|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the King say he will pay Timsen?
(a) After Marlowe shows signs of getting better.
(b) That night since Grey is watching things right now.
(c) When Marlowe is well enough to lead him to the money.
(d) In a week.
2. Who intercepts Grey to keep him from arresting the King and Marlowe?
(b) Col. Brant.
(c) Major Beadly.
(d) Col. Kennedy.
3. How much does the King actually get from the Korean guard?
4. Who gets a letter from his wife?
5. What secret of Grey's does the King know?
(a) That Grey is not a British citizen.
(b) That Grey cheated to get an officer's commission.
(c) That Grey's wife is frigid.
(d) Who Grey's stoolie is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the King surmise about Cheng?
2. What does McCoy say to Larkin about Prouty?
3. How do Marlowe, Larkin and McCoy decide to spread news about the war?
4. How do Marlowe and Ewart fumigate the bed?
5. What false information does the King relay?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the negotiations for the diamond.
2. Describe the scene where Marlowe acts as a go-between.
3. Describe the pursuit and escape of Marlowe with the money.
4. Why are King and Marlowe in the King's tent at the opening of Chapter 19 and what happens?
5. What happens when the King offers Marlowe $108 dollars as Marlowe's take in the transaction with Prouty's watch?
6. With what does Larkin surprise Marlowe and why does he do so?
7. Describe Tiny Timsen.
8. Why does Sean refuse to go on stage and what changes his mind?
9. Who does the King invite to start up a rat breeding operation and what is the plan?
10. Why isn't Marlowe successful in going after the money and how is he care for with the medicines Timsen gets?
This section contains 1,257 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)