|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Kent warns the gentleman of the coming conflict between Albany and Cornwall, what are the spies of France doing?
(a) Sowing discord.
(c) Causing trouble.
(d) Gathering information.
2. Where does Act 3, Scene 3 take place?
(a) Gloucester's castle.
(b) Gloucester's courtyard.
(c) Gloucester's stable.
(d) Gloucester's hall.
3. Who are the three speakers in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Gloucester, Edgar, and Edmund.
(b) Edmund Curan, and Gloucester.
(c) Edgar Curan, and Gloucester.
(d) Edmund, Curan, and Edgar.
4. What did Goneril's gentleman do that causes King Lear to strike him?
(a) Chiding the Fool.
(b) Chiding the King.
(c) Refusing one of the knight's requests.
(d) Entering a building before the King.
5. Goneril's goal is to have King Lear go and stay with whom, rather than stay at her house?
(a) Her brother's house.
(b) Her sister's house.
(c) His summer palace.
(d) His palace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "I am a man / More sinned against than sinning" ?
2. Which man marries Cordelia even though she doesn't have a dowry?
3. Who says, "Here's a night pities neither wise man nor fool"?
4. What punishment will King Lear's daughters give the Fool for speaking the truth?
5. In order to escape detection, Edgar decides to disguise himself as what?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)