|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cordelia says she is guiding the French army against the English only because of what?
(a) Her love for her father.
(b) Her annoyance at her sisters.
(c) Her desire to oust her sisters.
(d) Her desire for land.
2. Lear states that Edgar is the natural man, after his ravings, because of what?
(a) Edgar is unburdened by heartache.
(b) Edgar owes nobody anything.
(c) Edgar is letting his own mind run free.
(d) Edgar is mad.
3. What does Oswald say after Kent draws his sword?
(a) Help, ho! My life be spared!
(b) Help, ho! Leave me be!
(c) Help, ho! Murderer, Murderer!
(d) Help, ho! Sword is drawn!
4. Who brings Cordelia the news that the British armies are marching towards them?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A messenger.
(c) A gentleman.
(d) An officer.
5. Who carries a torch and finds the King and company in the forest?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls the hovel haunted?
2. What does the doctor prescribe to help cure Lear's madness?
3. Lear refuses to leave the storm and go to safety without whom?
4. Cordelia enters Act 4, Scene 4 with what instruments sounding?
5. Instead of calling Edgar mad, Lear gives him what title?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)