|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound precedes the King's entrance into a scene?
(c) A herald's announcement.
2. How does Edmund characterize the belief that people having in the stars and planets ruling their lives?
(a) As genuine.
(b) As superstitious.
(c) As preposterous.
(d) As truth.
3. The paper Edmund has, which he is going to show to Gloucester as proof of his brother's treachery, says that the older generation should do what with their riches?
(a) Use them to benefit their children.
(b) Give them to the younger men.
(c) Hold onto them.
(d) Give them to the poor.
4. While King Lear is staying with Goneril, she complains that his knights are doing what?
(a) Causing problems with the children.
(b) Eating too much food.
(c) Interfering with her household.
(d) Taking up too much space.
5. What do Regan and Goneril believe is affecting the King's mind?
(d) Old age.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Goneril's gentleman do that causes King Lear to strike him?
2. By what title does Oswald refer to Goneril as in Act I, Scene 3?
3. What is the name of Edmund's legitimate brother?
4. What punishment will King Lear give to the Fool for lying?
5. Who is Gloucester's illegitimate son?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)