|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of King Lear's daughters are married?
2. In the first scene, an attendant is carrying a small crown meant for whom?
(d) The Queen.
3. Where is King Lear going to go when he leaves Goneril's house?
(a) His summer home.
(c) His palace.
(d) Regan's house.
4. Before leaving Goneril's house, what does the Fool warn King Lear about?
(a) Not to leave Goneril's in haste.
(b) Not to expect better treatment by his other daughter.
(c) To not let Goneril be mad at him.
(d) Not treating people better.
5. When Kent says: "but you have that in your countenance which I would fain call master," what quality is he referring to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Instead of referring to the King by his title, what does Oswald call the king?
2. What punishment will King Lear's daughters give the Fool for speaking the truth?
3. Edmund cuts his arm with what weapon after he and Edgar pretend to fight?
4. When Lear sees Kent in the stocks, he asks Kent what question?
5. What event caused the Fool to pine away?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)