|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many suitors does Cordelia have when the King tells them that she will have no dowry?
2. Who is Goneril's husband?
(a) The Duke of France.
(b) The Duke of Burgundy.
(c) The Duke of Kent.
(d) The Duke of Albany.
3. When Kent says: "but you have that in your countenance which I would fain call master," what quality is he referring to?
4. Why does Edmund want his legitimate brother disinherited?
(a) So that Edmund can inherit everything.
(b) So that Edmund can live as a nobleman.
(c) So that Edmund can sell off all the land.
(d) So that Edmund can have all their father's attention.
5. If Edmund cannot get his brother disinherited, how much of his father's inheritance will Edmund inherit?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Goneril, while King Lear is staying with her, how often does King Lear wrong her?
2. King Lear has brought how many servants and knights to stay with Goneril?
3. What did Goneril's gentleman do that causes King Lear to strike him?
4. When Edmund tells his brother that his father is horribly angry with him, what does Edmund advise his brother to do?
5. What is Edmund going to do in order to assure Gloucester that his brother's intent isn't to hurt Gloucester?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)