|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lear sees Kent in the stocks, he asks Kent what question?
(a) He asks if Kent hurt anyone.
(b) He asks if Kent likes being in the stocks.
(c) He asks if Kent is amusing himself.
(d) He asks if Kent has slept.
2. What is the name of Edmund's legitimate brother?
3. Edmund cuts his arm with what weapon after he and Edgar pretend to fight?
(a) A knife.
(b) A sword.
(c) A dagger.
(d) An arrow.
4. How much love does Cordelia say she will give her husband?
(a) All her love.
(b) Some of her love.
(c) Half her love.
(d) None of her love.
5. The paper Edmund has, which he is going to show to Gloucester as proof of his brother's treachery, says that the older generation should do what with their riches?
(a) Use them to benefit their children.
(b) Hold onto them.
(c) Give them to the younger men.
(d) Give them to the poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of King Lear's daughters are married?
2. After Lear laments his ungrateful daughters, what begins?
3. Where does Act I, Scene 3 take place?
4. Who does Kent ask to "turn thy wheel"?
5. What did Oswald's letter from Goneril cause Regan and Cornwall to do?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)