|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Edmund tells his brother that he fears someone has turned Gloucester against him and then tells his brother to do what?
(a) Leave quickly.
(b) Find out who the informant is.
(c) Issue a challenge.
(d) Arm himself.
2. Goneril's goal is to have King Lear go and stay with whom, rather than stay at her house?
(a) Her sister's house.
(b) His palace.
(c) Her brother's house.
(d) His summer palace.
3. In order to escape detection, Edgar decides to disguise himself as what?
(a) A servant.
(b) A carpenter.
(c) A madman.
(d) A farmer.
4. The paper Edmund has, which he is going to show to Gloucester as proof of his brother's treachery, says that the older generation should do what with their riches?
(a) Hold onto them.
(b) Give them to the poor.
(c) Give them to the younger men.
(d) Use them to benefit their children.
5. Oswald is what relation to Goneril?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her steward.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Edmund want his legitimate brother disinherited?
2. Who are the three speakers in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. Where is King Lear going to go when he leaves Goneril's house?
4. Who is Edmund's father?
5. What are the rumors that Curan tells Edmund?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)