|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What room in the house does Act I, Scene 4 take place?
(a) The ballroom.
(b) The hall.
(c) The entrance.
(d) The dining room.
2. When Cordelia refuses to profess her undying love for her father (the King), what does her father do?
(a) Her father hits her.
(b) Her father yells at her.
(c) Her father disowns her.
(d) Her father takes back the jewels.
3. When King Lear announces that he is retiring, what does he want to do with his lands?
(a) Give them equally to his son-in-laws.
(b) Reward his youngest daughter with the lands.
(c) Choose one of his daughters to be Queen.
(d) Divide them equally amongst his daughters.
4. Gloucester orders Edgar captured and killed because Gloucester thinks Edgar did what to Edmund?
(a) Gloucester thinks Edgar killed Edmund.
(b) Gloucester thinks Edgar stabbed Edmund.
(c) Gloucester thinks Edgar hurt Edmund.
(d) Gloucester thinks Edgar betrayed Edmund.
5. Oswald is what relation to Goneril?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her steward.
(d) Her cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Curan holds what position in society?
2. What punishment will King Lear give to the Fool for lying?
3. When Kent says: "but you have that in your countenance which I would fain call master," what quality is he referring to?
4. What sound precedes the King's entrance into a scene?
5. How many of King Lear's daughters are married?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)