|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Marlowe get the King in trouble in the first place?
(a) A love of danger.
(b) He does not like the man.
(c) To irritate Lt. Grey.
(d) To see what sort of man the King is.
2. What does Lt. Grey want in Chapter 11?
(a) To be left alone.
(b) To go outside the wire to a geisha girl.
(c) To take over Lt. Dexter's job.
(d) To die.
3. On what does Grey splurge?
(a) A half cup of milk.
(b) A second cigarette for the day.
(c) A night with one of the geisha girls.
(d) A night sneaking out of the camp.
4. About what is the King thinking when he spies a man talking with a native?
(a) A diamond deal.
(b) Asking Col. Brant for a transfer.
(c) Doing K.P.
(d) Selling the item for Major Barry.
5. How does the King get Vexley talking about rat breeding?
(a) By threatening to tell on Vesley for having extra rations.
(b) By offering him a small percentage in the rat meat business.
(c) By giving Vexley a cigarette.
(d) He cannot seem to get Vexley to talk about rats.
6. With whom do the King and Marlowe meet in the night?
(a) A man with six daughters.
(b) A Korean guard.
(c) Col. Brant.
(d) A Buddhist monk.
7. What does Grey tell Larkin?
(a) That Grey is filing charges against Larkin.
(b) That Grey is putting Larkin in for a commendation.
(c) That Grey has arrested two of Larkin's men for gambling.
(d) That Grey wants to join the next group of "two up."
8. Where does the King want to set up a rat farm?
(a) In the slit trench under a hut.
(b) In the officer's latrine area.
(c) In an excavation under the Korean solders's barracks.
(d) In the jungle outside the wire.
9. Who is Sean?
(a) A young boy who serves the officers.
(b) The camp cook.
(c) A cross-dresser.
(d) The camp idiot.
10. Where does Col. Kennedy go after talking with the King?
(a) To attend another death.
(b) To the Korean guards to ask for more quinine.
(c) To talk with Col. Brant.
(d) Outside the wire.
11. Who is Lt. Grey summoning?
(a) The cook.
(b) The burser.
(c) The laundress.
(d) The King.
12. How does Lt. Grey think of his wife?
(a) As frigid.
(b) As the love of his life.
(c) As oversexed.
(d) As a rock in the storm.
13. What is Col. Sellars missing?
(a) A armband.
(b) A money clip.
(c) A ring.
(d) A watch.
14. What does King want Marlowe to do?
(a) Discipline two of the British airmen.
(b) Negotiate with Grey about the diamond.
(c) Go with him outside the wire.
(d) Build a radio.
15. What does Larkin tell Grey to do?
(a) Forget the commendation.
(b) There are no more slots for "two up."
(c) File all the charges he wants.
(d) Release the men to him for discipline.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Grey say he has heard rumors?
2. Who learns to cook the weed gratis?
3. What does Kurt bring in at the end of Chapter 10?
4. Of what is Grey accused?
5. About how many litters per year can the Rattus norvegicus have per year?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)