|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Kent of a plot against the King?
(a) His dreams.
(b) A gentleman.
(c) The stars.
2. What did Goneril's gentleman do that causes King Lear to strike him?
(a) Chiding the Fool.
(b) Refusing one of the knight's requests.
(c) Entering a building before the King.
(d) Chiding the King.
3. When Lear sees Kent in the stocks, he asks Kent what question?
(a) He asks if Kent is amusing himself.
(b) He asks if Kent hurt anyone.
(c) He asks if Kent has slept.
(d) He asks if Kent likes being in the stocks.
4. Curan holds what position in society?
5. Gloucester orders Edgar captured and killed because Gloucester thinks Edgar did what to Edmund?
(a) Gloucester thinks Edgar stabbed Edmund.
(b) Gloucester thinks Edgar hurt Edmund.
(c) Gloucester thinks Edgar betrayed Edmund.
(d) Gloucester thinks Edgar killed Edmund.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the protagonist in the play?
2. Gloucester tells Edmund there has been a falling out between which two dukes?
3. After Lear laments his ungrateful daughters, what begins?
4. Goneril and Cornwall order Gloucester to do what if Lear returns to the castle?
5. Edgar is left alone at the farmhouse and hopes that the King will be able to do what?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)