|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gloucester blames the effects of what for affecting relationships?
(a) The moon.
(b) The stars.
(c) The eclipses.
(d) The planets.
2. What does Edmund have that is supposedly from his brother?
(a) A letter.
(b) A book.
(c) A ring.
(d) A seal.
3. When Edmund tells his brother that his father is horribly angry with him, what does Edmund advise his brother to do?
(a) Write a letter to Gloucester to explain things.
(b) Go and talk to Gloucester to cool him off.
(c) Leave England until Gloucester cools off.
(d) Stay away from Gloucester until he cools off.
4. Goneril and Regan believe that the King's banishment of the man who defended Cordelia against being disinherited was what?
5. When Cordelia refuses to profess her undying love for her father (the King), what does her father do?
(a) Her father takes back the jewels.
(b) Her father yells at her.
(c) Her father disowns her.
(d) Her father hits her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Goneril's goal is to have King Lear go and stay with whom, rather than stay at her house?
2. Who is Gloucester's illegitimate son?
3. How much love does Cordelia say she will give her husband?
4. Who says: "How sharper than a serpent's tooth it is / To have a thankless child"
5. What do Regan and Goneril believe is affecting the King's mind?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)