|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the Dreamer and the Mama's Boy similar?
(a) They are physically aggressive.
(b) They are very intelligent.
(c) They are antisocial.
(d) They are in search of the perfect mother.
2. What defines the Precocious Child?
(a) His determination.
(b) His giftedness.
(c) His compassion.
(d) His morals.
3. How do the Know-It-All Trickster and the Dummy interact?
(a) The Know-It-All protects the Dummy.
(b) The Dummy is the victim of the Know-It-All.
(c) The Dummy ignores the Know-It-All.
(d) The Know-It-All is the victim of the Dummy.
4. The Precocious Child is prone to _____ activity.
(c) A lack of.
5. The Oedipal Child becomes:
(a) The Warrior.
(b) The Lover.
(c) The King.
(d) The Magician.
6. The Mama's Boy is always in search of the perfect ______.
7. What do the authors hope is the correction of this male crisis?
(a) Strong public figures.
(b) Women's empowerment.
(c) Harsher laws.
(d) An internal blueprint in men.
8. What is the purpose of archetypes?
(a) To represent the foundation of all human behavior.
(b) To show children how to behave.
(c) None of the answers is correct.
(d) To propose another psychological theory.
9. In the negative conditions youth experience today, what pattern do the authors see developing in young people?
(a) Developing their own rites of passage without guidance.
(b) Identifying more with women.
(c) Trying to change the world.
(d) Developing a Peter Pan complex.
10. The Divine Child becomes:
(a) The Lover.
(b) The King.
(c) The Magician.
(d) The Warrior.
11. What have the authors observed young men being forced to do without a ritual elder?
(a) Find their own way.
(b) Appoint one themselves.
(c) Stay boys forever.
(d) Start a new regime.
12. In an initiation, the ritual space is considered _______.
13. The authors note that the modern-day prevalence of gangs and fracturing of families has had what effect on youth?
(a) Made them more creative.
(b) Forced them to grow up fast.
(c) Made them stronger.
(d) Injured their psyches.
14. The Weakling Prince produces a passive or ______ male.
15. In classic rites of passage, what are the young men supposed to do in the jungle?
(a) None of the answers is correct.
(b) Endure struggles.
(c) Sacrifice an animal.
(d) Become one with nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. What have the authors observed about how young men feel about maturity?
2. The woman's male sub-personality is called the ______.
3. "Crisis" stresses that a young man's initiation is ________.
4. What is the role of the Dummy in the Precocious Child?
5. In the theory of archetypal psychology, what emerges in a man from his initiation?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)