|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Edmund want his legitimate brother disinherited?
(a) So that Edmund can sell off all the land.
(b) So that Edmund can inherit everything.
(c) So that Edmund can have all their father's attention.
(d) So that Edmund can live as a nobleman.
2. How many suitors does Cordelia have when the King tells them that she will have no dowry?
3. Edmund cuts his arm with what weapon after he and Edgar pretend to fight?
(a) A dagger.
(b) A knife.
(c) A sword.
(d) An arrow.
4. Curan holds what position in society?
5. Gloucester, when mentioning the effect of the stars and planets on relationships, says that these effects have caused King Lear to do what to Cordelia?
(a) Turn against her.
(b) Marry her to someone she doesn't like.
(c) Love her.
(d) Send her away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Oswald is what relation to Goneril?
2. Who is Edmund's father?
3. Who is the protagonist in the play?
4. What does Edmund have that is supposedly from his brother?
5. What sound precedes the King's entrance into a scene?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)