|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Superman, what is the one thing he and Batman have always had in common?
(a) They respect Lex Luthor's genius.
(b) They both love Wonder Woman.
(c) They do not believe in killing.
(d) They do not like each other.
2. Who pleads with his brethren to help Billy Batson?
(a) Ma Kettle.
(d) Diana's mother.
3. Who pulls Norman McKay from his realm as a spirit into their own plane of existence?
(c) The Flash.
(d) The Green Lantern.
4. For what purpose are the superheroes housed in the Gulag?
(a) Deportation to Mars.
(b) To learn about justice and respect for life.
(d) To keep them safe from Luthor.
5. Where does Superman go to find Batman at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) The Gulag.
(b) The Bat Cave.
(c) Luthor's quarters.
(d) The U.N.
6. How do the leaders of the U.N. react to news of the battle in Kansas?
(a) They release Captain Marvel upon the Gulag.
(b) They send in the army to help Superman.
(c) They evacuate the cities.
(d) A nuclear air-strike is ordered.
7. How does Norman keep Superman from killing everyone in the U.N.?
(a) He tells Superman that Wonder Woman is still alive.
(b) He tells Superman that he is only human.
(c) He tells Superman that everyone still believes in him.
(d) He tells Superman that he will never be forgiven if he continues.
8. How long does it take for the Gulag to go beyond maximum capacity?
(a) Two months.
(b) Two days.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Two years.
9. What action do Batman and Wonder Woman take in the sky when they are done arguing?
(a) They try to stop the nukes from dropping.
(b) They try to get everyone out of the way of the the bombs.
(c) They try to help Superman.
(d) They guide the planes to the right area.
10. What is the main reason that there were some survivors from the battle?
(a) The Spectre protected some of the heroes.
(b) Shazam protected some of the heroes.
(c) Captain Marvel detonated the bomb high in the air.
(d) Orion arrived to take some of the heroes away.
11. Who appears to strike Superman down at the end of "Up in the Sky" as he races to the Gulag?
(a) Lex Luthor.
(b) Wonder Woman.
(d) Captain Marvel.
12. Besides using film, how does Lex Luthor torture and brainwash Billy?
13. After the battle, what does Batman turn Bruce Manor into?
(a) A hospital ward for the wounded.
(b) A school.
(c) An extension of the Bat Cave.
(d) A meeting place for the U.N. delegates.
14. What halts Norman McKay's visions of the battle when Superman gains control of Captain Marvel?
(a) He is pulled away by the Flash.
(b) Superman begs for him to help.
(c) The Spectre announces it is time for judgment.
(d) Captain Marvel sees Norman standing behind Superman's shoulder.
15. Why does Superman turn to Billy to make the ultimate decision on whether to stop the bomb?
(a) Billy is the hope of the humans, not Superman.
(b) Billy has suffered the most.
(c) Superman does not care enough about Earth to decide.
(d) Billy is both a human and superhero.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the report from the Gulag in Chapter 3, what news causes Wonder Woman enough to grief to shatter a table?
2. After the bomb explodes and the Spectre says, "judgment," to what is he pointing?
3. Who is being forced into the same decision of judgment as Norman McKay?
4. Which of the following heroes is NOT sent to the Gulag when Superman and Wonder Woman go to the U.N.?
5. Why is the U.N. unhappy with Superman and Wonder Woman?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)