|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The authors note that the modern-day prevalence of gangs and fracturing of families has had what effect on youth?
(a) Forced them to grow up fast.
(b) Made them more creative.
(c) Made them stronger.
(d) Injured their psyches.
2. There are pleasures and ______ that accompany manhood.
3. In archetypal psychology, what must die for a young man to mature?
(a) An animal.
(b) His parents.
(c) His immature ego.
(d) The ritual elder.
4. The Oedipal Child becomes:
(a) The Lover.
(b) The Magician.
(c) The King.
(d) The Warrior.
5. When is the Divine Child exhibited in the male psyche?
(a) When he is angry at an unjust action.
(b) When He changes his surroundings.
(c) When he is in a state of creativity and rebirth.
(d) When he is given a compliment.
6. What were cave paintings meant to illustrate?
(a) The history of the culture.
(b) The primitive initiation rituals.
(c) Excellent painting technique.
(d) The best ways to hunt.
7. "Crisis" claims that modern day initiations are _______.
(b) Like ancient ones.
8. The Grandstander Bully's aggressive behavior is fueled by his ______.
9. What is a strong example of the Divine Child?
(b) John Lennon.
(c) Don Quixote.
10. How far back does male initiation span?
(a) Cro-Magnon man.
(b) Pre-historic times.
(c) It is a recent development.
(d) The early 19th century.
11. The authors believe that men are _____ by nature.
12. For a complete initiation process, the boys must be separated from ______.
(a) Other boys.
13. What defines the Precocious Child?
(a) His giftedness.
(b) His morals.
(c) His compassion.
(d) His determination.
14. What have the authors observed about how young men feel about maturity?
(a) They will only mature for a reward.
(b) They are very resistant to maturity.
(c) They are eager to mature.
(d) They feel obligated to mature.
15. In classic rites of passage, what are the young men supposed to do in the jungle?
(a) Become one with nature.
(b) Endure struggles.
(c) Sacrifice an animal.
(d) None of the answers is correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Jungians believe that the Divine Child is the source of?
2. The Hero becomes:
3. In the theory of archetypal psychology, what emerges in a man from his initiation?
4. The Precocious Child becomes:
5. What do Moore and Gillette claim happens in a young man's development without an initiation?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)