|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marlowe bargain out of Sutra?
(a) A piglet.
(b) A radio.
(d) A hen.
2. What is the doctor's consolation to Marlowe if he has to amputate?
(a) There is a sterilizer.
(b) He may still live.
(c) He is very fast since he's had a lot of practise.
(d) They have ether.
3. What is the show called that Sean is about to premiere?
(c) King Rat.
4. Of what could Marlowe eventually die?
(d) Dengue fever.
5. What secret of Grey's does the King know?
(a) That Grey's wife is frigid.
(b) That Grey is not a British citizen.
(c) That Grey cheated to get an officer's commission.
(d) Who Grey's stoolie is.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who intercepts Grey to keep him from arresting the King and Marlowe?
2. How does Marlowe injure his left arm?
3. What does the King ask Timsen?
4. What does Marlowe wish?
5. Why does Lt. Grey place Marlowe under arrest?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the transaction between the King and Shagata.
2. Describe the negotiations between Timsen and the King for medical help for Marlowe.
3. With what does Larkin surprise Marlowe and why does he do so?
4. How does Marlowe manage to obtain a radio and what is the King's reaction?
5. Who gets a letter from home and how does it seem many POWs feel about letters?
6. Describe Marlowe's visit with McCoy in the infirmary.
7. How do Marlowe, Larkin and Smedly-Taylor decide to pass on the news to the camp after getting the radio working and what is the result?
8. Describe the negotiations for the diamond.
9. What does Dr. Kennedy say about Marlowe's arm?
10. What happens when the King offers Marlowe $108 dollars as Marlowe's take in the transaction with Prouty's watch?
This section contains 1,145 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)