|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Anna claims the King is not what when she hears of the letters to Britain?
(a) A patient man.
(b) A fool.
(c) A barbarian.
(d) A poor leader.
2. Why does the woman brought by Lun Tha say she can never please the King?
(a) She is in love with another man.
(b) She hates the King.
(c) She hates Siam.
(d) She cannot bear children.
3. What does Anna threaten to do in the fourth scene if she does not get her promised home?
(a) Tell the people he does not honor promises.
(b) Stop teaching.
(c) Return to England.
(d) Write to the Queen of England.
4. The King tells Anna to talk to whom when he leaves her after she demands a separate house?
(a) Lun Tha.
(b) The Kralahome.
(c) His wives.
(d) His assistant.
5. What kind of woman does the King say Anna is?
Short Answer Questions
1. The King says he is worried about upsetting what by having Anna teach his children?
2. What is the King doing when Anna finds him following their fight in the schoolroom?
3. What is the name of the long, low boat seen in Siam?
4. What makes Anna the most upset with the King?
5. Why does the King think Anna has centered all her lessons around one thing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sir Ramsay say after the feast and play?
2. What song do Lun Tha and Tuptim sing together, and what is the song's subject?
3. Who is most afraid of the King's dying, and why?
4. What is the first song the King sings as a solo, and what is it about?
5. What does the King accuse Anna of being when she defends Tuptim?
6. What does Tuptim tell Lady Thiang she is doing when she is caught leaving the palace before the play?
7. What warnings does the Captain give Anna before she gets to Siam?
8. Whom does the King blame for the change in Chulalongkorn, and how does the person feel about this?
9. What are the children doing in the last scene?
10. Why does the King think Anna has chosen the theme for her first few lessons?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)