|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who delivers King Lear's letter to his other daughter, while the King is at Goneril's?
(a) A knight.
(c) The Fool.
2. What punishment will King Lear give to the Fool for lying?
(a) A caning.
(b) A whipping.
(c) Dismissal as Fool.
3. Goneril's goal is to have King Lear go and stay with whom, rather than stay at her house?
(a) Her brother's house.
(b) His summer palace.
(c) His palace.
(d) Her sister's house.
4. While King Lear is staying with Goneril, she complains that his knights are doing what?
(a) Taking up too much space.
(b) Eating too much food.
(c) Causing problems with the children.
(d) Interfering with her household.
5. King Lear is trying to find his fool who has been missing for how long?
(a) Three days.
(b) Two days.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Three weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the first scene, an attendant is carrying a small crown meant for whom?
2. Which man marries Cordelia even though she doesn't have a dowry?
3. What punishment will King Lear's daughters give the Fool for speaking the truth?
4. Where is King Lear going to go when he leaves Goneril's house?
5. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)