|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Anna been in Siam before the King sees her?
2. What does Anna tell her son when they get to Siam?
3. Anna says the people of the palace should dress in what style while the British Ambassador is in Siam?
4. Which of the following is NOT something Anna says she and Louis have seen while in their palace apartment?
5. What is the name of the ship at the beginning of the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens while Tuptim and Lun Tha are singing?
2. The schoolroom is used for what purpose during the preparations for the feast?
3. Who performs Tuptim's play for the British Ambassador?
4. How do Anna and the Ambassador know each other, and how does the King respond to this?
5. What does Lady Thiang say to Tuptim when she catches her running away from the palace before the play?
6. What does the King do to get Anna to agree to stay and teach his children?
7. How does Lady Thiang feel when Anna agrees to speak with the King about Britain?
8. What does Lady Thiang say about Tuptim after she is accepted by the King?
9. Louis gets excited about what at the beginning of the book?
10. What is the subject of the song that Anna sings after her fight in the classroom with the King?
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the characters involved in these scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Diversity is a major theme in this book as many different lifestyles and ranks in society are involved. How is this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the authors feel it is so important?
Essay Topic 3
Despair is a theme that is used in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this book?
This section contains 1,229 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)