|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which man marries Cordelia even though she doesn't have a dowry?
(a) The Earl of Gloucester.
(b) The Lord of Burgundy.
(c) The King of France.
(d) No one.
2. What event caused the Fool to pine away?
(a) The King going to Goneril's home.
(b) Cordelia leaving for France.
(c) The King leaving his palace.
(d) Cordelia not professing her love for the King.
3. Goneril and Regan believe that the King's banishment of the man who defended Cordelia against being disinherited was what?
4. Who is Gloucester's illegitimate son?
5. What do Regan and Goneril believe is affecting the King's mind?
(a) Old age.
Short Answer Questions
1. What room in the house does Act I, Scene 4 take place?
2. Edmund tells his brother that he fears someone has turned Gloucester against him and then tells his brother to do what?
3. What does Edmund have that is supposedly from his brother?
4. Gloucester, when mentioning the effect of the stars and planets on relationships, says that these effects have caused King Lear to do what to Cordelia?
5. By what title does Oswald refer to Goneril as in Act I, Scene 3?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)