|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Oswald is what relation to Goneril?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her steward.
2. What are the rumors that Curan tells Edmund?
(a) Rumors of war between Lear and Burgundy.
(b) Rumors of war between Fance and England.
(c) Rumors of war between the Duke of Cornwall and the Duke of Albany.
(d) Rumors of war between Lear and the Duke of Albany.
3. When Lear sees Kent in the stocks, he asks Kent what question?
(a) He asks if Kent is amusing himself.
(b) He asks if Kent hurt anyone.
(c) He asks if Kent has slept.
(d) He asks if Kent likes being in the stocks.
4. Who tells Kent of a plot against the King?
(a) His dreams.
(b) A gentleman.
(d) The stars.
5. King Lear has brought how many servants and knights to stay with Goneril?
(a) One hundred.
(b) Four hundred.
(c) Two hundred.
(d) Three hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. Edgar is left alone at the farmhouse and hopes that the King will be able to do what?
2. In Act I, Scene 3, what are the names of the characters who speak?
3. When Lear bemoans his treatment at Goneril's house, what does Regan say?
4. Who makes Lear sleep while they are in the farmhouse?
5. According to Goneril, while King Lear is staying with her, how often does King Lear wrong her?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)