|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Lover experience the world?
(a) Through books, TV, and movies.
(b) From a distance.
(c) Through problems he makes for himself.
(d) Through his external and internal senses.
2. Why does the Lover need the Magician?
(a) To teach him.
(b) To entertain him.
(c) To heal him.
(d) To gain an objective perspective.
3. How does the Warrior know when to use his powerful energy?
(a) When he is of well-trained body and mind.
(b) When his shadow side tells him.
(c) When he receives a sign.
(d) When no one else is around.
4. In theory and mythology, what is the King's purpose?
(a) To sacrifice himself.
(b) To serve the other archetypes.
(c) To provide order to the world.
(d) To fight evil.
5. The Warrior is often a _______ archetype.
6. The Magician helps the Lover "experience the ____ beneath the seeming."
7. How does the Lover respond to others' needs?
(a) He ignores them.
(b) He convinces them they're wrong.
(c) He aggravates them.
(d) With compassion.
8. The Divine Child's selfishness turns to what in the King?
9. How does the Lover experience others' experiences of the world?
(a) He critiques every action.
(b) He is jealous of their ability to live freely.
(c) He thinks they're overly sensitive.
(d) He feels their joy and pain as his own.
10. What role does the Tyrant play in the King?
(a) He is a conscience.
(b) He is a friend.
(c) He is a brother.
(d) He is a shadow side.
11. The people thrive if the King is ____.
12. What two worlds does the King tie?
(a) The physical and the divine.
(b) Good and evil.
(c) The poor and the rich.
(d) Men and women.
13. Why does the Sadist victimize others?
(a) He's been victimized himself.
(b) It's an uncontrollable urge.
(c) To prove his superiority.
(d) To cover his own insecurities.
14. The people suffer if the King is ____.
15. What is the greatest challenge the Warrior faces?
(a) Discerning when and how to use his aggression.
(b) Judgment of others.
(c) Making a decision.
(d) Being able to defend himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Lover need the Warrior?
2. How are the King's attributes seen by the world?
3. The Tyrant is most common in _______ personality types.
4. The authors claim that men today believe that technology is far beyond _____.
5. The Magician and the Lover share ______ energies.
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)