|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Goneril and Regan believe that the King's banishment of the man who defended Cordelia against being disinherited was what?
2. While King Lear is staying with Goneril, she complains that his knights are doing what?
(a) Eating too much food.
(b) Interfering with her household.
(c) Causing problems with the children.
(d) Taking up too much space.
3. When King Lear announces that he is retiring, what does he want to do with his lands?
(a) Give them equally to his son-in-laws.
(b) Choose one of his daughters to be Queen.
(c) Divide them equally amongst his daughters.
(d) Reward his youngest daughter with the lands.
4. What is Edmund going to do in order to assure Gloucester that his brother's intent isn't to hurt Gloucester?
(a) Talk with Edgar and report to Gloucester.
(b) Send someone to spy on Edgar.
(c) Write a letter asking Edgar what his intent is.
(d) Talk with Edgar so that Gloucester can hear them.
5. How many suitors does Cordelia have when the King tells them that she will have no dowry?
Short Answer Questions
1. Gloucester, when mentioning the effect of the stars and planets on relationships, says that these effects have caused King Lear to do what to Cordelia?
2. In Act I, Scene 3, what are the names of the characters who speak?
3. By what title does Oswald refer to Goneril as in Act I, Scene 3?
4. Who is Edmund's father?
5. What is the name of the person who stands up for Cordelia when her father disinherits her?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)