|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name Edgar uses in place of his own?
(a) Poor Thomas.
(b) Poor Man.
(c) Poor Tom.
(d) Poor Kent.
2. When Lear bemoans his treatment at Goneril's house, what does Regan say?
(a) Regan doesn't say anything.
(b) Regan agrees with Lear.
(c) Regan defends Goneril.
(d) Regan says that she will be different.
3. What are the rumors that Curan tells Edmund?
(a) Rumors of war between Lear and Burgundy.
(b) Rumors of war between the Duke of Cornwall and the Duke of Albany.
(c) Rumors of war between Lear and the Duke of Albany.
(d) Rumors of war between Fance and England.
4. While King Lear is staying with Goneril, she complains that his knights are doing what?
(a) Interfering with her household.
(b) Causing problems with the children.
(c) Eating too much food.
(d) Taking up too much space.
5. Curan holds what position in society?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Kent ask to "turn thy wheel"?
2. Gloucester blames the effects of what for affecting relationships?
3. What event caused the Fool to pine away?
4. In the first scene, an attendant is carrying a small crown meant for whom?
5. Why does Edmund want his legitimate brother disinherited?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)