|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the role of the Dreamer in the Oedipal Child?
2. The woman's male sub-personality is called the ______.
3. The authors believe that gangs and crime indulge _____ behavior in young men.
4. What do Jungians believe that the Divine Child is the source of?
5. The authors detail military enlistment, gangs, and crime as modern day ______.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the affect of the King being tied to the divine?
2. What happens to the Coward when he hits his "breaking point"?
3. What would be the outcome of an interaction between the Know-It-All Trickster and the Dummy?
4. When do the four archetypes arise?
5. What do the authors claim defines rites of passage in modern times?
6. What is Active Imagination Dialogue?
7. According to the authors, what are the most important challenges for a man to face?
8. What professions is the Tyrant usually drawn to?
9. Once one begins this process, how long do the authors say it take to become a fully-fledged male?
10. According to the authors, why are action movies and sports so favored among men?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the conditions that would cause the Hero to transform into his shadow sides, the Grandstander Bully or the Coward? How and why does this happen?
Essay Topic 2
What are the conditions that would cause the Oedipal Child to transform into his shadow sides, the Mama's Boy or the Dreamer? How and why does this happen?
Essay Topic 3
The authors discuss that many of the problems in masculinity are chain reactions, which have caught men in a vicious cycle. How do you see this same movement happening within the individual shadow-sides?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)