|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says: "How sharper than a serpent's tooth it is / To have a thankless child"
(a) The Duke of Burgundy.
(b) The Fool.
(c) King Lear.
2. To aide in his disguise, what does Edgar do for clothing?
(a) Doesn't wear anything.
(b) Uses only a blanket.
(c) Uses old rags.
(d) Uses his old, torn clothing.
3. Who delivers King Lear's letter to his other daughter, while the King is at Goneril's?
(a) A knight.
(c) The Fool.
4. Kent tells the gentleman of a coming conflict between Albany and Cornwall and asks the gentleman to take the report to where?
5. When Lear bemoans his treatment at Goneril's house, what does Regan say?
(a) Regan agrees with Lear.
(b) Regan defends Goneril.
(c) Regan doesn't say anything.
(d) Regan says that she will be different.
Short Answer Questions
1. While King Lear is staying with Goneril, how does she command her servants to treat the King and his people?
2. Edmund cuts his arm with what weapon after he and Edgar pretend to fight?
3. Kent points out that there is a hovel nearby and asks the King to do what?
4. What event caused the Fool to pine away?
5. To aide in his disguise, what does Edgar do to his hair?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)