* The authors claim that it is essential to a man's ability to develop emotionally and mentally to go through an initiation process within his culture or society.
* The authors claim that it is an inherent desire in all young men to want to progress into maturity.
* In both modern and ancient times, young men's rites of passage are marked by an endurance of hardship. Today, however, rites of passage are usually defined by unnecessary violence.
* The missing piece in today's rites of passage is the ritual elder: without guidance, young men are given no meaningful example of how to mature, and cannot mature fully.
* According to the psychologist Carl Jung, there is a blueprint inside every male, detailing the positive male persona: an archetype. Since there is an inherent hardwiring in every male, the correction of this "crisis" can...
This section contains 1,225 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)