|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Act I, Scene 3 take place?
(a) The Duke of Burgundy's palace.
(b) The King's palace.
(c) The Duke of Albany's palace.
(d) Goneril's summer home.
2. King Lear has brought how many servants and knights to stay with Goneril?
(a) Two hundred.
(b) Four hundred.
(c) One hundred.
(d) Three hundred.
3. In the first scene, an attendant is carrying a small crown meant for whom?
(b) The Queen.
4. What room in the house does Act I, Scene 4 take place?
(a) The dining room.
(b) The hall.
(c) The entrance.
(d) The ballroom.
5. Who is the protagonist in the play?
(a) King Lear.
(d) Duke of Cornwall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Goneril and Regan believe that the King's banishment of the man who defended Cordelia against being disinherited was what?
2. Who says: "How sharper than a serpent's tooth it is / To have a thankless child"
3. When King Lear announces that he is retiring, what does he want to do with his lands?
4. While King Lear is staying with Goneril, how does she command her servants to treat the King and his people?
5. The paper Edmund has, which he is going to show to Gloucester as proof of his brother's treachery, says that the older generation should do what with their riches?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)