|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Anna get upset when she hears she is to live in the palace?
2. Who tells the children to believe everything Anna tells them?
3. What is Anna's husband's name?
4. The King says he is worried about upsetting what by having Anna teach his children?
5. What does the King want to do when the British Ambassador comes to visit Siam?
Short Essay Questions
1. Louis surprised about what when he sees the Kralahome, and what does Anna say to this?
2. How have Tuptim and Lun Tha been able to meet in secret?
3. What is the first song the children sing together?
4. What does the King write to Anna in a letter, and how does she respond to this?
5. What does Anna say to Lady Thiang about love?
6. Who is most afraid of the King's dying, and why?
7. The King dying of what ailment?
8. What warnings does the Captain give Anna before she gets to Siam?
9. What happens to Lun Tha after the attempted escape, and how does Tuptim respond to this?
10. What does the King sense in Chulalongkorn in the last scene, and what does he ask of him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Personal identity is one of the main themes in this book. Where does this theme appear, and how does its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
The King endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
With which character do you relate the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)