|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gloucester tells Edmund to say what if someone asks about Gloucester?
(a) That Gloucester is away.
(b) That Gloucester is sick.
(c) That Gloucester is not home.
(d) That Gloucester is out of town.
2. What is the name Edgar uses in place of his own?
(a) Poor Tom.
(b) Poor Man.
(c) Poor Thomas.
(d) Poor Kent.
3. Gloucester orders Edgar captured and killed because Gloucester thinks Edgar did what to Edmund?
(a) Gloucester thinks Edgar killed Edmund.
(b) Gloucester thinks Edgar stabbed Edmund.
(c) Gloucester thinks Edgar betrayed Edmund.
(d) Gloucester thinks Edgar hurt Edmund.
4. Who are the three speakers in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Edmund Curan, and Gloucester.
(b) Edmund, Curan, and Edgar.
(c) Edgar Curan, and Gloucester.
(d) Gloucester, Edgar, and Edmund.
5. What does Oswald say after Kent draws his sword?
(a) Help, ho! Sword is drawn!
(b) Help, ho! My life be spared!
(c) Help, ho! Leave me be!
(d) Help, ho! Murderer, Murderer!
Short Answer Questions
1. Gloucester, when mentioning the effect of the stars and planets on relationships, says that these effects have caused King Lear to do what to Cordelia?
2. The paper Edmund has, which he is going to show to Gloucester as proof of his brother's treachery, says that the older generation should do what with their riches?
3. When King Lear announces that he is retiring, what does he want to do with his lands?
4. Edmund is going to betray Gloucester to whom?
5. Kent repeatedly calls Oswald by what name?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)