|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If Edmund cannot get his brother disinherited, how much of his father's inheritance will Edmund inherit?
2. Gloucester orders Edgar captured and killed because Gloucester thinks Edgar did what to Edmund?
(a) Gloucester thinks Edgar killed Edmund.
(b) Gloucester thinks Edgar betrayed Edmund.
(c) Gloucester thinks Edgar stabbed Edmund.
(d) Gloucester thinks Edgar hurt Edmund.
3. By what title does Oswald refer to Goneril as in Act I, Scene 3?
4. How many suitors does Cordelia have when the King tells them that she will have no dowry?
5. What is Edmund going to do in order to assure Gloucester that his brother's intent isn't to hurt Gloucester?
(a) Talk with Edgar so that Gloucester can hear them.
(b) Send someone to spy on Edgar.
(c) Write a letter asking Edgar what his intent is.
(d) Talk with Edgar and report to Gloucester.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Fool calls King Lear a fool for doing what?
2. Who delivers King Lear's letter to his other daughter, while the King is at Goneril's?
3. What do Regan and Goneril believe is affecting the King's mind?
4. When Cordelia refuses to profess her undying love for her father (the King), what does her father do?
5. In Act I, Scene 3, what are the names of the characters who speak?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)