|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. A man's female sub-personality is called the _____.
2. In the theory of archetypal psychology, what emerges in a man from his initiation?
3. How do the Know-It-All Trickster and the Dummy interact?
4. Shadow-sides of a man's personality are _____.
5. The Divine Child is the most____ of the immature masculine archetypes.
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the authors claim is the cause of this crisis in the male psyche?
2. What are the challenges men face in maturing and how do the authors see the challenges affect them?
3. Why can't the Magician act alone?
4. How do the authors think a man can become fully functioning?
5. How could the Lover become the Impotent Lover?
6. What personalities are most prone to the Tyrant? Why?
7. How does a young man become a fully-fledged adult male?
8. Why is the Sadist a shadow of the Warrior?
9. According to the authors, why are action movies and sports so favored among men?
10. How do the two lower points of the triangle, the shadow-sides, build the pinnacle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the conditions that would cause the Precocious Child to transform into his shadow sides, the Know-It-All Trickster or the Dummy? How and why does this happen?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how these archetypes relate to women.
Essay Topic 3
The authors discuss ancient rituals and initiations for younger men to grow into maturity but claim that no such thing exists today. Discuss whether you agree with the authors' beliefs about the current state of masculinity.
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)