|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. King Lear has brought how many servants and knights to stay with Goneril?
(a) Four hundred.
(b) Two hundred.
(c) One hundred.
(d) Three hundred.
2. When King Lear announces that he is retiring, what does he want to do with his lands?
(a) Reward his youngest daughter with the lands.
(b) Choose one of his daughters to be Queen.
(c) Divide them equally amongst his daughters.
(d) Give them equally to his son-in-laws.
3. While King Lear is staying with Goneril, she complains that his knights are doing what?
(a) Causing problems with the children.
(b) Eating too much food.
(c) Taking up too much space.
(d) Interfering with her household.
4. In the first scene, an attendant is carrying a small crown meant for whom?
(d) The Queen.
5. What sound precedes the King's entrance into a scene?
(a) A herald's announcement.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much love does Cordelia say she will give her husband?
2. What is the name of the person who stands up for Cordelia when her father disinherits her?
3. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
4. Who is Goneril's husband?
5. While King Lear is staying with Goneril, how does she command her servants to treat the King and his people?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)