|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Instead of calling Edgar mad, Lear gives him what title?
(a) Wise man.
2. What does the doctor prescribe to help cure Lear's madness?
(a) Cold water baths.
(b) Sleep and rest.
(c) Herbs and walking.
(d) Nothing can cure madness.
3. Lear states that Edgar is the natural man, after his ravings, because of what?
(a) Edgar is unburdened by heartache.
(b) Edgar owes nobody anything.
(c) Edgar is mad.
(d) Edgar is letting his own mind run free.
4. Who protests punishing Kent without the King's consent?
5. Lear says the anguish of the storm distracts him from what?
(a) The heartbreak of losing his kingdom.
(b) The heartbreak of his daughters' treachery.
(c) The heartbreak of losing Cordelia.
(d) The hearbreak of making bad choices.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oswald say after Kent draws his sword?
2. Cordelia says she is guiding the French army against the English only because of what?
3. Cordelia enters Act 4, Scene 4 with what instruments sounding?
4. Who carries a torch and finds the King and company in the forest?
5. Who brings Cordelia the news that the British armies are marching towards them?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)