|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What defines the Precocious Child?
(a) His compassion.
(b) His morals.
(c) His determination.
(d) His giftedness.
2. The Hero is the most _____ state of Boy psychology.
3. In archetypal psychology, what must die for a young man to mature?
(a) The ritual elder.
(b) His immature ego.
(c) His parents.
(d) An animal.
4. The Mama's Boy is always in search of the perfect ______.
5. Whom are archetypes meant to represent?
(d) Both men and women.
6. The authors believe that gangs and crime indulge _____ behavior in young men.
7. What is the role of the Dummy in the Precocious Child?
(a) He is a friend of the Know-It-All Trickster.
(b) He is not connected to the Precocious Child.
(c) He is a shadow side.
(d) He is his conscience.
8. Why does the Know-It-All Trickster enjoy playing practical jokes?
(a) To laugh at others' naiveté.
(b) To find his intellectual equal.
(c) To enlighten people.
(d) To pass the time.
9. In the negative conditions youth experience today, what pattern do the authors see developing in young people?
(a) Trying to change the world.
(b) Identifying more with women.
(c) Developing their own rites of passage without guidance.
(d) Developing a Peter Pan complex.
10. What is the role of the Dreamer in the Oedipal Child?
(a) He is a muse.
(b) He is a shadow side.
(c) He is a friend.
(d) He is an enemy,
11. The High Chair Tyrant evolves into a(n) ______ male.
12. The authors detail military enlistment, gangs, and crime as modern day ______.
(d) Rites of passage.
13. Who leads the initiation?
(a) A ritual elder.
(b) A religious leader.
(c) Other boys.
14. The Divine Child becomes:
(a) The King.
(b) The Warrior.
(c) The Lover.
(d) The Magician.
15. The authors are students of ______.
(a) Fritz Perls.
(b) William James.
(c) Sigmund Freud.
(d) Carl Jung.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Grandstander Bully's aggressive behavior is fueled by his ______.
2. What role does the Know-It-All Trickster play in the Precocious Child?
3. Why does the Coward become the Grandstander Bully?
4. What is the key element of the ritual process Moore and Gillette believe that modern day young men lack?
5. The authors believe that men are _____ by nature.
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)