|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gloucester tells Edmund to say what if someone asks about Gloucester?
(a) That Gloucester is out of town.
(b) That Gloucester is sick.
(c) That Gloucester is not home.
(d) That Gloucester is away.
2. What did Oswald's letter from Goneril cause Regan and Cornwall to do?
(a) Immediately depart.
(b) Leave for the King's castle.
(c) Stay and clean.
(d) Go hunting for food.
3. In Act I, Scene 3, what are the names of the characters who speak?
(a) Goneril and Oswald.
(b) King Lear and Oswald.
(c) Goneril, Oswald, and King Lear.
(d) King Lear and Goneril.
4. Oswald is what relation to Goneril?
(a) Her steward.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her son.
5. Who makes Lear sleep while they are in the farmhouse?
(d) The Fool.
Short Answer Questions
1. While King Lear is staying with Goneril, she complains that his knights are doing what?
2. Where do Lear, The Fool, Kent, and Gloucester go when they leave the farmhouse?
3. Who tells Kent of a plot against the King?
4. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
5. Who are the three speakers in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)