|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When King Lear gets ready to depart Goneril's house, what is his method of travel?
(a) By carriage.
(b) By cart.
(c) By foot.
(d) On horseback.
2. Who is the protagonist in the play?
(b) Duke of Cornwall.
(c) King Lear.
3. Who are the three speakers in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Edmund Curan, and Gloucester.
(b) Edgar Curan, and Gloucester.
(c) Gloucester, Edgar, and Edmund.
(d) Edmund, Curan, and Edgar.
4. While King Lear is staying with Goneril, she complains that his knights are doing what?
(a) Interfering with her household.
(b) Eating too much food.
(c) Taking up too much space.
(d) Causing problems with the children.
5. In Act I, Scene 3, what are the names of the characters who speak?
(a) Goneril, Oswald, and King Lear.
(b) King Lear and Oswald.
(c) Goneril and Oswald.
(d) King Lear and Goneril.
Short Answer Questions
1. Edgar hides in what location to escape his pursuers?
2. The paper Edmund has, which he is going to show to Gloucester as proof of his brother's treachery, says that the older generation should do what with their riches?
3. Edmund cuts his arm with what weapon after he and Edgar pretend to fight?
4. According to Goneril, while King Lear is staying with her, how often does King Lear wrong her?
5. What is the name of Edmund's legitimate brother?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)