|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In her song about him, Lady Thiang says the King is set apart from others by what?
2. Who comes into the classroom when the children are in an uproar?
3. What do the letters to Britain say about the King?
4. What is Anna's occupation?
5. The King says Anna is what when she reminds him of her promised home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the King do when his planned is rushed?
2. What happens as the King shouts out orders to begin preparation for the ball?
3. Anna gets upset about what when the Kralahome speaks to her on the ship, and why?
4. How have Tuptim and Lun Tha been able to meet in secret?
5. What happens while Tuptim and Lun Tha are singing?
6. What does Anna say to Lady Thiang about love?
7. The women in the palace sing about what subject while they are getting ready for the feast?
8. How do Anna and the Ambassador know each other, and how does the King respond to this?
9. What does Tuptim do when she enters the stage in the fourth scene?
10. What does the King want to send Lincoln, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
Honor is something for which many of the main characters are striving in this book. Who is most affected by this pursuit, and how does it change the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
What are some forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how do these moments affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)