|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When King Lear announces that he is retiring, what does he want to do with his lands?
(a) Give them equally to his son-in-laws.
(b) Choose one of his daughters to be Queen.
(c) Divide them equally amongst his daughters.
(d) Reward his youngest daughter with the lands.
2. What sound precedes the King's entrance into a scene?
(b) A herald's announcement.
3. While King Lear is staying with Goneril, how does she command her servants to treat the King and his people?
(b) Like royalty.
4. How many daughters does King Lear have?
5. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
(a) Goneril's castle.
(b) Gloucester's castle.
(c) Albany's castle.
(d) Lear's castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Edmund's father?
2. By what title does Oswald refer to Goneril as in Act I, Scene 3?
3. Edmund tells his brother that he fears someone has turned Gloucester against him and then tells his brother to do what?
4. Who are the three speakers in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. King Lear has brought how many servants and knights to stay with Goneril?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)