|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The authors believe there is a _______ desire in humans to develop a structured identity.
2. In archetypal psychology, what must die for a young man to mature?
3. A point of "Boy Psychology and Man Psychology" is that a mature male pattern is a _____ to a young man's development.
4. What is a strong example of the Divine Child?
5. When is the Divine Child exhibited in the male psyche?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the affect of the King being tied to the divine?
2. Do the authors think these archetypes have ever dominated human life?
3. Why don't men hold the pinnacle of their archetype?
4. What is Admiring Men?
5. What happens to the Coward when he hits his "breaking point"?
6. What professions is the Tyrant usually drawn to?
7. How do the two lower points of the triangle, the shadow-sides, build the pinnacle?
8. Why was the Oedipal Child named as such?
9. According to the authors, why are action movies and sports so favored among men?
10. Who do the authors think will benefit from the techniques described in the conclusion?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how aiding to humanity through archetypes can affect society and civilization.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Manipulator and Denying Innocent One's compulsion to withhold information and how this relates to negative aspects of human nature.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the complex nature of the Warrior and why and how, despite his aggressive nature, he is considered a functioning archetype.
This section contains 1,322 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)