|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Hero becomes:
2. The High Chair Tyrant evolves into a(n) ______ male.
3. The Divine Child is the most____ of the immature masculine archetypes.
4. What defines the High Chair Tyrant?
5. The authors are students of ______.
Short Essay Questions
1. When do the four archetypes arise?
2. What is Active Imagination Dialogue?
3. Why is the Sadist a shadow of the Warrior?
4. What do the authors claim is the cause of this crisis in the male psyche?
5. What personalities are most prone to the Tyrant? Why?
6. Why do the authors feel modern rites of passage don't reflect true men or society?
7. Why can't the Magician act alone?
8. Why was the Oedipal Child named as such?
9. Do the authors think these archetypes have ever dominated human life?
10. Who do the authors think will benefit from the techniques described in the conclusion?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the conditions that would cause the Precocious Child to transform into his shadow sides, the Know-It-All Trickster or the Dummy? How and why does this happen?
Essay Topic 2
The authors discuss ancient rituals and initiations for younger men to grow into maturity but claim that no such thing exists today. Discuss whether you agree with the authors' beliefs about the current state of masculinity.
Essay Topic 3
What are the conditions that would cause the Hero to transform into his shadow sides, the Grandstander Bully or the Coward? How and why does this happen?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)