|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gloucester, when mentioning the effect of the stars and planets on relationships, says that these effects have caused King Lear to do what to Cordelia?
(a) Marry her to someone she doesn't like.
(b) Love her.
(c) Turn against her.
(d) Send her away.
2. Gloucester orders Edgar captured and killed because Gloucester thinks Edgar did what to Edmund?
(a) Gloucester thinks Edgar betrayed Edmund.
(b) Gloucester thinks Edgar stabbed Edmund.
(c) Gloucester thinks Edgar killed Edmund.
(d) Gloucester thinks Edgar hurt Edmund.
3. Who are the three speakers in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Edgar Curan, and Gloucester.
(b) Edmund, Curan, and Edgar.
(c) Edmund Curan, and Gloucester.
(d) Gloucester, Edgar, and Edmund.
4. What do Regan and Goneril believe is affecting the King's mind?
(a) Old age.
5. Which man marries Cordelia even though she doesn't have a dowry?
(a) No one.
(b) The King of France.
(c) The Earl of Gloucester.
(d) The Lord of Burgundy.
Short Answer Questions
1. To aide in his disguise, what does Edgar do to his hair?
2. Where does Act 1, Scene 5 take place?
3. During the first scene of Act 3, what are the armies of France ready to do?
4. To whom is Gloucester loyal?
5. When King Lear gets ready to depart Goneril's house, what is his method of travel?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)