|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Mama's Boy is always in search of the perfect ______.
2. In the negative conditions youth experience today, what pattern do the authors see developing in young people?
(a) Developing their own rites of passage without guidance.
(b) Trying to change the world.
(c) Developing a Peter Pan complex.
(d) Identifying more with women.
3. "Crisis" claims that modern day initiations are _______.
(b) Like ancient ones.
4. What do the authors believe an initiation contributes to a young man's maturity?
(a) He gains social skills.
(b) It helps him become a fully realized adult male.
(c) It helps him learn to talk to women.
(d) It helps him be a better public speaker.
5. What defines the Precocious Child?
(a) His morals.
(b) His compassion.
(c) His determination.
(d) His giftedness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom is the Oedipal Child tied to?
2. Who leads the initiation?
3. Why does the Coward become the Grandstander Bully?
4. The Oedipal Child becomes:
5. A point of "Boy Psychology and Man Psychology" is that a mature male pattern is a _____ to a young man's development.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do these archetypes need to coexist in a boy for him to develop into a man?
2. What is Admiring Men?
3. What is the affect of the King being tied to the divine?
4. Why is the Magician considered powerful?
5. What human needs do the Magician and Lover fulfill?
6. Why does the Weakling respond with rage to some situations?
7. What personalities are most prone to the Tyrant? Why?
8. Why do the authors tell men not to degrade themselves?
9. What are the challenges men face in maturing and how do the authors see the challenges affect them?
10. According to the authors, why are action movies and sports so favored among men?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)