|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Edmund characterize the belief that people having in the stars and planets ruling their lives?
(a) As truth.
(b) As superstitious.
(c) As genuine.
(d) As preposterous.
2. Edmund tells his brother that he fears someone has turned Gloucester against him and then tells his brother to do what?
(a) Arm himself.
(b) Find out who the informant is.
(c) Leave quickly.
(d) Issue a challenge.
3. What does Edmund have that is supposedly from his brother?
(a) A ring.
(b) A seal.
(c) A book.
(d) A letter.
4. While King Lear is staying with Goneril, she complains that his knights are doing what?
(a) Taking up too much space.
(b) Interfering with her household.
(c) Causing problems with the children.
(d) Eating too much food.
5. To aide in his disguise, what does Edgar do for clothing?
(a) Uses old rags.
(b) Doesn't wear anything.
(c) Uses only a blanket.
(d) Uses his old, torn clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. The paper Edmund has, which he is going to show to Gloucester as proof of his brother's treachery, says that the older generation should do what with their riches?
2. Gloucester blames the effects of what for affecting relationships?
3. Where does Act 1, Scene 5 take place?
4. Goneril's goal is to have King Lear go and stay with whom, rather than stay at her house?
5. According to Goneril, while King Lear is staying with her, how often does King Lear wrong her?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)