|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the King a product of?
2. What role does the Addict play in the Lover?
3. The Lover is characterized by his ______ human hungers.
4. What role does the Tyrant play in the King?
5. The Magician helps the Lover "experience the ____ beneath the seeming."
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do young men truly want to move forward into adulthood? Based on the evidence and patterns described about masculinity in the book, discuss this.
Essay Topic 2
What are the conditions that would cause the Oedipal Child to transform into his shadow sides, the Mama's Boy or the Dreamer? How and why does this happen?
Essay Topic 3
What are the conditions that would cause the Lover to transform into his shadow sides, the Addict or the Impotent Lover? How and why does this happen?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)