|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Jungians believe that the Divine Child is the source of?
2. What role does the High Chair Tyrant play in the Divine Child?
(a) He is a trusted advisor.
(b) He isn't involved.
(c) He is a shadow side.
(d) He is his conscience.
3. How do the Know-It-All Trickster and the Dummy interact?
(a) The Dummy is the victim of the Know-It-All.
(b) The Know-It-All is the victim of the Dummy.
(c) The Dummy ignores the Know-It-All.
(d) The Know-It-All protects the Dummy.
4. In classic rites of passage, what are the young men supposed to do in the jungle?
(a) Endure struggles.
(b) Become one with nature.
(c) Sacrifice an animal.
(d) None of the answers is correct.
5. What do Moore and Gillette claim happens in a young man's development without an initiation?
(a) He cannot pull all the facets of his psyche together.
(b) He is shunned from society.
(c) He remains attached to his mother.
(d) His maturity is accelerated.
Short Answer Questions
1. The authors detail military enlistment, gangs, and crime as modern day ______.
2. Classically, initiations are a ______ ritual.
3. The Precocious Child becomes:
4. In the negative conditions youth experience today, what pattern do the authors see developing in young people?
5. What defines the Precocious Child?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the authors claim is the cause of this crisis in the male psyche?
2. What personalities are most prone to the Tyrant? Why?
3. How does a young man become a fully-fledged adult male?
4. Why is the Manipulator distant from his own life?
5. Once one begins this process, how long do the authors say it take to become a fully-fledged male?
6. What would be the outcome of an interaction between the Know-It-All Trickster and the Dummy?
7. Why was the Oedipal Child named as such?
8. What is the affect of the King being tied to the divine?
9. How do the authors think a man can become fully functioning?
10. Why is the Sadist a shadow of the Warrior?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)