|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Edmund characterize the belief that people having in the stars and planets ruling their lives?
(a) As preposterous.
(b) As superstitious.
(c) As truth.
(d) As genuine.
2. To aide in his disguise, what does Edgar do to his hair?
(a) He cuts it.
(b) He knots it.
(c) He shaves it all off.
(d) He rubs mud in it.
3. What is the name of Edmund's legitimate brother?
4. Where does Act 1, Scene 5 take place?
(a) In the court before the Duke of Albany's palace.
(b) In the hall of the Duke of Albany's palace.
(c) In the stable of the Duke of Albany's palace.
(d) In the upstairs of the Duke of Albany's palace.
5. What did Goneril's gentleman do that causes King Lear to strike him?
(a) Entering a building before the King.
(b) Chiding the Fool.
(c) Chiding the King.
(d) Refusing one of the knight's requests.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says: "Thou shouldst not have been old till thou hadst been wise"
2. When King Lear gets ready to depart Goneril's house, what is his method of travel?
3. Gloucester orders Edgar captured and killed because Gloucester thinks Edgar did what to Edmund?
4. What are the rumors that Curan tells Edmund?
5. What does Edmund have that is supposedly from his brother?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)