|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The authors believe there is a _______ desire in humans to develop a structured identity.
2. The Divine Child is the most____ of the immature masculine archetypes.
3. Shadow-sides of a man's personality are _____.
4. What defines the High Chair Tyrant?
5. What have the authors observed young men being forced to do without a ritual elder?
Short Essay Questions
1. What personalities are most prone to the Tyrant? Why?
2. What is the affect of the King being tied to the divine?
3. What defines the conditions of the Magician today?
4. Do Moore and Gillette believe a man can integrate all the positive qualities of the archetypes into his personality unconsciously?
5. Why is the Hero the most advanced stage of a boy's psychology?
6. What have the authors interpreted was the purpose of Cro-Magnon cave paintings?
7. What is acting "as if"?
8. Why is the Manipulator distant from his own life?
9. How do the authors think a man can become fully functioning?
10. According to the authors, what are the most important challenges for a man to face?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Manipulator and Denying Innocent One's compulsion to withhold information and how this relates to negative aspects of human nature.
Essay Topic 2
What are the conditions that would cause the Hero to transform into his shadow sides, the Grandstander Bully or the Coward? How and why does this happen?
Essay Topic 3
What are the conditions that would cause the Magician to transform into his shadow sides, the Manipulator or the Denying Innocent One? How and why does this happen?
This section contains 1,195 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)