|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has to happen in order for Edgar to be reunited with his father?
(a) Edgar has to not be mad.
(b) Edgar has to find his father.
(c) Edgar's innocence has to be proven.
(d) Edgar must repent of his actions.
2. Who is the protagonist in the play?
(b) King Lear.
(c) Duke of Cornwall.
3. Where does Act I, Scene 3 take place?
(a) The Duke of Albany's palace.
(b) Goneril's summer home.
(c) The King's palace.
(d) The Duke of Burgundy's palace.
4. Gloucester orders Edgar captured and killed because Gloucester thinks Edgar did what to Edmund?
(a) Gloucester thinks Edgar betrayed Edmund.
(b) Gloucester thinks Edgar stabbed Edmund.
(c) Gloucester thinks Edgar hurt Edmund.
(d) Gloucester thinks Edgar killed Edmund.
5. Edmund is going to betray Gloucester to whom?
(a) The Duke.
(b) The knights.
(c) The King.
(d) The Earl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Goneril's goal is to have King Lear go and stay with whom, rather than stay at her house?
2. Which character does the line "when old fools are babes again" refer to?
3. Who makes Lear sleep while they are in the farmhouse?
4. Edmund is going to betray Gloucester in order to do what?
5. To whom is Gloucester loyal?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)