|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Act 1, Scene 5 take place?
(a) In the court before the Duke of Albany's palace.
(b) In the hall of the Duke of Albany's palace.
(c) In the upstairs of the Duke of Albany's palace.
(d) In the stable of the Duke of Albany's palace.
2. Curan holds what position in society?
3. Goneril's goal is to have King Lear go and stay with whom, rather than stay at her house?
(a) His summer palace.
(b) Her sister's house.
(c) His palace.
(d) Her brother's house.
4. Where is King Lear going to go when he leaves Goneril's house?
(b) His palace.
(c) His summer home.
(d) Regan's house.
5. King Lear has brought how many servants and knights to stay with Goneril?
(a) One hundred.
(b) Two hundred.
(c) Four hundred.
(d) Three hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says: "Thou shouldst not have been old till thou hadst been wise"
2. By what title does Oswald refer to Goneril as in Act I, Scene 3?
3. What is Edmund going to do in order to assure Gloucester that his brother's intent isn't to hurt Gloucester?
4. Edmund cuts his arm with what weapon after he and Edgar pretend to fight?
5. Why does Edmund want his legitimate brother disinherited?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)