Chapter 1, Strange Visitor
• Norman McKay sits with his parishioner, Wesley Dodd, in the latter's final moments.
• Wesley, formerly the Sandman, passes his visions of Armageddon to Norman.
• After Wesley's death, Norman becomes plagued by visions from Revelation, including the nuclear destruction of Kansas by careless superheroes (led by Magog).
• Norman fails to preach hope to his congregation and is seen to be struggling with his faith.
• The Spectre, too late to find Wesley Dodd, comes to Norman, telling him he needs him as a guide in order to cast judgment upon those responsible for the end of the world.
• The Spectre takes Norman (invisible as a spirit) to Superman's farm, where he has isolated himself for the last ten years.
• The two spirits witness an encounter between Superman and Wonder Woman, who tells him about Kansas and pleads with him to return and help.
• The Spectre shows Wesley...
This section contains 1,528 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)