|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Edmund's father?
(d) King Lear.
2. The paper Edmund has, which he is going to show to Gloucester as proof of his brother's treachery, says that the older generation should do what with their riches?
(a) Give them to the younger men.
(b) Give them to the poor.
(c) Use them to benefit their children.
(d) Hold onto them.
3. What is Edmund going to do in order to assure Gloucester that his brother's intent isn't to hurt Gloucester?
(a) Write a letter asking Edgar what his intent is.
(b) Talk with Edgar so that Gloucester can hear them.
(c) Talk with Edgar and report to Gloucester.
(d) Send someone to spy on Edgar.
4. In Act I, Scene 3, what are the names of the characters who speak?
(a) Goneril and Oswald.
(b) King Lear and Oswald.
(c) King Lear and Goneril.
(d) Goneril, Oswald, and King Lear.
5. While King Lear is staying with Goneril, how does she command her servants to treat the King and his people?
(b) Like royalty.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Cordelia refuses to profess her undying love for her father (the King), what does her father do?
2. Who is Gloucester's illegitimate son?
3. Who says: "How sharper than a serpent's tooth it is / To have a thankless child"
4. What sound precedes the King's entrance into a scene?
5. How much love does Cordelia say she will give her husband?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)