|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role does the Know-It-All Trickster play in the Precocious Child?
(a) He is his soul mate.
(b) He is a shadow side.
(c) He is his predecessor.
(d) He is his conscience.
2. The cave paintings detail the "____ world" of masculinity.
3. How are the Dreamer and the Mama's Boy similar?
(a) They are antisocial.
(b) They are very intelligent.
(c) They are in search of the perfect mother.
(d) They are physically aggressive.
4. The authors are students of ______.
(a) Fritz Perls.
(b) William James.
(c) Sigmund Freud.
(d) Carl Jung.
5. What defines the High Chair Tyrant?
6. What have the authors observed young men being forced to do without a ritual elder?
(a) Stay boys forever.
(b) Find their own way.
(c) Start a new regime.
(d) Appoint one themselves.
7. How do the Know-It-All Trickster and the Dummy interact?
(a) The Know-It-All protects the Dummy.
(b) The Dummy is the victim of the Know-It-All.
(c) The Dummy ignores the Know-It-All.
(d) The Know-It-All is the victim of the Dummy.
8. The Divine Child becomes:
(a) The Lover.
(b) The King.
(c) The Warrior.
(d) The Magician.
9. Whom are archetypes meant to represent?
(a) Both men and women.
10. The Oedipal Child becomes:
(a) The King.
(b) The Warrior.
(c) The Magician.
(d) The Lover.
11. The Grandstander Bully's aggressive behavior is fueled by his ______.
12. What is the purpose of archetypes?
(a) To represent the foundation of all human behavior.
(b) None of the answers is correct.
(c) To show children how to behave.
(d) To propose another psychological theory.
13. What role does the Weakling Prince play in the Divine Child?
(a) He isn't involved.
(b) He is his conscience.
(c) He is a trusted advisor.
(d) He is a shadow side.
14. The authors believe there is a _______ desire in humans to develop a structured identity.
(b) Lack of.
15. What defines the Precocious Child?
(a) His compassion.
(b) His giftedness.
(c) His morals.
(d) His determination.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the key element of the ritual process Moore and Gillette believe that modern day young men lack?
2. The Divine Child is the most____ of the immature masculine archetypes.
3. What do the authors believe the ugly and destructive patterns of an adult man are a product of?
4. The Mama's Boy is always in search of the perfect ______.
5. The Hero becomes:
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)