|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Goneril's goal is to have King Lear go and stay with whom, rather than stay at her house?
(a) His palace.
(b) Her brother's house.
(c) Her sister's house.
(d) His summer palace.
2. Who says: "Thou shouldst not have been old till thou hadst been wise"
(a) The Fool.
(c) King Lear.
3. Which man marries Cordelia even though she doesn't have a dowry?
(a) The King of France.
(b) The Lord of Burgundy.
(c) The Earl of Gloucester.
(d) No one.
4. Edmund is going to betray Gloucester in order to do what?
(a) Be selfish.
(b) Get married to Cordelia.
(c) Get Gloucester's land.
(d) Gain more for himself.
5. Edmund is going to betray Gloucester to whom?
(a) The King.
(b) The Duke.
(c) The knights.
(d) The Earl.
Short Answer Questions
1. The gentleman on the hearth tells Kent that Lear is doing what in the storm?
2. When Lear sees Kent in the stocks, he asks Kent what question?
3. What does Kent give to the gentleman to show Cordelia?
4. Who is Goneril's husband?
5. Where does Act 3, Scene 3 take place?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)