|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Crisis" claims that modern day initiations are _______.
2. The Weakling Prince produces a passive or ______ male.
3. Whom are archetypes meant to represent?
4. When is the Divine Child exhibited in the male psyche?
5. In an initiation, the ritual space is considered _______.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was the Oedipal Child named as such?
2. What human needs do the Magician and Lover fulfill?
3. Why do the authors believe a ritual initiation is vital to a fully developed male?
4. What defined rites of passage in ancient times?
5. How do the Denying Innocent One and the Manipulator compare?
6. Why do the authors believe immaturity shouldn't be completely destroyed in a male's development?
7. Why do Jungians believe that there is hope for a resolution in archetypes?
8. Why is the Masochist a shadow of the Warrior?
9. What do the authors claim defines rites of passage in modern times?
10. Why does the Weakling respond with rage to some situations?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The authors discuss that many of the problems in masculinity are chain reactions, which have caught men in a vicious cycle. How do you see this same movement happening within the individual shadow-sides?
Essay Topic 2
What are the conditions that would cause the Divine Child to transform into his shadow sides, the Highchair Tyrant or the Weakling Prince? How and why does this happen?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the archetype of the King exists in our world today. Is it a realistic character? How or why does society need him today?
This section contains 1,234 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)