|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The authors are students of ______.
2. In an initiation, the ritual space is considered _______.
3. What do the authors hope is the correction of this male crisis?
4. How developed is archetypal psychology?
5. What do Moore and Gillette claim happens in a young man's development without an initiation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Active Imagination Dialogue?
2. According to the authors, what is the fundamental, inherent desire in every young man?
3. How do the authors think a man can become fully functioning?
4. Why do the authors believe a ritual elder is necessary to a young man's successful ascension into manhood?
5. Why is the Magician considered powerful?
6. What do the authors believe is the nature of a young man's ascension without a ritual elder?
7. According to the authors, what are the most important challenges for a man to face?
8. What is Invocation?
9. Why is the Warrior a sometimes repressed archetype?
10. What personalities are most prone to the Tyrant? Why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The authors stress that no single archetype can fully function alone. Discuss why these archetypes would be dysfunctional independently within a man and how integrating all of them creates a fully-fledged male.
Essay Topic 2
What are the conditions that would cause the Divine Child to transform into his shadow sides, the Highchair Tyrant or the Weakling Prince? How and why does this happen?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the complex nature of the Warrior and why and how, despite his aggressive nature, he is considered a functioning archetype.
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)