|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is King Lear going to go when he leaves Goneril's house?
(a) His palace.
(b) Regan's house.
(d) His summer home.
2. When Edmund tells his brother that his father is horribly angry with him, what does Edmund advise his brother to do?
(a) Stay away from Gloucester until he cools off.
(b) Go and talk to Gloucester to cool him off.
(c) Leave England until Gloucester cools off.
(d) Write a letter to Gloucester to explain things.
3. Edgar hides in what location to escape his pursuers?
(a) In tree branches.
(b) Under a bush.
(c) An abandoned shack.
(d) A hollow of a tree.
4. In order to escape detection, Edgar decides to disguise himself as what?
(a) A madman.
(b) A servant.
(c) A farmer.
(d) A carpenter.
5. To aide in his disguise, what does Edgar do for clothing?
(a) Uses old rags.
(b) Uses only a blanket.
(c) Doesn't wear anything.
(d) Uses his old, torn clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before leaving Goneril's house, what does the Fool warn King Lear about?
2. What is the name of Edmund's legitimate brother?
3. What does Edmund have that is supposedly from his brother?
4. How does Edmund characterize the belief that people having in the stars and planets ruling their lives?
5. When King Lear gets ready to depart Goneril's house, what is his method of travel?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)