|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Moore and Gillette claim happens in a young man's development without an initiation?
(a) He remains attached to his mother.
(b) He is shunned from society.
(c) He cannot pull all the facets of his psyche together.
(d) His maturity is accelerated.
2. The High Chair Tyrant evolves into a(n) ______ male.
3. The authors believe that gangs and crime indulge _____ behavior in young men.
4. Classically, initiations are a ______ ritual.
5. The Weakling Prince produces a passive or ______ male.
Short Answer Questions
1. The authors detail military enlistment, gangs, and crime as modern day ______.
2. The authors believe there is a _______ desire in humans to develop a structured identity.
3. Whom are archetypes meant to represent?
4. What were cave paintings meant to illustrate?
5. What have the authors observed about how young men feel about maturity?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the Warrior a sometimes repressed archetype?
2. Why do the authors tell men not to degrade themselves?
3. What have the authors interpreted was the purpose of Cro-Magnon cave paintings?
4. What personalities are most prone to the Tyrant? Why?
5. Why is the Sadist a shadow of the Warrior?
6. What is Admiring Men?
7. Why was the Oedipal Child named as such?
8. Why is the Masochist a shadow of the Warrior?
9. What are the challenges men face in maturing and how do the authors see the challenges affect them?
10. How do the Denying Innocent One and the Manipulator compare?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)