|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lun Tha is from where?
2. What does Anna do while the children sing to her in the fourth scene?
3. What song does Lady Thiang sing when Anna agrees to speak to the King about Britain?
4. What does Anna sing with the children when she talks about learning about Siam?
5. Why does the King wake up his servants after his talk with Anna about the British Ambassador?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anna say to Lady Thiang about love?
2. What does Lady Thaing call Anna, and why?
3. Louis gets excited about what at the beginning of the book?
4. What does the King promise to Anna if the plan is successful?
5. The schoolroom is used for what purpose during the preparations for the feast?
6. What does Lun Tha tell Tuptim after Lady Thiang returns to the theater?
7. What does Lady Thiang say about Tuptim after she is accepted by the King?
8. What is Anna to do when she gets to Siam?
9. Anna gets upset about what when the Kralahome speaks to her on the ship, and why?
10. What causes an uproar in Anna's classroom?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Personal identity is one of the main themes in this book. Where does this theme appear, and how does its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Diversity is a major theme in this book as many different lifestyles and ranks in society are involved. How is this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the authors feel it is so important?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)