|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lt. Grey place Marlowe under arrest?
(a) For not distributing the coconuts fairly.
(b) For eating dog.
(c) For disobeying orders.
(d) For selling a fountain pen to a Korean guard.
2. What has Grey learned from his spy about the diamond?
(a) It has been stolen by a Korean guard.
(b) It is more valuable than first thought.
(c) It is a fake.
(d) It is about to change hands soon.
3. Who confronts the King and Marlowe after they go away from the MPs?
(a) Col. Brant.
(b) A man with a mask and a small pistol.
(c) The Korean guards.
(d) Four men in masks with heavy sticks.
4. What does Marlowe talk about to Sutra?
(a) The weather.
(b) The delicious saki.
(c) The wireless.
5. What does Marlowe believe about the war?
(a) It is almost over.
(b) It no longer matters.
(c) It will drag on for several more years.
(d) It will never end.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kennedy tell Marlowe?
2. What is the doctor's consolation to Marlowe if he has to amputate?
3. When does the King say he will pay Timsen?
4. About what is Samson envious concerning Marlowe?
5. Why does the King seal the door to the cellblock after those who invited are inside?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the "birthday party" of the elite who are invited to a barbecue.
2. Describe the transaction between the King and Shagata.
3. Who does the King invite to start up a rat breeding operation and what is the plan?
4. Describe the negotiations between Timsen and the King for medical help for Marlowe.
5. Describe the scene where Marlowe acts as a go-between.
6. Why isn't Marlowe successful in going after the money and how is he care for with the medicines Timsen gets?
7. Describe Marlowe's visit with McCoy in the infirmary.
8. With what does Larkin surprise Marlowe and why does he do so?
9. Describe the pursuit and escape of Marlowe with the money.
10. What happens when the King offers Marlowe $108 dollars as Marlowe's take in the transaction with Prouty's watch?
This section contains 1,209 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)