|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Goneril and Regan believe that the King's banishment of the man who defended Cordelia against being disinherited was what?
2. How many suitors does Cordelia have when the King tells them that she will have no dowry?
3. When Edmund tells his brother that his father is horribly angry with him, what does Edmund advise his brother to do?
(a) Stay away from Gloucester until he cools off.
(b) Go and talk to Gloucester to cool him off.
(c) Write a letter to Gloucester to explain things.
(d) Leave England until Gloucester cools off.
4. In Act I, Scene 3, what are the names of the characters who speak?
(a) King Lear and Goneril.
(b) Goneril and Oswald.
(c) King Lear and Oswald.
(d) Goneril, Oswald, and King Lear.
5. By what title does Oswald refer to Goneril as in Act I, Scene 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. The paper Edmund has, which he is going to show to Gloucester as proof of his brother's treachery, says that the older generation should do what with their riches?
2. Who is Edmund's father?
3. Oswald is what relation to Goneril?
4. In the first scene, an attendant is carrying a small crown meant for whom?
5. What is Edmund going to do in order to assure Gloucester that his brother's intent isn't to hurt Gloucester?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)