|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Marlowe send coconuts?
(d) Torusumi and Shoko.
2. What is the show called that Sean is about to premiere?
(a) King Rat.
3. What does Marlowe bargain out of Sutra?
(a) A hen.
(b) A radio.
(d) A piglet.
4. How do Marlowe, Larkin and McCoy decide to spread news about the war?
(a) To trick the Korean guards into telling the news.
(b) For each to tell two friends, who tell two friends.
(c) To call a meeting of the highest-ranking officers and let them decide.
(d) They decide not to say anything since things are not going that well.
5. Why does the King trip?
(a) To trip Grey and make it look like an accident.
(b) To give Marlowe a chance to get away with the money.
(c) He missess seeing a root sticking up out of the ground.
(d) He has his shoes on the wrong feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marlowe do in the jungle before his capture?
2. Where does Townsend get the ring?
3. How much does the King give Prouty?
4. For whom are Marlowe and the King waiting at the beginning of Chapter 19?
5. Who is meeting in the shadows with Prouty?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dr. Kennedy say about Marlowe's arm?
2. Describe the negotiations for the diamond.
3. Describe the transaction between the King and Shagata.
4. How do Marlowe and the King reestablish their friendship after the King blows up at Marlowe about the radio?
5. Describe the negotiations between Timsen and the King for medical help for Marlowe.
6. What happens when Lt. Grey stumbles from illness and what is the result?
7. How does Lt. Grey compromise his honor and what is his reaction after doing so?
8. How do Marlowe, Larkin and Smedly-Taylor decide to pass on the news to the camp after getting the radio working and what is the result?
9. Describe Marlowe's visit with McCoy in the infirmary.
10. Describe the "birthday party" of the elite who are invited to a barbecue.
This section contains 1,194 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)