|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the scene of the first incident Norman and the Spectre witness in Chapter 2?
(a) The Sears Tower.
(b) The Empire State Building.
(c) The St. Louis Arch.
(d) The Statue of Liberty.
2. When the Joker attacked the Daily Planet, of the ninety-three people he killed, who was the "one woman"?
(a) Selina Kyle.
(b) Lana Lang.
(c) Mary Jane Watson.
(d) Lois Lane.
3. When the server dressed as the Green Lantern greets Norman, who does the server mistakenly refer to himself as?
(a) The Green Flash.
(b) The Green Light.
(c) The Green Arrow.
(d) The Green Sword.
4. How does Batman patrol Gotham City?
(b) Trained bats.
(d) His successors.
5. What realization does Norman McKay have at the end of the first chapter?
(a) Superman will die.
(b) Armageddon is just beginning.
(c) Batman will betray the humans.
(d) Captain Marvel has gone insane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What work is being quoted at the beginning of "Truth and Justice?"
2. What is the name of the series of comic books where familiar characters are thrown into different settings?
3. According to Batman, who is responsible for the destruction immediately around him?
4. According to the Spectre in "Truth and Justice," what best kept Superman in touch with his human side?
5. To whom does Americommando go to war against in "Truth and Justice?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Superman vow to do in his press conference in "Truth and Justice?"
2. What constitutes Wesley Dodd's final moments?
3. During the battle at the end of "Strange Visitor," what leads up to the cable car falling?
4. Why does Batman refuse to join up with Superman?
5. In what ways has Superman changed from his iconic look in his first appearance in this book?
6. Of what does Orion warn Superman?
7. Why does Wonder Woman visit Superman in "Strange Visitor?"
8. What leads up to Wesley Dodd asking random people on the street if "they missed the concept of human achievement?" and what did he mean?
9. Of what does Norman preach to his congregation in "Strange Visitor" and why?
10. What preempts the appearance of the seven superheroes at the Status of Liberty?
This section contains 1,026 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)