|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Edmund's legitimate brother?
2. Where does Act 1, Scene 5 take place?
(a) In the upstairs of the Duke of Albany's palace.
(b) In the hall of the Duke of Albany's palace.
(c) In the court before the Duke of Albany's palace.
(d) In the stable of the Duke of Albany's palace.
3. In Act I, Scene 3, what are the names of the characters who speak?
(a) King Lear and Goneril.
(b) Goneril, Oswald, and King Lear.
(c) Goneril and Oswald.
(d) King Lear and Oswald.
4. Who is the protagonist in the play?
(c) Duke of Cornwall.
(d) King Lear.
5. Edmund tells his brother that he fears someone has turned Gloucester against him and then tells his brother to do what?
(a) Arm himself.
(b) Find out who the informant is.
(c) Leave quickly.
(d) Issue a challenge.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Edmund tells his brother that his father is horribly angry with him, what does Edmund advise his brother to do?
2. To aide in his disguise, what does Edgar do to his hair?
3. King Lear has brought how many servants and knights to stay with Goneril?
4. What is the name Edgar uses in place of his own?
5. What is Edmund going to do in order to assure Gloucester that his brother's intent isn't to hurt Gloucester?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)