|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name Edgar uses in place of his own?
(a) Poor Kent.
(b) Poor Thomas.
(c) Poor Tom.
(d) Poor Man.
2. While King Lear is staying with Goneril, how does she command her servants to treat the King and his people?
(c) Like royalty.
3. When Edmund tells his brother that his father is horribly angry with him, what does Edmund advise his brother to do?
(a) Leave England until Gloucester cools off.
(b) Go and talk to Gloucester to cool him off.
(c) Write a letter to Gloucester to explain things.
(d) Stay away from Gloucester until he cools off.
4. What did Goneril's gentleman do that causes King Lear to strike him?
(a) Chiding the King.
(b) Chiding the Fool.
(c) Refusing one of the knight's requests.
(d) Entering a building before the King.
5. Which character does the line "when old fools are babes again" refer to?
(a) The Fool.
(b) King of France.
(c) Duke of Albany.
(d) King Lear.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gloucester orders Edgar captured and killed because Gloucester thinks Edgar did what to Edmund?
2. Gloucester, when mentioning the effect of the stars and planets on relationships, says that these effects have caused King Lear to do what to Cordelia?
3. In Act I, Scene 3, what are the names of the characters who speak?
4. Curan holds what position in society?
5. Edmund tells his brother that he fears someone has turned Gloucester against him and then tells his brother to do what?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)