|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Oedipal Child seek in his life?
(a) Connection with nature and spirituality.
(b) A good time.
(c) A single, unique thought.
(d) More children like himself.
2. The woman's male sub-personality is called the ______.
3. What have the authors observed about how young men feel about maturity?
(a) They are eager to mature.
(b) They feel obligated to mature.
(c) They will only mature for a reward.
(d) They are very resistant to maturity.
4. In the theory of archetypal psychology, what emerges in a man from his initiation?
(a) A strong soldier.
(b) A sense of childlike wonder.
(c) A compassionate and generative male.
(d) A creative genius.
5. What do the authors believe forces archetypes to go awry?
(a) A change is society's values.
(b) A lack of education.
(c) Flawed relationships with parents.
(d) A lack of contact with women.
6. What is the key element of the ritual process Moore and Gillette believe that modern day young men lack?
(a) A sacred space.
(b) A ritual elder.
(d) A desire to mature.
7. What is a strong example of the Divine Child?
(a) John Lennon.
(b) Don Quixote.
8. A point of "Boy Psychology and Man Psychology" is that a mature male pattern is a _____ to a young man's development.
9. What have the authors observed young men being forced to do without a ritual elder?
(a) Appoint one themselves.
(b) Find their own way.
(c) Start a new regime.
(d) Stay boys forever.
10. "Crisis" claims that modern day initiations are _______.
(b) Like ancient ones.
11. Whom are archetypes meant to represent?
(b) Both men and women.
12. The Weakling Prince produces a passive or ______ male.
13. What do the authors believe the ugly and destructive patterns of an adult man are a product of?
(a) Poor mental health.
(b) The qualities of his boy psychology that didn't evolve.
(c) A difficult relationship with his parents.
(d) Flawed relationships with women.
14. The Precocious Child is prone to _____ activity.
(b) A lack of.
15. Who leads the initiation?
(a) A ritual elder.
(c) A religious leader.
(d) Other boys.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the Dreamer and the Mama's Boy similar?
2. The authors detail military enlistment, gangs, and crime as modern day ______.
3. What do the authors hope is the correction of this male crisis?
4. Shadow-sides of a man's personality are _____.
5. The Hero becomes:
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)