|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Edmund going to do in order to assure Gloucester that his brother's intent isn't to hurt Gloucester?
(a) Write a letter asking Edgar what his intent is.
(b) Talk with Edgar so that Gloucester can hear them.
(c) Send someone to spy on Edgar.
(d) Talk with Edgar and report to Gloucester.
2. How much love does Cordelia say she will give her husband?
(a) None of her love.
(b) Half her love.
(c) Some of her love.
(d) All her love.
3. How many daughters does King Lear have?
4. Which man marries Cordelia even though she doesn't have a dowry?
(a) The King of France.
(b) No one.
(c) The Lord of Burgundy.
(d) The Earl of Gloucester.
5. When Edmund tells his brother that his father is horribly angry with him, what does Edmund advise his brother to do?
(a) Write a letter to Gloucester to explain things.
(b) Go and talk to Gloucester to cool him off.
(c) Leave England until Gloucester cools off.
(d) Stay away from Gloucester until he cools off.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gloucester, when mentioning the effect of the stars and planets on relationships, says that these effects have caused King Lear to do what to Cordelia?
2. What punishment will King Lear give to the Fool for lying?
3. King Lear is trying to find his fool who has been missing for how long?
4. When King Lear announces that he is retiring, what does he want to do with his lands?
5. What event caused the Fool to pine away?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)