|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Goneril, while King Lear is staying with her, how often does King Lear wrong her?
(a) During the day with the demands of his followers.
(b) Day and night and every hour.
(c) At least once an hour.
(d) At mealtimes with his demands.
2. While King Lear is staying with Goneril, how does she command her servants to treat the King and his people?
(b) Like royalty.
3. What is the name of the person who stands up for Cordelia when her father disinherits her?
4. King Lear has brought how many servants and knights to stay with Goneril?
(a) Four hundred.
(b) One hundred.
(c) Three hundred.
(d) Two hundred.
5. Who is Goneril's husband?
(a) The Duke of France.
(b) The Duke of Albany.
(c) The Duke of Burgundy.
(d) The Duke of Kent.
Short Answer Questions
1. King Lear is trying to find his fool who has been missing for how long?
2. In the first scene, an attendant is carrying a small crown meant for whom?
3. Kent comes to King Lear in disguise and offers his services in what position?
4. Why does Edmund want his legitimate brother disinherited?
5. How many suitors does Cordelia have when the King tells them that she will have no dowry?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)