|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kent repeatedly calls Oswald by what name?
2. Instead of calling Edgar mad, Lear gives him what title?
(b) Wise man.
3. What does Oswald say after Kent draws his sword?
(a) Help, ho! My life be spared!
(b) Help, ho! Murderer, Murderer!
(c) Help, ho! Leave me be!
(d) Help, ho! Sword is drawn!
4. Lear says the anguish of the storm distracts him from what?
(a) The heartbreak of his daughters' treachery.
(b) The heartbreak of losing his kingdom.
(c) The hearbreak of making bad choices.
(d) The heartbreak of losing Cordelia.
5. Who brings Cordelia the news that the British armies are marching towards them?
(a) An officer.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A messenger.
(d) A gentleman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cordelia enters Act 4, Scene 4 with what instruments sounding?
2. Cordelia says she is guiding the French army against the English only because of what?
3. Oswald and Kent meet in front of what structure?
4. Lear states that Edgar is the natural man, after his ravings, because of what?
5. Who calls the hovel haunted?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)