|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is seen sitting in Norman McKay's congregation at the very end of "Never Ending Battle?"
(a) Bruce Wayne.
(b) Clark Kent.
(c) Billy Batson.
(d) The Spectre.
2. What reason does Batman give for his alliance and double-crossing of Lex Luthor?
(a) He wanted to throw off Superman.
(b) He wanted to steal Luthor's thunder.
(c) He needed Luthor's facilities to build his robots.
(d) He needed to know what role Captain Marvel played in Luthor's plans.
3. For what purpose are the superheroes housed in the Gulag?
(b) To keep them safe from Luthor.
(c) To learn about justice and respect for life.
(d) Deportation to Mars.
4. According to the Deadman, who was the Spectre in his former life?
(a) A police officer.
(b) Escape artist.
(c) Lion tamer.
(d) Trapeze artist.
5. What side of Wonder Woman does Superman comment upon being uncomfortable with towards the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Her princess side.
(b) Her warrior side.
(c) Her goodwill side.
(d) Her maternal side.
Short Answer Questions
1. What halts Norman McKay's visions of the battle when Superman gains control of Captain Marvel?
2. In a visual gag, who is seen disciplining Swastika and smacking him upside the head when he tries to spit during a ceremony on Paradise Island?
3. Besides using film, how does Lex Luthor torture and brainwash Billy?
4. What does Luthor suggest as being responsible for Superman's immunity to Kryptonite?
5. Whose death turns the tide of the battle?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Superman finally subdue Captain Marvel?
2. Why is the Manhunter from Mars unstable?
3. How and why does Batman turn on Lex Luthor?
4. How is the U.N. justified in sending a plane armed with nuclear warheads to the battle at the Gulag?
5. Why is the Flash able to see Norman McKay?
6. What does Norman McKay realize about Superman's attack on the U.N.?
7. What reasons does Diana give for being stripped of her heritage?
8. Describe the scene where the Spectre points and pronounces "judgment."
9. What is Batman's purpose in joining the battle at the Gulag?
10. According to Batman, what happened to Billy Batson before Lex Luthor got hold of him?
This section contains 1,114 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)