|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Know-It-All Trickster enjoy playing practical jokes?
(a) To find his intellectual equal.
(b) To pass the time.
(c) To enlighten people.
(d) To laugh at others' naiveté.
2. In an initiation, the ritual space is considered _______.
3. In conclusion of their discussions of initiation, the authors stress that the most important element of a young man's initiation is _____.
(a) The cave paintings.
(b) The sacred space.
(c) The absence of women.
(d) The ritual elder.
4. Why does the Coward become the Grandstander Bully?
(a) To be more successful.
(b) To prove his friends wrong.
(c) To fight off abuse from other bullies.
(d) To hide his true feelings.
5. What is the role of the Dummy in the Precocious Child?
(a) He is not connected to the Precocious Child.
(b) He is his conscience.
(c) He is a friend of the Know-It-All Trickster.
(d) He is a shadow side.
6. The Hero becomes:
(a) The King.
(b) The Warrior.
(c) The Magician.
(d) The Lover.
7. What does the Dreamer lack?
(d) Good looks.
8. How developed is archetypal psychology?
(a) It's an ancient way of thought.
(b) Young, but fully developed.
(c) A few decades old.
(d) In its infant stages.
9. What defines the Precocious Child?
(a) His compassion.
(b) His morals.
(c) His giftedness.
(d) His determination.
10. What is a strong example of the Divine Child?
(a) Don Quixote.
(b) John Lennon.
11. In classic rites of passage, what are the young men supposed to do in the jungle?
(a) None of the answers is correct.
(b) Sacrifice an animal.
(c) Become one with nature.
(d) Endure struggles.
12. "Crisis" stresses that a young man's initiation is ________.
13. In archetypal psychology, what must die for a young man to mature?
(a) An animal.
(b) His parents.
(c) The ritual elder.
(d) His immature ego.
14. The authors note that the modern-day prevalence of gangs and fracturing of families has had what effect on youth?
(a) Made them stronger.
(b) Injured their psyches.
(c) Made them more creative.
(d) Forced them to grow up fast.
15. Shadow-sides of a man's personality are _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Crisis" claims that modern day initiations are _______.
2. The Precocious Child is prone to _____ activity.
3. The cave paintings detail the "____ world" of masculinity.
4. The Divine Child is the most____ of the immature masculine archetypes.
5. Whom is the Oedipal Child tied to?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)