|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the King offer Anna in response to her threat?
(b) A bed in the schoolroom.
(c) A bigger palace apartment.
(d) A home.
2. What is the King doing when Anna finds him following their fight in the schoolroom?
(c) Reading his Bible.
(d) Writing a letter.
3. What does the King want to do when the British Ambassador comes to visit Siam?
(a) Fight him.
(b) Hold a party.
(c) Greet him warmly.
(d) Ignore his presence.
4. What does Anna tell the King she does NOT like about her palace apartment?
(a) The food.
(b) The music.
(c) The guards.
(d) The visitors.
5. What does Anna call Siam when she is alone in her room?
(a) Old Fashioned.
Short Answer Questions
1. Anna tells the children the world is what?
2. What does the King ask his son to tell him in the third scene?
3. What is the name of the Crown Prince?
4. Where does Anna sit while speaking with the King about the Queen of England?
5. Anna says the people of the palace should dress in what style while the British Ambassador is in Siam?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the King write to Anna in a letter, and how does she respond to this?
2. What does Anna do after Tuptim is dragged out of the room?
3. What does the King do to get Anna to agree to stay and teach his children?
4. What song do Lun Tha and Tuptim sing together, and what is the song's subject?
5. What kind of makeup is given to the women at the palace before the feast, and why?
6. What is the first song the children sing together?
7. What happens to Lun Tha after the attempted escape, and how does Tuptim respond to this?
8. What does the King do when his planned is rushed?
9. How does Lady Thiang feel when Anna agrees to speak with the King about Britain?
10. Who performs Tuptim's play for the British Ambassador?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)