|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gloucester, when mentioning the effect of the stars and planets on relationships, says that these effects have caused King Lear to do what to Cordelia?
(a) Send her away.
(b) Love her.
(c) Turn against her.
(d) Marry her to someone she doesn't like.
2. How many of King Lear's daughters are married?
3. What are the rumors that Curan tells Edmund?
(a) Rumors of war between the Duke of Cornwall and the Duke of Albany.
(b) Rumors of war between Lear and Burgundy.
(c) Rumors of war between Fance and England.
(d) Rumors of war between Lear and the Duke of Albany.
4. Before leaving Goneril's house, what does the Fool warn King Lear about?
(a) Not to leave Goneril's in haste.
(b) Not to expect better treatment by his other daughter.
(c) To not let Goneril be mad at him.
(d) Not treating people better.
5. To aide in his disguise, what does Edgar do for clothing?
(a) Uses only a blanket.
(b) Uses old rags.
(c) Uses his old, torn clothing.
(d) Doesn't wear anything.
Short Answer Questions
1. Edgar hides in what location to escape his pursuers?
2. After Lear laments his ungrateful daughters, what begins?
3. Why does Edmund want his legitimate brother disinherited?
4. In Act I, Scene 3, what are the names of the characters who speak?
5. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)