|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cordelia enters Act 4, Scene 4 with what instruments sounding?
2. Who calls the hovel haunted?
(b) The Fool.
(c) The King.
3. Cornwall and Regan administer what punishment to Kent?
(a) They put him in the stocks.
(b) They beat him.
(c) They whip him.
(d) They hang him.
4. Cordelia says she is guiding the French army against the English only because of what?
(a) Her desire to oust her sisters.
(b) Her desire for land.
(c) Her annoyance at her sisters.
(d) Her love for her father.
5. Lear states that Edgar is the natural man, after his ravings, because of what?
(a) Edgar is unburdened by heartache.
(b) Edgar is mad.
(c) Edgar owes nobody anything.
(d) Edgar is letting his own mind run free.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cordelia says that France is not fighting the English with which motivation?
2. What does the doctor prescribe to help cure Lear's madness?
3. Who protests punishing Kent without the King's consent?
4. Instead of calling Edgar mad, Lear gives him what title?
5. Oswald and Kent meet in front of what structure?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)