|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Act I, Scene 3 take place?
(a) The King's palace.
(b) The Duke of Albany's palace.
(c) Goneril's summer home.
(d) The Duke of Burgundy's palace.
2. While King Lear is staying with Goneril, she complains that his knights are doing what?
(a) Interfering with her household.
(b) Taking up too much space.
(c) Causing problems with the children.
(d) Eating too much food.
3. What does Edmund have that is supposedly from his brother?
(a) A book.
(b) A letter.
(c) A seal.
(d) A ring.
4. What did Goneril's gentleman do that causes King Lear to strike him?
(a) Chiding the Fool.
(b) Chiding the King.
(c) Refusing one of the knight's requests.
(d) Entering a building before the King.
5. The paper Edmund has, which he is going to show to Gloucester as proof of his brother's treachery, says that the older generation should do what with their riches?
(a) Use them to benefit their children.
(b) Give them to the poor.
(c) Give them to the younger men.
(d) Hold onto them.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act I, Scene 3, what are the names of the characters who speak?
2. Where does Act 1, Scene 5 take place?
3. Why does Edmund want his legitimate brother disinherited?
4. Oswald is what relation to Goneril?
5. Before leaving Goneril's house, what does the Fool warn King Lear about?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)