|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Act 1, Scene 5 take place?
(a) In the upstairs of the Duke of Albany's palace.
(b) In the hall of the Duke of Albany's palace.
(c) In the stable of the Duke of Albany's palace.
(d) In the court before the Duke of Albany's palace.
2. According to Goneril, while King Lear is staying with her, how often does King Lear wrong her?
(a) Day and night and every hour.
(b) At least once an hour.
(c) During the day with the demands of his followers.
(d) At mealtimes with his demands.
3. What does Oswald say after Kent draws his sword?
(a) Help, ho! Leave me be!
(b) Help, ho! My life be spared!
(c) Help, ho! Sword is drawn!
(d) Help, ho! Murderer, Murderer!
4. What did Goneril's gentleman do that causes King Lear to strike him?
(a) Chiding the Fool.
(b) Entering a building before the King.
(c) Chiding the King.
(d) Refusing one of the knight's requests.
5. What is the name of Edmund's legitimate brother?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Edmund characterize the belief that people having in the stars and planets ruling their lives?
2. What did Oswald's letter from Goneril cause Regan and Cornwall to do?
3. Gloucester blames the effects of what for affecting relationships?
4. Curan holds what position in society?
5. What is Edmund going to do in order to assure Gloucester that his brother's intent isn't to hurt Gloucester?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)