|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The authors believe there is a _______ desire in humans to develop a structured identity.
(d) Lack of.
2. How do the Know-It-All Trickster and the Dummy interact?
(a) The Know-It-All protects the Dummy.
(b) The Dummy ignores the Know-It-All.
(c) The Dummy is the victim of the Know-It-All.
(d) The Know-It-All is the victim of the Dummy.
3. In an initiation, the ritual space is considered _______.
4. The Mama's Boy is always in search of the perfect ______.
5. The Oedipal Child becomes:
(a) The King.
(b) The Lover.
(c) The Warrior.
(d) The Magician.
6. Why is the Mama's Boy disappointed as an adult?
(a) The world is not as exciting as he expects.
(b) No woman can meet his ideal.
(c) He isn't intelligent enough to do well.
(d) Adulthood isn't as fun as childhood.
7. What do the authors believe forces archetypes to go awry?
(a) A lack of contact with women.
(b) A change is society's values.
(c) A lack of education.
(d) Flawed relationships with parents.
8. What defines the Precocious Child?
(a) His morals.
(b) His compassion.
(c) His giftedness.
(d) His determination.
9. Shadow-sides of a man's personality are _____.
10. The Precocious Child is prone to _____ activity.
(c) A lack of.
11. What is a strong example of the Divine Child?
(a) John Lennon.
(d) Don Quixote.
12. In classic rites of passage, what are the young men supposed to do in the jungle?
(a) Endure struggles.
(b) Become one with nature.
(c) Sacrifice an animal.
(d) None of the answers is correct.
13. A man's female sub-personality is called the _____.
14. How could archetypal psychology benefit men and women?
(a) Men and women will form their own tribes.
(b) The two sexes will see what they have in common.
(c) The two sexes will begin to understand each other.
(d) Interactions between the two sexes will be more positive.
15. What role does the Know-It-All Trickster play in the Precocious Child?
(a) He is his soul mate.
(b) He is his conscience.
(c) He is his predecessor.
(d) He is a shadow side.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the role of the Mama's Boy in the Oedipal Child?
2. In archetypal psychology, what do men inherit from generations before?
3. "Crisis" stresses that a young man's initiation is ________.
4. What do Moore and Gillette claim happens in a young man's development without an initiation?
5. What do Jungians believe that the Divine Child is the source of?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)