|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The King think the woman that has been brought to him by Lun Tha is what?
(a) A wife.
(b) A prisoner.
(c) A spy.
(d) A concubine.
2. What does the King want to do when the British Ambassador comes to visit Siam?
(a) Fight him.
(b) Greet him warmly.
(c) Ignore his presence.
(d) Hold a party.
3. What gift does the King want to send to help President Lincoln?
4. The woman brought by Lun Tha ask Anna for what gift?
(a) A book.
(b) A fan.
(c) A pen.
(d) Some paper.
5. What is the name of the ship at the beginning of the play?
(a) Chai Phow.
(b) Chau Phia.
(c) Cho Phi.
(d) Chow Phya.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song do the children sing in the third scene?
2. The King says he is worried about upsetting what by having Anna teach his children?
3. Why is the King unable to meet with Anna when she first arrives?
4. Where does Anna teach the King's children?
5. What song does the King sing in the third scene?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens as the King shouts out orders to begin preparation for the ball?
2. What is the first song the children sing together?
3. The Crown Prince tells his father he is worried about what?
4. What happens to Lun Tha after the attempted escape, and how does Tuptim respond to this?
5. Buddha given credit for what event(s) in Tuptim's play?
6. What does Sir Ramsay say after the feast and play?
7. How have Tuptim and Lun Tha been able to meet in secret?
8. How does the audience respond to Tuptim's play?
9. What does the King want to send Lincoln, and why?
10. What is Tuptim's play called, and what is its subject?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)