Act 1, Scene 1
1. Who is Gloucester's illegitimate son?
2. In the first scene, an attendant is carrying a small crown meant for whom?
(c) The Queen.
3. When King Lear announces that he is retiring, what does he want to do with his lands?
(a) Give them equally to his son-in-laws.
(b) Choose one of his daughters to be Queen.
(c) Divide them equally amongst his daughters.
(d) Reward his youngest daughter with the lands.
4. When Cordelia refuses to profess her undying love for her father (the King), what does her father do?
(a) Her father takes back the jewels.
(b) Her father disowns her.
(c) Her father yells at her.
(d) Her father hits her.
5. What is the name of the person who stands up for Cordelia when her father disinherits her?
6. Which man marries Cordelia even though she doesn't have a dowry?
(a) The Lord of Burgundy.
(b) The Earl of Gloucester.
(c) The King of France.
(d) No one.
This section contains 4,266 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)