|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There are pleasures and ______ that accompany manhood.
2. In the negative conditions youth experience today, what pattern do the authors see developing in young people?
(a) Trying to change the world.
(b) Developing a Peter Pan complex.
(c) Identifying more with women.
(d) Developing their own rites of passage without guidance.
3. What have the authors observed about how young men feel about maturity?
(a) They will only mature for a reward.
(b) They feel obligated to mature.
(c) They are eager to mature.
(d) They are very resistant to maturity.
4. In classic rites of passage, what are the young men supposed to do in the jungle?
(a) Become one with nature.
(b) None of the answers is correct.
(c) Sacrifice an animal.
(d) Endure struggles.
5. What does the Dreamer lack?
(d) Good looks.
6. Why does the Know-It-All Trickster enjoy playing practical jokes?
(a) To enlighten people.
(b) To laugh at others' naiveté.
(c) To pass the time.
(d) To find his intellectual equal.
7. Whom is the Oedipal Child tied to?
(a) The Precocious Child.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His shadow sides.
8. The Hero is the most _____ state of Boy psychology.
9. Why was the type of psychology discussed in this book popular at the time of publishing?
(a) The crime rate among young men was high.
(b) An economic crisis was occurring.
(c) There were fewer books being published.
(d) Self-help books were very popular as well.
10. What do the authors hope is the correction of this male crisis?
(a) Harsher laws.
(b) An internal blueprint in men.
(c) Strong public figures.
(d) Women's empowerment.
11. The Oedipal Child becomes:
(a) The Lover.
(b) The Warrior.
(c) The Magician.
(d) The King.
12. Classically, initiations are a ______ ritual.
13. A point of "Boy Psychology and Man Psychology" is that a mature male pattern is a _____ to a young man's development.
14. Why is the Mama's Boy disappointed as an adult?
(a) He isn't intelligent enough to do well.
(b) No woman can meet his ideal.
(c) Adulthood isn't as fun as childhood.
(d) The world is not as exciting as he expects.
15. What have the authors observed young men being forced to do without a ritual elder?
(a) Appoint one themselves.
(b) Find their own way.
(c) Stay boys forever.
(d) Start a new regime.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Weakling Prince produces a passive or ______ male.
2. "Crisis" claims that modern day initiations are _______.
3. A man's female sub-personality is called the _____.
4. The authors believe that gangs and crime indulge _____ behavior in young men.
5. Who leads the initiation?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)