|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lear bemoans his treatment at Goneril's house, what does Regan say?
(a) Regan says that she will be different.
(b) Regan agrees with Lear.
(c) Regan doesn't say anything.
(d) Regan defends Goneril.
2. Edmund cuts his arm with what weapon after he and Edgar pretend to fight?
(a) A sword.
(b) A dagger.
(c) A knife.
(d) An arrow.
3. In Act I, Scene 3, what are the names of the characters who speak?
(a) Goneril and Oswald.
(b) Goneril, Oswald, and King Lear.
(c) King Lear and Oswald.
(d) King Lear and Goneril.
4. What did Oswald's letter from Goneril cause Regan and Cornwall to do?
(a) Go hunting for food.
(b) Immediately depart.
(c) Leave for the King's castle.
(d) Stay and clean.
5. While King Lear is staying with Goneril, she complains that his knights are doing what?
(a) Taking up too much space.
(b) Interfering with her household.
(c) Causing problems with the children.
(d) Eating too much food.
Short Answer Questions
1. Edgar is left alone at the farmhouse and hopes that the King will be able to do what?
2. Gloucester orders Edgar captured and killed because Gloucester thinks Edgar did what to Edmund?
3. Where does Act 3, Scene 3 take place?
4. Who are the three speakers in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. Who is the protagonist in the play?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)