|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Boy Psychology and Man Psychology" what is the stance on shadow-sides of a man's personality integrating into his whole personality?
(a) They give the man self-confidence.
(b) They make him unique.
(c) They can't integrate positively.
(d) They make him more appealing to women.
2. Why was the type of psychology discussed in this book popular at the time of publishing?
(a) An economic crisis was occurring.
(b) Self-help books were very popular as well.
(c) There were fewer books being published.
(d) The crime rate among young men was high.
3. The Precocious Child becomes:
(a) The Lover.
(b) The Warrior.
(c) The King.
(d) The Magician.
4. What have the authors observed about how young men feel about maturity?
(a) They are very resistant to maturity.
(b) They are eager to mature.
(c) They feel obligated to mature.
(d) They will only mature for a reward.
5. How could archetypal psychology benefit men and women?
(a) The two sexes will begin to understand each other.
(b) Men and women will form their own tribes.
(c) The two sexes will see what they have in common.
(d) Interactions between the two sexes will be more positive.
Short Answer Questions
1. The authors detail military enlistment, gangs, and crime as modern day ______.
2. "Crisis" stresses that a young man's initiation is ________.
3. The authors believe there is a _______ desire in humans to develop a structured identity.
4. Why does the Coward become the Grandstander Bully?
5. What is the role of the Dreamer in the Oedipal Child?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the High Chair Tyrant act as he does? As a child? As an adult?
2. Why do the authors believe immaturity shouldn't be completely destroyed in a male's development?
3. What do the authors believe is the nature of a young man's ascension without a ritual elder?
4. Why is the Magician considered powerful?
5. How do the Denying Innocent One and the Manipulator compare?
6. What is Admiring Men?
7. Is the Lover selfish or selfless?
8. Why are the Mama's Boy and the Dreamer disappointed as adults?
9. Why is the Sadist a shadow of the Warrior?
10. Why don't men hold the pinnacle of their archetype?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)