|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the Dreamer and the Mama's Boy similar?
(a) They are physically aggressive.
(b) They are in search of the perfect mother.
(c) They are very intelligent.
(d) They are antisocial.
2. Why was the type of psychology discussed in this book popular at the time of publishing?
(a) An economic crisis was occurring.
(b) There were fewer books being published.
(c) The crime rate among young men was high.
(d) Self-help books were very popular as well.
3. There are pleasures and ______ that accompany manhood.
4. What do the authors hope is the correction of this male crisis?
(a) An internal blueprint in men.
(b) Women's empowerment.
(c) Harsher laws.
(d) Strong public figures.
5. What do Moore and Gillette claim happens in a young man's development without an initiation?
(a) His maturity is accelerated.
(b) He cannot pull all the facets of his psyche together.
(c) He is shunned from society.
(d) He remains attached to his mother.
6. In classic rites of passage, what are the young men supposed to do in the jungle?
(a) Sacrifice an animal.
(b) Endure struggles.
(c) None of the answers is correct.
(d) Become one with nature.
7. A man's female sub-personality is called the _____.
8. What do the authors believe forces archetypes to go awry?
(a) Flawed relationships with parents.
(b) A lack of contact with women.
(c) A lack of education.
(d) A change is society's values.
9. In the theory of archetypal psychology, what emerges in a man from his initiation?
(a) A creative genius.
(b) A compassionate and generative male.
(c) A sense of childlike wonder.
(d) A strong soldier.
10. The authors believe that men are _____ by nature.
11. The authors believe that gangs and crime indulge _____ behavior in young men.
12. The authors are students of ______.
(a) Sigmund Freud.
(b) Fritz Perls.
(c) William James.
(d) Carl Jung.
13. What does the Oedipal Child seek in his life?
(a) A single, unique thought.
(b) A good time.
(c) More children like himself.
(d) Connection with nature and spirituality.
14. The Hero is the most _____ state of Boy psychology.
15. How developed is archetypal psychology?
(a) In its infant stages.
(b) It's an ancient way of thought.
(c) Young, but fully developed.
(d) A few decades old.
Short Answer Questions
1. For a complete initiation process, the boys must be separated from ______.
2. The Hero becomes:
3. The Precocious Child becomes:
4. The woman's male sub-personality is called the ______.
5. The authors detail military enlistment, gangs, and crime as modern day ______.
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)