|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Edmund cuts his arm with what weapon after he and Edgar pretend to fight?
(a) A sword.
(b) An arrow.
(c) A dagger.
(d) A knife.
2. Edmund is going to betray Gloucester in order to do what?
(a) Get Gloucester's land.
(b) Be selfish.
(c) Gain more for himself.
(d) Get married to Cordelia.
3. What did Oswald's letter from Goneril cause Regan and Cornwall to do?
(a) Stay and clean.
(b) Go hunting for food.
(c) Immediately depart.
(d) Leave for the King's castle.
4. Who makes Lear sleep while they are in the farmhouse?
(c) The Fool.
5. Who is the protagonist in the play?
(b) Duke of Cornwall.
(c) King Lear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Goneril's gentleman do that causes King Lear to strike him?
2. In Act I, Scene 3, what are the names of the characters who speak?
3. When Lear sees Kent in the stocks, he asks Kent what question?
4. While King Lear is staying with Goneril, she complains that his knights are doing what?
5. Which character does the line "when old fools are babes again" refer to?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)