|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What have the authors observed young men being forced to do without a ritual elder?
(a) Stay boys forever.
(b) Appoint one themselves.
(c) Start a new regime.
(d) Find their own way.
2. The authors believe there is a _______ desire in humans to develop a structured identity.
(b) Lack of.
3. Whom are archetypes meant to represent?
(b) Both men and women.
4. What were cave paintings meant to illustrate?
(a) The history of the culture.
(b) The best ways to hunt.
(c) The primitive initiation rituals.
(d) Excellent painting technique.
5. Who leads the initiation?
(a) Other boys.
(c) A ritual elder.
(d) A religious leader.
6. In archetypal psychology, what do men inherit from generations before?
(a) Good looks and charm.
(b) Genetic predispositions.
(c) Instincts and energies.
(d) Skill at hunting.
7. Why was the type of psychology discussed in this book popular at the time of publishing?
(a) An economic crisis was occurring.
(b) There were fewer books being published.
(c) Self-help books were very popular as well.
(d) The crime rate among young men was high.
8. In conclusion of their discussions of initiation, the authors stress that the most important element of a young man's initiation is _____.
(a) The absence of women.
(b) The ritual elder.
(c) The cave paintings.
(d) The sacred space.
9. Why does the Know-It-All Trickster enjoy playing practical jokes?
(a) To pass the time.
(b) To enlighten people.
(c) To laugh at others' naiveté.
(d) To find his intellectual equal.
10. The High Chair Tyrant evolves into a(n) ______ male.
11. The Hero becomes:
(a) The Lover.
(b) The King.
(c) The Warrior.
(d) The Magician.
12. What do Moore and Gillette claim happens in a young man's development without an initiation?
(a) He cannot pull all the facets of his psyche together.
(b) His maturity is accelerated.
(c) He is shunned from society.
(d) He remains attached to his mother.
13. The authors believe that gangs and crime indulge _____ behavior in young men.
14. How do the Know-It-All Trickster and the Dummy interact?
(a) The Know-It-All protects the Dummy.
(b) The Dummy ignores the Know-It-All.
(c) The Know-It-All is the victim of the Dummy.
(d) The Dummy is the victim of the Know-It-All.
15. A man's female sub-personality is called the _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Boy Psychology and Man Psychology" what is the stance on shadow-sides of a man's personality integrating into his whole personality?
2. What role does the High Chair Tyrant play in the Divine Child?
3. For a complete initiation process, the boys must be separated from ______.
4. Shadow-sides of a man's personality are _____.
5. The authors detail military enlistment, gangs, and crime as modern day ______.
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)