|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leaves to announce Anna's visit to the King?
2. What is the name of the long, low boat seen in Siam?
3. What is the name of the English Queen?
4. What is the title of the King's right-hand man in Siam?
5. Lun Tha is from where?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the children doing in the last scene?
2. What happens as the King shouts out orders to begin preparation for the ball?
3. What does the King write to Anna in a letter, and how does she respond to this?
4. Whom does the King blame for the change in Chulalongkorn, and how does the person feel about this?
5. What does the King want to do when the British Ambassador arrives, and what does Anna say to this?
6. What is the first song the children sing together?
7. The Crown Prince tells his father he is worried about what?
8. What does Anna do after Tuptim is dragged out of the room?
9. What kind of makeup is given to the women at the palace before the feast, and why?
10. What does Lady Thiang say about Tuptim after she is accepted by the King?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Power and Greed are two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 2
Despair is a theme that is used in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 3
The King endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)