|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one problem that could impact humans?
(a) The fleas on rats can carry plague.
(b) Rat meat goes rancid very quickly.
(d) The psychological problem of eating rat.
2. What is Vexley's favorite topic in biology class?
3. Who does the King summon into his hut?
(a) The camp stoolie.
(b) The man speaking with the native.
(c) A laundry woman.
(d) A prison guard.
4. How long does it take to construct a radio?
(a) They don't have the parts to construct a radio.
(b) A few days.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Five months.
5. Who does the King speak to across the compound?
(a) No one.
(b) Lt. Grey cannot ascertain.
(c) Captain Quigg.
(d) Major Johnson.
6. Of what is Grey accused?
(a) Harrassing a civilian.
(b) Being out of uniform.
(c) Harrassing a man of higher rank.
(d) Conduct unbecoming an officer.
7. To what does the King invite Marlowe?
(a) To go outside the wire.
(b) A rat roast.
(c) A rich lunch.
(d) A planning session.
8. What does King want Marlowe to do?
(a) Go with him outside the wire.
(b) Discipline two of the British airmen.
(c) Build a radio.
(d) Negotiate with Grey about the diamond.
9. Who learns to cook the weed gratis?
(b) Lt. Grey.
(d) Col. Brant.
10. Where does the King want to set up a rat farm?
(a) In the officer's latrine area.
(b) In the slit trench under a hut.
(c) In an excavation under the Korean solders's barracks.
(d) In the jungle outside the wire.
11. What does King offer Marlowe to join his payroll?
(a) $20 a week.
(b) One good meal a day.
(c) A geisha at his beck and call.
(d) $50 a week.
12. What fault does Col. Brant find with the King?
(a) Harrassing the laundress.
(b) Wearing a dirty uniform.
(c) Flaunting his wealth.
(d) Being late to formation.
13. What is a worse place than the Changi camp?
(a) The Ginseng dungeons.
(b) No place.
(c) The Utram Road jail.
(d) The Ultra fortress.
14. What is essential to the rat project?
(a) To have enough space.
(b) The permission of the officers.
(c) The tacit permission of the Korean guards.
(d) That it be kept a secret.
15. What does the doctor rule as cause of death on Gurble?
(a) Heart attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what are King and Marlowe shaken?
2. Why does Marlowe get the King in trouble in the first place?
3. Who is Tex?
4. What does Grey use Marlowe for concerning the diamond?
5. About what is the King thinking when he spies a man talking with a native?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)