|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Mama's Boy is always in search of the perfect ______.
2. What is the role of the Mama's Boy in the Oedipal Child?
3. When is the Divine Child exhibited in the male psyche?
4. Whom are archetypes meant to represent?
5. Why was the type of psychology discussed in this book popular at the time of publishing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is acting "as if"?
2. Why do the authors tell men not to degrade themselves?
3. Why is the Lover in such great need of the other archetypes?
4. What defines the conditions of the Magician today?
5. Why do the authors believe a ritual elder is necessary to a young man's successful ascension into manhood?
6. Why don't men hold the pinnacle of their archetype?
7. What is Admiring Men?
8. Why is the Manipulator distant from his own life?
9. What defined rites of passage in ancient times?
10. What do the authors claim is the cause of this crisis in the male psyche?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Manipulator and Denying Innocent One's compulsion to withhold information and how this relates to negative aspects of human nature.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how the archetype of the King exists in our world today. Is it a realistic character? How or why does society need him today?
Essay Topic 3
Do young men truly want to move forward into adulthood? Based on the evidence and patterns described about masculinity in the book, discuss this.
This section contains 1,293 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)