|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Edmund want his legitimate brother disinherited?
(a) So that Edmund can inherit everything.
(b) So that Edmund can have all their father's attention.
(c) So that Edmund can sell off all the land.
(d) So that Edmund can live as a nobleman.
2. To aide in his disguise, what does Edgar do for clothing?
(a) Uses old rags.
(b) Doesn't wear anything.
(c) Uses only a blanket.
(d) Uses his old, torn clothing.
3. To aide in his disguise, what does Edgar cover his face with?
4. Gloucester tells Edmund to say what if someone asks about Gloucester?
(a) That Gloucester is not home.
(b) That Gloucester is out of town.
(c) That Gloucester is away.
(d) That Gloucester is sick.
5. Lear says that the weather is not unkind in its actions of a storm because why?
(a) It simply acts as nature will.
(b) It doesn't need any man to be a storm.
(c) It has reason to be stormy.
(d) It has no reason to be obligated to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. The gentleman on the hearth tells Kent that Lear is doing what in the storm?
2. According to Goneril, while King Lear is staying with her, how often does King Lear wrong her?
3. What is the name of the person who stands up for Cordelia when her father disinherits her?
4. Kent repeatedly calls Oswald by what name?
5. What punishment will King Lear's daughters give the Fool for speaking the truth?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)