|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Spectre takes Norman with him to Superman's farm in Chapter 1, what does he reveal to the pastor?
(a) They can neither be seen or heard.
(b) They are seeing past events.
(c) They are seeing future events.
(d) Superman can hear them, but will ignore them.
2. During "Truth and Justice," why must Superman calm Wonder Woman down during battle?
(a) She is becoming too ferocious in battle.
(b) Von Bach keeps provoking her.
(c) She is slowly going insane.
(d) She is grieving for the loss of Kansas.
3. What work is being quoted at the beginning of "Truth and Justice?"
(a) Rolling Stone.
(c) Arabian Nights.
4. After the cable car passengers are saved, what iconic words are uttered by the crowd?
(a) "Look! Up in the sky!"
(b) "My Spidey-sense is tingling."
(c) "I'm Batman."
5. Who is NOT one of the seven heroes to appear in the sky during Americommando's rampage?
(a) Power Woman.
(c) The Ray.
(d) Captain Marvel.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the dialogue-free panels of people reacting to a news bulletin, what state in America has made the news?
2. Who was Wesley when he was younger?
3. What does Wonder Woman lasso during the battle in "Truth and Justice" before it can fall on any innocent bystanders?
4. According to Wesley, how many "thunders" will "utter their voices"?
5. In the first chapter of this book, after Norman leaves the restaurant, what does he do when he comes across the superheroes battling in the street?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Magog feel about himself and Superman?
2. What does Superman vow to do in his press conference in "Truth and Justice?"
3. Describe the relationship between Batman and Superman.
4. Why does Batman refuse to join up with Superman?
5. Of what does Norman preach to his congregation in "Strange Visitor" and why?
6. Why is Americommando attacking the immigrants and refugees at the Statue of Liberty?
7. Describe the restaurant scene at Planet Krypton.
8. Why does the Spectre come to Norman McKay?
9. What preempts the appearance of the seven superheroes at the Status of Liberty?
10. What is the purpose of the Mankind Liberation Front and who is involved?
This section contains 1,019 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)