|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The cave paintings detail the "____ world" of masculinity.
2. The woman's male sub-personality is called the ______.
3. How far back does male initiation span?
(a) Cro-Magnon man.
(b) Pre-historic times.
(c) It is a recent development.
(d) The early 19th century.
4. In classic rites of passage, what are the young men supposed to do in the jungle?
(a) Become one with nature.
(b) None of the answers is correct.
(c) Sacrifice an animal.
(d) Endure struggles.
5. How do the Know-It-All Trickster and the Dummy interact?
(a) The Know-It-All is the victim of the Dummy.
(b) The Know-It-All protects the Dummy.
(c) The Dummy ignores the Know-It-All.
(d) The Dummy is the victim of the Know-It-All.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the theory of archetypal psychology, what emerges in a man from his initiation?
2. In conclusion of their discussions of initiation, the authors stress that the most important element of a young man's initiation is _____.
3. The authors note that the modern-day prevalence of gangs and fracturing of families has had what effect on youth?
4. The authors detail military enlistment, gangs, and crime as modern day ______.
5. The Divine Child becomes:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Jungians believe archetypes are also relevant to females?
2. What do the authors believe is the nature of a young man's ascension without a ritual elder?
3. Do the authors think these archetypes have ever dominated human life?
4. What do the authors claim defines rites of passage in modern times?
5. Why does the Weakling respond with rage to some situations?
6. How is the Addict a shadow side of the Lover?
7. According to the authors, why are action movies and sports so favored among men?
8. What is the affect of the King being tied to the divine?
9. What human needs do the Magician and Lover fulfill?
10. Why is the Lover in such great need of the other archetypes?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)