|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does King give Marlowe?
(a) Fried eggs.
(b) Ten dollars.
(c) A pack of cigarettes.
(d) A cigar.
2. What does Larkin tell Grey to do?
(a) There are no more slots for "two up."
(b) Forget the commendation.
(c) File all the charges he wants.
(d) Release the men to him for discipline.
3. What is Grey to check in the ditch by Hut 16?
(a) A can.
(b) A stash of hemp fibers for weaving.
(c) A stash of weed.
(d) A dead body.
4. Why does Marlowe get the King in trouble in the first place?
(a) He does not like the man.
(b) A love of danger.
(c) To irritate Lt. Grey.
(d) To see what sort of man the King is.
5. Who reprimands both Lt. Grey and the man he summons?
(a) Major Johnson.
(b) Col. Brant.
(c) Captain Quigg.
(d) Col. Bird.
6. In what language are the man and native speaking?
7. Where does Col. Kennedy go after talking with the King?
(a) To attend another death.
(b) Outside the wire.
(c) To talk with Col. Brant.
(d) To the Korean guards to ask for more quinine.
8. What do three officers share after the rain?
(a) Some illegal hooch.
(b) Information from the wireless.
(c) A rare cigar.
(d) An egg mixed in rice and a cigarette.
9. Who is Lt. Grey?
(a) The camp Provost marshal.
(b) The camp liaison.
(c) The camp quartermaster.
(d) The camp doctor.
10. What POW camp is Marlowe in before coming to Changi?
(a) Java POW camps.
(b) Changi is his first time in a POW camp.
(c) Malay POW camps.
(d) Burma POW camps.
11. For what do the Korean guards search?
(a) An illegal radio.
(b) Woman brought into the camp illegally.
(c) Illegal rations.
(d) Any contraband.
12. What surprises King about Marlowe?
(a) He is an officer.
(b) He has several books in his possession.
(c) He is timid despite his size.
(d) He can speak many languages.
13. Who is Peter Marlowe?
(a) A Marine colonel.
(b) An Air Force general.
(c) The man speaking with the native.
(d) A journalist.
14. What does the doctor rule as cause of death on Gurble?
(b) Heart attack.
15. What is Maj. Barry asking King to sell?
(a) Two packs of cigarettes.
(b) A switchblade.
(c) A Ronson cigarette lighter.
(d) A pair of scissors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grey use Marlowe for concerning the diamond?
2. What does King want Marlowe to do?
3. Who is Sean?
4. Why is Grey angry?
5. What does Dr. Prudhomme announce?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)