|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Goneril's goal is to have King Lear go and stay with whom, rather than stay at her house?
(a) Her sister's house.
(b) His summer palace.
(c) Her brother's house.
(d) His palace.
2. Who makes Lear sleep while they are in the farmhouse?
(d) The Fool.
3. Edmund is going to betray Gloucester in order to do what?
(a) Gain more for himself.
(b) Be selfish.
(c) Get married to Cordelia.
(d) Get Gloucester's land.
4. To whom is Gloucester loyal?
(b) Duke of Albany.
(c) The King.
(d) Duke of Cornwall.
5. Edmund cuts his arm with what weapon after he and Edgar pretend to fight?
(a) A knife.
(b) A dagger.
(c) An arrow.
(d) A sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. Oswald is what relation to Goneril?
2. Gloucester tells Edmund there has been a falling out between which two dukes?
3. Regan and Goneril tell Lear that he is what type of a man?
4. Gloucester orders Edgar captured and killed because Gloucester thinks Edgar did what to Edmund?
5. What did Oswald's letter from Goneril cause Regan and Cornwall to do?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)