|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the English Queen?
2. Who is Anna told should bring up the subject of Britain when she speaks with the King?
3. What does Lady Thiang call Anna?
4. How long does Anna have to prepare the plan to impress the British Ambassador?
5. What does Anna threaten to do in the fourth scene if she does not get her promised home?
Short Essay Questions
1. The Crown Prince tells his father he is worried about what?
2. What is the first song the children sing together?
3. The King dying of what ailment?
4. The schoolroom is used for what purpose during the preparations for the feast?
5. What does Anna tell the children the world is, and how does the King feel about that?
6. What does Anna say about the King after she learns about the letters to Britain?
7. What is Anna to do when she gets to Siam?
8. What does Tuptim do when she enters the stage in the fourth scene?
9. What does the King accuse Anna of being when she defends Tuptim?
10. How have Tuptim and Lun Tha been able to meet in secret?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how do these moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
The King presents a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What is this philosophy, and how does this different idealism affect the people around him?
Essay Topic 3
Personal identity is one of the main themes in this book. Where does this theme appear, and how does its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot?
This section contains 1,114 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)