|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The authors detail military enlistment, gangs, and crime as modern day ______.
2. The woman's male sub-personality is called the ______.
3. The Precocious Child is prone to _____ activity.
4. What do the authors believe the ugly and destructive patterns of an adult man are a product of?
5. What is a strong example of the Divine Child?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the two lower points of the triangle, the shadow-sides, build the pinnacle?
2. What have the authors interpreted was the purpose of Cro-Magnon cave paintings?
3. Why was the Oedipal Child named as such?
4. Why does the Weakling respond with rage to some situations?
5. What happens to the Coward when he hits his "breaking point"?
6. Why do Jungians believe archetypes are also relevant to females?
7. Do Moore and Gillette believe a man can integrate all the positive qualities of the archetypes into his personality unconsciously?
8. Do the authors think these archetypes have ever dominated human life?
9. What is the affect of the King being tied to the divine?
10. What do the authors believe is the nature of a young man's ascension without a ritual elder?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the conditions that would cause the Magician to transform into his shadow sides, the Manipulator or the Denying Innocent One? How and why does this happen?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how these archetypes relate to women.
Essay Topic 3
The authors stress that no single archetype can fully function alone. Discuss why these archetypes would be dysfunctional independently within a man and how integrating all of them creates a fully-fledged male.
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)