|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who speaks the most to Anna when the ship is boarded?
(a) The interpreter.
(b) The Prince.
(c) The Kralahome.
(d) The head wife.
2. The song Anna sings alone in her room is about what?
(a) Broken promises.
(b) Her anger with the King.
(c) The customs of Siam.
(d) Her home in England.
3. What does the King want to do when the British Ambassador comes to visit Siam?
(a) Ignore his presence.
(b) Greet him warmly.
(c) Hold a party.
(d) Fight him.
4. What is the name of the Crown Prince?
5. Why is the King emotionally wounded by what Anna has said in the classroom?
(a) He knows she is wrong.
(b) He is not given a chance to explain himself.
(c) She is correct.
(d) No one ever speaks to him like that.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does the King want to send to help President Lincoln?
2. Why does the King think Anna has centered all her lessons around one thing?
3. What is the name of the British Ambassador expected to come to Siam?
4. What does the King do in the fourth scene when Anna reminds him of her promised home?
5. What does Anna sing with the children when she talks about learning about Siam?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whom does the King blame for the change in Chulalongkorn, and how does the person feel about this?
2. Anna gets upset about what when the Kralahome speaks to her on the ship, and why?
3. What does Anna do when she hears of Lun Tha's plan the night of the play?
4. What are the children doing in the last scene?
5. The Crown Prince tells his father he is worried about what?
6. What is the first song the children sing together?
7. What does Tuptim do when she enters the stage in the fourth scene?
8. What does Anna say to Lady Thiang about love?
9. The King dying of what ailment?
10. Louis gets excited about what at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)