|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the King say when he hears how Anna has described the world to his children?
(a) He acts confused.
(b) He says it is nonsense.
(c) He says he will look into it.
(d) He agrees.
2. What does the King hope to be able to do with Anna's help?
(a) Trade with the world.
(b) Understand politics.
(c) Communicate with other countries.
(d) Stop the war.
3. Whom does the Crown Prince tell about his worries?
(a) The King.
(b) The Kralahome.
(c) Lady Thiang.
4. Which of the following is NOT something Anna says she and Louis have seen while in their palace apartment?
(b) New Year celebrations.
5. What is Anna's husband's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. The first song in the play is about what?
2. What song does Lady Thiang sing when Anna agrees to speak to the King about Britain?
3. What word(s) does Anna use that enthralls the King when they first meet?
4. What does Anna tell her son when they get to Siam?
5. Why does the King wake up his servants after his talk with Anna about the British Ambassador?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the letters to Britain say about the King, and how does Anna hear about them?
2. How have Tuptim and Lun Tha been able to meet in secret?
3. What does the King accuse Anna of being when she defends Tuptim?
4. What does the King promise to Anna if the plan is successful?
5. What does Lun Tha tell Tuptim after Lady Thiang returns to the theater?
6. What happens as the King shouts out orders to begin preparation for the ball?
7. What causes an uproar in Anna's classroom?
8. What song do Lun Tha and Tuptim sing together, and what is the song's subject?
9. What does the King want to do when the British Ambassador arrives, and what does Anna say to this?
10. What does Anna say about the King after she learns about the letters to Britain?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)