|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gloucester, when mentioning the effect of the stars and planets on relationships, says that these effects have caused King Lear to do what to Cordelia?
(a) Love her.
(b) Send her away.
(c) Turn against her.
(d) Marry her to someone she doesn't like.
2. What room in the house does Act I, Scene 4 take place?
(a) The dining room.
(b) The entrance.
(c) The ballroom.
(d) The hall.
3. How does Edmund characterize the belief that people having in the stars and planets ruling their lives?
(a) As genuine.
(b) As preposterous.
(c) As truth.
(d) As superstitious.
4. Curan holds what position in society?
5. Which character does the line "when old fools are babes again" refer to?
(a) King of France.
(b) The Fool.
(c) Duke of Albany.
(d) King Lear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Goneril's gentleman do that causes King Lear to strike him?
2. How many suitors does Cordelia have when the King tells them that she will have no dowry?
3. Oswald and Kent meet in front of what structure?
4. Where does Act I, Scene 3 take place?
5. Gloucester orders Edgar captured and killed because Gloucester thinks Edgar did what to Edmund?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)