|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oswald say after Kent draws his sword?
(a) Help, ho! Murderer, Murderer!
(b) Help, ho! Sword is drawn!
(c) Help, ho! My life be spared!
(d) Help, ho! Leave me be!
2. The paper Edmund has, which he is going to show to Gloucester as proof of his brother's treachery, says that the older generation should do what with their riches?
(a) Use them to benefit their children.
(b) Hold onto them.
(c) Give them to the poor.
(d) Give them to the younger men.
3. How does Edmund characterize the belief that people having in the stars and planets ruling their lives?
(a) As preposterous.
(b) As genuine.
(c) As superstitious.
(d) As truth.
4. How many suitors does Cordelia have when the King tells them that she will have no dowry?
5. When Lear sees Kent in the stocks, he asks Kent what question?
(a) He asks if Kent hurt anyone.
(b) He asks if Kent has slept.
(c) He asks if Kent is amusing himself.
(d) He asks if Kent likes being in the stocks.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Kent says: "but you have that in your countenance which I would fain call master," what quality is he referring to?
2. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
3. Who is Goneril's husband?
4. How many of King Lear's daughters are married?
5. Where is King Lear going to go when he leaves Goneril's house?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)