|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How developed is archetypal psychology?
2. There are pleasures and ______ that accompany manhood.
3. In the negative conditions youth experience today, what pattern do the authors see developing in young people?
4. Shadow-sides of a man's personality are _____.
5. "Crisis" claims that modern day initiations are _______.
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the authors, what are the most important challenges for a man to face?
2. What human needs do the Magician and Lover fulfill?
3. Do Moore and Gillette believe a man can integrate all the positive qualities of the archetypes into his personality unconsciously?
4. Why is the Magician considered powerful?
5. How could the Lover become the Impotent Lover?
6. What do the authors believe is the nature of a young man's ascension without a ritual elder?
7. How do the two lower points of the triangle, the shadow-sides, build the pinnacle?
8. What is Active Imagination Dialogue?
9. Who do the authors think will benefit from the techniques described in the conclusion?
10. How do the authors think a man can become fully functioning?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the conditions that would cause the Precocious Child to transform into his shadow sides, the Know-It-All Trickster or the Dummy? How and why does this happen?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss whether the author's suggestions for correcting this crisis are feasible or not. Can it be done simply by man's realization of its true nature? Are there other challenges that are beyond man's control? What else is needed for this correction?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how aiding to humanity through archetypes can affect society and civilization.
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)