|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In a twist at the end of Chapter 2, who is shown joining up with Lex Luthor's forces?
(a) Captain Marvel.
(d) Wonder Woman.
2. During the first battle in "Truth and Justice," who neutralizes the Brain Trust?
(c) The Ray.
3. What reason does Americommando give for "[cleansing] America's shores?"
(a) America is too dirty for everyone.
(b) America's culture is gone.
(c) America does not need any more assimilation.
(d) Kansas is gone, rendering the country too small for everyone.
4. In the beginning of "Strange Visitor," what collides with the eagle in Wesley's vision?
(a) A fist.
(c) A bat.
(d) A sword.
5. Green Lantern patrols above Earth to guard against what kind of threat?
(a) Human mistakes.
(b) Planetary collision.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is NOT one of Batman's human allies that show up in "Truth and Justice?"
2. Although Norman initially refers to the seven heroes in Chapter 2 as "angels," what does he correct himself and call them?
3. How does Batman patrol Gotham City?
4. How does the Spectre refer to Superman and Batman back in their prime?
5. When the Spectre takes Norman with him to Superman's farm in Chapter 1, what does he reveal to the pastor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the relationship between Batman and Superman.
2. What leads up to Wesley Dodd asking random people on the street if "they missed the concept of human achievement?" and what did he mean?
3. Why has Wonder Woman been stripped of her title and heritage?
4. What preempts the appearance of the seven superheroes at the Status of Liberty?
5. What does Superman vow to do in his press conference in "Truth and Justice?"
6. What has happened to Kansas?
7. In what ways has Superman changed from his iconic look in his first appearance in this book?
8. Of what does Norman preach to his congregation in "Strange Visitor" and why?
9. What is the purpose of the Mankind Liberation Front and who is involved?
10. According to the Spectre, why are the members of the U.N. uneasy with the reappearance of the older superheroes?
This section contains 1,045 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)