|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Fool calls King Lear a fool for doing what?
(a) Giving away his lands.
(b) Leaving his palace.
(c) Hitting Oswald.
(d) Searching for the Fool.
2. Gloucester, when mentioning the effect of the stars and planets on relationships, says that these effects have caused King Lear to do what to Cordelia?
(a) Love her.
(b) Turn against her.
(c) Send her away.
(d) Marry her to someone she doesn't like.
3. When Edmund tells his brother that his father is horribly angry with him, what does Edmund advise his brother to do?
(a) Leave England until Gloucester cools off.
(b) Stay away from Gloucester until he cools off.
(c) Write a letter to Gloucester to explain things.
(d) Go and talk to Gloucester to cool him off.
4. What punishment will King Lear give to the Fool for lying?
(a) Dismissal as Fool.
(b) A whipping.
(d) A caning.
5. What sound precedes the King's entrance into a scene?
(b) A herald's announcement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says: "How sharper than a serpent's tooth it is / To have a thankless child"
2. What is the name of Edmund's legitimate brother?
3. What is Edmund going to do in order to assure Gloucester that his brother's intent isn't to hurt Gloucester?
4. How many daughters does King Lear have?
5. King Lear has brought how many servants and knights to stay with Goneril?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)