|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Anna says she had known nothing about what before coming to teach the children in Siam?
(b) The children.
(c) The King.
(d) How to teach.
2. The King says Anna is what when she reminds him of her promised home?
(a) A servant.
(b) A pest.
(c) A foreigner.
(d) A woman.
3. What is the name of Anna's son?
4. What is the name of the English Queen?
5. Why does the King think Anna has centered all her lessons around one thing?
(a) She is a spy.
(b) She wants a house.
(c) She has news from home.
(d) She misses England.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does the King want to send to help President Lincoln?
2. What word(s) does Anna use that enthralls the King when they first meet?
3. Who is Anna told should bring up the subject of Britain when she speaks with the King?
4. What is the King doing the first time he is on stage?
5. Who leaves to announce Anna's visit to the King?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lun Tha tell Tuptim after Lady Thiang returns to the theater?
2. What does the King sense in Chulalongkorn in the last scene, and what does he ask of him?
3. What is Tuptim's play called, and what is its subject?
4. What happens while Tuptim and Lun Tha are singing?
5. What kind of makeup is given to the women at the palace before the feast, and why?
6. What does Anna tell the children the world is, and how does the King feel about that?
7. What does Anna say she does whenever she is afraid?
8. What does the King want to add to the ball for entertainment?
9. Who is most afraid of the King's dying, and why?
10. What do the letters to Britain say about the King, and how does Anna hear about them?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)