|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Oedipal Child seek in his life?
2. In the theory of archetypal psychology, what emerges in a man from his initiation?
3. The Precocious Child becomes:
4. What is the role of the Dreamer in the Oedipal Child?
5. What do the authors believe forces archetypes to go awry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the Lover in such great need of the other archetypes?
2. Who do the authors think will benefit from the techniques described in the conclusion?
3. Can the shadow sides of a male personality integrate into a fully mature male? What is their affect on an adult?
4. What personalities are most prone to the Tyrant? Why?
5. What human needs do the Magician and Lover fulfill?
6. Why do these archetypes need to coexist in a boy for him to develop into a man?
7. What is Invocation?
8. How does a young man become a fully-fledged adult male?
9. Why is the Manipulator distant from his own life?
10. When do the four archetypes arise?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how the archetype of the King exists in our world today. Is it a realistic character? How or why does society need him today?
Essay Topic 2
What are the conditions that would cause the Precocious Child to transform into his shadow sides, the Know-It-All Trickster or the Dummy? How and why does this happen?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how aiding to humanity through archetypes can affect society and civilization.
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)