|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Edgar hides in what location to escape his pursuers?
(a) Under a bush.
(b) An abandoned shack.
(c) In tree branches.
(d) A hollow of a tree.
2. When Edmund tells his brother that his father is horribly angry with him, what does Edmund advise his brother to do?
(a) Leave England until Gloucester cools off.
(b) Go and talk to Gloucester to cool him off.
(c) Stay away from Gloucester until he cools off.
(d) Write a letter to Gloucester to explain things.
3. Who is Edmund's father?
(c) King Lear.
4. What did Goneril's gentleman do that causes King Lear to strike him?
(a) Refusing one of the knight's requests.
(b) Chiding the King.
(c) Chiding the Fool.
(d) Entering a building before the King.
5. Lear says the anguish of the storm distracts him from what?
(a) The heartbreak of losing Cordelia.
(b) The heartbreak of his daughters' treachery.
(c) The hearbreak of making bad choices.
(d) The heartbreak of losing his kingdom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who brings Cornwall the news that Gloucester has taken the King to Dover?
2. To whom is Gloucester loyal?
3. Who says, "I am a man / More sinned against than sinning" ?
4. Who calls the hovel haunted?
5. Who are the three speakers in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)