseback.
(d) By carriage.
5. While Lear is in the storm, who is his only companion?
(b) No one.
(c) The Fool.
Short Answer Questions
1. Curan holds what position in society?
2. What did Oswald's letter from Goneril cause Regan and Cornwall to do?
3. Who protests punishing Kent without the King's consent?
4. King Lear has brought how many servants and knights to stay with Goneril?
5. When Lear sees Kent in the stocks, he asks Kent what question?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)