|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of the play, from where did the ship initially sail?
2. Anna tells the children the world is what?
(a) A big ball.
(b) A travelling caravan.
(c) A bubble.
(d) A floating orb.
3. Who has written the play that the King wants performed for the British Ambassador?
(b) Mark Twain.
(c) Harriet Beecher Stow.
4. What does the King offer Anna in response to her threat?
(a) A bigger palace apartment.
(b) A bed in the schoolroom.
(d) A home.
5. What is Anna's husband's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. The King tells Anna to talk to whom when he leaves her after she demands a separate house?
2. What does the King do after Anna leaves the schoolroom in tears?
3. What play does the King want performed for the British Ambassador?
4. The children are shocked about what when they see what Anna shows them in the fourth Scene?
5. Why does the woman brought by Lun Tha say she can never please the King?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first song the King sings as a solo, and what is it about?
2. What causes an uproar in Anna's classroom?
3. What does the King want to send Lincoln, and why?
4. What does the King accuse Anna of being when she defends Tuptim?
5. What does the King want to add to the ball for entertainment?
6. What does the King do to get Anna to agree to stay and teach his children?
7. How does the audience respond to Tuptim's play?
8. What does Anna do when she sees that the King has died?
9. What do the letters to Britain say about the King, and how does Anna hear about them?
10. What kind of makeup is given to the women at the palace before the feast, and why?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)