|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is on the long, low boat seen in Siam?
(a) A pig.
(b) A dragon.
(c) A fierce bird.
(d) A nude woman.
2. At the beginning of the play, from where did the ship initially sail?
3. What is the name of the Crown Prince?
4. Which of the following is NOT something Anna says she and Louis have seen while in their palace apartment?
(b) New Year celebrations.
5. What is the name of the British Ambassador expected to come to Siam?
(a) Henry Ramsfield.
(b) Edward Ramsay.
(c) Thomas Renford.
(d) Bryan Ringwald.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lun Tha is from where?
2. Anna claims the King is not what when she hears of the letters to Britain?
3. What is the name of Anna's son?
4. What does Anna sing with the children when she talks about learning about Siam?
5. Why is the King unable to meet with Anna when she first arrives?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lady Thaing call Anna, and why?
2. What does Lun Tha tell Tuptim after Lady Thiang returns to the theater?
3. What does Lady Thiang say to Tuptim when she catches her running away from the palace before the play?
4. How have Tuptim and Lun Tha been able to meet in secret?
5. How does Lady Thiang feel when Anna agrees to speak with the King about Britain?
6. How do Anna and the Ambassador know each other, and how does the King respond to this?
7. The King dying of what ailment?
8. What is the subject of the song that Anna sings after her fight in the classroom with the King?
9. What does Sir Ramsay say after the feast and play?
10. What does Anna do when she sees that the King has died?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)