|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is essential to the rat project?
(a) To have enough space.
(b) The permission of the officers.
(c) That it be kept a secret.
(d) The tacit permission of the Korean guards.
2. What are two potential problems in raising the rats?
(a) Discovery and snakes.
(b) Snakes and stealing.
(c) Snakes and flooding of the cages.
(d) Cannibalism and fighting.
3. Why does Marlowe get the King in trouble in the first place?
(a) He does not like the man.
(b) To irritate Lt. Grey.
(c) A love of danger.
(d) To see what sort of man the King is.
4. What does Grey tell Larkin?
(a) That Grey is putting Larkin in for a commendation.
(b) That Grey has arrested two of Larkin's men for gambling.
(c) That Grey wants to join the next group of "two up."
(d) That Grey is filing charges against Larkin.
5. By what are King and Marlowe shaken?
(a) The epidemic of malaria.
(b) The close call with Grey.
(c) The fact that Col Brant is being released and a worse commandant will be assuming command.
(d) The epidemic of cholera.
6. What does Marlowe offer the King after eating King's eggs?
(a) A machete.
(b) A Cuban cigar.
(c) Tobacco cured in the Javanese way.
(d) A free night out in town.
7. What does Marlowe find shady?
(a) The fact that the King leaked the secret.
(b) That the Americans are dealing separately with the Japanese.
(c) That Max has been outside the wire for several days now.
(d) That the Americans are dealing separately with the Koreans.
8. What is Maj. Barry asking King to sell?
(a) A switchblade.
(b) A pair of scissors.
(c) Two packs of cigarettes.
(d) A Ronson cigarette lighter.
9. How does Lt. Grey think of his wife?
(a) As the love of his life.
(b) As frigid.
(c) As a rock in the storm.
(d) As oversexed.
10. What does Col. Smedly-Taylor ask Yoshima?
(a) About better food and medicine.
(b) About how the war is going.
(c) About why the Americans are receiving a greater share of the portions.
(d) About what happened to Sgt. Masters.
11. What does Kurt bring in at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) A different breed of rats that may not carry the plague.
(b) A Korean soldier who wants in on the rat business.
(c) A new prisoner who worked with rats in a medical lab.
(d) A female rat he has captured.
12. About what does Grey read?
(a) God afflicting Job.
(b) How the war fares.
(c) How to make hooch with rice.
(d) How to make clothing with hemp.
13. Who does the King speak to across the compound?
(a) Lt. Grey cannot ascertain.
(b) No one.
(c) Captain Quigg.
(d) Major Johnson.
14. What is Col. Sellars missing?
(a) A ring.
(b) A money clip.
(c) A armband.
(d) A watch.
15. What does King want Marlowe to do?
(a) Negotiate with Grey about the diamond.
(b) Discipline two of the British airmen.
(c) Build a radio.
(d) Go with him outside the wire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who learns to cook the weed gratis?
2. What is Vexley's favorite topic in biology class?
3. What is one problem that could impact humans?
4. What is Daven doing?
5. What does Grey see the King do?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)