|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Goneril's goal is to have King Lear go and stay with whom, rather than stay at her house?
(a) Her sister's house.
(b) His palace.
(c) His summer palace.
(d) Her brother's house.
2. By what title does Oswald refer to Goneril as in Act I, Scene 3?
3. In the first scene, an attendant is carrying a small crown meant for whom?
(d) The Queen.
4. What punishment will King Lear give to the Fool for lying?
(a) A whipping.
(b) A caning.
(d) Dismissal as Fool.
5. What does Edmund have that is supposedly from his brother?
(a) A book.
(b) A seal.
(c) A letter.
(d) A ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. When King Lear announces that he is retiring, what does he want to do with his lands?
2. What are the rumors that Curan tells Edmund?
3. What do Regan and Goneril believe is affecting the King's mind?
4. What is the name of the person who stands up for Cordelia when her father disinherits her?
5. What punishment will King Lear's daughters give the Fool for speaking the truth?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)