|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were cave paintings meant to illustrate?
2. The Hero is the most _____ state of Boy psychology.
3. In the theory of archetypal psychology, what emerges in a man from his initiation?
4. What do the authors hope is the correction of this male crisis?
5. What is the role of the Dreamer in the Oedipal Child?
Short Essay Questions
1. What defines the conditions of the Magician today?
2. Why are the Mama's Boy and the Dreamer disappointed as adults?
3. What is Active Imagination Dialogue?
4. What do the authors claim defines rites of passage in modern times?
5. How does the Impotent Lover get trapped in a cycle?
6. What would be the outcome of an interaction between the Know-It-All Trickster and the Dummy?
7. Why is the Divine Child considered the source of life?
8. Why does the Grandstander Bully act as he does?
9. Once one begins this process, how long do the authors say it take to become a fully-fledged male?
10. What personalities are most prone to the Tyrant? Why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how the archetype of the King exists in our world today. Is it a realistic character? How or why does society need him today?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss what you believe has caused this shift from a well-established initiation process to a complete lack of positive structure today.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how these archetypes relate to women.
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)