|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Anna get upset when she hears she is to live in the palace?
(a) She has made plans to stay in a hotel.
(b) She has been promised a separate house.
(c) She thinks she will be living in the school.
(d) She feels unworthy to stay in the palace.
2. In her song about him, Lady Thiang says the King is set apart from others by what?
(a) His intelligent mind.
(b) His tender heart.
(c) His compassion.
(d) His stubborn nature.
3. Anna says the people of the palace should dress in what style while the British Ambassador is in Siam?
4. What startles Anna's son about the sight of the King's right-hand man?
(a) He is covered in tattoos.
(b) He smells bad.
(c) He has dark skin.
(d) He is almost naked.
5. The King says Anna's lessons all reference what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the King's right-hand man in Siam?
2. What does the King say when he hears how Anna has described the world to his children?
3. What do the children think when they hear men can walk on frozen rivers?
4. What is the King doing the first time he is on stage?
5. What does the King hope to be able to do with Anna's help?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the King sense in Chulalongkorn in the last scene, and what does he ask of him?
2. What song do Lun Tha and Tuptim sing together, and what is the song's subject?
3. Who performs Tuptim's play for the British Ambassador?
4. The women in the palace sing about what subject while they are getting ready for the feast?
5. Who has been assigned to help Anna teach, and what do they get in return?
6. What does Anna say to Lady Thiang about love?
7. What is the first song the children sing together?
8. What are the children doing in the last scene?
9. The schoolroom is used for what purpose during the preparations for the feast?
10. What does the King write to Anna in a letter, and how does she respond to this?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)