|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Edmund cuts his arm with what weapon after he and Edgar pretend to fight?
(a) A knife.
(b) An arrow.
(c) A dagger.
(d) A sword.
2. Where is King Lear going to go when he leaves Goneril's house?
(a) His palace.
(b) His summer home.
(c) Regan's house.
3. Oswald is what relation to Goneril?
(a) Her steward.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her son.
4. Why does Edmund want his legitimate brother disinherited?
(a) So that Edmund can inherit everything.
(b) So that Edmund can sell off all the land.
(c) So that Edmund can have all their father's attention.
(d) So that Edmund can live as a nobleman.
5. Who is Edmund's father?
(a) King Lear.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the three speakers in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. Goneril's goal is to have King Lear go and stay with whom, rather than stay at her house?
3. Curan holds what position in society?
4. Gloucester orders Edgar captured and killed because Gloucester thinks Edgar did what to Edmund?
5. While King Lear is staying with Goneril, she complains that his knights are doing what?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)