|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is King Lear going to go when he leaves Goneril's house?
(a) His summer home.
(b) Regan's house.
(d) His palace.
2. What is Edmund going to do in order to assure Gloucester that his brother's intent isn't to hurt Gloucester?
(a) Talk with Edgar and report to Gloucester.
(b) Write a letter asking Edgar what his intent is.
(c) Send someone to spy on Edgar.
(d) Talk with Edgar so that Gloucester can hear them.
3. Who is the protagonist in the play?
(a) Duke of Cornwall.
(b) King Lear.
4. What is the name of Edmund's legitimate brother?
5. Where does Act I, Scene 3 take place?
(a) The Duke of Albany's palace.
(b) The King's palace.
(c) The Duke of Burgundy's palace.
(d) Goneril's summer home.
Short Answer Questions
1. If Edmund cannot get his brother disinherited, how much of his father's inheritance will Edmund inherit?
2. When King Lear gets ready to depart Goneril's house, what is his method of travel?
3. In Act I, Scene 3, what are the names of the characters who speak?
4. Where does Act 1, Scene 5 take place?
5. To aide in his disguise, what does Edgar cover his face with?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)