|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who cleaned up Marlowe when he was first captured?
(b) Larkin and Mccoy.
(c) Sgt. Masters.
(d) Lt. Grey.
2. How does Marlowe injure his left arm?
(a) A dog mauls him.
(b) On wood detail.
(c) In a fight.
(d) He trips.
3. Where does Townsend get the ring?
(a) It is a family heirloom.
(b) It was a gift he bought before being captured.
(c) From Gurble on the day Gurble commits suicide.
(d) From a dead soldier on the march to Changi.
4. What is McCoy so happy?
(a) He receives a letter from his wife.
(b) Marlowe gives him the capacitor and it works.
(c) He is given a field promotion.
(d) He gets out of borehold detail to fix the radio.
5. What does the King promise if Marlowe will go bury the money in the jungle?
(a) To give him some of his bodyguards if needed.
(b) To help him meet up with Sulina again.
(c) To save Marlowe's arm.
(d) To give Marlowe half of the profits.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marlowe wonder about when he encounters Hawkins?
2. How do Marlowe and Ewart fumigate the bed?
3. About what does Torusumi talk?
4. What does Marlowe believe about the war?
5. What secret of Grey's does the King know?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Lt. Grey stumbles from illness and what is the result?
2. Why will the airfield detail have an agreeable aspect to it?
3. Why are King and Marlowe in the King's tent at the opening of Chapter 19 and what happens?
4. How do Marlowe and the King reestablish their friendship after the King blows up at Marlowe about the radio?
5. Describe the negotiations for the diamond.
6. What happens when the King offers Marlowe $108 dollars as Marlowe's take in the transaction with Prouty's watch?
7. Who gets a letter from home and how does it seem many POWs feel about letters?
8. Describe the "birthday party" of the elite who are invited to a barbecue.
9. What does Dr. Kennedy say about Marlowe's arm?
10. Describe Marlowe's visit with McCoy in the infirmary.
This section contains 1,125 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)