|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Instead of referring to the King by his title, what does Oswald call the king?
(a) My lady's responsibility.
(b) My lady's father.
(c) My lady's relation.
(d) My lady's burden.
2. Edgar hides in what location to escape his pursuers?
(a) In tree branches.
(b) A hollow of a tree.
(c) Under a bush.
(d) An abandoned shack.
3. When King Lear gets ready to depart Goneril's house, what is his method of travel?
(a) By carriage.
(b) By foot.
(c) On horseback.
(d) By cart.
4. When Edmund tells his brother that his father is horribly angry with him, what does Edmund advise his brother to do?
(a) Stay away from Gloucester until he cools off.
(b) Write a letter to Gloucester to explain things.
(c) Leave England until Gloucester cools off.
(d) Go and talk to Gloucester to cool him off.
5. Before leaving Goneril's house, what does the Fool warn King Lear about?
(a) Not to leave Goneril's in haste.
(b) Not to expect better treatment by his other daughter.
(c) To not let Goneril be mad at him.
(d) Not treating people better.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Edmund characterize the belief that people having in the stars and planets ruling their lives?
2. How many suitors does Cordelia have when the King tells them that she will have no dowry?
3. Gloucester orders Edgar captured and killed because Gloucester thinks Edgar did what to Edmund?
4. What are the rumors that Curan tells Edmund?
5. Edmund is going to betray Gloucester in order to do what?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)