|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In an initiation, the ritual space is considered _______.
2. What is the role of the Dummy in the Precocious Child?
(a) He is a friend of the Know-It-All Trickster.
(b) He is a shadow side.
(c) He is his conscience.
(d) He is not connected to the Precocious Child.
3. The Hero is the most _____ state of Boy psychology.
4. What do the authors believe an initiation contributes to a young man's maturity?
(a) He gains social skills.
(b) It helps him become a fully realized adult male.
(c) It helps him learn to talk to women.
(d) It helps him be a better public speaker.
5. How far back does male initiation span?
(a) It is a recent development.
(b) Pre-historic times.
(c) The early 19th century.
(d) Cro-Magnon man.
6. When is the Divine Child exhibited in the male psyche?
(a) When he is in a state of creativity and rebirth.
(b) When he is given a compliment.
(c) When He changes his surroundings.
(d) When he is angry at an unjust action.
7. There are pleasures and ______ that accompany manhood.
8. The authors note that the modern-day prevalence of gangs and fracturing of families has had what effect on youth?
(a) Injured their psyches.
(b) Made them stronger.
(c) Forced them to grow up fast.
(d) Made them more creative.
9. In the theory of archetypal psychology, what emerges in a man from his initiation?
(a) A strong soldier.
(b) A compassionate and generative male.
(c) A sense of childlike wonder.
(d) A creative genius.
10. For a complete initiation process, the boys must be separated from ______.
(d) Other boys.
11. The Hero becomes:
(a) The Lover.
(b) The Warrior.
(c) The King.
(d) The Magician.
12. What defines the High Chair Tyrant?
13. What do the authors believe the ugly and destructive patterns of an adult man are a product of?
(a) Flawed relationships with women.
(b) A difficult relationship with his parents.
(c) The qualities of his boy psychology that didn't evolve.
(d) Poor mental health.
14. The Weakling Prince produces a passive or ______ male.
15. In archetypal psychology, what must die for a young man to mature?
(a) His parents.
(b) The ritual elder.
(c) His immature ego.
(d) An animal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the authors believe forces archetypes to go awry?
2. Who leads the initiation?
3. What is the key element of the ritual process Moore and Gillette believe that modern day young men lack?
4. Classically, initiations are a ______ ritual.
5. What is a strong example of the Divine Child?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)