|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Goneril thinks that Gloucester should suffer what punishment?
(a) His eyes should be plucked out.
(b) His skin should be removed.
(c) His hands should be cut off.
(d) He should be drawn and quartered.
2. Edgar stops in the middle of what area when he tells Gloucester that they are on a cliff?
(a) The forest.
(b) A field.
(c) A river.
(d) A barn.
3. When Lear sees Kent in the stocks, he asks Kent what question?
(a) He asks if Kent is amusing himself.
(b) He asks if Kent likes being in the stocks.
(c) He asks if Kent hurt anyone.
(d) He asks if Kent has slept.
4. Curan holds what position in society?
5. What did Oswald's letter from Goneril cause Regan and Cornwall to do?
(a) Leave for the King's castle.
(b) Go hunting for food.
(c) Immediately depart.
(d) Stay and clean.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the three speakers in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. Who says, "Here's a night pities neither wise man nor fool"?
3. After Lear laments his ungrateful daughters, what begins?
4. Instead of calling Edgar mad, Lear gives him what title?
5. Lear states that Edgar is the natural man, after his ravings, because of what?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)