|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What have the authors observed about how young men feel about maturity?
(a) They are eager to mature.
(b) They are very resistant to maturity.
(c) They feel obligated to mature.
(d) They will only mature for a reward.
2. What does the Dreamer lack?
(c) Good looks.
3. A point of "Boy Psychology and Man Psychology" is that a mature male pattern is a _____ to a young man's development.
4. What do Jungians believe that the Divine Child is the source of?
5. The Precocious Child becomes:
(a) The Warrior.
(b) The King.
(c) The Lover.
(d) The Magician.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Weakling Prince produces a passive or ______ male.
2. "Crisis" stresses that a young man's initiation is ________.
3. What defines the High Chair Tyrant?
4. Whom is the Oedipal Child tied to?
5. Shadow-sides of a man's personality are _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Active Imagination Dialogue?
2. Who do the authors think will benefit from the techniques described in the conclusion?
3. Why do the authors believe a ritual elder is necessary to a young man's successful ascension into manhood?
4. Why do the authors believe a ritual initiation is vital to a fully developed male?
5. According to the authors, what are the most important challenges for a man to face?
6. Why do the authors feel modern rites of passage don't reflect true men or society?
7. What professions is the Tyrant usually drawn to?
8. Why are the Mama's Boy and the Dreamer disappointed as adults?
9. How does a young man become a fully-fledged adult male?
10. When do the four archetypes arise?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)