Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Goneril, while King Lear is staying with her, how often does King Lear wrong her?
(a) At least once an hour.
(b) During the day with the demands of his followers.
(c) At mealtimes with his demands.
(d) Day and night and every hour.
2. Edmund is going to betray Gloucester in order to do what?
(a) Get married to Cordelia.
(b) Get Gloucester's land.
(c) Be selfish.
(d) Gain more for himself.
3. Where do Lear, The Fool, Kent, and Gloucester go when they leave the farmhouse?
(c) To see a doctor.
(d) To Cordelia.
4. Edgar is left alone at the farmhouse and hopes that the King will be able to do what?
(b) Get his lands back.
(c) Live a long life.
(d) Get justice on his daughters.
5. When Lear bemoans his treatment at Goneril's house, what does Regan say?
(a) Regan says that she will be different.
(b) Regan agrees with Lear.
(c) Regan defends Goneril.
(d) Regan doesn't say anything.
Short Answer Questions
1. Edmund is going to betray Gloucester to whom?
2. What did Oswald's letter from Goneril cause Regan and Cornwall to do?
3. In Act I, Scene 3, what are the names of the characters who speak?
4. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
5. Who are the three speakers in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)