|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Norman McKay realize about the battle at the Gulag?
(a) God will have to end it himself.
(b) Superman will have to die to end it.
(c) No one will die.
(d) It might end the world.
2. Who is being forced into the same decision of judgment as Norman McKay?
(a) Billy Batson.
(b) The Spectre.
(d) Wonder Woman.
3. In a visual gag, who is seen disciplining Swastika and smacking him upside the head when he tries to spit during a ceremony on Paradise Island?
(d) The Spectre.
4. According to Norman, what did Superman lose when he went into seclusion ten years earlier?
(a) His ability to know right from wrong.
(b) His father's teachings.
(c) His conscience.
(d) His connections to Krypton.
5. Where is the Gulag located?
(b) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main reason that there were some survivors from the battle?
2. What halts Norman McKay's visions of the battle when Superman gains control of Captain Marvel?
3. Where does Superman go to find Batman at the end of Chapter 3?
4. What action do Batman and Wonder Woman take in the sky when they are done arguing?
5. Who appears to strike Superman down at the end of "Up in the Sky" as he races to the Gulag?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Superman finally subdue Captain Marvel?
2. How does Lex Luthor torture and brainwash Captain Marvel?
3. Before Wonder Woman leaves for the Gulag, what is her final disagreement with Superman?
4. Why does the death of Von Bach change the tide of the battle?
5. How is the U.N. justified in sending a plane armed with nuclear warheads to the battle at the Gulag?
6. What is significant about Wonder Woman giving Superman his glasses and calling him "Clark?"
7. Who is Deadman and what purpose does he have in "Kingdom Come?"
8. According to Batman, what happened to Billy Batson before Lex Luthor got hold of him?
9. For what does Shazam plead and what is the outcome of his meeting?
10. Describe the Gulag.
This section contains 1,197 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)