|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Dreamer lack?
(b) Good looks.
2. There are pleasures and ______ that accompany manhood.
3. A point of "Boy Psychology and Man Psychology" is that a mature male pattern is a _____ to a young man's development.
4. The authors believe there is a _______ desire in humans to develop a structured identity.
(b) Lack of.
5. The Weakling Prince produces a passive or ______ male.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Precocious Child is prone to _____ activity.
2. What do the authors hope is the correction of this male crisis?
3. The cave paintings detail the "____ world" of masculinity.
4. Why was the type of psychology discussed in this book popular at the time of publishing?
5. What role does the Know-It-All Trickster play in the Precocious Child?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the Masochist a shadow of the Warrior?
2. What human needs do the Magician and Lover fulfill?
3. Do Moore and Gillette believe a man can integrate all the positive qualities of the archetypes into his personality unconsciously?
4. Why do the authors believe a ritual elder is necessary to a young man's successful ascension into manhood?
5. What is Admiring Men?
6. What happens to the Coward when he hits his "breaking point"?
7. Why do the authors believe a ritual initiation is vital to a fully developed male?
8. According to the authors, what are the most important challenges for a man to face?
9. What professions is the Tyrant usually drawn to?
10. Why do Jungians believe archetypes are also relevant to females?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)