|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oswald say after Kent draws his sword?
(a) Help, ho! My life be spared!
(b) Help, ho! Murderer, Murderer!
(c) Help, ho! Sword is drawn!
(d) Help, ho! Leave me be!
2. Cordelia says she is guiding the French army against the English only because of what?
(a) Her annoyance at her sisters.
(b) Her desire for land.
(c) Her desire to oust her sisters.
(d) Her love for her father.
3. What does the doctor prescribe to help cure Lear's madness?
(a) Herbs and walking.
(b) Sleep and rest.
(c) Nothing can cure madness.
(d) Cold water baths.
4. Cornwall and Regan administer what punishment to Kent?
(a) They whip him.
(b) They put him in the stocks.
(c) They beat him.
(d) They hang him.
5. Cordelia says that France is not fighting the English with which motivation?
Short Answer Questions
1. Lear states that Edgar is the natural man, after his ravings, because of what?
2. Lear refuses to leave the storm and go to safety without whom?
3. Lear says the anguish of the storm distracts him from what?
4. Cordelia enters Act 4, Scene 4 with what instruments sounding?
5. Kent repeatedly calls Oswald by what name?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)