|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There are pleasures and ______ that accompany manhood.
2. What is the purpose of archetypes?
(a) To show children how to behave.
(b) To represent the foundation of all human behavior.
(c) To propose another psychological theory.
(d) None of the answers is correct.
3. What is the key element of the ritual process Moore and Gillette believe that modern day young men lack?
(a) A desire to mature.
(b) A ritual elder.
(d) A sacred space.
4. Whom are archetypes meant to represent?
(b) Both men and women.
5. What do the authors believe forces archetypes to go awry?
(a) Flawed relationships with parents.
(b) A lack of contact with women.
(c) A lack of education.
(d) A change is society's values.
6. What do the authors hope is the correction of this male crisis?
(a) Harsher laws.
(b) Strong public figures.
(c) An internal blueprint in men.
(d) Women's empowerment.
7. How are the Dreamer and the Mama's Boy similar?
(a) They are very intelligent.
(b) They are physically aggressive.
(c) They are in search of the perfect mother.
(d) They are antisocial.
8. When is the Divine Child exhibited in the male psyche?
(a) When he is angry at an unjust action.
(b) When he is in a state of creativity and rebirth.
(c) When He changes his surroundings.
(d) When he is given a compliment.
9. Why does the Coward become the Grandstander Bully?
(a) To prove his friends wrong.
(b) To fight off abuse from other bullies.
(c) To be more successful.
(d) To hide his true feelings.
10. The Hero is the most _____ state of Boy psychology.
11. Shadow-sides of a man's personality are _____.
12. What role does the Weakling Prince play in the Divine Child?
(a) He is his conscience.
(b) He isn't involved.
(c) He is a trusted advisor.
(d) He is a shadow side.
13. A man's female sub-personality is called the _____.
14. The woman's male sub-personality is called the ______.
15. For a complete initiation process, the boys must be separated from ______.
(b) Other boys.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leads the initiation?
2. How could archetypal psychology benefit men and women?
3. Classically, initiations are a ______ ritual.
4. The Oedipal Child becomes:
5. How developed is archetypal psychology?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)