|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the show called that Sean is about to premiere?
(d) King Rat.
2. How does Lt. Grey find the tampered weights?
(a) He stumbles and knocks them over.
(b) He has one of the Korean guards check the weights.
(c) He tortures one of the enlisted men who is serving the grain.
(d) He takes the machines apart and checks the weights.
3. How do Marlowe and Ewart fumigate the bed?
(a) With linseed oil.
(b) With a concoction made from bamboo roots.
(c) With petroleum.
(d) With fire.
4. For whom are Marlowe and the King waiting at the beginning of Chapter 19?
(a) Col. Kennedy.
(b) Col. Brant.
5. What does the King ask Timsen?
(a) To get some antitoxin and sulfonamide powder.
(c) To cut in on the ring profits to find some quinine for Tex.
(d) To find the ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Marlowe get for the sergeant's fountain pen?
2. To whom does Marlowe send coconuts?
3. Where does Townsend get the ring?
4. What shocks Marlowe about Samson?
5. Of what could Marlowe eventually die?
Short Essay Questions
1. With what does Larkin surprise Marlowe and why does he do so?
2. Why isn't Marlowe successful in going after the money and how is he care for with the medicines Timsen gets?
3. Who gets a letter from home and how does it seem many POWs feel about letters?
4. How does Lt. Grey compromise his honor and what is his reaction after doing so?
5. How do Marlowe and the King reestablish their friendship after the King blows up at Marlowe about the radio?
6. How does Marlowe manage to obtain a radio and what is the King's reaction?
7. Why does Sean refuse to go on stage and what changes his mind?
8. How do Marlowe and the King go outside to wire, and where do they go?
9. Who intercepts Lt. Grey as he goes to arrest Prouty and Marlowe, and why does Grey allow himself to be distracted?
10. Describe Tiny Timsen.
This section contains 1,283 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)