|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the King say he will pay Timsen?
(a) That night since Grey is watching things right now.
(b) When Marlowe is well enough to lead him to the money.
(c) In a week.
(d) After Marlowe shows signs of getting better.
2. Where does the King summon Marlowe, Larkin and McCoy?
(a) To go outside the wire that night.
(b) To lunch in his hut.
(c) To Cell 54.
(d) To watch a new play by Steven.
3. What is the rumor about the airfield?
(a) It is going to be paved.
(b) That three coconut trees will be felled.
(c) It flooded in the last rain and is now full of pits and holes.
(d) That it is being abandoned so the Americans have no good place to land.
4. What does Marlowe believe about the war?
(a) It will drag on for several more years.
(b) It will never end.
(c) It is almost over.
(d) It no longer matters.
5. How much does the King actually get from the Korean guard?
Short Answer Questions
1. About what is Samson envious concerning Marlowe?
2. What does Kennedy tell Marlowe?
3. How does Lt. Grey find the tampered weights?
4. What has Grey learned from his spy about the diamond?
5. What is the doctor's consolation to Marlowe if he has to amputate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Tiny Timsen.
2. Who gets a letter from home and how does it seem many POWs feel about letters?
3. What happens when Lt. Grey stumbles from illness and what is the result?
4. Why will the airfield detail have an agreeable aspect to it?
5. Describe the "birthday party" of the elite who are invited to a barbecue.
6. Describe the negotiations between Timsen and the King for medical help for Marlowe.
7. How do Marlowe and the King reestablish their friendship after the King blows up at Marlowe about the radio?
8. Describe the transaction between the King and Shagata.
9. Describe the negotiations for the diamond.
10. Describe Marlowe's visit with McCoy in the infirmary.
This section contains 1,289 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)