|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kent comes to King Lear in disguise and offers his services in what position?
(a) A fighter.
(b) A servant.
(c) An advisor.
(d) A nobleman.
2. Gloucester orders Edgar captured and killed because Gloucester thinks Edgar did what to Edmund?
(a) Gloucester thinks Edgar betrayed Edmund.
(b) Gloucester thinks Edgar hurt Edmund.
(c) Gloucester thinks Edgar stabbed Edmund.
(d) Gloucester thinks Edgar killed Edmund.
3. In the first scene, an attendant is carrying a small crown meant for whom?
(d) The Queen.
4. What does Edmund have that is supposedly from his brother?
(a) A letter.
(b) A book.
(c) A seal.
(d) A ring.
5. Which man marries Cordelia even though she doesn't have a dowry?
(a) No one.
(b) The Lord of Burgundy.
(c) The Earl of Gloucester.
(d) The King of France.
Short Answer Questions
1. King Lear is trying to find his fool who has been missing for how long?
2. How many of King Lear's daughters are married?
3. If Edmund cannot get his brother disinherited, how much of his father's inheritance will Edmund inherit?
4. Before leaving Goneril's house, what does the Fool warn King Lear about?
5. Instead of referring to the King by his title, what does Oswald call the king?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)