|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In archetypal psychology, what do men inherit from generations before?
(a) Skill at hunting.
(b) Instincts and energies.
(c) Genetic predispositions.
(d) Good looks and charm.
2. The cave paintings detail the "____ world" of masculinity.
3. What is a strong example of the Divine Child?
(a) Don Quixote.
(c) John Lennon.
4. Why is the Mama's Boy disappointed as an adult?
(a) The world is not as exciting as he expects.
(b) Adulthood isn't as fun as childhood.
(c) He isn't intelligent enough to do well.
(d) No woman can meet his ideal.
5. In "Boy Psychology and Man Psychology" what is the stance on shadow-sides of a man's personality integrating into his whole personality?
(a) They can't integrate positively.
(b) They make him unique.
(c) They give the man self-confidence.
(d) They make him more appealing to women.
6. How do the Know-It-All Trickster and the Dummy interact?
(a) The Dummy ignores the Know-It-All.
(b) The Dummy is the victim of the Know-It-All.
(c) The Know-It-All is the victim of the Dummy.
(d) The Know-It-All protects the Dummy.
7. What role does the Weakling Prince play in the Divine Child?
(a) He is his conscience.
(b) He is a shadow side.
(c) He is a trusted advisor.
(d) He isn't involved.
8. A man's female sub-personality is called the _____.
9. The Precocious Child becomes:
(a) The King.
(b) The Warrior.
(c) The Lover.
(d) The Magician.
10. The Precocious Child is prone to _____ activity.
(a) A lack of.
11. What is the purpose of archetypes?
(a) None of the answers is correct.
(b) To propose another psychological theory.
(c) To represent the foundation of all human behavior.
(d) To show children how to behave.
12. Shadow-sides of a man's personality are _____.
13. Who leads the initiation?
(b) A religious leader.
(c) A ritual elder.
(d) Other boys.
14. The Mama's Boy is always in search of the perfect ______.
15. How developed is archetypal psychology?
(a) It's an ancient way of thought.
(b) A few decades old.
(c) In its infant stages.
(d) Young, but fully developed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the Dreamer and the Mama's Boy similar?
2. In conclusion of their discussions of initiation, the authors stress that the most important element of a young man's initiation is _____.
3. The Grandstander Bully's aggressive behavior is fueled by his ______.
4. Whom is the Oedipal Child tied to?
5. The authors believe that men are _____ by nature.
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)