|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song do the children sing in the third scene?
2. What does Anna sing with the children when she talks about learning about Siam?
3. How does the King of Siam NOT want to appear when the British Ambassador visits Siam?
4. What is the name of the ship at the beginning of the play?
5. What is the King doing when Anna finds him following their fight in the schoolroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anna do when she hears of Lun Tha's plan the night of the play?
2. What happens while Tuptim and Lun Tha are singing?
3. What does Lady Thiang say about Tuptim after she is accepted by the King?
4. What is Anna to do when she gets to Siam?
5. Buddha given credit for what event(s) in Tuptim's play?
6. What is the first song the King sings as a solo, and what is it about?
7. What is the first song the children sing together?
8. What causes an uproar in Anna's classroom?
9. Anna gets upset about what when the Kralahome speaks to her on the ship, and why?
10. What does the King do when his planned is rushed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
The King endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)