|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The paper Edmund has, which he is going to show to Gloucester as proof of his brother's treachery, says that the older generation should do what with their riches?
(a) Give them to the poor.
(b) Use them to benefit their children.
(c) Give them to the younger men.
(d) Hold onto them.
2. Cornwall and Regan administer what punishment to Kent?
(a) They whip him.
(b) They beat him.
(c) They hang him.
(d) They put him in the stocks.
3. When Kent says: "but you have that in your countenance which I would fain call master," what quality is he referring to?
4. King Lear has brought how many servants and knights to stay with Goneril?
(a) Two hundred.
(b) Four hundred.
(c) Three hundred.
(d) One hundred.
5. Who says: "Thou shouldst not have been old till thou hadst been wise"
(b) King Lear.
(d) The Fool.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kent repeatedly calls Oswald by what name?
2. Who is Goneril's husband?
3. Gloucester blames the effects of what for affecting relationships?
4. According to Goneril, while King Lear is staying with her, how often does King Lear wrong her?
5. The Fool calls King Lear a fool for doing what?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)