|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Goneril, while King Lear is staying with her, how often does King Lear wrong her?
(a) At mealtimes with his demands.
(b) Day and night and every hour.
(c) At least once an hour.
(d) During the day with the demands of his followers.
2. Why does Edmund want his legitimate brother disinherited?
(a) So that Edmund can live as a nobleman.
(b) So that Edmund can have all their father's attention.
(c) So that Edmund can sell off all the land.
(d) So that Edmund can inherit everything.
3. Edgar hides in what location to escape his pursuers?
(a) A hollow of a tree.
(b) An abandoned shack.
(c) In tree branches.
(d) Under a bush.
4. In order to escape detection, Edgar decides to disguise himself as what?
(a) A servant.
(b) A carpenter.
(c) A madman.
(d) A farmer.
5. Which character does the line "when old fools are babes again" refer to?
(a) King Lear.
(b) Duke of Albany.
(c) The Fool.
(d) King of France.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edmund have that is supposedly from his brother?
2. Edmund tells his brother that he fears someone has turned Gloucester against him and then tells his brother to do what?
3. Gloucester blames the effects of what for affecting relationships?
4. By what title does Oswald refer to Goneril as in Act I, Scene 3?
5. Who are the three speakers in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)