|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the King ask his son to tell him in the third scene?
(a) How Anna acts in class.
(b) What Anna says about him.
(c) How the children feel about Anna.
(d) What he has learned from Anna.
2. Which of the following is NOT something Anna says she and Louis have seen while in their palace apartment?
(d) New Year celebrations.
3. The King tells Anna to talk to whom when he leaves her after she demands a separate house?
(a) His wives.
(b) Lun Tha.
(c) His assistant.
(d) The Kralahome.
4. Anna tells the children the world is what?
(a) A floating orb.
(b) A big ball.
(c) A bubble.
(d) A travelling caravan.
5. What song do the children sing in the third scene?
(a) Home Can Be a Heaven on Earth.
(b) Home on the Range.
(c) Home Sweet Home.
(d) Our Happy Home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of woman does the King say Anna is?
2. Who speaks the most to Anna when the ship is boarded?
3. What is on the long, low boat seen in Siam?
4. Lady Thiang compares the King to what in her song?
5. What does Anna tell the King she does NOT like about her palace apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whom does the King blame for the change in Chulalongkorn, and how does the person feel about this?
2. What does Sir Ramsay say after the feast and play?
3. What causes an uproar in Anna's classroom?
4. Anna gets upset about what when the Kralahome speaks to her on the ship, and why?
5. What happens while Tuptim and Lun Tha are singing?
6. What is Anna to do when she gets to Siam?
7. Who has been assigned to help Anna teach, and what do they get in return?
8. Who is most afraid of the King's dying, and why?
9. What is the central theme of all of Anna's first lessons?
10. What song do Lun Tha and Tuptim sing together, and what is the song's subject?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)