|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the doctor prescribe to help cure Lear's madness?
(a) Cold water baths.
(b) Herbs and walking.
(c) Sleep and rest.
(d) Nothing can cure madness.
2. Oswald and Kent meet in front of what structure?
(a) Albany's stable.
(b) Albany's castle.
(c) Gloucester's castle.
(d) Gloucester's stable.
3. Cordelia says she is guiding the French army against the English only because of what?
(a) Her annoyance at her sisters.
(b) Her desire to oust her sisters.
(c) Her love for her father.
(d) Her desire for land.
4. Who protests punishing Kent without the King's consent?
5. Who calls the hovel haunted?
(b) The King.
(d) The Fool.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Kent ask to "turn thy wheel"?
2. Instead of calling Edgar mad, Lear gives him what title?
3. Cordelia says that France is not fighting the English with which motivation?
4. Cordelia enters Act 4, Scene 4 with what instruments sounding?
5. Cornwall and Regan administer what punishment to Kent?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)