|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Edmund tells his brother that he fears someone has turned Gloucester against him and then tells his brother to do what?
(a) Arm himself.
(b) Issue a challenge.
(c) Leave quickly.
(d) Find out who the informant is.
2. According to Goneril, while King Lear is staying with her, how often does King Lear wrong her?
(a) At mealtimes with his demands.
(b) Day and night and every hour.
(c) During the day with the demands of his followers.
(d) At least once an hour.
3. What did Goneril's gentleman do that causes King Lear to strike him?
(a) Entering a building before the King.
(b) Chiding the King.
(c) Chiding the Fool.
(d) Refusing one of the knight's requests.
4. Goneril's goal is to have King Lear go and stay with whom, rather than stay at her house?
(a) His summer palace.
(b) Her brother's house.
(c) Her sister's house.
(d) His palace.
5. What does Edmund have that is supposedly from his brother?
(a) A ring.
(b) A seal.
(c) A letter.
(d) A book.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many suitors does Cordelia have when the King tells them that she will have no dowry?
2. How much love does Cordelia say she will give her husband?
3. How many of King Lear's daughters are married?
4. When Cordelia refuses to profess her undying love for her father (the King), what does her father do?
5. Who is the protagonist in the play?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)