|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act I, Scene 3, what are the names of the characters who speak?
(a) Goneril, Oswald, and King Lear.
(b) Goneril and Oswald.
(c) King Lear and Goneril.
(d) King Lear and Oswald.
2. When Lear sees Kent in the stocks, he asks Kent what question?
(a) He asks if Kent has slept.
(b) He asks if Kent likes being in the stocks.
(c) He asks if Kent hurt anyone.
(d) He asks if Kent is amusing himself.
3. What are the rumors that Curan tells Edmund?
(a) Rumors of war between Fance and England.
(b) Rumors of war between Lear and Burgundy.
(c) Rumors of war between Lear and the Duke of Albany.
(d) Rumors of war between the Duke of Cornwall and the Duke of Albany.
4. Where does Act I, Scene 3 take place?
(a) The Duke of Burgundy's palace.
(b) Goneril's summer home.
(c) The Duke of Albany's palace.
(d) The King's palace.
5. Edmund cuts his arm with what weapon after he and Edgar pretend to fight?
(a) A dagger.
(b) A knife.
(c) A sword.
(d) An arrow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gloucester tells Edmund to say what if someone asks about Gloucester?
2. Oswald is what relation to Goneril?
3. Lear conducts a mock trial of his daughters; who serves as the judges?
4. After Lear laments his ungrateful daughters, what begins?
5. Who are the three speakers in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)