|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the negative conditions youth experience today, what pattern do the authors see developing in young people?
(a) Trying to change the world.
(b) Developing a Peter Pan complex.
(c) Identifying more with women.
(d) Developing their own rites of passage without guidance.
2. The Divine Child is the most____ of the immature masculine archetypes.
3. The authors note that the modern-day prevalence of gangs and fracturing of families has had what effect on youth?
(a) Forced them to grow up fast.
(b) Injured their psyches.
(c) Made them more creative.
(d) Made them stronger.
4. The cave paintings detail the "____ world" of masculinity.
5. In an initiation, the ritual space is considered _______.
Short Answer Questions
1. The authors detail military enlistment, gangs, and crime as modern day ______.
2. The authors believe there is a _______ desire in humans to develop a structured identity.
3. How do the Know-It-All Trickster and the Dummy interact?
4. What have the authors observed young men being forced to do without a ritual elder?
5. Why does the Know-It-All Trickster enjoy playing practical jokes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the authors believe immaturity shouldn't be completely destroyed in a male's development?
2. How do the Denying Innocent One and the Manipulator compare?
3. Why was the Oedipal Child named as such?
4. Why does the Grandstander Bully act as he does?
5. Why is the Divine Child considered the source of life?
6. Can the shadow sides of a male personality integrate into a fully mature male? What is their affect on an adult?
7. What is acting "as if"?
8. Why do Jungians believe archetypes are also relevant to females?
9. What human needs do the Magician and Lover fulfill?
10. What do the authors claim defines rites of passage in modern times?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)