|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When King Lear announces that he is retiring, what does he want to do with his lands?
(a) Give them equally to his son-in-laws.
(b) Divide them equally amongst his daughters.
(c) Reward his youngest daughter with the lands.
(d) Choose one of his daughters to be Queen.
2. Who is Edmund's father?
(a) King Lear.
3. The Fool calls King Lear a fool for doing what?
(a) Giving away his lands.
(b) Searching for the Fool.
(c) Leaving his palace.
(d) Hitting Oswald.
4. King Lear is trying to find his fool who has been missing for how long?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Three days.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Two days.
5. When Edmund tells his brother that his father is horribly angry with him, what does Edmund advise his brother to do?
(a) Leave England until Gloucester cools off.
(b) Go and talk to Gloucester to cool him off.
(c) Write a letter to Gloucester to explain things.
(d) Stay away from Gloucester until he cools off.
Short Answer Questions
1. Goneril and Regan believe that the King's banishment of the man who defended Cordelia against being disinherited was what?
2. Who says: "How sharper than a serpent's tooth it is / To have a thankless child"
3. Gloucester blames the effects of what for affecting relationships?
4. How many suitors does Cordelia have when the King tells them that she will have no dowry?
5. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)