The Crisis in Masculine Ritual Process and Masculine Potentials
1. "Crisis" stresses that a young man's initiation is ________.
2. What do the authors believe an initiation contributes to a young man's maturity?
(a) It helps him become a fully realized adult male.
(b) It helps him learn to talk to women.
(c) He gains social skills.
(d) It helps him be a better public speaker.
3. What do Moore and Gillette claim happens in a young man's development without an initiation?
(a) He is shunned from society.
(b) He cannot pull all the facets of his psyche together.
(c) His maturity is accelerated.
(d) He remains attached to his mother.
4. How far back does male initiation span?
(a) Pre-historic times.
(b) The early 19th century.
(c) Cro-Magnon man.
(d) It is a recent development.
5. What were cave paintings meant to illustrate?
(a) The history of the culture.
(b) Excellent painting technique.
(c) The primitive initiation rituals.
(d) The best ways to hunt.
6. The cave paintings detail the "____ world" of masculinity.
This section contains 3,939 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)