|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Kent of Cordelia's response to his letter?
(a) The Marshal of France.
(b) A soldier.
(c) An officer.
(d) A gentleman.
2. Gloucester tells Edmund there has been a falling out between which two dukes?
(a) Burgundy and Albany.
(b) Cornwall and Burgundy.
(c) Albany and Camelot.
(d) Albany and Cornwall.
3. What did Oswald's letter from Goneril cause Regan and Cornwall to do?
(a) Stay and clean.
(b) Leave for the King's castle.
(c) Go hunting for food.
(d) Immediately depart.
4. Edmund is going to betray Gloucester in order to do what?
(a) Be selfish.
(b) Get married to Cordelia.
(c) Get Gloucester's land.
(d) Gain more for himself.
5. After hearing the news of Cornwall's death, Albany vows to take revenge for what act of Cornwall's?
(a) Not keeping Goneril at Cornwall.
(b) The escape of the King.
(c) Not keeping the women out of the plans.
(d) The blinding of Gloucester.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the King of France leaves the French encampment, who does he leave in charge?
2. Goneril thinks that Gloucester should suffer what punishment?
3. Where is King Lear going to go when he leaves Goneril's house?
4. After Lear laments his ungrateful daughters, what begins?
5. To aide in his disguise, what does Edgar do for clothing?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)