|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Edmund is going to betray Gloucester to whom?
(a) The knights.
(b) The Earl.
(c) The Duke.
(d) The King.
2. Where is King Lear going to go when he leaves Goneril's house?
(a) His summer home.
(b) His palace.
(d) Regan's house.
3. After Lear laments his ungrateful daughters, what begins?
(a) An earthquake.
(b) A storm.
(c) A hurricane.
4. When King Lear gets ready to depart Goneril's house, what is his method of travel?
(a) By cart.
(b) By foot.
(c) On horseback.
(d) By carriage.
5. Lear says that wickedness is only punished in the poor and that wickedness isn't punished in the rich because they are protected by what?
(a) Their status.
(b) Their servants.
(c) Their wealth.
(d) Their homes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Goneril thinks that Gloucester should suffer what punishment?
2. Edgar is left alone at the farmhouse and hopes that the King will be able to do what?
3. When Gloucester is told that he is climbing a cliff, what does he complain about not hearing?
4. Edmund tells his brother that he fears someone has turned Gloucester against him and then tells his brother to do what?
5. Who kills Oswald?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)