|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anna sing with the children when she talks about learning about Siam?
(a) I Like You, and You Like Me.
(b) My New Home.
(c) Getting to Know You.
(d) Home on the Range.
2. Why does the King think Anna has centered all her lessons around one thing?
(a) She wants a house.
(b) She is a spy.
(c) She misses England.
(d) She has news from home.
3. What is the name of Anna's son?
4. What is the name of the ship at the beginning of the play?
(a) Cho Phi.
(b) Chau Phia.
(c) Chow Phya.
(d) Chai Phow.
5. What does the King hope to be able to do with Anna's help?
(a) Trade with the world.
(b) Understand politics.
(c) Communicate with other countries.
(d) Stop the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anna say she does when she is afraid?
2. Anna says she had known nothing about what before coming to teach the children in Siam?
3. Who has written the play that the King wants performed for the British Ambassador?
4. The children are shocked about what when they see what Anna shows them in the fourth Scene?
5. What does the King offer Anna in response to her threat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of makeup is given to the women at the palace before the feast, and why?
2. What does Anna say about the King after she learns about the letters to Britain?
3. What is the first song the children sing together?
4. What does Lady Thaing call Anna, and why?
5. Who performs Tuptim's play for the British Ambassador?
6. What does Lady Thiang say to Tuptim when she catches her running away from the palace before the play?
7. Louis gets excited about what at the beginning of the book?
8. What is Anna to do when she gets to Siam?
9. What does the King want to send Lincoln, and why?
10. What does the King write to Anna in a letter, and how does she respond to this?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)