|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marlowe find shady?
(a) That Max has been outside the wire for several days now.
(b) That the Americans are dealing separately with the Koreans.
(c) That the Americans are dealing separately with the Japanese.
(d) The fact that the King leaked the secret.
2. Why is Lt. Grey summoning the person?
(a) For an inventory.
(b) To ask about supplies that are to arrive.
(c) To get maps of the island.
(d) For a tongue lashing.
3. What is Daven doing?
(a) Raising rats.
(b) Working undercover for the Koreans.
(c) Working on the radio.
(d) Working undercover for Grey.
4. Why can't Marlowe sleep the night after the King talks with him about going outside the wire?
(a) He keeps thinking about the voyage from Java.
(b) He is too hot.
(c) He is planning on how to take over the King's operations.
(d) He is afraid to go outside the wire.
5. Of what does Grey say he has heard rumors?
(a) An allied invasion.
(b) A diamond in the camp.
(c) That they are to be given new clothing next week.
(d) An armistice.
6. Who is sitting by Sgt. Masters when the Sgt. dies?
(a) The King.
(b) Col. Brant.
(c) Lt. Grey.
7. What is Col. Sellars missing?
(a) A ring.
(b) A armband.
(c) A money clip.
(d) A watch.
8. What do the conspirators wonder in Hut 16?
(a) If the King can get another radio crystal.
(b) If Col. Brant will be moved to Ultram.
(c) If Marlowe can fix the transponder.
(d) Who betrays them.
9. What does Col. Smedly-Taylor ask Yoshima?
(a) About what happened to Sgt. Masters.
(b) About why the Americans are receiving a greater share of the portions.
(c) About how the war is going.
(d) About better food and medicine.
10. What POW camp is Marlowe in before coming to Changi?
(a) Burma POW camps.
(b) Changi is his first time in a POW camp.
(c) Malay POW camps.
(d) Java POW camps.
11. Who leads a raid?
(a) Col. Brant.
(b) Capt. Brough.
(c) Lt. Grey.
(d) Major Barry.
12. Who is Peter Marlowe?
(a) An Air Force general.
(b) A journalist.
(c) The man speaking with the native.
(d) A Marine colonel.
13. What does Grey use Marlowe for concerning the diamond?
(a) As a prosecutor.
(b) As a middle man.
(c) As an investigator.
(d) As an assessor.
14. How soon can a newly-born rat breed?
(a) At 6 months.
(b) Anywhere from 1-5 months.
(c) Within 2 months.
(d) At about a year of age.
15. Who is Tex?
(a) A guard.
(b) The only Marine officer in the camp.
(c) The chaplain.
(d) The man who handles the legwork for the King.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what language are the man and native speaking?
2. What is a worse place than the Changi camp?
3. Where does Col. Kennedy go after talking with the King?
4. What happens to Daven and Cox?
5. What do three officers share after the rain?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)