|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the children think when they hear men can walk on frozen rivers?
2. Anna says she will make sure the Queen of England knows that the King of Siam is what?
3. Lun Tha is from where?
4. The King talks about what when Anna comes to see him following their fight in the schoolroom?
5. Whom does the Crown Prince tell about his worries?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lady Thiang say to comfort the Crown Prince at the news of his dying father?
2. What happens as the King shouts out orders to begin preparation for the ball?
3. What does Lady Thaing call Anna, and why?
4. Anna gets upset about what when the Kralahome speaks to her on the ship, and why?
5. What does Anna do when she hears of Lun Tha's plan the night of the play?
6. What happens while Tuptim and Lun Tha are singing?
7. What does Anna do after Tuptim is dragged out of the room?
8. What does Anna tell the children the world is, and how does the King feel about that?
9. What do the letters to Britain say about the King, and how does Anna hear about them?
10. Who has been assigned to help Anna teach, and what do they get in return?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair is a theme that is used in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 2
Personal identity is one of the main themes in this book. Where does this theme appear, and how does its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Power and Greed are two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)