|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the King want to do when the British Ambassador comes to visit Siam?
2. What does the King say Anna's themed lessons will cause him to do?
3. What play does the King want performed for the British Ambassador?
4. Lady Thiang compares the King to what in her song?
5. What causes the uproar with the children?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the King want to add to the ball for entertainment?
2. What kind of makeup is given to the women at the palace before the feast, and why?
3. What does Lady Thiang say to comfort the Crown Prince at the news of his dying father?
4. The King dying of what ailment?
5. What does Lady Thaing call Anna, and why?
6. What song do Lun Tha and Tuptim sing together, and what is the song's subject?
7. Anna gets upset about what when the Kralahome speaks to her on the ship, and why?
8. What causes an uproar in Anna's classroom?
9. What does the King write to Anna in a letter, and how does she respond to this?
10. The women in the palace sing about what subject while they are getting ready for the feast?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair is a theme that is used in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affect the course of the plot. Why might the authors have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 1,201 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)