|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gets a letter from his wife?
2. What shocks Marlowe about Samson?
(a) That he is on the King's payroll.
(b) That he likes Steven.
(c) That he is friends with Lt. Grey.
(d) That he is willing to break the rules.
3. How much does Marlowe get for the sergeant's fountain pen?
(a) 75 dollars and cigarettes.
(b) Only 75 dollars.
(c) Only 120 dollars.
(d) 120 dollars and cigarettes.
4. What is McCoy so happy?
(a) He gets out of borehold detail to fix the radio.
(b) He receives a letter from his wife.
(c) He is given a field promotion.
(d) Marlowe gives him the capacitor and it works.
5. What has Grey learned from his spy about the diamond?
(a) It has been stolen by a Korean guard.
(b) It is about to change hands soon.
(c) It is more valuable than first thought.
(d) It is a fake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who confronts the King and Marlowe after they go away from the MPs?
2. Of what could Marlowe eventually die?
3. Who cleaned up Marlowe when he was first captured?
4. What does Marlowe do in the jungle before his capture?
5. What does Hawkins' dog do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sean refuse to go on stage and what changes his mind?
2. Describe the negotiations between Timsen and the King for medical help for Marlowe.
3. Why are King and Marlowe in the King's tent at the opening of Chapter 19 and what happens?
4. How do Marlowe and the King go outside to wire, and where do they go?
5. Who does the King invite to start up a rat breeding operation and what is the plan?
6. Who gets a letter from home and how does it seem many POWs feel about letters?
7. With what does Larkin surprise Marlowe and why does he do so?
8. Why isn't Marlowe successful in going after the money and how is he care for with the medicines Timsen gets?
9. What happens when the King offers Marlowe $108 dollars as Marlowe's take in the transaction with Prouty's watch?
10. Describe the scene where Marlowe acts as a go-between.
This section contains 1,134 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)