|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. People who see Gloucester's crippled condition are turning against whom?
(a) Albany and Edmund.
(b) Regan and Albany.
(c) Edmund and Goneril.
(d) Regan and Edmund.
2. Edgar tells Gloucester that the person who led Gloucester to the edge of the cliff looked like a what?
3. In Act I, Scene 3, what are the names of the characters who speak?
(a) Goneril and Oswald.
(b) King Lear and Goneril.
(c) Goneril, Oswald, and King Lear.
(d) King Lear and Oswald.
4. What did Goneril's gentleman do that causes King Lear to strike him?
(a) Entering a building before the King.
(b) Chiding the Fool.
(c) Chiding the King.
(d) Refusing one of the knight's requests.
5. Oswald is what relation to Goneril?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her steward.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lear says the anguish of the storm distracts him from what?
2. Goneril and Cornwall order Gloucester to do what if Lear returns to the castle?
3. Who tells Goneril that she is becoming a monster and only her shape as a woman protects her?
4. What is Edmund going to do in order to assure Gloucester that his brother's intent isn't to hurt Gloucester?
5. Who says: "Thou shouldst not have been old till thou hadst been wise"
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)