|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Edmund going to do in order to assure Gloucester that his brother's intent isn't to hurt Gloucester?
(a) Talk with Edgar and report to Gloucester.
(b) Send someone to spy on Edgar.
(c) Talk with Edgar so that Gloucester can hear them.
(d) Write a letter asking Edgar what his intent is.
2. While King Lear is staying with Goneril, she complains that his knights are doing what?
(a) Taking up too much space.
(b) Causing problems with the children.
(c) Eating too much food.
(d) Interfering with her household.
3. Instead of referring to the King by his title, what does Oswald call the king?
(a) My lady's responsibility.
(b) My lady's father.
(c) My lady's burden.
(d) My lady's relation.
4. How many suitors does Cordelia have when the King tells them that she will have no dowry?
5. How many of King Lear's daughters are married?
Short Answer Questions
1. King Lear has brought how many servants and knights to stay with Goneril?
2. Where does Act I, Scene 3 take place?
3. Who says: "How sharper than a serpent's tooth it is / To have a thankless child"
4. How much love does Cordelia say she will give her husband?
5. Oswald is what relation to Goneril?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)