|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is Gloucester loyal?
(a) Duke of Cornwall.
(b) Duke of Albany.
(c) The King.
2. When King Lear gets ready to depart Goneril's house, what is his method of travel?
(a) By cart.
(b) On horseback.
(c) By foot.
(d) By carriage.
3. When Lear sees Kent in the stocks, he asks Kent what question?
(a) He asks if Kent has slept.
(b) He asks if Kent is amusing himself.
(c) He asks if Kent likes being in the stocks.
(d) He asks if Kent hurt anyone.
4. Regan suspects that Goneril and Edmund are doing what?
(a) Having an affair.
(b) Going to kill Albany and get married.
(c) Plotting against Albany.
(d) Plotting against her.
5. Oswald is what relation to Goneril?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her steward.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Lear is in the town near the French encampment, he doesn't want to see Cordelia because he feels what?
2. When told of the death of Cornwall, Albany says the death was what?
3. Who states that Goneril is a better soldier than Albany?
4. Where do Lear, The Fool, Kent, and Gloucester go when they leave the farmhouse?
5. When Gloucester is told that he is climbing a cliff, what does he complain about not hearing?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)