|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shadow-sides of a man's personality are _____.
2. The Precocious Child becomes:
(a) The King.
(b) The Magician.
(c) The Warrior.
(d) The Lover.
3. How far back does male initiation span?
(a) Pre-historic times.
(b) Cro-Magnon man.
(c) The early 19th century.
(d) It is a recent development.
4. In conclusion of their discussions of initiation, the authors stress that the most important element of a young man's initiation is _____.
(a) The cave paintings.
(b) The ritual elder.
(c) The absence of women.
(d) The sacred space.
5. What do the authors believe the ugly and destructive patterns of an adult man are a product of?
(a) Flawed relationships with women.
(b) The qualities of his boy psychology that didn't evolve.
(c) A difficult relationship with his parents.
(d) Poor mental health.
6. What defines the High Chair Tyrant?
7. "Crisis" claims that modern day initiations are _______.
(a) Like ancient ones.
8. What do the authors believe an initiation contributes to a young man's maturity?
(a) He gains social skills.
(b) It helps him learn to talk to women.
(c) It helps him be a better public speaker.
(d) It helps him become a fully realized adult male.
9. What role does the Weakling Prince play in the Divine Child?
(a) He isn't involved.
(b) He is his conscience.
(c) He is a trusted advisor.
(d) He is a shadow side.
10. How developed is archetypal psychology?
(a) Young, but fully developed.
(b) In its infant stages.
(c) A few decades old.
(d) It's an ancient way of thought.
11. What do Jungians believe that the Divine Child is the source of?
12. The High Chair Tyrant evolves into a(n) ______ male.
13. In "Boy Psychology and Man Psychology" what is the stance on shadow-sides of a man's personality integrating into his whole personality?
(a) They make him more appealing to women.
(b) They give the man self-confidence.
(c) They can't integrate positively.
(d) They make him unique.
14. Whom is the Oedipal Child tied to?
(a) His mother.
(b) The Precocious Child.
(c) His shadow sides.
(d) His father.
15. The woman's male sub-personality is called the ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. In classic rites of passage, what are the young men supposed to do in the jungle?
2. In archetypal psychology, what do men inherit from generations before?
3. What is the skill of the Oedipal Child?
4. The Precocious Child is prone to _____ activity.
5. What role does the Know-It-All Trickster play in the Precocious Child?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)