|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Goneril and Cornwall order Gloucester to do what if Lear returns to the castle?
(a) Allow him into the stables only.
(b) Not allow him in.
(c) Make sure he doesn't have any servants with him.
(d) Strip him of anything valuable.
2. When Edmund tells his brother that his father is horribly angry with him, what does Edmund advise his brother to do?
(a) Write a letter to Gloucester to explain things.
(b) Stay away from Gloucester until he cools off.
(c) Leave England until Gloucester cools off.
(d) Go and talk to Gloucester to cool him off.
3. What are the rumors that Curan tells Edmund?
(a) Rumors of war between Lear and Burgundy.
(b) Rumors of war between Fance and England.
(c) Rumors of war between the Duke of Cornwall and the Duke of Albany.
(d) Rumors of war between Lear and the Duke of Albany.
4. Goneril's goal is to have King Lear go and stay with whom, rather than stay at her house?
(a) His summer palace.
(b) His palace.
(c) Her sister's house.
(d) Her brother's house.
5. Before leaving Goneril's house, what does the Fool warn King Lear about?
(a) Not treating people better.
(b) To not let Goneril be mad at him.
(c) Not to expect better treatment by his other daughter.
(d) Not to leave Goneril's in haste.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lear says that the weather is not unkind in its actions of a storm because why?
2. Why does Edmund want his legitimate brother disinherited?
3. Curan holds what position in society?
4. To aide in his disguise, what does Edgar do for clothing?
5. Instead of referring to the King by his title, what does Oswald call the king?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)