|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Crown Prince?
2. What is the title of the King's right-hand man in Siam?
3. The woman brought by Lun Tha ask Anna for what gift?
4. What do the children think when they hear men can walk on frozen rivers?
5. What does the King hope to be able to do with Anna's help?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anna do after Tuptim is dragged out of the room?
2. What does the King sense in Chulalongkorn in the last scene, and what does he ask of him?
3. What does Lady Thaing call Anna, and why?
4. Why does Lady Thiang say the King is so emotionally wounded after his scuffle with Anna, and what is Anna's response to this?
5. What does Anna do when she sees that the King has died?
6. What does Sir Ramsay say after the feast and play?
7. Why does the King want Anna to teach his children?
8. What kind of makeup is given to the women at the palace before the feast, and why?
9. The Crown Prince tells his father he is worried about what?
10. How does the audience respond to Tuptim's play?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair is a theme that is used in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 2
The King presents a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What is this philosophy, and how does this different idealism affect the people around him?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affect the course of the plot. Why might the authors have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)