Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In her song about him, Lady Thiang says the King is set apart from others by what?
2. What does the King call President Lincoln?
3. What does Anna do while the children sing to her in the fourth scene?
4. What has to be made for all the women before the British Ambassador arrives in Siam?
5. Lun Tha is from where?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the letters to Britain say about the King, and how does Anna hear about them?
2. What does Anna say she does whenever she is afraid?
3. Anna gets upset about what when the Kralahome speaks to her on the ship, and why?
4. The schoolroom is used for what purpose during the preparations for the feast?
5. What does the King do to get Anna to agree to stay and teach his children?
6. The Crown Prince tells his father he is worried about what?
7. Whom does the King blame for the change in Chulalongkorn, and how does the person feel about this?
8. What does the King want to add to the ball for entertainment?
9. The women in the palace sing about what subject while they are getting ready for the feast?
10. What does Lady Thiang say about Tuptim after she is accepted by the King?
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Power and Greed are two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
What are some forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how do these moments affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)