|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character does the line "when old fools are babes again" refer to?
(a) Duke of Albany.
(b) The Fool.
(c) King Lear.
(d) King of France.
2. In Act I, Scene 3, what are the names of the characters who speak?
(a) King Lear and Goneril.
(b) Goneril and Oswald.
(c) Goneril, Oswald, and King Lear.
(d) King Lear and Oswald.
3. How many of King Lear's daughters are married?
4. Instead of referring to the King by his title, what does Oswald call the king?
(a) My lady's responsibility.
(b) My lady's father.
(c) My lady's burden.
(d) My lady's relation.
5. Edmund tells his brother that he fears someone has turned Gloucester against him and then tells his brother to do what?
(a) Leave quickly.
(b) Find out who the informant is.
(c) Arm himself.
(d) Issue a challenge.
Short Answer Questions
1. King Lear has brought how many servants and knights to stay with Goneril?
2. How much love does Cordelia say she will give her husband?
3. How many daughters does King Lear have?
4. What is Edmund going to do in order to assure Gloucester that his brother's intent isn't to hurt Gloucester?
5. What is the name of Edmund's legitimate brother?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)