|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kent comes to King Lear in disguise and offers his services in what position?
(a) A nobleman.
(b) A servant.
(c) A fighter.
(d) An advisor.
2. While King Lear is staying with Goneril, how does she command her servants to treat the King and his people?
(c) Like royalty.
3. While King Lear is staying with Goneril, she complains that his knights are doing what?
(a) Causing problems with the children.
(b) Eating too much food.
(c) Interfering with her household.
(d) Taking up too much space.
4. How much love does Cordelia say she will give her husband?
(a) All her love.
(b) Some of her love.
(c) None of her love.
(d) Half her love.
5. How does Edmund characterize the belief that people having in the stars and planets ruling their lives?
(a) As genuine.
(b) As preposterous.
(c) As superstitious.
(d) As truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Goneril's husband?
2. Where does Act I, Scene 3 take place?
3. How many daughters does King Lear have?
4. Who is Edmund's father?
5. The paper Edmund has, which he is going to show to Gloucester as proof of his brother's treachery, says that the older generation should do what with their riches?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)