|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act I, Scene 3, what are the names of the characters who speak?
(a) King Lear and Goneril.
(b) Goneril, Oswald, and King Lear.
(c) King Lear and Oswald.
(d) Goneril and Oswald.
2. While King Lear is staying with Goneril, how does she command her servants to treat the King and his people?
(c) Like royalty.
3. Edmund cuts his arm with what weapon after he and Edgar pretend to fight?
(a) A dagger.
(b) An arrow.
(c) A knife.
(d) A sword.
4. What do Regan and Goneril believe is affecting the King's mind?
(c) Old age.
5. When Cordelia refuses to profess her undying love for her father (the King), what does her father do?
(a) Her father hits her.
(b) Her father yells at her.
(c) Her father disowns her.
(d) Her father takes back the jewels.
Short Answer Questions
1. Oswald is what relation to Goneril?
2. How does Edmund characterize the belief that people having in the stars and planets ruling their lives?
3. What is Edmund going to do in order to assure Gloucester that his brother's intent isn't to hurt Gloucester?
4. What room in the house does Act I, Scene 4 take place?
5. How much love does Cordelia say she will give her husband?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)