|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is King Lear going to go when he leaves Goneril's house?
(a) His summer home.
(b) Regan's house.
(c) His palace.
2. What are the rumors that Curan tells Edmund?
(a) Rumors of war between Lear and the Duke of Albany.
(b) Rumors of war between Lear and Burgundy.
(c) Rumors of war between Fance and England.
(d) Rumors of war between the Duke of Cornwall and the Duke of Albany.
3. What is the name of Edmund's legitimate brother?
4. After hearing the news of Cornwall's death, Albany vows to take revenge for what act of Cornwall's?
(a) The escape of the King.
(b) Not keeping the women out of the plans.
(c) The blinding of Gloucester.
(d) Not keeping Goneril at Cornwall.
5. Who brings Cornwall the news that Gloucester has taken the King to Dover?
(a) A gentleman.
(d) A spy.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Lear is in the town near the French encampment, he doesn't want to see Cordelia because he feels what?
2. Edmund tells his brother that he fears someone has turned Gloucester against him and then tells his brother to do what?
3. Goneril thinks that Gloucester should suffer what punishment?
4. Who tells Kent of a plot against the King?
5. Where does Act 1, Scene 5 take place?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)