|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Fool calls King Lear a fool for doing what?
(a) Leaving his palace.
(b) Giving away his lands.
(c) Searching for the Fool.
(d) Hitting Oswald.
2. Oswald is what relation to Goneril?
(a) Her steward.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her son.
3. What is Edmund going to do in order to assure Gloucester that his brother's intent isn't to hurt Gloucester?
(a) Talk with Edgar and report to Gloucester.
(b) Talk with Edgar so that Gloucester can hear them.
(c) Write a letter asking Edgar what his intent is.
(d) Send someone to spy on Edgar.
4. After Lear laments his ungrateful daughters, what begins?
(a) A hurricane.
(b) A storm.
(d) An earthquake.
5. When Cordelia refuses to profess her undying love for her father (the King), what does her father do?
(a) Her father disowns her.
(b) Her father takes back the jewels.
(c) Her father hits her.
(d) Her father yells at her.
Short Answer Questions
1. To aide in his disguise, what does Edgar do to his hair?
2. Who does Kent ask to "turn thy wheel"?
3. What is the name Edgar uses in place of his own?
4. When King Lear announces that he is retiring, what does he want to do with his lands?
5. The paper Edmund has, which he is going to show to Gloucester as proof of his brother's treachery, says that the older generation should do what with their riches?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)