|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a worse place than the Changi camp?
(a) The Ginseng dungeons.
(b) No place.
(c) The Utram Road jail.
(d) The Ultra fortress.
2. What fault does Col. Brant find with the King?
(a) Wearing a dirty uniform.
(b) Flaunting his wealth.
(c) Harrassing the laundress.
(d) Being late to formation.
3. On what does Grey splurge?
(a) A night with one of the geisha girls.
(b) A half cup of milk.
(c) A second cigarette for the day.
(d) A night sneaking out of the camp.
4. What is Col. Sellars missing?
(a) A money clip.
(b) A ring.
(c) A armband.
(d) A watch.
5. How does the King get Vexley talking about rat breeding?
(a) By giving Vexley a cigarette.
(b) By offering him a small percentage in the rat meat business.
(c) By threatening to tell on Vesley for having extra rations.
(d) He cannot seem to get Vexley to talk about rats.
6. What secret does the King leak to the Australians?
(a) About Lt. Grey's wife.
(b) About the Korean guards.
(c) About the tobacco process.
(d) About the rats.
7. What is one problem that could impact humans?
(a) Rat meat goes rancid very quickly.
(c) The fleas on rats can carry plague.
(d) The psychological problem of eating rat.
8. What does King want Marlowe to do?
(a) Discipline two of the British airmen.
(b) Go with him outside the wire.
(c) Negotiate with Grey about the diamond.
(d) Build a radio.
9. For what do the Korean guards search?
(a) Any contraband.
(b) Illegal rations.
(c) An illegal radio.
(d) Woman brought into the camp illegally.
10. Who drinks quinine and then has nightmares?
(c) Lt. Grey.
11. Why is Lt. Grey summoning the person?
(a) For a tongue lashing.
(b) To ask about supplies that are to arrive.
(c) For an inventory.
(d) To get maps of the island.
12. What is Daven doing?
(a) Working on the radio.
(b) Working undercover for the Koreans.
(c) Working undercover for Grey.
(d) Raising rats.
13. What does the doctor rule as cause of death on Gurble?
(c) Heart attack.
14. Who does the King summon into his hut?
(a) A laundry woman.
(b) The camp stoolie.
(c) A prison guard.
(d) The man speaking with the native.
15. Who does the King speak to across the compound?
(a) No one.
(b) Major Johnson.
(c) Captain Quigg.
(d) Lt. Grey cannot ascertain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the King panic at Marlowe's request?
2. Who learns to cook the weed gratis?
3. What are Max, Tex and Marlowe doing at the opening of Chapter 9?
4. About what is the King thinking when he spies a man talking with a native?
5. Why does the King thank Sgt. Masters?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)