|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound precedes the King's entrance into a scene?
(d) A herald's announcement.
2. What does Edmund have that is supposedly from his brother?
(a) A seal.
(b) A letter.
(c) A ring.
(d) A book.
3. What is the name of the person who stands up for Cordelia when her father disinherits her?
4. What do Regan and Goneril believe is affecting the King's mind?
(c) Old age.
5. Goneril and Regan believe that the King's banishment of the man who defended Cordelia against being disinherited was what?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Edmund tells his brother that his father is horribly angry with him, what does Edmund advise his brother to do?
2. How much love does Cordelia say she will give her husband?
3. Who is Gloucester's illegitimate son?
4. How many daughters does King Lear have?
5. Why does Edmund want his legitimate brother disinherited?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)