|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the role of the Dummy in the Precocious Child?
2. A man's female sub-personality is called the _____.
3. The Mama's Boy is always in search of the perfect ______.
4. Whom is the Oedipal Child tied to?
5. What do the authors believe an initiation contributes to a young man's maturity?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Weakling respond with rage to some situations?
2. What personalities are most prone to the Tyrant? Why?
3. Is the Lover selfish or selfless?
4. Why do the authors believe a ritual initiation is vital to a fully developed male?
5. Can the shadow sides of a male personality integrate into a fully mature male? What is their affect on an adult?
6. According to the authors, why are action movies and sports so favored among men?
7. If the Warrior is of well-trained body and mind, how does he use his aggression?
8. What professions is the Tyrant usually drawn to?
9. What have the authors interpreted was the purpose of Cro-Magnon cave paintings?
10. What do the authors believe is the nature of a young man's ascension without a ritual elder?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the conditions that would cause the Divine Child to transform into his shadow sides, the Highchair Tyrant or the Weakling Prince? How and why does this happen?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how the archetype of the King exists in our world today. Is it a realistic character? How or why does society need him today?
Essay Topic 3
The authors discuss ancient rituals and initiations for younger men to grow into maturity but claim that no such thing exists today. Discuss whether you agree with the authors' beliefs about the current state of masculinity.
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)