|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Lady Thiang?
2. The King says Anna's lessons all reference what?
3. What song does Lady Thiang sing when Anna agrees to speak to the King about Britain?
4. How does the King of Siam NOT want to appear when the British Ambassador visits Siam?
5. What word(s) does Anna use that enthralls the King when they first meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. The women in the palace sing about what subject while they are getting ready for the feast?
2. What does the King promise to Anna if the plan is successful?
3. What does Lady Thiang say to comfort the Crown Prince at the news of his dying father?
4. What is the first song the children sing together?
5. What does Anna say when the King refuses to give her the house she has been promised?
6. What song do Lun Tha and Tuptim sing together, and what is the song's subject?
7. What does Anna say about the King after she learns about the letters to Britain?
8. What are the children doing in the last scene?
9. What does Lady Thiang say about Tuptim after she is accepted by the King?
10. Anna gets upset about what when the Kralahome speaks to her on the ship, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the characters involved in these scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)