Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In her song about him, Lady Thiang says the King is set apart from others by what?
2. What does the King call President Lincoln?
3. What does Anna do while the children sing to her in the fourth scene?
4. What has to be made for all the women before the British Ambassador arrives in Siam?
5. Lun Tha is from where?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the letters to Britain say about the King, and how does Anna hear about them?
2. What does Anna say she does whenever she is afraid?
3. Anna gets upset about what when the Kralahome speaks to her on the ship, and why?
4. The schoolroom is used for what purpose during the preparations for the feast?
5. What does the King do to get Anna to agree to stay and teach his children?
6. The Crown Prince tells his father he is worried about what?
7. Whom does the King blame for the change in Chulalongkorn, and how does the person feel about this?
8. What does the King want to add to the ball for entertainment?
9. The women in the palace sing about what subject while they are getting ready for the feast?
10. What does Lady Thiang say about Tuptim after she is accepted by the King?
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice is a theme that is very prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the characters involved in these scenes?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)