|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gloucester, when mentioning the effect of the stars and planets on relationships, says that these effects have caused King Lear to do what to Cordelia?
(a) Turn against her.
(b) Marry her to someone she doesn't like.
(c) Love her.
(d) Send her away.
2. When Cordelia refuses to profess her undying love for her father (the King), what does her father do?
(a) Her father hits her.
(b) Her father takes back the jewels.
(c) Her father disowns her.
(d) Her father yells at her.
3. What is the name of the person who stands up for Cordelia when her father disinherits her?
4. According to Goneril, while King Lear is staying with her, how often does King Lear wrong her?
(a) At least once an hour.
(b) During the day with the demands of his followers.
(c) Day and night and every hour.
(d) At mealtimes with his demands.
5. The Fool calls King Lear a fool for doing what?
(a) Searching for the Fool.
(b) Giving away his lands.
(c) Leaving his palace.
(d) Hitting Oswald.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Gloucester's illegitimate son?
2. Which man marries Cordelia even though she doesn't have a dowry?
3. Goneril and Regan believe that the King's banishment of the man who defended Cordelia against being disinherited was what?
4. What did Goneril's gentleman do that causes King Lear to strike him?
5. Instead of referring to the King by his title, what does Oswald call the king?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)