|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lt. Grey place Marlowe under arrest?
(a) For eating dog.
(b) For not distributing the coconuts fairly.
(c) For selling a fountain pen to a Korean guard.
(d) For disobeying orders.
2. What does Hawkins' dog do?
(a) Kills some rats for the soldiers for food.
(b) Kills and eats one of Foster's hens.
(c) Attack Yoshima.
(d) Attacks a huge lizard and dies.
3. About what does the King caution Marlowe?
(a) To make the guards understand even is Marlowe has to translate some things loosely.
(b) To translate to and from Malay very precisely.
(c) To not shake hands with Torusumi.
(d) To bow to Torusumi.
4. What does Marlowe wish?
(a) That life could be simple again and he could talk to God without shame.
(b) That the King would leave Marlowe alone.
(c) That the Allies would get there.
(d) That he had taken the $108 dollar commission.
5. About what is Ewart furious?
(a) That McCoy tells a secret Ewart trusted him with.
(b) Not knowing his family's fate.
(c) That Lt. Grey spills Ewart's rations.
(d) That Marlowe pretends he doesn't know Ewart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What false information does the King relay?
2. What is borehole detail?
3. Who is meeting in the shadows with Prouty?
4. Of what could Marlowe eventually die?
5. What does Marlowe bargain out of Sutra?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why will the airfield detail have an agreeable aspect to it?
2. Why are King and Marlowe in the King's tent at the opening of Chapter 19 and what happens?
3. Who gets a letter from home and how does it seem many POWs feel about letters?
4. How does Lt. Grey compromise his honor and what is his reaction after doing so?
5. How do Marlowe and the King go outside to wire, and where do they go?
6. What happens when Lt. Grey stumbles from illness and what is the result?
7. How do Marlowe, Larkin and Smedly-Taylor decide to pass on the news to the camp after getting the radio working and what is the result?
8. Describe Marlowe's visit with McCoy in the infirmary.
9. What happens when the King offers Marlowe $108 dollars as Marlowe's take in the transaction with Prouty's watch?
10. What does Dr. Kennedy say about Marlowe's arm?
This section contains 1,128 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)