|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While King Lear is staying with Goneril, she complains that his knights are doing what?
(a) Taking up too much space.
(b) Causing problems with the children.
(c) Interfering with her household.
(d) Eating too much food.
2. Gloucester orders Edgar captured and killed because Gloucester thinks Edgar did what to Edmund?
(a) Gloucester thinks Edgar stabbed Edmund.
(b) Gloucester thinks Edgar killed Edmund.
(c) Gloucester thinks Edgar hurt Edmund.
(d) Gloucester thinks Edgar betrayed Edmund.
3. Before leaving Goneril's house, what does the Fool warn King Lear about?
(a) Not to expect better treatment by his other daughter.
(b) Not treating people better.
(c) Not to leave Goneril's in haste.
(d) To not let Goneril be mad at him.
4. While King Lear is staying with Goneril, how does she command her servants to treat the King and his people?
(a) Like royalty.
5. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
(a) Goneril's castle.
(b) Lear's castle.
(c) Albany's castle.
(d) Gloucester's castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is King Lear going to go when he leaves Goneril's house?
2. When King Lear announces that he is retiring, what does he want to do with his lands?
3. Who says: "Thou shouldst not have been old till thou hadst been wise"
4. Gloucester, when mentioning the effect of the stars and planets on relationships, says that these effects have caused King Lear to do what to Cordelia?
5. Instead of referring to the King by his title, what does Oswald call the king?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)