|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act I, Scene 3, what are the names of the characters who speak?
(a) Goneril, Oswald, and King Lear.
(b) Goneril and Oswald.
(c) King Lear and Oswald.
(d) King Lear and Goneril.
2. What is the name of the person who stands up for Cordelia when her father disinherits her?
3. While King Lear is staying with Goneril, how does she command her servants to treat the King and his people?
(d) Like royalty.
4. What does Edmund have that is supposedly from his brother?
(a) A ring.
(b) A seal.
(c) A book.
(d) A letter.
5. Who is Gloucester's illegitimate son?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of King Lear's daughters are married?
2. When Kent says: "but you have that in your countenance which I would fain call master," what quality is he referring to?
3. Edmund tells his brother that he fears someone has turned Gloucester against him and then tells his brother to do what?
4. What did Goneril's gentleman do that causes King Lear to strike him?
5. Goneril's goal is to have King Lear go and stay with whom, rather than stay at her house?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)