|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lear says that the weather is not unkind in its actions of a storm because why?
(a) It doesn't need any man to be a storm.
(b) It has no reason to be obligated to him.
(c) It simply acts as nature will.
(d) It has reason to be stormy.
2. When Cordelia refuses to profess her undying love for her father (the King), what does her father do?
(a) Her father takes back the jewels.
(b) Her father yells at her.
(c) Her father hits her.
(d) Her father disowns her.
3. While King Lear is staying with Goneril, how does she command her servants to treat the King and his people?
(a) Like royalty.
4. After Lear laments his ungrateful daughters, what begins?
(a) A hurricane.
(c) A storm.
(d) An earthquake.
5. What do Regan and Goneril believe is affecting the King's mind?
(c) Old age.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the first scene, an attendant is carrying a small crown meant for whom?
2. What did Oswald's letter from Goneril cause Regan and Cornwall to do?
3. While King Lear is staying with Goneril, she complains that his knights are doing what?
4. What is the name of the person who stands up for Cordelia when her father disinherits her?
5. Who does Lear say should feel obligation to him?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)