|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why have the rat breeders installed a trap door to the "kennels"?
(a) To keep the rats from digging out.
(b) They decide not to install a trap door as it would be too apparent something was going on.
(c) To keep the curious out.
(d) To trap anyone trying to steal a rat couple.
2. Why is Grey angry?
(a) That the Japanese camp commandant accuses Grey of patronizing the guards.
(b) At being assigned new duties.
(c) At the fact that the King still eludes him.
(d) At the fact that Col. Brant upbraids him in front of enlisted men.
3. For what do the Korean guards search?
(a) Illegal rations.
(b) An illegal radio.
(c) Woman brought into the camp illegally.
(d) Any contraband.
4. What does Dr. Prudhomme announce?
(a) Another run-in with the Japanese doctor.
(b) Two upcoming amputations.
(c) Two upcoming appendectomies.
(d) Four more deaths.
5. About how many litters per year can the Rattus norvegicus have per year?
(b) Anywhere from 5-40 depending upon its individual fertility.
6. What does Marlowe offer the King after eating King's eggs?
(a) A machete.
(b) Tobacco cured in the Javanese way.
(c) A free night out in town.
(d) A Cuban cigar.
7. What is Maj. Barry asking King to sell?
(a) A pair of scissors.
(b) Two packs of cigarettes.
(c) A switchblade.
(d) A Ronson cigarette lighter.
8. What are two potential problems in raising the rats?
(a) Cannibalism and fighting.
(b) Snakes and flooding of the cages.
(c) Snakes and stealing.
(d) Discovery and snakes.
9. To what does the King invite Marlowe?
(a) To go outside the wire.
(b) A rich lunch.
(c) A planning session.
(d) A rat roast.
10. Why does Marlowe get the King in trouble in the first place?
(a) To irritate Lt. Grey.
(b) To see what sort of man the King is.
(c) He does not like the man.
(d) A love of danger.
11. Of what does Steven complain?
(b) The King's priviledges.
(c) The smells in the infirmary.
(d) The way his clothes are scratching him.
12. With whom do the King and Marlowe meet in the night?
(a) A Korean guard.
(b) A Buddhist monk.
(c) Col. Brant.
(d) A man with six daughters.
13. What does Marlowe find shady?
(a) That the Americans are dealing separately with the Japanese.
(b) That Max has been outside the wire for several days now.
(c) The fact that the King leaked the secret.
(d) That the Americans are dealing separately with the Koreans.
14. Why can't Marlowe sleep the night after the King talks with him about going outside the wire?
(a) He keeps thinking about the voyage from Java.
(b) He is afraid to go outside the wire.
(c) He is planning on how to take over the King's operations.
(d) He is too hot.
15. What happens to Daven and Cox?
(a) They are executed.
(b) They are flogged.
(c) They are hung in stocks for five days.
(d) They are sent to Ultram Road Jail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does King give Marlowe?
2. Why does the King thank Sgt. Masters?
3. What does Larkin tell Grey to do?
4. What is Vexley's favorite topic in biology class?
5. About what does Grey read?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)