|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In an initiation, the ritual space is considered _______.
2. "Crisis" claims that modern day initiations are _______.
3. What do the authors believe an initiation contributes to a young man's maturity?
4. In classic rites of passage, what are the young men supposed to do in the jungle?
5. The Divine Child is the most____ of the immature masculine archetypes.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Jungians believe archetypes are also relevant to females?
2. Why is the Warrior a sometimes repressed archetype?
3. What human needs do the Magician and Lover fulfill?
4. Why do the authors believe immaturity shouldn't be completely destroyed in a male's development?
5. What have the authors interpreted was the purpose of Cro-Magnon cave paintings?
6. What professions is the Tyrant usually drawn to?
7. How is the Addict a shadow side of the Lover?
8. Why can't the Magician act alone?
9. What is the affect of the King being tied to the divine?
10. Do Moore and Gillette believe a man can integrate all the positive qualities of the archetypes into his personality unconsciously?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Divine Child, as an embodiment of creativity and rebirth, is a greatly valued immature archetype. Discuss the Divine Child's significance and what function he has.
Essay Topic 2
What are the conditions that would cause the Divine Child to transform into his shadow sides, the Highchair Tyrant or the Weakling Prince? How and why does this happen?
Essay Topic 3
The authors discuss that many of the problems in masculinity are chain reactions, which have caught men in a vicious cycle. How do you see this same movement happening within the individual shadow-sides?
This section contains 1,202 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)