|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says: "How sharper than a serpent's tooth it is / To have a thankless child"
(a) The Fool.
(b) King Lear.
(c) The Duke of Burgundy.
2. King Lear has brought how many servants and knights to stay with Goneril?
(a) Three hundred.
(b) One hundred.
(c) Two hundred.
(d) Four hundred.
3. How does Edmund characterize the belief that people having in the stars and planets ruling their lives?
(a) As truth.
(b) As preposterous.
(c) As superstitious.
(d) As genuine.
4. Goneril and Regan believe that the King's banishment of the man who defended Cordelia against being disinherited was what?
5. What are the rumors that Curan tells Edmund?
(a) Rumors of war between Lear and Burgundy.
(b) Rumors of war between Lear and the Duke of Albany.
(c) Rumors of war between the Duke of Cornwall and the Duke of Albany.
(d) Rumors of war between Fance and England.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much love does Cordelia say she will give her husband?
2. Who delivers King Lear's letter to his other daughter, while the King is at Goneril's?
3. When King Lear gets ready to depart Goneril's house, what is his method of travel?
4. To aide in his disguise, what does Edgar do to his hair?
5. Kent comes to King Lear in disguise and offers his services in what position?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)