|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Gloucester's illegitimate son?
2. What do Regan and Goneril believe is affecting the King's mind?
(a) Old age.
3. King Lear has brought how many servants and knights to stay with Goneril?
(a) Two hundred.
(b) One hundred.
(c) Four hundred.
(d) Three hundred.
4. Which man marries Cordelia even though she doesn't have a dowry?
(a) The King of France.
(b) No one.
(c) The Lord of Burgundy.
(d) The Earl of Gloucester.
5. Kent comes to King Lear in disguise and offers his services in what position?
(a) A servant.
(b) A nobleman.
(c) An advisor.
(d) A fighter.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Edmund tells his brother that his father is horribly angry with him, what does Edmund advise his brother to do?
2. When King Lear announces that he is retiring, what does he want to do with his lands?
3. What did Goneril's gentleman do that causes King Lear to strike him?
4. While King Lear is staying with Goneril, she complains that his knights are doing what?
5. Edmund tells his brother that he fears someone has turned Gloucester against him and then tells his brother to do what?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)