|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The cave paintings detail the "____ world" of masculinity.
2. Whom is the Oedipal Child tied to?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) His shadow sides.
(d) The Precocious Child.
3. When is the Divine Child exhibited in the male psyche?
(a) When he is in a state of creativity and rebirth.
(b) When he is angry at an unjust action.
(c) When He changes his surroundings.
(d) When he is given a compliment.
4. The Precocious Child is prone to _____ activity.
(a) A lack of.
5. Classically, initiations are a ______ ritual.
6. The authors believe there is a _______ desire in humans to develop a structured identity.
(d) Lack of.
7. What is the role of the Mama's Boy in the Oedipal Child?
(a) He is his conscience.
(b) He is his enemy.
(c) He is his shadow side.
(d) He is his friend.
8. The authors believe that gangs and crime indulge _____ behavior in young men.
9. In conclusion of their discussions of initiation, the authors stress that the most important element of a young man's initiation is _____.
(a) The sacred space.
(b) The ritual elder.
(c) The cave paintings.
(d) The absence of women.
10. A man's female sub-personality is called the _____.
11. What does the Dreamer lack?
(c) Good looks.
12. The authors note that the modern-day prevalence of gangs and fracturing of families has had what effect on youth?
(a) Injured their psyches.
(b) Made them stronger.
(c) Made them more creative.
(d) Forced them to grow up fast.
13. The Divine Child becomes:
(a) The Warrior.
(b) The Magician.
(c) The King.
(d) The Lover.
14. The Hero is the most _____ state of Boy psychology.
15. What have the authors observed about how young men feel about maturity?
(a) They are eager to mature.
(b) They are very resistant to maturity.
(c) They will only mature for a reward.
(d) They feel obligated to mature.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shadow-sides of a man's personality are _____.
2. What is the skill of the Oedipal Child?
3. For a complete initiation process, the boys must be separated from ______.
4. What have the authors observed young men being forced to do without a ritual elder?
5. What is the role of the Dummy in the Precocious Child?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)