|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When King Lear announces that he is retiring, what does he want to do with his lands?
(a) Give them equally to his son-in-laws.
(b) Reward his youngest daughter with the lands.
(c) Divide them equally amongst his daughters.
(d) Choose one of his daughters to be Queen.
2. What room in the house does Act I, Scene 4 take place?
(a) The dining room.
(b) The hall.
(c) The ballroom.
(d) The entrance.
3. What does Edmund have that is supposedly from his brother?
(a) A seal.
(b) A ring.
(c) A letter.
(d) A book.
4. Who is Goneril's husband?
(a) The Duke of France.
(b) The Duke of Kent.
(c) The Duke of Burgundy.
(d) The Duke of Albany.
5. Which character does the line "when old fools are babes again" refer to?
(a) The Fool.
(b) King Lear.
(c) Duke of Albany.
(d) King of France.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Edmund going to do in order to assure Gloucester that his brother's intent isn't to hurt Gloucester?
2. According to Goneril, while King Lear is staying with her, how often does King Lear wrong her?
3. Which man marries Cordelia even though she doesn't have a dowry?
4. What are the rumors that Curan tells Edmund?
5. Goneril and Regan believe that the King's banishment of the man who defended Cordelia against being disinherited was what?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)