|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Edmund tells his brother that he fears someone has turned Gloucester against him and then tells his brother to do what?
(a) Issue a challenge.
(b) Leave quickly.
(c) Find out who the informant is.
(d) Arm himself.
2. Where does Act I, Scene 3 take place?
(a) The Duke of Albany's palace.
(b) The King's palace.
(c) The Duke of Burgundy's palace.
(d) Goneril's summer home.
3. Which character does the line "when old fools are babes again" refer to?
(a) The Fool.
(b) King Lear.
(c) King of France.
(d) Duke of Albany.
4. How does Edmund characterize the belief that people having in the stars and planets ruling their lives?
(a) As truth.
(b) As superstitious.
(c) As genuine.
(d) As preposterous.
5. When Edmund tells his brother that his father is horribly angry with him, what does Edmund advise his brother to do?
(a) Stay away from Gloucester until he cools off.
(b) Write a letter to Gloucester to explain things.
(c) Leave England until Gloucester cools off.
(d) Go and talk to Gloucester to cool him off.
Short Answer Questions
1. King Lear has brought how many servants and knights to stay with Goneril?
2. To aide in his disguise, what does Edgar do for clothing?
3. To aide in his disguise, what does Edgar do to his hair?
4. Where is King Lear going to go when he leaves Goneril's house?
5. Gloucester blames the effects of what for affecting relationships?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)