|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Weakling Prince produces a passive or ______ male.
2. What do Jungians believe that the Divine Child is the source of?
3. The authors believe that men are _____ by nature.
4. Why does the Know-It-All Trickster enjoy playing practical jokes?
(a) To enlighten people.
(b) To pass the time.
(c) To find his intellectual equal.
(d) To laugh at others' naiveté.
5. A man's female sub-personality is called the _____.
6. What role does the Know-It-All Trickster play in the Precocious Child?
(a) He is a shadow side.
(b) He is his conscience.
(c) He is his soul mate.
(d) He is his predecessor.
7. The cave paintings detail the "____ world" of masculinity.
8. What is the skill of the Oedipal Child?
(a) He is a good entertainer.
(b) He is manually dexterous.
(c) He is adept with languages.
(d) He can read the emotions of others.
9. What do the authors believe forces archetypes to go awry?
(a) A lack of contact with women.
(b) A change is society's values.
(c) Flawed relationships with parents.
(d) A lack of education.
10. The authors detail military enlistment, gangs, and crime as modern day ______.
(a) Rites of passage.
11. What do the authors believe the ugly and destructive patterns of an adult man are a product of?
(a) The qualities of his boy psychology that didn't evolve.
(b) Poor mental health.
(c) Flawed relationships with women.
(d) A difficult relationship with his parents.
12. "Crisis" claims that modern day initiations are _______.
(c) Like ancient ones.
13. The Mama's Boy is always in search of the perfect ______.
14. How are the Dreamer and the Mama's Boy similar?
(a) They are in search of the perfect mother.
(b) They are physically aggressive.
(c) They are antisocial.
(d) They are very intelligent.
15. The Hero becomes:
(a) The King.
(b) The Magician.
(c) The Lover.
(d) The Warrior.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the role of the Dummy in the Precocious Child?
2. Whom are archetypes meant to represent?
3. In archetypal psychology, what must die for a young man to mature?
4. There are pleasures and ______ that accompany manhood.
5. In classic rites of passage, what are the young men supposed to do in the jungle?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)