|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Max, Tex and Marlowe doing at the opening of Chapter 9?
(a) Trying to corner a rat.
(b) Tying up Lt. Grey.
(c) Gathering bamboo shoots.
(d) Breeding pigeons.
2. What does Larkin tell Grey to do?
(a) File all the charges he wants.
(b) Forget the commendation.
(c) Release the men to him for discipline.
(d) There are no more slots for "two up."
3. Who does the King speak to across the compound?
(a) Lt. Grey cannot ascertain.
(b) Captain Quigg.
(c) No one.
(d) Major Johnson.
4. About what is the King thinking when he spies a man talking with a native?
(a) Selling the item for Major Barry.
(b) Asking Col. Brant for a transfer.
(c) A diamond deal.
(d) Doing K.P.
5. Who drinks quinine and then has nightmares?
(a) Lt. Grey.
6. What is a worse place than the Changi camp?
(a) The Utram Road jail.
(b) No place.
(c) The Ultra fortress.
(d) The Ginseng dungeons.
7. What does Marlowe find shady?
(a) That Max has been outside the wire for several days now.
(b) The fact that the King leaked the secret.
(c) That the Americans are dealing separately with the Japanese.
(d) That the Americans are dealing separately with the Koreans.
8. Who promises to take care of the man in question #83?
(c) Lt. Grey.
9. What does Dr. Prudhomme announce?
(a) Four more deaths.
(b) Another run-in with the Japanese doctor.
(c) Two upcoming appendectomies.
(d) Two upcoming amputations.
10. What does the doctor rule as cause of death on Gurble?
(b) Heart attack.
11. Who is Sean?
(a) The camp idiot.
(b) A cross-dresser.
(c) A young boy who serves the officers.
(d) The camp cook.
12. What is one problem that could impact humans?
(a) The fleas on rats can carry plague.
(b) The psychological problem of eating rat.
(c) Rat meat goes rancid very quickly.
13. What does Grey see the King do?
(a) Sell a watch illegally.
(b) Hand off the diamond to a Korean guard.
(c) Meet the Korean guard Turasan.
(d) Buy some smuggled goods.
14. Why does Grey feel defeated?
(a) Col. Brant won't allow him to run the comissary.
(b) Marlowe plays along with King's lie.
(c) Col. Brant has demoted him.
(d) He cannot beat the other men at cards.
15. How does the King help McCoy?
(a) Cures his ankle ulcers.
(b) Smuggles a letter out to his girlfriend.
(c) Gets him the insulin he needs.
(d) Takes him to visit a witch doctor outside the wire.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take to construct a radio?
2. What is Eve?
3. Why is Lt. Grey summoning the person?
4. How soon can a newly-born rat breed?
5. Why is Grey angry?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)