|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Kent says: "but you have that in your countenance which I would fain call master," what quality is he referring to?
2. How many suitors does Cordelia have when the King tells them that she will have no dowry?
3. Who is the protagonist in the play?
(a) King Lear.
(b) Duke of Cornwall.
4. Goneril's goal is to have King Lear go and stay with whom, rather than stay at her house?
(a) His summer palace.
(b) Her sister's house.
(c) His palace.
(d) Her brother's house.
5. Who is Edmund's father?
(b) King Lear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event caused the Fool to pine away?
2. Why does Edmund want his legitimate brother disinherited?
3. What sound precedes the King's entrance into a scene?
4. According to Goneril, while King Lear is staying with her, how often does King Lear wrong her?
5. What room in the house does Act I, Scene 4 take place?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)