|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shadow-sides of a man's personality are _____.
2. Who leads the initiation?
(a) A ritual elder.
(b) Other boys.
(c) A religious leader.
3. The authors believe there is a _______ desire in humans to develop a structured identity.
(c) Lack of.
4. "Crisis" stresses that a young man's initiation is ________.
5. The authors believe that men are _____ by nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Precocious Child becomes:
2. The Weakling Prince produces a passive or ______ male.
3. The authors note that the modern-day prevalence of gangs and fracturing of families has had what effect on youth?
4. What do Jungians believe that the Divine Child is the source of?
5. What do the authors hope is the correction of this male crisis?
Short Essay Questions
1. Can the shadow sides of a male personality integrate into a fully mature male? What is their affect on an adult?
2. Why can't the Magician act alone?
3. How do the two lower points of the triangle, the shadow-sides, build the pinnacle?
4. When do the four archetypes arise?
5. What defined rites of passage in ancient times?
6. Who do the authors think will benefit from the techniques described in the conclusion?
7. Why do Jungians believe that there is hope for a resolution in archetypes?
8. What have the authors interpreted was the purpose of Cro-Magnon cave paintings?
9. Why is the Divine Child considered the source of life?
10. Why is the Masochist a shadow of the Warrior?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)