|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The paper Edmund has, which he is going to show to Gloucester as proof of his brother's treachery, says that the older generation should do what with their riches?
(a) Give them to the poor.
(b) Use them to benefit their children.
(c) Hold onto them.
(d) Give them to the younger men.
2. What is the name of the person who stands up for Cordelia when her father disinherits her?
3. Who is Goneril's husband?
(a) The Duke of Burgundy.
(b) The Duke of Kent.
(c) The Duke of France.
(d) The Duke of Albany.
4. Who is Gloucester's illegitimate son?
5. When King Lear announces that he is retiring, what does he want to do with his lands?
(a) Reward his youngest daughter with the lands.
(b) Give them equally to his son-in-laws.
(c) Choose one of his daughters to be Queen.
(d) Divide them equally amongst his daughters.
Short Answer Questions
1. While King Lear is staying with Goneril, she complains that his knights are doing what?
2. King Lear is trying to find his fool who has been missing for how long?
3. What punishment will King Lear's daughters give the Fool for speaking the truth?
4. Which man marries Cordelia even though she doesn't have a dowry?
5. How much love does Cordelia say she will give her husband?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)