|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does the Crown Prince tell about his worries?
2. Who speaks the most to Anna when the ship is boarded?
3. Anna says she will make sure the Queen of England knows that the King of Siam is what?
4. What song do the children sing in the third scene?
5. What makes Anna the most upset with the King?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the children doing in the last scene?
2. What does Anna say she does whenever she is afraid?
3. Louis gets excited about what at the beginning of the book?
4. What does the King do when his planned is rushed?
5. What does Anna say about the King after she learns about the letters to Britain?
6. What does the King want to add to the ball for entertainment?
7. What happens as the King shouts out orders to begin preparation for the ball?
8. What does Sir Ramsay say after the feast and play?
9. What is the first song the King sings as a solo, and what is it about?
10. Why does the King want Anna to teach his children?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the characters involved in these scenes?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this play all have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write about their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affects the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Diversity is a major theme in this book as many different lifestyles and ranks in society are involved. How is this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the authors feel it is so important?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)