Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role does the Know-It-All Trickster play in the Precocious Child?
2. The cave paintings detail the "____ world" of masculinity.
3. How are the Dreamer and the Mama's Boy similar?
4. The authors are students of ______.
5. What defines the High Chair Tyrant?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the Mama's Boy and the Dreamer disappointed as adults?
2. According to the authors, why are action movies and sports so favored among men?
3. What would be the outcome of an interaction between the Know-It-All Trickster and the Dummy?
4. How could the Lover become the Impotent Lover?
5. How do the two lower points of the triangle, the shadow-sides, build the pinnacle?
6. If the Warrior is of well-trained body and mind, how does he use his aggression?
7. Why is the Lover considered primal?
8. Why is the Manipulator distant from his own life?
9. Why was the Oedipal Child named as such?
10. What do the authors claim defines rites of passage in modern times?
Do young men truly want to move forward into adulthood? Based on the evidence and patterns described about masculinity in the book, discuss this.
The authors discuss ancient rituals and initiations for younger men to grow into maturity but claim that no such thing exists today. Discuss whether you agree with the authors' beliefs about the current state of masculinity.
What are the conditions that would cause the Magician to transform into his shadow sides, the Manipulator or the Denying Innocent One? How and why does this happen?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)