|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Act 1, Scene 5 take place?
(a) In the stable of the Duke of Albany's palace.
(b) In the upstairs of the Duke of Albany's palace.
(c) In the hall of the Duke of Albany's palace.
(d) In the court before the Duke of Albany's palace.
2. Who tells Goneril that she is becoming a monster and only her shape as a woman protects her?
(c) The Fool.
3. A servant draws his sword on Cornwall because of what action?
(a) Because Cornwall stabbed Gloucester.
(b) Because Cornwall gouged out one of Gloucester's eyes.
(c) Because Cornwall tied Gloucester to a chair.
(d) Because Cornwall accused Gloucester of being a traitor.
4. Who is the protagonist in the play?
(a) King Lear.
(d) Duke of Cornwall.
5. Kent wonders how such different daughters can come from the same what?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lear sees Kent in the stocks, he asks Kent what question?
2. Kent points out that there is a hovel nearby and asks the King to do what?
3. To whom is Gloucester loyal?
4. What is the name of Edmund's legitimate brother?
5. Who delivers King Lear's letter to his other daughter, while the King is at Goneril's?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)