|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does the King have?
2. What does the King do in the fourth scene when Anna reminds him of her promised home?
3. What does Anna tell her son when they get to Siam?
4. The King says he is worried about upsetting what by having Anna teach his children?
5. Who is Lady Thiang?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lady Thiang say to comfort the Crown Prince at the news of his dying father?
2. Who is most afraid of the King's dying, and why?
3. Who performs Tuptim's play for the British Ambassador?
4. What happens as the King shouts out orders to begin preparation for the ball?
5. Why does the King want Anna to teach his children?
6. What is the subject of the song that Anna sings after her fight in the classroom with the King?
7. Buddha given credit for what event(s) in Tuptim's play?
8. What does the King want to send Lincoln, and why?
9. What is Anna to do when she gets to Siam?
10. What does the King do when his planned is rushed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The King and the Kralahome are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite examples, write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters.
Essay Topic 2
What are some forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how do these moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Honor is something for which many of the main characters are striving in this book. Who is most affected by this pursuit, and how does it change the course of the plot?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)