|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who delivers King Lear's letter to his other daughter, while the King is at Goneril's?
(b) The Fool.
(d) A knight.
2. When King Lear gets ready to depart Goneril's house, what is his method of travel?
(a) By carriage.
(b) By foot.
(c) On horseback.
(d) By cart.
3. Goneril's goal is to have King Lear go and stay with whom, rather than stay at her house?
(a) His palace.
(b) Her sister's house.
(c) Her brother's house.
(d) His summer palace.
4. Why does Edmund want his legitimate brother disinherited?
(a) So that Edmund can have all their father's attention.
(b) So that Edmund can sell off all the land.
(c) So that Edmund can live as a nobleman.
(d) So that Edmund can inherit everything.
5. To aide in his disguise, what does Edgar do for clothing?
(a) Uses only a blanket.
(b) Doesn't wear anything.
(c) Uses his old, torn clothing.
(d) Uses old rags.
Short Answer Questions
1. The paper Edmund has, which he is going to show to Gloucester as proof of his brother's treachery, says that the older generation should do what with their riches?
2. Where does Act I, Scene 3 take place?
3. Edmund cuts his arm with what weapon after he and Edgar pretend to fight?
4. When Edmund tells his brother that his father is horribly angry with him, what does Edmund advise his brother to do?
5. Which character does the line "when old fools are babes again" refer to?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)