|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something Anna says she and Louis have seen while in their palace apartment?
2. What play does the King want performed for the British Ambassador?
3. Why has the King brought Anna to teach his children?
4. What is the King doing when Anna finds him following their fight in the schoolroom?
5. What does Anna tell her son when they get to Siam?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who has been assigned to help Anna teach, and what do they get in return?
2. The Crown Prince tells his father he is worried about what?
3. How does Lady Thiang feel when Anna agrees to speak with the King about Britain?
4. Louis surprised about what when he sees the Kralahome, and what does Anna say to this?
5. What does the King want to send Lincoln, and why?
6. What does Anna say when the King refuses to give her the house she has been promised?
7. What is the first song the King sings as a solo, and what is it about?
8. What does Lady Thiang say about Tuptim after she is accepted by the King?
9. What happens while Tuptim and Lun Tha are singing?
10. What is Anna to do when she gets to Siam?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The King and the Kralahome are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite examples, write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters.
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
Sacrifice is a theme that is very prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)