|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While the cable car full of passengers falls, what does the "blur of motion" change to save the people?
(a) The river's current.
(b) The tracks.
(c) The wind.
(d) The direction of the bridge.
2. In "Truth and Justice," who warns Superman that his actions could lead to the end of the world?
(b) Captain Marvel.
3. What realization does Norman McKay have at the end of the first chapter?
(a) Superman will die.
(b) Batman will betray the humans.
(c) Captain Marvel has gone insane.
(d) Armageddon is just beginning.
4. How does Superman refer to Gotham City, showing his dislike of Batman's methods of keeping order?
(a) Huxley's dream.
(b) A police state.
(c) A utopia.
(d) Orwellian nightmare.
5. What superhero is called both a hero and a terrorist?
(b) The Flash.
(c) The Green Lantern.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wonder Woman lasso during the battle in "Truth and Justice" before it can fall on any innocent bystanders?
2. Much to Batman's annoyance in Chapter 2, who has joined up with Batman?
3. During the first battle in "Truth and Justice," who neutralizes the Brain Trust?
4. Who is the author of "Kingdom Come"?
5. What work is being quoted at the beginning of "Truth and Justice?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of the Mankind Liberation Front and who is involved?
2. How does Magog feel about himself and Superman?
3. What preempts the appearance of the seven superheroes at the Status of Liberty?
4. Describe the relationship between Batman and Superman.
5. According to the Spectre, why are the members of the U.N. uneasy with the reappearance of the older superheroes?
6. Why does Batman spend all of his days and nights in the Bat Cave?
7. What leads up to Wesley Dodd asking random people on the street if "they missed the concept of human achievement?" and what did he mean?
8. Why is Americommando attacking the immigrants and refugees at the Statue of Liberty?
9. Of what does Norman preach to his congregation in "Strange Visitor" and why?
10. What does Superman vow to do in his press conference in "Truth and Justice?"
This section contains 1,038 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)