|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Edmund tells his brother that his father is horribly angry with him, what does Edmund advise his brother to do?
(a) Leave England until Gloucester cools off.
(b) Go and talk to Gloucester to cool him off.
(c) Write a letter to Gloucester to explain things.
(d) Stay away from Gloucester until he cools off.
2. Edmund tells his brother that he fears someone has turned Gloucester against him and then tells his brother to do what?
(a) Arm himself.
(b) Find out who the informant is.
(c) Issue a challenge.
(d) Leave quickly.
3. How many of King Lear's daughters are married?
4. How many daughters does King Lear have?
5. In the first scene, an attendant is carrying a small crown meant for whom?
(d) The Queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Cordelia refuses to profess her undying love for her father (the King), what does her father do?
2. Why does Edmund want his legitimate brother disinherited?
3. Kent comes to King Lear in disguise and offers his services in what position?
4. By what title does Oswald refer to Goneril as in Act I, Scene 3?
5. While King Lear is staying with Goneril, how does she command her servants to treat the King and his people?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)