|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Edmund want his legitimate brother disinherited?
(a) So that Edmund can have all their father's attention.
(b) So that Edmund can inherit everything.
(c) So that Edmund can sell off all the land.
(d) So that Edmund can live as a nobleman.
2. Gloucester, when mentioning the effect of the stars and planets on relationships, says that these effects have caused King Lear to do what to Cordelia?
(a) Turn against her.
(b) Marry her to someone she doesn't like.
(c) Send her away.
(d) Love her.
3. What room in the house does Act I, Scene 4 take place?
(a) The ballroom.
(b) The entrance.
(c) The dining room.
(d) The hall.
4. What sound precedes the King's entrance into a scene?
(c) A herald's announcement.
5. How much love does Cordelia say she will give her husband?
(a) None of her love.
(b) All her love.
(c) Some of her love.
(d) Half her love.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Edmund's father?
2. Oswald is what relation to Goneril?
3. Goneril's goal is to have King Lear go and stay with whom, rather than stay at her house?
4. King Lear has brought how many servants and knights to stay with Goneril?
5. Who says: "How sharper than a serpent's tooth it is / To have a thankless child"
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)