|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Tyrant rise to the surface of a man?
(a) If a man is in love.
(b) If a man is tired.
(c) If a man is pushed past his endurance limit.
(d) If a man is in danger.
2. When is the Magician most prevalent?
(a) In a crisis.
(b) In his youth.
(c) In winter.
(d) In random phases.
3. What two worlds does the King tie?
(a) The poor and the rich.
(b) The physical and the divine.
(c) Good and evil.
(d) Men and women.
4. What conflict do men face, according to "The King and Warrior" chapter?
(a) A conflict between their parents desires for him.
(b) A conflict between their true nature and the tendencies towards their shadow personalities.
(c) A conflict between themselves and women.
(d) A conflict between a desire for wealth and a desire to be good.
5. Why is the Weakling paranoid?
(a) Because he's crazy.
(b) Because he's insecure.
(c) Because he's wealthy.
(d) Because he broke the law.
6. The King is considered more _______ than the other archetypes.
7. The King archetype is the most _____ energy in men.
8. Why can't the Magician act alone?
(a) He is codependent.
(b) He's insecure.
(c) His power is in thought, not action.
(d) He's not smart enough.
9. How does the Tyrant treat his family?
(a) He spoils them.
(b) He is absent.
(c) He actively or passively abuses them.
(d) He ignores them.
10. Why does the Lover need the King?
(a) To give him energy.
(b) For company.
(c) To get him out of trouble.
(d) To give him structure.
11. What must one stay connected with to prevent becoming the Impotent Lover?
(a) His ego.
(b) His parents.
(c) His true self.
(d) His friends.
12. Why are Magicians lacking in personal growth today?
(a) Because no one cares about them.
(b) Because they're too busy.
(c) Because the lack of a ritual elder.
(d) Because they're sabotaged by the other archetypes.
13. The Lover is characterized by his ______ human hungers.
14. The Warrior is often a _______ archetype.
15. The Magician and the Lover share ______ energies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Sadist routinely abuse people?
2. Why do the authors believe sports and action movies are so popular among men?
3. Why does the Lover need the Magician?
4. What does the Tyrant only pursue?
5. What defines the emotional condition of the Impotent Lover?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)