|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Edmund is going to betray Gloucester to whom?
(a) The King.
(b) The Earl.
(c) The Duke.
(d) The knights.
2. What has to happen in order for Edgar to be reunited with his father?
(a) Edgar has to not be mad.
(b) Edgar must repent of his actions.
(c) Edgar has to find his father.
(d) Edgar's innocence has to be proven.
3. Which character does the line "when old fools are babes again" refer to?
(a) Duke of Albany.
(b) King of France.
(c) The Fool.
(d) King Lear.
4. Curan holds what position in society?
5. Edmund cuts his arm with what weapon after he and Edgar pretend to fight?
(a) A sword.
(b) A knife.
(c) An arrow.
(d) A dagger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Goneril's gentleman do that causes King Lear to strike him?
2. Who makes Lear sleep while they are in the farmhouse?
3. Gloucester tells Edmund there has been a falling out between which two dukes?
4. Where does Act I, Scene 3 take place?
5. Who is the protagonist in the play?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)