|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Goneril and Regan believe that the King's banishment of the man who defended Cordelia against being disinherited was what?
2. What event caused the Fool to pine away?
(a) The King leaving his palace.
(b) The King going to Goneril's home.
(c) Cordelia leaving for France.
(d) Cordelia not professing her love for the King.
3. What is Edmund going to do in order to assure Gloucester that his brother's intent isn't to hurt Gloucester?
(a) Send someone to spy on Edgar.
(b) Talk with Edgar and report to Gloucester.
(c) Talk with Edgar so that Gloucester can hear them.
(d) Write a letter asking Edgar what his intent is.
4. Kent comes to King Lear in disguise and offers his services in what position?
(a) A nobleman.
(b) A servant.
(c) A fighter.
(d) An advisor.
5. King Lear has brought how many servants and knights to stay with Goneril?
(a) One hundred.
(b) Three hundred.
(c) Two hundred.
(d) Four hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Regan and Goneril believe is affecting the King's mind?
2. Who is Edmund's father?
3. What is the name of the person who stands up for Cordelia when her father disinherits her?
4. What is the name of Edmund's legitimate brother?
5. When Cordelia refuses to profess her undying love for her father (the King), what does her father do?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)