|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two worlds does the King tie?
2. Why does the Lover need the King?
3. What does the Tyrant only pursue?
4. How does the Lover respond to others' needs?
5. Why do the authors believe sports and action movies are so popular among men?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The authors discuss ancient rituals and initiations for younger men to grow into maturity but claim that no such thing exists today. Discuss whether you agree with the authors' beliefs about the current state of masculinity.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how aiding to humanity through archetypes can affect society and civilization.
Essay Topic 3
What are the conditions that would cause the Divine Child to transform into his shadow sides, the Highchair Tyrant or the Weakling Prince? How and why does this happen?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)