|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Goneril's gentleman do that causes King Lear to strike him?
(a) Chiding the King.
(b) Chiding the Fool.
(c) Entering a building before the King.
(d) Refusing one of the knight's requests.
2. Oswald is what relation to Goneril?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her steward.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her cousin.
3. Instead of referring to the King by his title, what does Oswald call the king?
(a) My lady's burden.
(b) My lady's relation.
(c) My lady's father.
(d) My lady's responsibility.
4. Who is Edmund's father?
(a) King Lear.
5. Who is Goneril's husband?
(a) The Duke of France.
(b) The Duke of Kent.
(c) The Duke of Albany.
(d) The Duke of Burgundy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the person who stands up for Cordelia when her father disinherits her?
2. While King Lear is staying with Goneril, how does she command her servants to treat the King and his people?
3. Who is Gloucester's illegitimate son?
4. King Lear is trying to find his fool who has been missing for how long?
5. What do Regan and Goneril believe is affecting the King's mind?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)