|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marlowe recall as they are fumigating the bed?
(a) His young son and daughter.
(b) The first prison Marlowe was in.
(c) His wife.
(d) Why he was captured.
2. What is borehole detail?
(a) Digging new boreholes.
(b) Checking to see that the boreholes are covered appropriately.
(c) Cleaning out old boreholds and taking the contents to the jungle.
(d) Scooping cockroaches out of the latrines.
3. What does the King surmise about Cheng?
(a) He is honest.
(b) He is hurting for cash.
(c) He loves his family.
(d) He is a liar.
4. For whom are Marlowe and the King waiting at the beginning of Chapter 19?
(c) Col. Brant.
(d) Col. Kennedy.
5. About what does the King caution Marlowe?
(a) To translate to and from Malay very precisely.
(b) To make the guards understand even is Marlowe has to translate some things loosely.
(c) To not shake hands with Torusumi.
(d) To bow to Torusumi.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Smedly-Taylor offer Grey to appease him about the weights?
2. What does McCoy say to Larkin about Prouty?
3. What does Marlowe wish?
4. Why does the King choose Timsen to reveal the rat operation to?
5. What is the doctor's consolation to Marlowe if he has to amputate?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)