|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What punishment will King Lear give to the Fool for lying?
(a) Dismissal as Fool.
(b) A whipping.
(c) A caning.
2. Who says: "Thou shouldst not have been old till thou hadst been wise"
(a) The Fool.
(d) King Lear.
3. While King Lear is staying with Goneril, how does she command her servants to treat the King and his people?
(d) Like royalty.
4. Where is King Lear going to go when he leaves Goneril's house?
(a) His summer home.
(b) Regan's house.
(d) His palace.
5. Gloucester blames the effects of what for affecting relationships?
(a) The eclipses.
(b) The planets.
(c) The moon.
(d) The stars.
Short Answer Questions
1. If Edmund cannot get his brother disinherited, how much of his father's inheritance will Edmund inherit?
2. When Edmund tells his brother that his father is horribly angry with him, what does Edmund advise his brother to do?
3. While King Lear is staying with Goneril, she complains that his knights are doing what?
4. By what title does Oswald refer to Goneril as in Act I, Scene 3?
5. According to Goneril, while King Lear is staying with her, how often does King Lear wrong her?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)