|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Oswald's letter from Goneril cause Regan and Cornwall to do?
(a) Immediately depart.
(b) Go hunting for food.
(c) Stay and clean.
(d) Leave for the King's castle.
2. Why does Edmund want his legitimate brother disinherited?
(a) So that Edmund can live as a nobleman.
(b) So that Edmund can have all their father's attention.
(c) So that Edmund can sell off all the land.
(d) So that Edmund can inherit everything.
3. While King Lear is staying with Goneril, how does she command her servants to treat the King and his people?
(d) Like royalty.
4. Edmund is going to betray Gloucester in order to do what?
(a) Get Gloucester's land.
(b) Gain more for himself.
(c) Be selfish.
(d) Get married to Cordelia.
5. Who states that Goneril is a better soldier than Albany?
(c) A soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the King of France leave the French encampment and return to France?
2. What are the rumors that Curan tells Edmund?
3. While they are walking to the hovel, the Fool utters a prophecy that says what?
4. King Lear has brought how many servants and knights to stay with Goneril?
5. Lear conducts a mock trial of his daughters; who serves as the judges?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)