|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When King Lear gets ready to depart Goneril's house, what is his method of travel?
(a) By cart.
(b) By carriage.
(c) On horseback.
(d) By foot.
2. How does Edmund characterize the belief that people having in the stars and planets ruling their lives?
(a) As superstitious.
(b) As genuine.
(c) As truth.
(d) As preposterous.
3. Where does Act I, Scene 3 take place?
(a) Goneril's summer home.
(b) The Duke of Burgundy's palace.
(c) The King's palace.
(d) The Duke of Albany's palace.
4. While King Lear is staying with Goneril, she complains that his knights are doing what?
(a) Interfering with her household.
(b) Taking up too much space.
(c) Causing problems with the children.
(d) Eating too much food.
5. To aide in his disguise, what does Edgar do to his hair?
(a) He rubs mud in it.
(b) He cuts it.
(c) He knots it.
(d) He shaves it all off.
Short Answer Questions
1. Edmund cuts his arm with what weapon after he and Edgar pretend to fight?
2. Who says: "Thou shouldst not have been old till thou hadst been wise"
3. Why does Edmund want his legitimate brother disinherited?
4. When Edmund tells his brother that his father is horribly angry with him, what does Edmund advise his brother to do?
5. Where does Act 1, Scene 5 take place?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)