|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many suitors does Cordelia have when the King tells them that she will have no dowry?
2. Who are the three speakers in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Gloucester, Edgar, and Edmund.
(b) Edgar Curan, and Gloucester.
(c) Edmund, Curan, and Edgar.
(d) Edmund Curan, and Gloucester.
3. In Act I, Scene 3, what are the names of the characters who speak?
(a) Goneril, Oswald, and King Lear.
(b) Goneril and Oswald.
(c) King Lear and Goneril.
(d) King Lear and Oswald.
4. When Cordelia refuses to profess her undying love for her father (the King), what does her father do?
(a) Her father disowns her.
(b) Her father takes back the jewels.
(c) Her father hits her.
(d) Her father yells at her.
5. When King Lear gets ready to depart Goneril's house, what is his method of travel?
(a) By carriage.
(b) On horseback.
(c) By foot.
(d) By cart.
Short Answer Questions
1. In order to escape detection, Edgar decides to disguise himself as what?
2. What room in the house does Act I, Scene 4 take place?
3. In the first scene, an attendant is carrying a small crown meant for whom?
4. How much love does Cordelia say she will give her husband?
5. To aide in his disguise, what does Edgar do for clothing?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)