|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Edmund's legitimate brother?
2. If Edmund cannot get his brother disinherited, how much of his father's inheritance will Edmund inherit?
3. Instead of referring to the King by his title, what does Oswald call the king?
(a) My lady's responsibility.
(b) My lady's burden.
(c) My lady's father.
(d) My lady's relation.
4. The Fool calls King Lear a fool for doing what?
(a) Giving away his lands.
(b) Leaving his palace.
(c) Hitting Oswald.
(d) Searching for the Fool.
5. In Act I, Scene 3, what are the names of the characters who speak?
(a) King Lear and Goneril.
(b) King Lear and Oswald.
(c) Goneril and Oswald.
(d) Goneril, Oswald, and King Lear.
Short Answer Questions
1. Curan holds what position in society?
2. Gloucester, when mentioning the effect of the stars and planets on relationships, says that these effects have caused King Lear to do what to Cordelia?
3. While King Lear is staying with Goneril, she complains that his knights are doing what?
4. Who says: "Thou shouldst not have been old till thou hadst been wise"
5. What does Edmund have that is supposedly from his brother?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)