|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What play does the King want performed for the British Ambassador?
(a) Uncle Tom's Cabin.
(b) The Wild Duck.
(c) Romeo and Juliet.
(d) Huckleberry Finn.
2. What is the name of the Captain of the ship?
3. The King says he wants his Kingdom to be more _______.
4. What does the King say Anna's themed lessons will cause him to do?
(a) Let her visit home.
(b) Hold his ground.
(c) Allow a visitor for her.
(d) Build her a home.
5. The woman brought by Lun Tha ask Anna for what gift?
(a) A fan.
(b) A book.
(c) Some paper.
(d) A pen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the letters to Britain say about the King?
2. What song do the children sing in the third scene?
3. Whom does the Crown Prince tell about his worries?
4. What does the King want to do when the British Ambassador comes to visit Siam?
5. What does Anna tell the King she does NOT like about her palace apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the letters to Britain say about the King, and how does Anna hear about them?
2. What does the King do to get Anna to agree to stay and teach his children?
3. Who is most afraid of the King's dying, and why?
4. What does Lady Thiang say about Tuptim after she is accepted by the King?
5. What is the subject of the song that Anna sings after her fight in the classroom with the King?
6. What warnings does the Captain give Anna before she gets to Siam?
7. Buddha given credit for what event(s) in Tuptim's play?
8. What does Anna do when she sees that the King has died?
9. Why does Lady Thiang say the King is so emotionally wounded after his scuffle with Anna, and what is Anna's response to this?
10. What does Lady Thiang say to comfort the Crown Prince at the news of his dying father?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)