The Crisis in Masculine Ritual Process and Masculine Potentials
1. "Crisis" stresses that a young man's initiation is ________.
2. What do the authors believe an initiation contributes to a young man's maturity?
(a) He gains social skills.
(b) It helps him learn to talk to women.
(c) It helps him be a better public speaker.
(d) It helps him become a fully realized adult male.
3. What do Moore and Gillette claim happens in a young man's development without an initiation?
(a) He remains attached to his mother.
(b) He cannot pull all the facets of his psyche together.
(c) His maturity is accelerated.
(d) He is shunned from society.
4. How far back does male initiation span?
(a) Pre-historic times.
(b) It is a recent development.
(c) The early 19th century.
(d) Cro-Magnon man.
5. What were cave paintings meant to illustrate?
(a) The history of the culture.
(b) Excellent painting technique.
(c) The best ways to hunt.
(d) The primitive initiation rituals.
6. The cave paintings detail the "____ world" of masculinity.
This section contains 3,939 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)