|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The cave paintings detail the "____ world" of masculinity.
2. How far back does male initiation span?
(a) It is a recent development.
(b) The early 19th century.
(c) Pre-historic times.
(d) Cro-Magnon man.
3. What do the authors believe an initiation contributes to a young man's maturity?
(a) It helps him be a better public speaker.
(b) It helps him learn to talk to women.
(c) He gains social skills.
(d) It helps him become a fully realized adult male.
4. The Oedipal Child becomes:
(a) The King.
(b) The Lover.
(c) The Magician.
(d) The Warrior.
5. What do the authors believe forces archetypes to go awry?
(a) A lack of education.
(b) A lack of contact with women.
(c) A change is society's values.
(d) Flawed relationships with parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Know-It-All Trickster and the Dummy interact?
2. In the theory of archetypal psychology, what emerges in a man from his initiation?
3. The authors believe that gangs and crime indulge _____ behavior in young men.
4. What defines the Precocious Child?
5. Whom are archetypes meant to represent?
Short Essay Questions
1. Can the shadow sides of a male personality integrate into a fully mature male? What is their affect on an adult?
2. Why does the High Chair Tyrant act as he does? As a child? As an adult?
3. What human needs do the Magician and Lover fulfill?
4. Why don't men hold the pinnacle of their archetype?
5. What is the affect of the King being tied to the divine?
6. What happens to the Coward when he hits his "breaking point"?
7. How do the authors think a man can become fully functioning?
8. If the Warrior is of well-trained body and mind, how does he use his aggression?
9. Do the authors think these archetypes have ever dominated human life?
10. How do the Denying Innocent One and the Manipulator compare?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)