|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the King wake up his servants after his talk with Anna about the British Ambassador?
(a) To begin teaching them English.
(b) To inform them of the plan.
(c) To sew the dresses.
(d) To dictate a message.
2. Why does Anna get upset when she hears she is to live in the palace?
(a) She thinks she will be living in the school.
(b) She has made plans to stay in a hotel.
(c) She feels unworthy to stay in the palace.
(d) She has been promised a separate house.
3. Who speaks the most to Anna when the ship is boarded?
(a) The Prince.
(b) The interpreter.
(c) The head wife.
(d) The Kralahome.
4. The King says his Crown Prince is a symbol of what?
(a) A new beginning.
(c) The future.
(d) His past.
5. What does the King do in the fourth scene when Anna reminds him of her promised home?
(a) Slaps her.
(b) Ignores her.
(c) Laughs at her.
(d) Yells at her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Thiang feel when Anna agrees to speak with the King about Britain?
2. What startles Anna's son about the sight of the King's right-hand man?
3. What does Anna want the King to do when the British Ambassador comes to visit Siam?
4. What does the King ask his son to tell him in the third scene?
5. What is Anna's husband's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the King sense in Chulalongkorn in the last scene, and what does he ask of him?
2. What does Anna say about the King after she learns about the letters to Britain?
3. What does the King want to add to the ball for entertainment?
4. What does the King promise to Anna if the plan is successful?
5. What does the King want to do when the British Ambassador arrives, and what does Anna say to this?
6. What does the King accuse Anna of being when she defends Tuptim?
7. What happens while Tuptim and Lun Tha are singing?
8. How do Anna and the Ambassador know each other, and how does the King respond to this?
9. What do the letters to Britain say about the King, and how does Anna hear about them?
10. Who is most afraid of the King's dying, and why?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)