Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role does the Know-It-All Trickster play in the Precocious Child?
2. The cave paintings detail the "____ world" of masculinity.
3. How are the Dreamer and the Mama's Boy similar?
4. The authors are students of ______.
5. What defines the High Chair Tyrant?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the Mama's Boy and the Dreamer disappointed as adults?
2. According to the authors, why are action movies and sports so favored among men?
3. What would be the outcome of an interaction between the Know-It-All Trickster and the Dummy?
4. How could the Lover become the Impotent Lover?
5. How do the two lower points of the triangle, the shadow-sides, build the pinnacle?
6. If the Warrior is of well-trained body and mind, how does he use his aggression?
7. Why is the Lover considered primal?
8. Why is the Manipulator distant from his own life?
9. Why was the Oedipal Child named as such?
10. What do the authors claim defines rites of passage in modern times?
What are the conditions that would cause the Divine Child to transform into his shadow sides, the Highchair Tyrant or the Weakling Prince? How and why does this happen?
The authors stress that no single archetype can fully function alone. Discuss why these archetypes would be dysfunctional independently within a man and how integrating all of them creates a fully-fledged male.
The authors describe an internal blueprint in men, which will govern them to think and act positively. Discuss corrections for this crisis and how those blueprints can be realized.
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)