|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What purpose did the worms play in Luthor's torture of Billy Batson, according to Batman?
(a) They secreted chemicals that drove him insane.
(b) They ate away at his brain.
(c) They have nestled into his spinal column.
(d) They played no purpose other than creating fear.
2. Who is being forced into the same decision of judgment as Norman McKay?
(a) Billy Batson.
(b) The Spectre.
(c) Wonder Woman.
3. What does Batman accuse Wonder Woman of doing in battle?
(b) Abandoning her troops.
(c) Trying to wipe out all of the heroes who oppose her.
(d) Being too soft.
4. What is Wonder Woman's reward at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) She is allowed to have a child.
(b) She is allowed to retire to Paradise Island.
(c) Her titles and heritage are restored to her.
(d) She marries Superman.
5. How does Wonder Woman say goodbye to Superman before she leads an army to the Gulag?
(a) She gives him her sword.
(b) She slaps him.
(c) She kisses him.
(d) She hugs him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Superman go to find Batman at the end of Chapter 3?
2. How does Captain Marvel react to Superman's attempts to reason with him in battle?
3. Who is seen sitting in Norman McKay's congregation at the very end of "Never Ending Battle?"
4. According to Norman, what did Superman lose when he went into seclusion ten years earlier?
5. According to the Deadman, who was the Spectre in his former life?
Short Essay Questions
1. After the battle, how do the superheroes and the humans begin to repair their world?
2. What is Batman's reaction to Superman's plea for help at the end of Chapter 3?
3. What reasons does Diana give for being stripped of her heritage?
4. Why is the Manhunter from Mars unstable?
5. Why does the Spectre announce it is time to cast judgment to Norman McKay during the battle?
6. What is Batman's purpose in joining the battle at the Gulag?
7. How is the U.N. justified in sending a plane armed with nuclear warheads to the battle at the Gulag?
8. How does Superman finally subdue Captain Marvel?
9. Before Wonder Woman leaves for the Gulag, what is her final disagreement with Superman?
10. Why is the Flash able to see Norman McKay?
This section contains 1,151 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)