|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The cave paintings detail the "____ world" of masculinity.
2. In classic rites of passage, what are the young men supposed to do in the jungle?
3. What is the skill of the Oedipal Child?
4. Why is the Mama's Boy disappointed as an adult?
5. What does the Oedipal Child seek in his life?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the Hero the most advanced stage of a boy's psychology?
2. Why is the Masochist a shadow of the Warrior?
3. Why is the Lover in such great need of the other archetypes?
4. Why does the Grandstander Bully act as he does?
5. Why can't the Magician act alone?
6. What defines the conditions of the Magician today?
7. Why is the Sadist a shadow of the Warrior?
8. What do the authors claim is the cause of this crisis in the male psyche?
9. Why is the Lover considered primal?
10. Why is the Magician considered powerful?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the conditions that would cause the Oedipal Child to transform into his shadow sides, the Mama's Boy or the Dreamer? How and why does this happen?
Essay Topic 2
The Divine Child, as an embodiment of creativity and rebirth, is a greatly valued immature archetype. Discuss the Divine Child's significance and what function he has.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how these archetypes relate to women.
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)