|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If Edmund cannot get his brother disinherited, how much of his father's inheritance will Edmund inherit?
2. Goneril and Regan believe that the King's banishment of the man who defended Cordelia against being disinherited was what?
3. What punishment will King Lear give to the Fool for lying?
(a) Dismissal as Fool.
(b) A caning.
(d) A whipping.
4. When Kent says: "but you have that in your countenance which I would fain call master," what quality is he referring to?
5. Gloucester blames the effects of what for affecting relationships?
(a) The eclipses.
(b) The moon.
(c) The planets.
(d) The stars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Goneril's gentleman do that causes King Lear to strike him?
2. What does Edmund have that is supposedly from his brother?
3. While King Lear is staying with Goneril, she complains that his knights are doing what?
4. Edmund cuts his arm with what weapon after he and Edgar pretend to fight?
5. Where does Act I, Scene 3 take place?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)