|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before leaving Goneril's house, what does the Fool warn King Lear about?
(a) Not to expect better treatment by his other daughter.
(b) To not let Goneril be mad at him.
(c) Not to leave Goneril's in haste.
(d) Not treating people better.
2. When Lear bemoans his treatment at Goneril's house, what does Regan say?
(a) Regan says that she will be different.
(b) Regan doesn't say anything.
(c) Regan agrees with Lear.
(d) Regan defends Goneril.
3. By what title does Oswald refer to Goneril as in Act I, Scene 3?
4. What is the name of Edmund's legitimate brother?
5. In order to escape detection, Edgar decides to disguise himself as what?
(a) A carpenter.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A madman.
(d) A servant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event caused the Fool to pine away?
2. When Cordelia refuses to profess her undying love for her father (the King), what does her father do?
3. What does Oswald say after Kent draws his sword?
4. Who says: "Thou shouldst not have been old till thou hadst been wise"
5. Who is Goneril's husband?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)