|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Act I, Scene 3 take place?
(a) The Duke of Burgundy's palace.
(b) The King's palace.
(c) The Duke of Albany's palace.
(d) Goneril's summer home.
2. What are the rumors that Curan tells Edmund?
(a) Rumors of war between Fance and England.
(b) Rumors of war between Lear and Burgundy.
(c) Rumors of war between the Duke of Cornwall and the Duke of Albany.
(d) Rumors of war between Lear and the Duke of Albany.
3. By what title does Oswald refer to Goneril as in Act I, Scene 3?
4. Oswald is what relation to Goneril?
(a) Her steward.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her cousin.
5. While King Lear is staying with Goneril, she complains that his knights are doing what?
(a) Eating too much food.
(b) Taking up too much space.
(c) Interfering with her household.
(d) Causing problems with the children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Edmund cuts his arm with what weapon after he and Edgar pretend to fight?
2. According to Goneril, while King Lear is staying with her, how often does King Lear wrong her?
3. Gloucester tells Edmund to say what if someone asks about Gloucester?
4. What has to happen in order for Edgar to be reunited with his father?
5. Edmund is going to betray Gloucester to whom?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)