Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edmund have that is supposedly from his brother?
(a) A letter.
(b) A ring.
(c) A book.
(d) A seal.
2. King Lear is trying to find his fool who has been missing for how long?
(a) Two days.
(b) Three days.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Three weeks.
3. While King Lear is staying with Goneril, how does she command her servants to treat the King and his people?
(c) Like royalty.
4. When Kent says: "but you have that in your countenance which I would fain call master," what quality is he referring to?
5. Where does Act I, Scene 3 take place?
(a) The Duke of Albany's palace.
(b) The Duke of Burgundy's palace.
(c) Goneril's summer home.
(d) The King's palace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event caused the Fool to pine away?
2. While King Lear is staying with Goneril, she complains that his knights are doing what?
3. How many suitors does Cordelia have when the King tells them that she will have no dowry?
4. If Edmund cannot get his brother disinherited, how much of his father's inheritance will Edmund inherit?
5. Gloucester, when mentioning the effect of the stars and planets on relationships, says that these effects have caused King Lear to do what to Cordelia?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)