|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has to be made for all the women before the British Ambassador arrives in Siam?
2. What is the name of the woman Lun Tha brings to the King?
3. The King says Anna's lessons all reference what?
4. The King says Anna is what when she reminds him of her promised home?
5. At the beginning of the play, from where did the ship initially sail?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the King promise to Anna if the plan is successful?
2. What does Anna say when the King refuses to give her the house she has been promised?
3. What does Lady Thiang say about Tuptim after she is accepted by the King?
4. What does Anna tell the children the world is, and how does the King feel about that?
5. What does Anna say to Lady Thiang about love?
6. What does the King want to add to the ball for entertainment?
7. What does Tuptim tell Lady Thiang she is doing when she is caught leaving the palace before the play?
8. What is the first song the King sings as a solo, and what is it about?
9. What does the King want to do when the British Ambassador arrives, and what does Anna say to this?
10. What does the King do to get Anna to agree to stay and teach his children?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the characters involved in these scenes?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
Power and Greed are two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
This section contains 1,193 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)