|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Anna told would hurt the King's pride when Anna goes to speak with the King?
(b) Standing when he is sitting.
(c) Mention of the letters.
2. Why is the King unable to meet with Anna when she first arrives?
(a) He is sleeping.
(b) He is busy with the New Year's celebration.
(c) He is away at war.
(d) He is visiting his sick child in the hospital.
3. Why has the King brought Anna to teach his children?
(a) He wants to set them apart from the others.
(b) He wants them to be good leaders.
(c) He wants them to know of the world.
(d) He wants to assimilate parts of Western culture into his home.
4. Anna show the children what about England in the fourth scene?
(a) England is closer than they think.
(b) It snows in England.
(c) England is smaller than Siam.
(d) There are animals in England.
5. The children are shocked about what when they see what Anna shows them in the fourth Scene?
(a) Siam is small.
(b) A camera can capture a real person's image.
(c) There is enough words to fill a book.
(d) There are 26 symbols.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the King ask his son to tell him in the third scene?
2. What does Anna tell the children is inside the world?
3. What does the King offer Anna in response to her threat?
4. What is the name of the English Queen?
5. What is Anna's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens as the King shouts out orders to begin preparation for the ball?
2. What does Anna do after Tuptim is dragged out of the room?
3. Anna gets upset about what when the Kralahome speaks to her on the ship, and why?
4. What happens while Tuptim and Lun Tha are singing?
5. Who is most afraid of the King's dying, and why?
6. Why does Lady Thiang say the King is so emotionally wounded after his scuffle with Anna, and what is Anna's response to this?
7. What does Anna say to Lady Thiang about love?
8. What does Sir Ramsay say after the feast and play?
9. What does Anna do when she sees that the King has died?
10. What does the King sense in Chulalongkorn in the last scene, and what does he ask of him?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)