|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Edmund tells his brother that his father is horribly angry with him, what does Edmund advise his brother to do?
(a) Write a letter to Gloucester to explain things.
(b) Go and talk to Gloucester to cool him off.
(c) Leave England until Gloucester cools off.
(d) Stay away from Gloucester until he cools off.
2. Instead of referring to the King by his title, what does Oswald call the king?
(a) My lady's responsibility.
(b) My lady's burden.
(c) My lady's father.
(d) My lady's relation.
3. According to Goneril, while King Lear is staying with her, how often does King Lear wrong her?
(a) During the day with the demands of his followers.
(b) Day and night and every hour.
(c) At mealtimes with his demands.
(d) At least once an hour.
4. Edmund tells his brother that he fears someone has turned Gloucester against him and then tells his brother to do what?
(a) Leave quickly.
(b) Issue a challenge.
(c) Find out who the informant is.
(d) Arm himself.
5. What event caused the Fool to pine away?
(a) The King leaving his palace.
(b) The King going to Goneril's home.
(c) Cordelia leaving for France.
(d) Cordelia not professing her love for the King.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who delivers King Lear's letter to his other daughter, while the King is at Goneril's?
2. What did Goneril's gentleman do that causes King Lear to strike him?
3. What do Regan and Goneril believe is affecting the King's mind?
4. While King Lear is staying with Goneril, she complains that his knights are doing what?
5. Where does Act I, Scene 3 take place?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)