|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Goneril, while King Lear is staying with her, how often does King Lear wrong her?
(a) At least once an hour.
(b) Day and night and every hour.
(c) At mealtimes with his demands.
(d) During the day with the demands of his followers.
2. Gloucester tells Edmund to say what if someone asks about Gloucester?
(a) That Gloucester is away.
(b) That Gloucester is not home.
(c) That Gloucester is out of town.
(d) That Gloucester is sick.
3. Who makes Lear sleep while they are in the farmhouse?
(a) The Fool.
4. Goneril and Cornwall order Gloucester to do what if Lear returns to the castle?
(a) Not allow him in.
(b) Make sure he doesn't have any servants with him.
(c) Allow him into the stables only.
(d) Strip him of anything valuable.
5. Who are the three speakers in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Edmund, Curan, and Edgar.
(b) Gloucester, Edgar, and Edmund.
(c) Edgar Curan, and Gloucester.
(d) Edmund Curan, and Gloucester.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has to happen in order for Edgar to be reunited with his father?
2. What did Goneril's gentleman do that causes King Lear to strike him?
3. Where does Act 3, Scene 3 take place?
4. Edmund is going to betray Gloucester in order to do what?
5. Which character does the line "when old fools are babes again" refer to?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)