|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Edmund tells his brother that his father is horribly angry with him, what does Edmund advise his brother to do?
(a) Stay away from Gloucester until he cools off.
(b) Leave England until Gloucester cools off.
(c) Write a letter to Gloucester to explain things.
(d) Go and talk to Gloucester to cool him off.
2. Who is Edmund's father?
(c) King Lear.
3. Which character does the line "when old fools are babes again" refer to?
(a) King Lear.
(b) The Fool.
(c) Duke of Albany.
(d) King of France.
4. To aide in his disguise, what does Edgar cover his face with?
5. What did Goneril's gentleman do that causes King Lear to strike him?
(a) Entering a building before the King.
(b) Chiding the Fool.
(c) Chiding the King.
(d) Refusing one of the knight's requests.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the three speakers in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. How does Edmund characterize the belief that people having in the stars and planets ruling their lives?
3. Gloucester blames the effects of what for affecting relationships?
4. Before leaving Goneril's house, what does the Fool warn King Lear about?
5. Why does Edmund want his legitimate brother disinherited?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)