|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Act 1, Scene 5 take place?
(a) In the court before the Duke of Albany's palace.
(b) In the upstairs of the Duke of Albany's palace.
(c) In the hall of the Duke of Albany's palace.
(d) In the stable of the Duke of Albany's palace.
2. What are the rumors that Curan tells Edmund?
(a) Rumors of war between Lear and Burgundy.
(b) Rumors of war between Fance and England.
(c) Rumors of war between Lear and the Duke of Albany.
(d) Rumors of war between the Duke of Cornwall and the Duke of Albany.
3. Goneril's goal is to have King Lear go and stay with whom, rather than stay at her house?
(a) Her brother's house.
(b) His summer palace.
(c) His palace.
(d) Her sister's house.
4. What is the name Edgar uses in place of his own?
(a) Poor Man.
(b) Poor Tom.
(c) Poor Thomas.
(d) Poor Kent.
5. Who delivers King Lear's letter to his other daughter, while the King is at Goneril's?
(b) The Fool.
(c) A knight.
Short Answer Questions
1. If Edmund cannot get his brother disinherited, how much of his father's inheritance will Edmund inherit?
2. How does Edmund characterize the belief that people having in the stars and planets ruling their lives?
3. The paper Edmund has, which he is going to show to Gloucester as proof of his brother's treachery, says that the older generation should do what with their riches?
4. According to Goneril, while King Lear is staying with her, how often does King Lear wrong her?
5. King Lear has brought how many servants and knights to stay with Goneril?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)