|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The messenger who delivers the news of Cornwall's death to Albany and Goneril also delivers a letter to Goneril from whom?
2. After hearing the news of Cornwall's death, Albany vows to take revenge for what act of Cornwall's?
(a) Not keeping Goneril at Cornwall.
(b) The blinding of Gloucester.
(c) Not keeping the women out of the plans.
(d) The escape of the King.
3. According to Goneril, while King Lear is staying with her, how often does King Lear wrong her?
(a) During the day with the demands of his followers.
(b) Day and night and every hour.
(c) At least once an hour.
(d) At mealtimes with his demands.
4. Gloucester orders Edgar captured and killed because Gloucester thinks Edgar did what to Edmund?
(a) Gloucester thinks Edgar stabbed Edmund.
(b) Gloucester thinks Edgar killed Edmund.
(c) Gloucester thinks Edgar hurt Edmund.
(d) Gloucester thinks Edgar betrayed Edmund.
5. Edgar hides in what location to escape his pursuers?
(a) A hollow of a tree.
(b) Under a bush.
(c) An abandoned shack.
(d) In tree branches.
Short Answer Questions
1. Oswald reports that Albany smiled when he heard what news?
2. Where does Act 4, Scene 3 take place?
3. Who says: "Thou shouldst not have been old till thou hadst been wise"
4. Who states that Goneril is a better soldier than Albany?
5. Why did the King of France leave the French encampment and return to France?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)