|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The cave paintings detail the "____ world" of masculinity.
2. Shadow-sides of a man's personality are _____.
3. What were cave paintings meant to illustrate?
(a) The best ways to hunt.
(b) The history of the culture.
(c) The primitive initiation rituals.
(d) Excellent painting technique.
4. In an initiation, the ritual space is considered _______.
5. A point of "Boy Psychology and Man Psychology" is that a mature male pattern is a _____ to a young man's development.
6. The Divine Child becomes:
(a) The Magician.
(b) The King.
(c) The Lover.
(d) The Warrior.
7. What does the Weakling Prince lack?
(a) Good looks.
8. What does the Dreamer lack?
(b) Good looks.
9. The Divine Child is the most____ of the immature masculine archetypes.
10. What does the Oedipal Child seek in his life?
(a) A good time.
(b) A single, unique thought.
(c) Connection with nature and spirituality.
(d) More children like himself.
11. A man's female sub-personality is called the _____.
12. What is the role of the Dummy in the Precocious Child?
(a) He is not connected to the Precocious Child.
(b) He is his conscience.
(c) He is a friend of the Know-It-All Trickster.
(d) He is a shadow side.
13. What role does the Know-It-All Trickster play in the Precocious Child?
(a) He is a shadow side.
(b) He is his predecessor.
(c) He is his conscience.
(d) He is his soul mate.
14. The Precocious Child becomes:
(a) The Magician.
(b) The Lover.
(c) The Warrior.
(d) The King.
15. In archetypal psychology, what do men inherit from generations before?
(a) Instincts and energies.
(b) Genetic predispositions.
(c) Good looks and charm.
(d) Skill at hunting.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Hero becomes:
2. The authors believe there is a _______ desire in humans to develop a structured identity.
3. The Grandstander Bully's aggressive behavior is fueled by his ______.
4. The authors detail military enlistment, gangs, and crime as modern day ______.
5. What do Moore and Gillette claim happens in a young man's development without an initiation?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)