|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the letters to Britain say about the King?
2. What does the King hope to be able to do with Anna's help?
3. Which of the following is NOT something Anna says she and Louis have seen while in their palace apartment?
4. What is the name of the English Queen?
5. What is Anna's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Anna gets upset about what when the Kralahome speaks to her on the ship, and why?
2. What song do Lun Tha and Tuptim sing together, and what is the song's subject?
3. What happens while Tuptim and Lun Tha are singing?
4. The King dying of what ailment?
5. What does Lady Thiang say about Tuptim after she is accepted by the King?
6. What is Tuptim's play called, and what is its subject?
7. What does Anna say when the King refuses to give her the house she has been promised?
8. What does Anna tell the children the world is, and how does the King feel about that?
9. How does Lady Thiang feel when Anna agrees to speak with the King about Britain?
10. What is the subject of the song that Anna sings after her fight in the classroom with the King?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Diversity is a major theme in this book as many different lifestyles and ranks in society are involved. How is this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the authors feel it is so important?
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Many different characters in this book are persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how does persuasion affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)