|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day is it at the opening to Chapter 6?
(a) May Day.
(b) V-E day.
(c) Memorial day.
(d) The first day of Spring.
2. Where does the King summon Marlowe, Larkin and McCoy?
(a) To watch a new play by Steven.
(b) To go outside the wire that night.
(c) To lunch in his hut.
(d) To Cell 54.
3. To whom does Marlowe send coconuts?
(c) Torusumi and Shoko.
4. What does Shagata report?
(a) Cheng has been exiled.
(b) Cheng has been executed.
(c) Cheng has been released and has the money.
(d) Cheng is no longer interested in the deal.
5. Of what could Marlowe eventually die?
(c) Dengue fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much do delivery, nurse and equipment cost to take care of Marlowe?
2. What false information does the King relay?
3. What is McCoy so happy?
4. What does Hawkins' dog do?
5. How long does Yoshima's staff search to find the new radio?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Marlowe, Larkin and Smedly-Taylor decide to pass on the news to the camp after getting the radio working and what is the result?
2. With what does Larkin surprise Marlowe and why does he do so?
3. What does Dr. Kennedy say about Marlowe's arm?
4. What happens when Lt. Grey stumbles from illness and what is the result?
5. Describe the "birthday party" of the elite who are invited to a barbecue.
6. How does Marlowe manage to obtain a radio and what is the King's reaction?
7. Why are King and Marlowe in the King's tent at the opening of Chapter 19 and what happens?
8. Describe the pursuit and escape of Marlowe with the money.
9. How does Lt. Grey compromise his honor and what is his reaction after doing so?
10. Describe the negotiations for the diamond.
This section contains 1,268 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)