|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Crisis" claims that modern day initiations are _______.
2. There are pleasures and ______ that accompany manhood.
3. What defines the High Chair Tyrant?
4. The High Chair Tyrant evolves into a(n) ______ male.
5. The Hero becomes:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the authors believe a ritual initiation is vital to a fully developed male?
2. Why do these archetypes need to coexist in a boy for him to develop into a man?
3. What professions is the Tyrant usually drawn to?
4. What do the authors claim defines rites of passage in modern times?
5. Why is the Warrior a sometimes repressed archetype?
6. Why is the Lover in such great need of the other archetypes?
7. Why do the authors believe a ritual elder is necessary to a young man's successful ascension into manhood?
8. Why was the Oedipal Child named as such?
9. What would be the outcome of an interaction between the Know-It-All Trickster and the Dummy?
10. How do the authors think a man can become fully functioning?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the conditions that would cause the Divine Child to transform into his shadow sides, the Highchair Tyrant or the Weakling Prince? How and why does this happen?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Manipulator and Denying Innocent One's compulsion to withhold information and how this relates to negative aspects of human nature.
Essay Topic 3
What are the conditions that would cause the Lover to transform into his shadow sides, the Addict or the Impotent Lover? How and why does this happen?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)