|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the role of the Mama's Boy in the Oedipal Child?
(a) He is his enemy.
(b) He is his shadow side.
(c) He is his friend.
(d) He is his conscience.
2. The Grandstander Bully's aggressive behavior is fueled by his ______.
3. Why does the Know-It-All Trickster enjoy playing practical jokes?
(a) To laugh at others' naiveté.
(b) To find his intellectual equal.
(c) To enlighten people.
(d) To pass the time.
4. The authors believe that gangs and crime indulge _____ behavior in young men.
5. The Hero is the most _____ state of Boy psychology.
Short Answer Questions
1. In archetypal psychology, what do men inherit from generations before?
2. The authors detail military enlistment, gangs, and crime as modern day ______.
3. The Precocious Child is prone to _____ activity.
4. How developed is archetypal psychology?
5. In the theory of archetypal psychology, what emerges in a man from his initiation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the Manipulator distant from his own life?
2. What do the authors claim defines rites of passage in modern times?
3. How could the Lover become the Impotent Lover?
4. What is the affect of the King being tied to the divine?
5. What do the authors believe is the nature of a young man's ascension without a ritual elder?
6. Who do the authors think will benefit from the techniques described in the conclusion?
7. What have the authors interpreted was the purpose of Cro-Magnon cave paintings?
8. When do the four archetypes arise?
9. Why do Jungians believe that there is hope for a resolution in archetypes?
10. Once one begins this process, how long do the authors say it take to become a fully-fledged male?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)