|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leads a raid?
(a) Major Barry.
(b) Capt. Brough.
(c) Col. Brant.
(d) Lt. Grey.
2. What is Col. Sellars missing?
(a) A armband.
(b) A watch.
(c) A money clip.
(d) A ring.
3. What does Grey see the King do?
(a) Hand off the diamond to a Korean guard.
(b) Sell a watch illegally.
(c) Meet the Korean guard Turasan.
(d) Buy some smuggled goods.
4. How soon can a newly-born rat breed?
(a) At 6 months.
(b) At about a year of age.
(c) Within 2 months.
(d) Anywhere from 1-5 months.
5. Why does the King panic at Marlowe's request?
(a) The lighter he has is not on his inventory.
(b) King does not believe in God.
(c) King is afraid of catching something in the infirmary.
(d) King has had a fight with the enlisted man in question.
6. Who is Lt. Grey?
(a) The camp doctor.
(b) The camp liaison.
(c) The camp Provost marshal.
(d) The camp quartermaster.
7. What does Col. Smedly-Taylor ask Yoshima?
(a) About how the war is going.
(b) About what happened to Sgt. Masters.
(c) About better food and medicine.
(d) About why the Americans are receiving a greater share of the portions.
8. To what does the King invite Marlowe?
(a) To go outside the wire.
(b) A rat roast.
(c) A rich lunch.
(d) A planning session.
9. Who is Tex?
(a) A guard.
(b) The only Marine officer in the camp.
(c) The chaplain.
(d) The man who handles the legwork for the King.
10. What does Larkin say Australians need to do?
(a) Feel like men.
(c) Drink whiskey.
(d) Have geisha girls in the camp.
11. What is Eve?
(a) The code word for the breeding project.
(b) The name Steven calls himself in his latest play.
(c) No one knows who Eve is; the word just appears on a hut wall one day.
(d) The first female rat they breed.
12. Who reprimands both Lt. Grey and the man he summons?
(a) Major Johnson.
(b) Col. Bird.
(c) Col. Brant.
(d) Captain Quigg.
13. How long does it take to construct a radio?
(a) They don't have the parts to construct a radio.
(b) A few days.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Five months.
14. What does Dr. Prudhomme announce?
(a) Two upcoming appendectomies.
(b) Another run-in with the Japanese doctor.
(c) Two upcoming amputations.
(d) Four more deaths.
15. About what does Grey read?
(a) God afflicting Job.
(b) How to make hooch with rice.
(c) How to make clothing with hemp.
(d) How the war fares.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Col. Kennedy want to know from the King?
2. Where does the King want to set up a rat farm?
3. Who is sitting by Sgt. Masters when the Sgt. dies?
4. What is Daven doing?
5. What is Grey to check in the ditch by Hut 16?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)