|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Anna show the children what about England in the fourth scene?
2. Why has the King brought Anna to teach his children?
3. What does the King do after Anna leaves the schoolroom in tears?
4. What does the King offer Anna in response to her threat?
5. What song does Lady Thiang sing when Anna agrees to speak to the King about Britain?
Short Essay Questions
1. How have Tuptim and Lun Tha been able to meet in secret?
2. What does Anna do after Tuptim is dragged out of the room?
3. What does Lady Thaing call Anna, and why?
4. Buddha given credit for what event(s) in Tuptim's play?
5. What causes an uproar in Anna's classroom?
6. What does Anna do when she hears of Lun Tha's plan the night of the play?
7. Louis gets excited about what at the beginning of the book?
8. What does Anna do when she sees that the King has died?
9. Who is most afraid of the King's dying, and why?
10. How does Lady Thiang feel when Anna agrees to speak with the King about Britain?
Essay Topic 1
The King endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Personal identity is one of the main themes in this book. Where does this theme appear, and how does its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the characters involved in these scenes?
This section contains 1,238 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)