|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the letters to Britain say about the King?
(a) He is not wise.
(b) He is barbaric.
(c) He is blind to progress.
(d) He is adopting English customs.
2. Why does the King demand Anna sit when she comes to talk to him following their fight in the schoolroom?
(a) That is his way of apologizing.
(b) Nobody's head should be higher than his.
(c) It is a token of honor.
(d) He is mad at her.
3. What does Anna tell the children is inside the world?
(a) A soul.
(b) A big stick.
(c) A heat source.
(d) A central pull.
4. What does Anna call Siam when she is alone in her room?
(a) Old Fashioned.
5. How many servants board the ship to welcome Anna?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anna show her class in the fourth scene?
2. The Crown Prince is worried about what?
3. How does Thiang feel when Anna agrees to speak with the King about Britain?
4. How does the Captain tell Anna to act around the King's right-hand man?
5. Why does Anna get upset when she hears she is to live in the palace?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the King want Anna to teach his children?
2. What does Anna do when she hears of Lun Tha's plan the night of the play?
3. What does Lun Tha tell Tuptim after Lady Thiang returns to the theater?
4. What does Anna say about the King after she learns about the letters to Britain?
5. Buddha given credit for what event(s) in Tuptim's play?
6. What happens as the King shouts out orders to begin preparation for the ball?
7. What does Anna say when the King refuses to give her the house she has been promised?
8. What does the King do when his planned is rushed?
9. The Crown Prince tells his father he is worried about what?
10. What does the King accuse Anna of being when she defends Tuptim?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)