|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Goneril and Cornwall order Gloucester to do what if Lear returns to the castle?
(a) Allow him into the stables only.
(b) Not allow him in.
(c) Strip him of anything valuable.
(d) Make sure he doesn't have any servants with him.
2. While Lear is in the town near the French encampment, he doesn't want to see Cordelia because he feels what?
3. Edgar stops in the middle of what area when he tells Gloucester that they are on a cliff?
(a) A river.
(b) A field.
(c) The forest.
(d) A barn.
4. Lear states that Edgar is the natural man, after his ravings, because of what?
(a) Edgar is mad.
(b) Edgar is letting his own mind run free.
(c) Edgar owes nobody anything.
(d) Edgar is unburdened by heartache.
5. After hearing the news of Cornwall's death, Albany vows to take revenge for what act of Cornwall's?
(a) Not keeping the women out of the plans.
(b) Not keeping Goneril at Cornwall.
(c) The escape of the King.
(d) The blinding of Gloucester.
Short Answer Questions
1. Edgar tells Gloucester that the person who led Gloucester to the edge of the cliff looked like a what?
2. When Goneril and Edmund travel to Albany's palace, what happens between them?
3. Where does Act 3, Scene 3 take place?
4. Who makes Lear sleep while they are in the farmhouse?
5. King Lear has brought how many servants and knights to stay with Goneril?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)