|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Anna get upset when she hears she is to live in the palace?
2. The King says he is worried about upsetting what by having Anna teach his children?
3. The King says he wants his Kingdom to be more _______.
4. Anna says she had known nothing about what before coming to teach the children in Siam?
5. The woman brought by Lun Tha ask Anna for what gift?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens while Tuptim and Lun Tha are singing?
2. Why does Lady Thiang say the King is so emotionally wounded after his scuffle with Anna, and what is Anna's response to this?
3. What does Tuptim tell Lady Thiang she is doing when she is caught leaving the palace before the play?
4. How have Tuptim and Lun Tha been able to meet in secret?
5. What warnings does the Captain give Anna before she gets to Siam?
6. What does the King want to send Lincoln, and why?
7. Why does the King think Anna has chosen the theme for her first few lessons?
8. Who performs Tuptim's play for the British Ambassador?
9. What is the first song the children sing together?
10. What does Anna say she does whenever she is afraid?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Belonging and security are two themes present in this book. Where do these themes appear, and which characters are most motivated by them?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
Power and Greed are two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)