|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has it taken Anna to get to know the customs of Siam?
2. What play does the King want performed for the British Ambassador?
3. Where does Anna teach the King's children?
4. What does the King offer Anna in response to her threat?
5. What makes Anna the most upset with the King?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sir Ramsay say after the feast and play?
2. What does Lady Thiang say to Tuptim when she catches her running away from the palace before the play?
3. Louis surprised about what when he sees the Kralahome, and what does Anna say to this?
4. What does Lun Tha tell Tuptim after Lady Thiang returns to the theater?
5. Buddha given credit for what event(s) in Tuptim's play?
6. What does the King sense in Chulalongkorn in the last scene, and what does he ask of him?
7. What does Lady Thiang say and realize after Anna agrees to talk to the King about Britain?
8. What is Tuptim's play called, and what is its subject?
9. What does Anna say she does whenever she is afraid?
10. What does Anna tell the children the world is, and how does the King feel about that?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how do these moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 1,253 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)