|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
(a) Lear's castle.
(b) Goneril's castle.
(c) Albany's castle.
(d) Gloucester's castle.
2. What does Edmund have that is supposedly from his brother?
(a) A seal.
(b) A ring.
(c) A book.
(d) A letter.
3. Why does Edmund want his legitimate brother disinherited?
(a) So that Edmund can sell off all the land.
(b) So that Edmund can have all their father's attention.
(c) So that Edmund can inherit everything.
(d) So that Edmund can live as a nobleman.
4. While King Lear is staying with Goneril, how does she command her servants to treat the King and his people?
(b) Like royalty.
5. Who are the three speakers in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Edgar Curan, and Gloucester.
(b) Edmund, Curan, and Edgar.
(c) Edmund Curan, and Gloucester.
(d) Gloucester, Edgar, and Edmund.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who delivers King Lear's letter to his other daughter, while the King is at Goneril's?
2. Who is the protagonist in the play?
3. Who says: "Thou shouldst not have been old till thou hadst been wise"
4. Where is King Lear going to go when he leaves Goneril's house?
5. King Lear is trying to find his fool who has been missing for how long?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)