|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How could archetypal psychology benefit men and women?
(a) The two sexes will begin to understand each other.
(b) Interactions between the two sexes will be more positive.
(c) The two sexes will see what they have in common.
(d) Men and women will form their own tribes.
2. What is the role of the Mama's Boy in the Oedipal Child?
(a) He is his shadow side.
(b) He is his enemy.
(c) He is his friend.
(d) He is his conscience.
3. The Divine Child is the most____ of the immature masculine archetypes.
4. There are pleasures and ______ that accompany manhood.
5. What is the purpose of archetypes?
(a) To propose another psychological theory.
(b) None of the answers is correct.
(c) To show children how to behave.
(d) To represent the foundation of all human behavior.
6. What is the skill of the Oedipal Child?
(a) He is a good entertainer.
(b) He can read the emotions of others.
(c) He is adept with languages.
(d) He is manually dexterous.
7. The authors believe there is a _______ desire in humans to develop a structured identity.
(a) Lack of.
8. For a complete initiation process, the boys must be separated from ______.
(c) Other boys.
9. What is the role of the Dreamer in the Oedipal Child?
(a) He is a muse.
(b) He is a friend.
(c) He is an enemy,
(d) He is a shadow side.
10. What does the Weakling Prince lack?
(d) Good looks.
11. What role does the High Chair Tyrant play in the Divine Child?
(a) He is his conscience.
(b) He is a trusted advisor.
(c) He isn't involved.
(d) He is a shadow side.
12. In "Boy Psychology and Man Psychology" what is the stance on shadow-sides of a man's personality integrating into his whole personality?
(a) They make him more appealing to women.
(b) They make him unique.
(c) They give the man self-confidence.
(d) They can't integrate positively.
13. Why was the type of psychology discussed in this book popular at the time of publishing?
(a) There were fewer books being published.
(b) An economic crisis was occurring.
(c) The crime rate among young men was high.
(d) Self-help books were very popular as well.
14. The Weakling Prince produces a passive or ______ male.
15. Shadow-sides of a man's personality are _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. How developed is archetypal psychology?
2. The woman's male sub-personality is called the ______.
3. The Divine Child becomes:
4. In the negative conditions youth experience today, what pattern do the authors see developing in young people?
5. Why does the Coward become the Grandstander Bully?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)