|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Kent says: "but you have that in your countenance which I would fain call master," what quality is he referring to?
2. What is the name of the person who stands up for Cordelia when her father disinherits her?
3. Cornwall and Regan administer what punishment to Kent?
(a) They put him in the stocks.
(b) They beat him.
(c) They whip him.
(d) They hang him.
4. Before leaving Goneril's house, what does the Fool warn King Lear about?
(a) To not let Goneril be mad at him.
(b) Not to leave Goneril's in haste.
(c) Not to expect better treatment by his other daughter.
(d) Not treating people better.
5. Goneril and Cornwall order Gloucester to do what if Lear returns to the castle?
(a) Make sure he doesn't have any servants with him.
(b) Allow him into the stables only.
(c) Not allow him in.
(d) Strip him of anything valuable.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Edmund characterize the belief that people having in the stars and planets ruling their lives?
2. When Lear bemoans his treatment at Goneril's house, what does Regan say?
3. What punishment will King Lear give to the Fool for lying?
4. Where is King Lear going to go when he leaves Goneril's house?
5. What punishment will King Lear's daughters give the Fool for speaking the truth?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)