|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Jungians believe that the Divine Child is the source of?
2. The cave paintings detail the "____ world" of masculinity.
3. What do the authors hope is the correction of this male crisis?
(a) Women's empowerment.
(b) Strong public figures.
(c) An internal blueprint in men.
(d) Harsher laws.
4. Who leads the initiation?
(a) Other boys.
(b) A ritual elder.
(d) A religious leader.
5. How far back does male initiation span?
(a) It is a recent development.
(b) Pre-historic times.
(c) Cro-Magnon man.
(d) The early 19th century.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Know-It-All Trickster enjoy playing practical jokes?
2. In "Boy Psychology and Man Psychology" what is the stance on shadow-sides of a man's personality integrating into his whole personality?
3. A point of "Boy Psychology and Man Psychology" is that a mature male pattern is a _____ to a young man's development.
4. The Oedipal Child becomes:
5. Shadow-sides of a man's personality are _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the challenges men face in maturing and how do the authors see the challenges affect them?
2. Why is the Sadist a shadow of the Warrior?
3. Why is the Lover in such great need of the other archetypes?
4. Why can't the Magician act alone?
5. What defines the conditions of the Magician today?
6. How could the Lover become the Impotent Lover?
7. Why do the authors believe immaturity shouldn't be completely destroyed in a male's development?
8. Why is the Lover considered primal?
9. Can the shadow sides of a male personality integrate into a fully mature male? What is their affect on an adult?
10. What personalities are most prone to the Tyrant? Why?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)