|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edmund have that is supposedly from his brother?
(a) A seal.
(b) A book.
(c) A ring.
(d) A letter.
2. The Fool calls King Lear a fool for doing what?
(a) Leaving his palace.
(b) Searching for the Fool.
(c) Hitting Oswald.
(d) Giving away his lands.
3. According to Goneril, while King Lear is staying with her, how often does King Lear wrong her?
(a) At mealtimes with his demands.
(b) At least once an hour.
(c) During the day with the demands of his followers.
(d) Day and night and every hour.
4. Who says: "Thou shouldst not have been old till thou hadst been wise"
(c) The Fool.
(d) King Lear.
5. What are the rumors that Curan tells Edmund?
(a) Rumors of war between the Duke of Cornwall and the Duke of Albany.
(b) Rumors of war between Lear and the Duke of Albany.
(c) Rumors of war between Fance and England.
(d) Rumors of war between Lear and Burgundy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Goneril's goal is to have King Lear go and stay with whom, rather than stay at her house?
2. How many daughters does King Lear have?
3. Gloucester orders Edgar captured and killed because Gloucester thinks Edgar did what to Edmund?
4. Kent comes to King Lear in disguise and offers his services in what position?
5. If Edmund cannot get his brother disinherited, how much of his father's inheritance will Edmund inherit?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)