|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gloucester tells Edmund there has been a falling out between which two dukes?
(a) Albany and Cornwall.
(b) Albany and Camelot.
(c) Burgundy and Albany.
(d) Cornwall and Burgundy.
2. Who is the protagonist in the play?
(a) Duke of Cornwall.
(c) King Lear.
3. Oswald is what relation to Goneril?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her steward.
4. Where does Act 3, Scene 3 take place?
(a) Gloucester's hall.
(b) Gloucester's stable.
(c) Gloucester's castle.
(d) Gloucester's courtyard.
5. According to Goneril, while King Lear is staying with her, how often does King Lear wrong her?
(a) During the day with the demands of his followers.
(b) At mealtimes with his demands.
(c) At least once an hour.
(d) Day and night and every hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. Goneril's goal is to have King Lear go and stay with whom, rather than stay at her house?
2. What did Oswald's letter from Goneril cause Regan and Cornwall to do?
3. Curan holds what position in society?
4. Where do Lear, The Fool, Kent, and Gloucester go when they leave the farmhouse?
5. Edmund is going to betray Gloucester in order to do what?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)