|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Oswald's letter from Goneril cause Regan and Cornwall to do?
(a) Immediately depart.
(b) Go hunting for food.
(c) Stay and clean.
(d) Leave for the King's castle.
2. Where do Lear, The Fool, Kent, and Gloucester go when they leave the farmhouse?
(c) To Cordelia.
(d) To see a doctor.
3. Who tells Kent of Cordelia's response to his letter?
(a) An officer.
(b) A soldier.
(c) The Marshal of France.
(d) A gentleman.
4. When Edmund tells his brother that his father is horribly angry with him, what does Edmund advise his brother to do?
(a) Write a letter to Gloucester to explain things.
(b) Leave England until Gloucester cools off.
(c) Go and talk to Gloucester to cool him off.
(d) Stay away from Gloucester until he cools off.
5. By what title does Oswald refer to Goneril as in Act I, Scene 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. After hearing the news of Cornwall's death, Albany vows to take revenge for what act of Cornwall's?
2. Who calls the hovel haunted?
3. Regan thinks that Gloucester should suffer what punishment?
4. Regan and Goneril tell Lear that he is what type of a man?
5. Lear refuses to leave the storm and go to safety without whom?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)