|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Lear laments his ungrateful daughters, what begins?
(b) A storm.
(c) A hurricane.
(d) An earthquake.
2. To aide in his disguise, what does Edgar do to his hair?
(a) He rubs mud in it.
(b) He knots it.
(c) He shaves it all off.
(d) He cuts it.
3. Kent comes to King Lear in disguise and offers his services in what position?
(a) An advisor.
(b) A servant.
(c) A fighter.
(d) A nobleman.
4. When King Lear gets ready to depart Goneril's house, what is his method of travel?
(a) By carriage.
(b) By foot.
(c) On horseback.
(d) By cart.
5. What is the name Edgar uses in place of his own?
(a) Poor Thomas.
(b) Poor Man.
(c) Poor Kent.
(d) Poor Tom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What room in the house does Act I, Scene 4 take place?
2. How much love does Cordelia say she will give her husband?
3. Gloucester blames the effects of what for affecting relationships?
4. What does Oswald say after Kent draws his sword?
5. Edgar hides in what location to escape his pursuers?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)