|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act I, Scene 3, what are the names of the characters who speak?
(a) King Lear and Goneril.
(b) Goneril, Oswald, and King Lear.
(c) King Lear and Oswald.
(d) Goneril and Oswald.
2. When Edmund tells his brother that his father is horribly angry with him, what does Edmund advise his brother to do?
(a) Leave England until Gloucester cools off.
(b) Write a letter to Gloucester to explain things.
(c) Stay away from Gloucester until he cools off.
(d) Go and talk to Gloucester to cool him off.
3. What is Edmund going to do in order to assure Gloucester that his brother's intent isn't to hurt Gloucester?
(a) Write a letter asking Edgar what his intent is.
(b) Talk with Edgar so that Gloucester can hear them.
(c) Send someone to spy on Edgar.
(d) Talk with Edgar and report to Gloucester.
4. Oswald and Kent meet in front of what structure?
(a) Albany's stable.
(b) Albany's castle.
(c) Gloucester's stable.
(d) Gloucester's castle.
5. To aide in his disguise, what does Edgar cover his face with?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
2. What event caused the Fool to pine away?
3. Who says: "How sharper than a serpent's tooth it is / To have a thankless child"
4. Who delivers King Lear's letter to his other daughter, while the King is at Goneril's?
5. Who protests punishing Kent without the King's consent?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)