|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Lear, The Fool, Kent, and Gloucester go when they leave the farmhouse?
(a) To Cordelia.
(d) To see a doctor.
2. According to Goneril, while King Lear is staying with her, how often does King Lear wrong her?
(a) At mealtimes with his demands.
(b) At least once an hour.
(c) Day and night and every hour.
(d) During the day with the demands of his followers.
3. What did Goneril's gentleman do that causes King Lear to strike him?
(a) Chiding the Fool.
(b) Chiding the King.
(c) Refusing one of the knight's requests.
(d) Entering a building before the King.
4. Gloucester orders Edgar captured and killed because Gloucester thinks Edgar did what to Edmund?
(a) Gloucester thinks Edgar killed Edmund.
(b) Gloucester thinks Edgar hurt Edmund.
(c) Gloucester thinks Edgar betrayed Edmund.
(d) Gloucester thinks Edgar stabbed Edmund.
5. What are the rumors that Curan tells Edmund?
(a) Rumors of war between Lear and Burgundy.
(b) Rumors of war between Fance and England.
(c) Rumors of war between the Duke of Cornwall and the Duke of Albany.
(d) Rumors of war between Lear and the Duke of Albany.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
2. Gloucester tells Edmund to say what if someone asks about Gloucester?
3. What has to happen in order for Edgar to be reunited with his father?
4. After Lear laments his ungrateful daughters, what begins?
5. King Lear has brought how many servants and knights to stay with Goneril?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)