|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Lear laments his ungrateful daughters, what begins?
(b) An earthquake.
(c) A storm.
(d) A hurricane.
2. Instead of referring to the King by his title, what does Oswald call the king?
(a) My lady's father.
(b) My lady's relation.
(c) My lady's burden.
(d) My lady's responsibility.
3. Where does Act I, Scene 3 take place?
(a) The King's palace.
(b) Goneril's summer home.
(c) The Duke of Albany's palace.
(d) The Duke of Burgundy's palace.
4. When Lear sees Kent in the stocks, he asks Kent what question?
(a) He asks if Kent has slept.
(b) He asks if Kent likes being in the stocks.
(c) He asks if Kent hurt anyone.
(d) He asks if Kent is amusing himself.
5. Which man marries Cordelia even though she doesn't have a dowry?
(a) The Lord of Burgundy.
(b) No one.
(c) The King of France.
(d) The Earl of Gloucester.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the three speakers in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. Which character does the line "when old fools are babes again" refer to?
3. What punishment will King Lear's daughters give the Fool for speaking the truth?
4. King Lear is trying to find his fool who has been missing for how long?
5. If Edmund cannot get his brother disinherited, how much of his father's inheritance will Edmund inherit?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)