|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Hero is the most _____ state of Boy psychology.
2. Shadow-sides of a man's personality are _____.
3. In archetypal psychology, what do men inherit from generations before?
4. What do the authors believe the ugly and destructive patterns of an adult man are a product of?
5. What do Jungians believe that the Divine Child is the source of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Active Imagination Dialogue?
2. Why is the Masochist a shadow of the Warrior?
3. Why do Jungians believe archetypes are also relevant to females?
4. How is the Addict a shadow side of the Lover?
5. When do the four archetypes arise?
6. What defines the conditions of the Magician today?
7. Why is the Manipulator distant from his own life?
8. Who do the authors think will benefit from the techniques described in the conclusion?
9. Why do Jungians believe that there is hope for a resolution in archetypes?
10. Why don't men hold the pinnacle of their archetype?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how these archetypes relate to women.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss whether the author's suggestions for correcting this crisis are feasible or not. Can it be done simply by man's realization of its true nature? Are there other challenges that are beyond man's control? What else is needed for this correction?
Essay Topic 3
What are the conditions that would cause the Divine Child to transform into his shadow sides, the Highchair Tyrant or the Weakling Prince? How and why does this happen?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)