|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In an initiation, the ritual space is considered _______.
2. The Hero becomes:
(a) The Magician.
(b) The King.
(c) The Warrior.
(d) The Lover.
3. What is a strong example of the Divine Child?
(a) Don Quixote.
(d) John Lennon.
4. What is the role of the Dreamer in the Oedipal Child?
(a) He is a friend.
(b) He is a muse.
(c) He is a shadow side.
(d) He is an enemy,
5. The cave paintings detail the "____ world" of masculinity.
6. In conclusion of their discussions of initiation, the authors stress that the most important element of a young man's initiation is _____.
(a) The ritual elder.
(b) The cave paintings.
(c) The absence of women.
(d) The sacred space.
7. The Divine Child is the most____ of the immature masculine archetypes.
8. What role does the Know-It-All Trickster play in the Precocious Child?
(a) He is his predecessor.
(b) He is a shadow side.
(c) He is his conscience.
(d) He is his soul mate.
9. Why does the Know-It-All Trickster enjoy playing practical jokes?
(a) To laugh at others' naiveté.
(b) To enlighten people.
(c) To pass the time.
(d) To find his intellectual equal.
10. "Crisis" stresses that a young man's initiation is ________.
11. What defines the High Chair Tyrant?
12. Why was the type of psychology discussed in this book popular at the time of publishing?
(a) An economic crisis was occurring.
(b) The crime rate among young men was high.
(c) There were fewer books being published.
(d) Self-help books were very popular as well.
13. In archetypal psychology, what must die for a young man to mature?
(a) His parents.
(b) His immature ego.
(c) The ritual elder.
(d) An animal.
14. What is the role of the Dummy in the Precocious Child?
(a) He is a friend of the Know-It-All Trickster.
(b) He is not connected to the Precocious Child.
(c) He is a shadow side.
(d) He is his conscience.
15. Why is the Mama's Boy disappointed as an adult?
(a) He isn't intelligent enough to do well.
(b) Adulthood isn't as fun as childhood.
(c) No woman can meet his ideal.
(d) The world is not as exciting as he expects.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far back does male initiation span?
2. The Weakling Prince produces a passive or ______ male.
3. In "Boy Psychology and Man Psychology" what is the stance on shadow-sides of a man's personality integrating into his whole personality?
4. Shadow-sides of a man's personality are _____.
5. What have the authors observed young men being forced to do without a ritual elder?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)