|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Goneril and Regan believe that the King's banishment of the man who defended Cordelia against being disinherited was what?
2. Which man marries Cordelia even though she doesn't have a dowry?
(a) The Lord of Burgundy.
(b) The King of France.
(c) The Earl of Gloucester.
(d) No one.
3. What does Edmund have that is supposedly from his brother?
(a) A letter.
(b) A book.
(c) A seal.
(d) A ring.
4. King Lear is trying to find his fool who has been missing for how long?
(a) Three days.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Two days.
5. The Fool calls King Lear a fool for doing what?
(a) Searching for the Fool.
(b) Hitting Oswald.
(c) Leaving his palace.
(d) Giving away his lands.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act I, Scene 3, what are the names of the characters who speak?
2. In the first scene, an attendant is carrying a small crown meant for whom?
3. King Lear has brought how many servants and knights to stay with Goneril?
4. Why does Edmund want his legitimate brother disinherited?
5. Gloucester, when mentioning the effect of the stars and planets on relationships, says that these effects have caused King Lear to do what to Cordelia?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)