Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role does the Know-It-All Trickster play in the Precocious Child?
(a) He is his soul mate.
(b) He is a shadow side.
(c) He is his predecessor.
(d) He is his conscience.
2. The cave paintings detail the "____ world" of masculinity.
3. How are the Dreamer and the Mama's Boy similar?
(a) They are antisocial.
(b) They are very intelligent.
(c) They are in search of the perfect mother.
(d) They are physically aggressive.
4. The authors are students of ______.
(a) Fritz Perls.
(b) William James.
(c) Sigmund Freud.
(d) Carl Jung.
5. What defines the High Chair Tyrant?
Short Answer Questions
1. What have the authors observed young men being forced to do without a ritual elder?
2. How do the Know-It-All Trickster and the Dummy interact?
3. The Divine Child becomes:
4. Whom are archetypes meant to represent?
5. The Oedipal Child becomes:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the Mama's Boy and the Dreamer disappointed as adults?
2. According to the authors, why are action movies and sports so favored among men?
3. What would be the outcome of an interaction between the Know-It-All Trickster and the Dummy?
4. How could the Lover become the Impotent Lover?
5. How do the two lower points of the triangle, the shadow-sides, build the pinnacle?
6. If the Warrior is of well-trained body and mind, how does he use his aggression?
7. Why is the Lover considered primal?
8. Why is the Manipulator distant from his own life?
9. Why was the Oedipal Child named as such?
10. What do the authors claim defines rites of passage in modern times?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)