|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leads the initiation?
2. How do the Know-It-All Trickster and the Dummy interact?
3. In "Boy Psychology and Man Psychology" what is the stance on shadow-sides of a man's personality integrating into his whole personality?
4. What is the role of the Dreamer in the Oedipal Child?
5. What does the Weakling Prince lack?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the authors tell men not to degrade themselves?
2. If the Warrior is of well-trained body and mind, how does he use his aggression?
3. What do the authors believe is the nature of a young man's ascension without a ritual elder?
4. Why is the Divine Child considered the source of life?
5. Why don't men hold the pinnacle of their archetype?
6. What is the affect of the King being tied to the divine?
7. What do the authors claim is the cause of this crisis in the male psyche?
8. Can the shadow sides of a male personality integrate into a fully mature male? What is their affect on an adult?
9. Why do these archetypes need to coexist in a boy for him to develop into a man?
10. How do the two lower points of the triangle, the shadow-sides, build the pinnacle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss whether the author's suggestions for correcting this crisis are feasible or not. Can it be done simply by man's realization of its true nature? Are there other challenges that are beyond man's control? What else is needed for this correction?
Essay Topic 2
The authors discuss that many of the problems in masculinity are chain reactions, which have caught men in a vicious cycle. How do you see this same movement happening within the individual shadow-sides?
Essay Topic 3
What are the conditions that would cause the Hero to transform into his shadow sides, the Grandstander Bully or the Coward? How and why does this happen?
This section contains 1,360 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)