|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says: "Thou shouldst not have been old till thou hadst been wise"
(a) King Lear.
(b) The Fool.
2. King Lear has brought how many servants and knights to stay with Goneril?
(a) Three hundred.
(b) Four hundred.
(c) Two hundred.
(d) One hundred.
3. What does Edmund have that is supposedly from his brother?
(a) A ring.
(b) A seal.
(c) A letter.
(d) A book.
4. Kent comes to King Lear in disguise and offers his services in what position?
(a) A servant.
(b) A fighter.
(c) A nobleman.
(d) An advisor.
5. Who is Gloucester's illegitimate son?
Short Answer Questions
1. What event caused the Fool to pine away?
2. What punishment will King Lear's daughters give the Fool for speaking the truth?
3. Where does Act 1, Scene 5 take place?
4. How many daughters does King Lear have?
5. What is the name of Edmund's legitimate brother?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)