|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
(a) Albany's castle.
(b) Goneril's castle.
(c) Gloucester's castle.
(d) Lear's castle.
2. Goneril's goal is to have King Lear go and stay with whom, rather than stay at her house?
(a) His summer palace.
(b) Her brother's house.
(c) Her sister's house.
(d) His palace.
3. What are the rumors that Curan tells Edmund?
(a) Rumors of war between Fance and England.
(b) Rumors of war between Lear and Burgundy.
(c) Rumors of war between Lear and the Duke of Albany.
(d) Rumors of war between the Duke of Cornwall and the Duke of Albany.
4. Curan holds what position in society?
5. Who tells Kent of a plot against the King?
(a) His dreams.
(b) The stars.
(c) A gentleman.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lear sees Kent in the stocks, he asks Kent what question?
2. Regan and Goneril tell Lear that he is what type of a man?
3. Edmund cuts his arm with what weapon after he and Edgar pretend to fight?
4. Which character does the line "when old fools are babes again" refer to?
5. By what title does Oswald refer to Goneril as in Act I, Scene 3?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)