|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Act 3, Scene 3 take place?
(a) Gloucester's courtyard.
(b) Gloucester's castle.
(c) Gloucester's hall.
(d) Gloucester's stable.
2. After Lear laments his ungrateful daughters, what begins?
(b) An earthquake.
(c) A storm.
(d) A hurricane.
3. Who is the protagonist in the play?
(a) King Lear.
(b) Duke of Cornwall.
4. Edmund cuts his arm with what weapon after he and Edgar pretend to fight?
(a) A sword.
(b) An arrow.
(c) A dagger.
(d) A knife.
5. Gloucester orders Edgar captured and killed because Gloucester thinks Edgar did what to Edmund?
(a) Gloucester thinks Edgar stabbed Edmund.
(b) Gloucester thinks Edgar betrayed Edmund.
(c) Gloucester thinks Edgar killed Edmund.
(d) Gloucester thinks Edgar hurt Edmund.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Lear, The Fool, Kent, and Gloucester go when they leave the farmhouse?
2. Edgar is left alone at the farmhouse and hopes that the King will be able to do what?
3. When Lear bemoans his treatment at Goneril's house, what does Regan say?
4. According to Goneril, while King Lear is staying with her, how often does King Lear wrong her?
5. Curan holds what position in society?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)