|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Act 1, Scene 5 take place?
(a) In the upstairs of the Duke of Albany's palace.
(b) In the hall of the Duke of Albany's palace.
(c) In the court before the Duke of Albany's palace.
(d) In the stable of the Duke of Albany's palace.
2. The paper Edmund has, which he is going to show to Gloucester as proof of his brother's treachery, says that the older generation should do what with their riches?
(a) Give them to the younger men.
(b) Use them to benefit their children.
(c) Give them to the poor.
(d) Hold onto them.
3. Gloucester, when mentioning the effect of the stars and planets on relationships, says that these effects have caused King Lear to do what to Cordelia?
(a) Love her.
(b) Turn against her.
(c) Marry her to someone she doesn't like.
(d) Send her away.
4. Which character does the line "when old fools are babes again" refer to?
(a) The Fool.
(b) King Lear.
(c) King of France.
(d) Duke of Albany.
5. In order to escape detection, Edgar decides to disguise himself as what?
(a) A farmer.
(b) A servant.
(c) A madman.
(d) A carpenter.
Short Answer Questions
1. When King Lear gets ready to depart Goneril's house, what is his method of travel?
2. Who is Edmund's father?
3. To aide in his disguise, what does Edgar cover his face with?
4. Who delivers King Lear's letter to his other daughter, while the King is at Goneril's?
5. Oswald is what relation to Goneril?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)