|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role does the Know-It-All Trickster play in the Precocious Child?
2. The cave paintings detail the "____ world" of masculinity.
3. How are the Dreamer and the Mama's Boy similar?
4. The authors are students of ______.
5. What defines the High Chair Tyrant?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the Mama's Boy and the Dreamer disappointed as adults?
2. According to the authors, why are action movies and sports so favored among men?
3. What would be the outcome of an interaction between the Know-It-All Trickster and the Dummy?
4. How could the Lover become the Impotent Lover?
5. How do the two lower points of the triangle, the shadow-sides, build the pinnacle?
6. If the Warrior is of well-trained body and mind, how does he use his aggression?
7. Why is the Lover considered primal?
8. Why is the Manipulator distant from his own life?
9. Why was the Oedipal Child named as such?
10. What do the authors claim defines rites of passage in modern times?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how aiding to humanity through archetypes can affect society and civilization.
Essay Topic 2
The Divine Child, as an embodiment of creativity and rebirth, is a greatly valued immature archetype. Discuss the Divine Child's significance and what function he has.
Essay Topic 3
The authors discuss that many of the problems in masculinity are chain reactions, which have caught men in a vicious cycle. How do you see this same movement happening within the individual shadow-sides?
This section contains 1,335 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)