|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Anna teach the King's children?
2. How does the King of Siam NOT want to appear when the British Ambassador visits Siam?
3. What startles Anna's son about the sight of the King's right-hand man?
4. What makes Anna the most upset with the King?
5. What is the name of the English Queen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What song do Lun Tha and Tuptim sing together, and what is the song's subject?
2. What does Anna tell the children the world is, and how does the King feel about that?
3. What does the King do when his planned is rushed?
4. What does Tuptim tell Lady Thiang she is doing when she is caught leaving the palace before the play?
5. What is the central theme of all of Anna's first lessons?
6. What is the first song the children sing together?
7. Why does Lady Thiang say the King is so emotionally wounded after his scuffle with Anna, and what is Anna's response to this?
8. What does Anna say about the King after she learns about the letters to Britain?
9. Whom does the King blame for the change in Chulalongkorn, and how does the person feel about this?
10. The schoolroom is used for what purpose during the preparations for the feast?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the characters involved in these scenes?
Essay Topic 2
What are some forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how do these moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affect the course of the plot. Why might the authors have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)