|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Edmund's father?
(b) King Lear.
2. What is Edmund going to do in order to assure Gloucester that his brother's intent isn't to hurt Gloucester?
(a) Talk with Edgar and report to Gloucester.
(b) Talk with Edgar so that Gloucester can hear them.
(c) Write a letter asking Edgar what his intent is.
(d) Send someone to spy on Edgar.
3. Which character does the line "when old fools are babes again" refer to?
(a) King of France.
(b) Duke of Albany.
(c) The Fool.
(d) King Lear.
4. Gloucester, when mentioning the effect of the stars and planets on relationships, says that these effects have caused King Lear to do what to Cordelia?
(a) Turn against her.
(b) Love her.
(c) Marry her to someone she doesn't like.
(d) Send her away.
5. How many of King Lear's daughters are married?
Short Answer Questions
1. The paper Edmund has, which he is going to show to Gloucester as proof of his brother's treachery, says that the older generation should do what with their riches?
2. In the first scene, an attendant is carrying a small crown meant for whom?
3. In Act I, Scene 3, what are the names of the characters who speak?
4. What sound precedes the King's entrance into a scene?
5. How many daughters does King Lear have?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)