|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who brings Cordelia the news that the British armies are marching towards them?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A gentleman.
(c) A messenger.
(d) An officer.
2. Who calls the hovel haunted?
(a) The Fool.
(c) The King.
3. Who carries a torch and finds the King and company in the forest?
4. What does the doctor prescribe to help cure Lear's madness?
(a) Cold water baths.
(b) Herbs and walking.
(c) Sleep and rest.
(d) Nothing can cure madness.
5. What does Oswald say after Kent draws his sword?
(a) Help, ho! Leave me be!
(b) Help, ho! My life be spared!
(c) Help, ho! Sword is drawn!
(d) Help, ho! Murderer, Murderer!
Short Answer Questions
1. Cornwall and Regan administer what punishment to Kent?
2. Lear states that Edgar is the natural man, after his ravings, because of what?
3. Cordelia enters Act 4, Scene 4 with what instruments sounding?
4. Who does Kent ask to "turn thy wheel"?
5. Lear says the anguish of the storm distracts him from what?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)