|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While King Lear is staying with Goneril, she complains that his knights are doing what?
(a) Interfering with her household.
(b) Taking up too much space.
(c) Eating too much food.
(d) Causing problems with the children.
2. Why does Edmund want his legitimate brother disinherited?
(a) So that Edmund can sell off all the land.
(b) So that Edmund can inherit everything.
(c) So that Edmund can have all their father's attention.
(d) So that Edmund can live as a nobleman.
3. Where does Act 1, Scene 5 take place?
(a) In the hall of the Duke of Albany's palace.
(b) In the stable of the Duke of Albany's palace.
(c) In the upstairs of the Duke of Albany's palace.
(d) In the court before the Duke of Albany's palace.
4. Who says: "Thou shouldst not have been old till thou hadst been wise"
(c) The Fool.
(d) King Lear.
5. Curan holds what position in society?
Short Answer Questions
1. While King Lear is staying with Goneril, how does she command her servants to treat the King and his people?
2. Who are the three speakers in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. What did Goneril's gentleman do that causes King Lear to strike him?
4. Who is the protagonist in the play?
5. Who is Edmund's father?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)