|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the doctor prescribe to help cure Lear's madness?
(a) Cold water baths.
(b) Nothing can cure madness.
(c) Sleep and rest.
(d) Herbs and walking.
2. Who does Kent ask to "turn thy wheel"?
(c) The sun.
3. Lear refuses to leave the storm and go to safety without whom?
(d) The Fool.
4. Who brings Cordelia the news that the British armies are marching towards them?
(a) An officer.
(b) A gentleman.
(c) A messenger.
(d) A soldier.
5. Who protests punishing Kent without the King's consent?
Short Answer Questions
1. Instead of calling Edgar mad, Lear gives him what title?
2. Lear states that Edgar is the natural man, after his ravings, because of what?
3. Cordelia enters Act 4, Scene 4 with what instruments sounding?
4. What does Oswald say after Kent draws his sword?
5. Who calls the hovel haunted?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)