|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first song in the play is about what?
2. The children are shocked about what when they see what Anna shows them in the fourth Scene?
(a) Siam is small.
(b) There are 26 symbols.
(c) A camera can capture a real person's image.
(d) There is enough words to fill a book.
3. What play does the King want performed for the British Ambassador?
(a) Romeo and Juliet.
(b) Huckleberry Finn.
(c) The Wild Duck.
(d) Uncle Tom's Cabin.
4. Where does Anna sit while speaking with the King about the Queen of England?
(a) The floor.
(b) A child's chair.
(c) A desk.
(d) A throne.
5. What does Anna do while the children sing to her in the fourth scene?
(a) Dances with them.
(b) Leads them around the garden.
(c) Hugs each of them.
(d) Sings with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Anna tells the children the world is what?
2. The King says he is worried about upsetting what by having Anna teach his children?
3. Who speaks the most to Anna when the ship is boarded?
4. What does Anna threaten to do in the fourth scene if she does not get her promised home?
5. What word(s) does Anna use that enthralls the King when they first meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the King want Anna to teach his children?
2. Who has been assigned to help Anna teach, and what do they get in return?
3. What happens as the King shouts out orders to begin preparation for the ball?
4. What does Anna do when she sees that the King has died?
5. What does Lady Thiang say to Tuptim when she catches her running away from the palace before the play?
6. Who performs Tuptim's play for the British Ambassador?
7. What is Tuptim's play called, and what is its subject?
8. What is the subject of the song that Anna sings after her fight in the classroom with the King?
9. Anna gets upset about what when the Kralahome speaks to her on the ship, and why?
10. What does the King want to send Lincoln, and why?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)