|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. King Lear has brought how many servants and knights to stay with Goneril?
(a) Three hundred.
(b) Four hundred.
(c) One hundred.
(d) Two hundred.
2. Curan holds what position in society?
3. Edgar hides in what location to escape his pursuers?
(a) A hollow of a tree.
(b) In tree branches.
(c) Under a bush.
(d) An abandoned shack.
4. Edmund cuts his arm with what weapon after he and Edgar pretend to fight?
(a) A knife.
(b) An arrow.
(c) A sword.
(d) A dagger.
5. What are the rumors that Curan tells Edmund?
(a) Rumors of war between Lear and the Duke of Albany.
(b) Rumors of war between Fance and England.
(c) Rumors of war between Lear and Burgundy.
(d) Rumors of war between the Duke of Cornwall and the Duke of Albany.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Edmund's legitimate brother?
2. Gloucester orders Edgar captured and killed because Gloucester thinks Edgar did what to Edmund?
3. Why does Edmund want his legitimate brother disinherited?
4. Gloucester, when mentioning the effect of the stars and planets on relationships, says that these effects have caused King Lear to do what to Cordelia?
5. Before leaving Goneril's house, what does the Fool warn King Lear about?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)