|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Edmund's legitimate brother?
2. Where does Act I, Scene 3 take place?
(a) The Duke of Albany's palace.
(b) Goneril's summer home.
(c) The Duke of Burgundy's palace.
(d) The King's palace.
3. Goneril's goal is to have King Lear go and stay with whom, rather than stay at her house?
(a) His summer palace.
(b) His palace.
(c) Her brother's house.
(d) Her sister's house.
4. In Act I, Scene 3, what are the names of the characters who speak?
(a) Goneril and Oswald.
(b) King Lear and Goneril.
(c) King Lear and Oswald.
(d) Goneril, Oswald, and King Lear.
5. Gloucester, when mentioning the effect of the stars and planets on relationships, says that these effects have caused King Lear to do what to Cordelia?
(a) Turn against her.
(b) Marry her to someone she doesn't like.
(c) Love her.
(d) Send her away.
Short Answer Questions
1. In order to escape detection, Edgar decides to disguise himself as what?
2. Before leaving Goneril's house, what does the Fool warn King Lear about?
3. When King Lear gets ready to depart Goneril's house, what is his method of travel?
4. What is the name Edgar uses in place of his own?
5. To aide in his disguise, what does Edgar cover his face with?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)