|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Instead of referring to the King by his title, what does Oswald call the king?
(a) My lady's father.
(b) My lady's burden.
(c) My lady's responsibility.
(d) My lady's relation.
2. Who protests punishing Kent without the King's consent?
3. After Lear laments his ungrateful daughters, what begins?
(a) A hurricane.
(c) A storm.
(d) An earthquake.
4. While King Lear is staying with Goneril, how does she command her servants to treat the King and his people?
(d) Like royalty.
5. Which character does the line "when old fools are babes again" refer to?
(a) King Lear.
(b) Duke of Albany.
(c) The Fool.
(d) King of France.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the first scene, an attendant is carrying a small crown meant for whom?
2. Who is Edmund's father?
3. Where does Act 1, Scene 5 take place?
4. King Lear has brought how many servants and knights to stay with Goneril?
5. While King Lear is staying with Goneril, she complains that his knights are doing what?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)