|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the British Ambassador expected to come to Siam?
2. Who is Anna told should bring up the subject of Britain when she speaks with the King?
3. What does Anna say the King has done to her that no one ever has done previously?
4. What play does the King want performed for the British Ambassador?
5. What is the name of Anna's son?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the King want Anna to teach his children?
2. What does Anna say to Lady Thiang about love?
3. What does the King promise to Anna if the plan is successful?
4. Who is most afraid of the King's dying, and why?
5. What does Lun Tha tell Tuptim after Lady Thiang returns to the theater?
6. What does Sir Ramsay say after the feast and play?
7. What does Anna do when she hears of Lun Tha's plan the night of the play?
8. Buddha given credit for what event(s) in Tuptim's play?
9. Why does the King think Anna has chosen the theme for her first few lessons?
10. The schoolroom is used for what purpose during the preparations for the feast?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affect the course of the plot. Why might the authors have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Many different characters in this book are persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how does persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
With which character do you relate the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)