|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the protagonist in the play?
(a) Duke of Cornwall.
(d) King Lear.
2. Goneril's goal is to have King Lear go and stay with whom, rather than stay at her house?
(a) Her brother's house.
(b) Her sister's house.
(c) His palace.
(d) His summer palace.
3. Who tells Kent of a plot against the King?
(b) The stars.
(c) A gentleman.
(d) His dreams.
4. What did Oswald's letter from Goneril cause Regan and Cornwall to do?
(a) Immediately depart.
(b) Leave for the King's castle.
(c) Stay and clean.
(d) Go hunting for food.
5. Where do Lear, The Fool, Kent, and Gloucester go when they leave the farmhouse?
(a) To Cordelia.
(d) To see a doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act I, Scene 3, what are the names of the characters who speak?
2. What has to happen in order for Edgar to be reunited with his father?
3. What did Goneril's gentleman do that causes King Lear to strike him?
4. Who makes Lear sleep while they are in the farmhouse?
5. Where does Act I, Scene 3 take place?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)