|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Goneril and Cornwall order Gloucester to do what if Lear returns to the castle?
(a) Strip him of anything valuable.
(b) Make sure he doesn't have any servants with him.
(c) Not allow him in.
(d) Allow him into the stables only.
2. When King Lear gets ready to depart Goneril's house, what is his method of travel?
(a) On horseback.
(b) By carriage.
(c) By cart.
(d) By foot.
3. Edmund cuts his arm with what weapon after he and Edgar pretend to fight?
(a) A knife.
(b) An arrow.
(c) A dagger.
(d) A sword.
4. After Lear laments his ungrateful daughters, what begins?
(a) An earthquake.
(c) A hurricane.
(d) A storm.
5. What did Goneril's gentleman do that causes King Lear to strike him?
(a) Refusing one of the knight's requests.
(b) Chiding the King.
(c) Entering a building before the King.
(d) Chiding the Fool.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Kent says: "but you have that in your countenance which I would fain call master," what quality is he referring to?
2. What punishment will King Lear give to the Fool for lying?
3. What sound precedes the King's entrance into a scene?
4. Who says: "Thou shouldst not have been old till thou hadst been wise"
5. Who is Goneril's husband?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)