|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There are pleasures and ______ that accompany manhood.
2. Why does the Know-It-All Trickster enjoy playing practical jokes?
(a) To pass the time.
(b) To find his intellectual equal.
(c) To laugh at others' naiveté.
(d) To enlighten people.
3. The Hero becomes:
(a) The King.
(b) The Magician.
(c) The Lover.
(d) The Warrior.
4. What does the Oedipal Child seek in his life?
(a) A good time.
(b) A single, unique thought.
(c) More children like himself.
(d) Connection with nature and spirituality.
5. What role does the Weakling Prince play in the Divine Child?
(a) He is a shadow side.
(b) He isn't involved.
(c) He is his conscience.
(d) He is a trusted advisor.
6. What do Moore and Gillette claim happens in a young man's development without an initiation?
(a) His maturity is accelerated.
(b) He is shunned from society.
(c) He cannot pull all the facets of his psyche together.
(d) He remains attached to his mother.
7. "Crisis" stresses that a young man's initiation is ________.
8. What does the Weakling Prince lack?
(a) Good looks.
9. The Divine Child is the most____ of the immature masculine archetypes.
10. What defines the Precocious Child?
(a) His giftedness.
(b) His compassion.
(c) His determination.
(d) His morals.
11. The authors believe there is a _______ desire in humans to develop a structured identity.
(b) Lack of.
12. In archetypal psychology, what do men inherit from generations before?
(a) Skill at hunting.
(b) Genetic predispositions.
(c) Good looks and charm.
(d) Instincts and energies.
13. What is the role of the Mama's Boy in the Oedipal Child?
(a) He is his friend.
(b) He is his enemy.
(c) He is his shadow side.
(d) He is his conscience.
14. Classically, initiations are a ______ ritual.
15. In conclusion of their discussions of initiation, the authors stress that the most important element of a young man's initiation is _____.
(a) The sacred space.
(b) The cave paintings.
(c) The absence of women.
(d) The ritual elder.
Short Answer Questions
1. The woman's male sub-personality is called the ______.
2. How could archetypal psychology benefit men and women?
3. What is the purpose of archetypes?
4. What role does the Know-It-All Trickster play in the Precocious Child?
5. What have the authors observed about how young men feel about maturity?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)