|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Hero is the most _____ state of Boy psychology.
2. Who leads the initiation?
(a) A ritual elder.
(b) A religious leader.
(d) Other boys.
3. What is a strong example of the Divine Child?
(a) John Lennon.
(b) Don Quixote.
4. A man's female sub-personality is called the _____.
5. "Crisis" claims that modern day initiations are _______.
(c) Like ancient ones.
6. Shadow-sides of a man's personality are _____.
7. The Weakling Prince produces a passive or ______ male.
8. What is the role of the Dreamer in the Oedipal Child?
(a) He is a muse.
(b) He is an enemy,
(c) He is a shadow side.
(d) He is a friend.
9. What do Jungians believe that the Divine Child is the source of?
10. The authors detail military enlistment, gangs, and crime as modern day ______.
(d) Rites of passage.
11. A point of "Boy Psychology and Man Psychology" is that a mature male pattern is a _____ to a young man's development.
12. Classically, initiations are a ______ ritual.
13. The authors note that the modern-day prevalence of gangs and fracturing of families has had what effect on youth?
(a) Made them stronger.
(b) Injured their psyches.
(c) Forced them to grow up fast.
(d) Made them more creative.
14. What is the key element of the ritual process Moore and Gillette believe that modern day young men lack?
(a) A sacred space.
(c) A ritual elder.
(d) A desire to mature.
15. When is the Divine Child exhibited in the male psyche?
(a) When He changes his surroundings.
(b) When he is given a compliment.
(c) When he is angry at an unjust action.
(d) When he is in a state of creativity and rebirth.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Boy Psychology and Man Psychology" what is the stance on shadow-sides of a man's personality integrating into his whole personality?
2. What is the skill of the Oedipal Child?
3. There are pleasures and ______ that accompany manhood.
4. For a complete initiation process, the boys must be separated from ______.
5. How could archetypal psychology benefit men and women?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)