|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has the King brought Anna to teach his children?
(a) He wants them to know of the world.
(b) He wants to assimilate parts of Western culture into his home.
(c) He wants them to be good leaders.
(d) He wants to set them apart from the others.
2. What is the name of the British Ambassador expected to come to Siam?
(a) Edward Ramsay.
(b) Henry Ramsfield.
(c) Thomas Renford.
(d) Bryan Ringwald.
3. Anna claims the King is not what when she hears of the letters to Britain?
(a) A fool.
(b) A barbarian.
(c) A patient man.
(d) A poor leader.
4. Why does the King think Anna has centered all her lessons around one thing?
(a) She has news from home.
(b) She wants a house.
(c) She misses England.
(d) She is a spy.
5. What is the name of the Captain of the ship?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word(s) does Anna use that enthralls the King when they first meet?
2. Why does the King wake up his servants after his talk with Anna about the British Ambassador?
3. What kind of woman does the King say Anna is?
4. The woman brought by Lun Tha ask Anna for what gift?
5. What is the King doing when Anna finds him following their fight in the schoolroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the King promise to Anna if the plan is successful?
2. Why does the King want Anna to teach his children?
3. Anna gets upset about what when the Kralahome speaks to her on the ship, and why?
4. What does the King want to send Lincoln, and why?
5. Buddha given credit for what event(s) in Tuptim's play?
6. What kind of makeup is given to the women at the palace before the feast, and why?
7. What does Anna do when she sees that the King has died?
8. What does Anna say she does whenever she is afraid?
9. What is the subject of the song that Anna sings after her fight in the classroom with the King?
10. The schoolroom is used for what purpose during the preparations for the feast?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)