|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the King doing when Anna finds him following their fight in the schoolroom?
(a) Reading his Bible.
(d) Writing a letter.
2. What kind of woman does the King say Anna is?
3. How long has Anna been in Siam before the King sees her?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Three days.
(c) Three months.
(d) Three hours.
4. Who has written the play that the King wants performed for the British Ambassador?
(a) Harriet Beecher Stow.
(c) Mark Twain.
5. What does Lady Thiang realize about Anna and the King following her song about the King?
(a) They are the answer to their own prayers.
(b) They need each other.
(c) They are very similar.
(d) They are in love.
Short Answer Questions
1. The King says Anna is what when she reminds him of her promised home?
2. What does Anna tell her son when they get to Siam?
3. What song does Lady Thiang sing when Anna agrees to speak to the King about Britain?
4. What does Anna say she does when she is afraid?
5. What is Anna told would hurt the King's pride when Anna goes to speak with the King?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the King think Anna has chosen the theme for her first few lessons?
2. What does Anna say when the King refuses to give her the house she has been promised?
3. Louis gets excited about what at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Lun Tha tell Tuptim after Lady Thiang returns to the theater?
5. What does Anna say she does whenever she is afraid?
6. What does Lady Thiang say and realize after Anna agrees to talk to the King about Britain?
7. What are the children doing in the last scene?
8. What does the King sense in Chulalongkorn in the last scene, and what does he ask of him?
9. Who has been assigned to help Anna teach, and what do they get in return?
10. What is the central theme of all of Anna's first lessons?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)