|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the King seal the door to the cellblock after those who invited are inside?
(a) To keep out nosey guards.
(b) To show the men where the radio is hidden.
(c) To show the men where he is digging an escape tunnel.
(d) So other POWs don't smell the cooking and riot.
2. How does Marlowe injure his left arm?
(a) A dog mauls him.
(b) In a fight.
(c) On wood detail.
(d) He trips.
3. How much do delivery, nurse and equipment cost to take care of Marlowe?
(a) 500 dollars.
(b) 1500 dollars.
(c) 1000 dollars.
(d) 150 dollars.
4. About what does the King caution Marlowe?
(a) To not shake hands with Torusumi.
(b) To bow to Torusumi.
(c) To translate to and from Malay very precisely.
(d) To make the guards understand even is Marlowe has to translate some things loosely.
5. What does Grey find on the King when he catches him?
(b) A couple dollars.
(c) A watch.
(d) A pipe.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Yoshima's staff search to find the new radio?
2. What does Sean refuse to do at first?
3. What does Timsen not guarantee?
4. Why does Lt. Grey place Marlowe under arrest?
5. What does the King tell the officers that sobers them briefly as they are laughing and playing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Marlowe and the King go outside to wire, and where do they go?
2. Describe Marlowe's visit with McCoy in the infirmary.
3. With what does Larkin surprise Marlowe and why does he do so?
4. What happens when Lt. Grey stumbles from illness and what is the result?
5. What happens when the King offers Marlowe $108 dollars as Marlowe's take in the transaction with Prouty's watch?
6. Describe the "birthday party" of the elite who are invited to a barbecue.
7. What does Dr. Kennedy say about Marlowe's arm?
8. Describe Tiny Timsen.
9. Why will the airfield detail have an agreeable aspect to it?
10. Why does Sean refuse to go on stage and what changes his mind?
This section contains 1,159 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)