|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Anna told should bring up the subject of Britain when she speaks with the King?
(b) Lady Thiang.
(c) The King.
(d) The Prince.
2. How does Thiang feel when Anna agrees to speak with the King about Britain?
3. Why is the King emotionally wounded by what Anna has said in the classroom?
(a) He is not given a chance to explain himself.
(b) He knows she is wrong.
(c) She is correct.
(d) No one ever speaks to him like that.
4. The first song in the play is about what?
5. The letters to Britain are sent from where?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Anna sit while speaking with the King about the Queen of England?
2. The children are shocked about what when they see what Anna shows them in the fourth Scene?
3. Why does Anna get upset when she hears she is to live in the palace?
4. What does the King ask his son to tell him in the third scene?
5. What does Anna tell her son when they get to Siam?
Short Essay Questions
1. How have Tuptim and Lun Tha been able to meet in secret?
2. What warnings does the Captain give Anna before she gets to Siam?
3. What is the first song the children sing together?
4. What does Anna say about the King after she learns about the letters to Britain?
5. Whom does the King blame for the change in Chulalongkorn, and how does the person feel about this?
6. What is the first song the King sings as a solo, and what is it about?
7. What does Lady Thiang say and realize after Anna agrees to talk to the King about Britain?
8. What does the King accuse Anna of being when she defends Tuptim?
9. What does Tuptim tell Lady Thiang she is doing when she is caught leaving the palace before the play?
10. The schoolroom is used for what purpose during the preparations for the feast?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)