|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event caused the Fool to pine away?
(a) Cordelia not professing her love for the King.
(b) The King going to Goneril's home.
(c) The King leaving his palace.
(d) Cordelia leaving for France.
2. Gloucester, when mentioning the effect of the stars and planets on relationships, says that these effects have caused King Lear to do what to Cordelia?
(a) Turn against her.
(b) Marry her to someone she doesn't like.
(c) Love her.
(d) Send her away.
3. In Act I, Scene 3, what are the names of the characters who speak?
(a) Goneril, Oswald, and King Lear.
(b) King Lear and Oswald.
(c) King Lear and Goneril.
(d) Goneril and Oswald.
4. Goneril and Regan believe that the King's banishment of the man who defended Cordelia against being disinherited was what?
5. What are the rumors that Curan tells Edmund?
(a) Rumors of war between Fance and England.
(b) Rumors of war between Lear and the Duke of Albany.
(c) Rumors of war between the Duke of Cornwall and the Duke of Albany.
(d) Rumors of war between Lear and Burgundy.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Cordelia refuses to profess her undying love for her father (the King), what does her father do?
2. What do Regan and Goneril believe is affecting the King's mind?
3. If Edmund cannot get his brother disinherited, how much of his father's inheritance will Edmund inherit?
4. Goneril's goal is to have King Lear go and stay with whom, rather than stay at her house?
5. By what title does Oswald refer to Goneril as in Act I, Scene 3?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)