|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the King doing when Anna finds him following their fight in the schoolroom?
(a) Reading his Bible.
(b) Writing a letter.
2. What does Lady Thiang call Anna?
3. Lun Tha is from where?
4. Anna tells the children the world is what?
(a) A big ball.
(b) A travelling caravan.
(c) A bubble.
(d) A floating orb.
5. What is the name of the ship at the beginning of the play?
(a) Chai Phow.
(b) Chau Phia.
(c) Chow Phya.
(d) Cho Phi.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Anna been in Siam before the King sees her?
2. Why has the King brought Anna to teach his children?
3. What startles Anna's son about the sight of the King's right-hand man?
4. Where does Anna sit while speaking with the King about the Queen of England?
5. Who is Lady Thiang?
Short Essay Questions
1. Buddha given credit for what event(s) in Tuptim's play?
2. What does the King accuse Anna of being when she defends Tuptim?
3. What does Tuptim tell Lady Thiang she is doing when she is caught leaving the palace before the play?
4. Why does Lady Thiang say the King is so emotionally wounded after his scuffle with Anna, and what is Anna's response to this?
5. How have Tuptim and Lun Tha been able to meet in secret?
6. What do the letters to Britain say about the King, and how does Anna hear about them?
7. Why does the King want Anna to teach his children?
8. What happens to Lun Tha after the attempted escape, and how does Tuptim respond to this?
9. What does the King want to send Lincoln, and why?
10. The Crown Prince tells his father he is worried about what?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)