|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Oswald is what relation to Goneril?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her steward.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her son.
2. While King Lear is staying with Goneril, she complains that his knights are doing what?
(a) Interfering with her household.
(b) Causing problems with the children.
(c) Taking up too much space.
(d) Eating too much food.
3. Who says: "Thou shouldst not have been old till thou hadst been wise"
(a) King Lear.
(c) The Fool.
4. Who is the protagonist in the play?
(b) Duke of Cornwall.
(d) King Lear.
5. What is the name of Edmund's legitimate brother?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Edmund tells his brother that his father is horribly angry with him, what does Edmund advise his brother to do?
2. In the first scene, an attendant is carrying a small crown meant for whom?
3. When Kent says: "but you have that in your countenance which I would fain call master," what quality is he referring to?
4. Gloucester orders Edgar captured and killed because Gloucester thinks Edgar did what to Edmund?
5. Who says: "How sharper than a serpent's tooth it is / To have a thankless child"
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)