|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the King think Anna has centered all her lessons around one thing?
2. The King says Anna's lessons all reference what?
3. What song do the children sing in the third scene?
4. Where is the King when Anna finds him following their fight in the schoolroom?
5. Who comes into the classroom when the children are in an uproar?
Short Essay Questions
1. What warnings does the Captain give Anna before she gets to Siam?
2. Louis gets excited about what at the beginning of the book?
3. The Crown Prince tells his father he is worried about what?
4. How does the audience respond to Tuptim's play?
5. What does Lun Tha tell Tuptim after Lady Thiang returns to the theater?
6. What song do Lun Tha and Tuptim sing together, and what is the song's subject?
7. The King dying of what ailment?
8. How does Lady Thiang feel when Anna agrees to speak with the King about Britain?
9. What is Anna to do when she gets to Siam?
10. What does the King want to send Lincoln, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Honor is something for which many of the main characters are striving in this book. Who is most affected by this pursuit, and how does it change the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)