|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Dreamer lack?
(a) Good looks.
2. What do Moore and Gillette claim happens in a young man's development without an initiation?
(a) He remains attached to his mother.
(b) His maturity is accelerated.
(c) He is shunned from society.
(d) He cannot pull all the facets of his psyche together.
3. There are pleasures and ______ that accompany manhood.
4. What do Jungians believe that the Divine Child is the source of?
5. How are the Dreamer and the Mama's Boy similar?
(a) They are in search of the perfect mother.
(b) They are very intelligent.
(c) They are antisocial.
(d) They are physically aggressive.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is the Divine Child exhibited in the male psyche?
2. A point of "Boy Psychology and Man Psychology" is that a mature male pattern is a _____ to a young man's development.
3. In conclusion of their discussions of initiation, the authors stress that the most important element of a young man's initiation is _____.
4. What do the authors believe forces archetypes to go awry?
5. What is the skill of the Oedipal Child?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Active Imagination Dialogue?
2. Why do Jungians believe that there is hope for a resolution in archetypes?
3. What do the authors claim is the cause of this crisis in the male psyche?
4. Why do the authors believe a ritual elder is necessary to a young man's successful ascension into manhood?
5. Why is the Masochist a shadow of the Warrior?
6. According to the authors, what is the fundamental, inherent desire in every young man?
7. Why is the Lover in such great need of the other archetypes?
8. What do the authors claim defines rites of passage in modern times?
9. Why does the Grandstander Bully act as he does?
10. What is Invocation?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)