|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Gloucester's illegitimate son?
2. Gloucester orders Edgar captured and killed because Gloucester thinks Edgar did what to Edmund?
(a) Gloucester thinks Edgar betrayed Edmund.
(b) Gloucester thinks Edgar hurt Edmund.
(c) Gloucester thinks Edgar stabbed Edmund.
(d) Gloucester thinks Edgar killed Edmund.
3. What sound precedes the King's entrance into a scene?
(d) A herald's announcement.
4. Where does Act I, Scene 3 take place?
(a) The King's palace.
(b) Goneril's summer home.
(c) The Duke of Burgundy's palace.
(d) The Duke of Albany's palace.
5. What punishment will King Lear give to the Fool for lying?
(a) Dismissal as Fool.
(b) A whipping.
(d) A caning.
Short Answer Questions
1. If Edmund cannot get his brother disinherited, how much of his father's inheritance will Edmund inherit?
2. What is the name of the person who stands up for Cordelia when her father disinherits her?
3. Which man marries Cordelia even though she doesn't have a dowry?
4. Goneril and Regan believe that the King's banishment of the man who defended Cordelia against being disinherited was what?
5. Where is King Lear going to go when he leaves Goneril's house?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)