|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Edmund's legitimate brother?
2. What room in the house does Act I, Scene 4 take place?
(a) The ballroom.
(b) The hall.
(c) The entrance.
(d) The dining room.
3. What did Goneril's gentleman do that causes King Lear to strike him?
(a) Refusing one of the knight's requests.
(b) Chiding the King.
(c) Chiding the Fool.
(d) Entering a building before the King.
4. What sound precedes the King's entrance into a scene?
(b) A herald's announcement.
5. Edmund tells his brother that he fears someone has turned Gloucester against him and then tells his brother to do what?
(a) Arm himself.
(b) Leave quickly.
(c) Issue a challenge.
(d) Find out who the informant is.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is King Lear going to go when he leaves Goneril's house?
2. What punishment will King Lear's daughters give the Fool for speaking the truth?
3. Who says: "How sharper than a serpent's tooth it is / To have a thankless child"
4. What event caused the Fool to pine away?
5. When King Lear gets ready to depart Goneril's house, what is his method of travel?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)