|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries to construct a new wireless?
(a) Lt. Grey.
(d) The King.
2. What does Lt. Grey want in Chapter 11?
(a) To go outside the wire to a geisha girl.
(b) To die.
(c) To take over Lt. Dexter's job.
(d) To be left alone.
3. Who leads a raid?
(a) Lt. Grey.
(b) Major Barry.
(c) Capt. Brough.
(d) Col. Brant.
4. How does Marlowe learn that the King has a temper?
(a) When Col. Brant asks the King for extra quinine.
(b) When the King gets angry at Max for a racist comment Max makes.
(c) When Lt. Grey comes in to try to sniff out the diamond.
(d) When Capt. Brady turns in an enlisted man for a minor infraction.
5. Where does Col. Kennedy go after talking with the King?
(a) To the Korean guards to ask for more quinine.
(b) To attend another death.
(c) To talk with Col. Brant.
(d) Outside the wire.
6. What POW camp is Marlowe in before coming to Changi?
(a) Changi is his first time in a POW camp.
(b) Java POW camps.
(c) Burma POW camps.
(d) Malay POW camps.
7. What happens to Daven and Cox?
(a) They are executed.
(b) They are hung in stocks for five days.
(c) They are sent to Ultram Road Jail.
(d) They are flogged.
8. Why is Grey angry?
(a) At being assigned new duties.
(b) That the Japanese camp commandant accuses Grey of patronizing the guards.
(c) At the fact that the King still eludes him.
(d) At the fact that Col. Brant upbraids him in front of enlisted men.
9. With whom do the King and Marlowe meet in the night?
(a) A Korean guard.
(b) Col. Brant.
(c) A man with six daughters.
(d) A Buddhist monk.
10. What does Dr. Prudhomme announce?
(a) Two upcoming appendectomies.
(b) Four more deaths.
(c) Another run-in with the Japanese doctor.
(d) Two upcoming amputations.
11. Who promises to take care of the man in question #83?
(b) Lt. Grey.
12. Who is Sean?
(a) A cross-dresser.
(b) A young boy who serves the officers.
(c) The camp cook.
(d) The camp idiot.
13. To what does the King invite Marlowe?
(a) A rich lunch.
(b) A rat roast.
(c) To go outside the wire.
(d) A planning session.
14. About how many litters per year can the Rattus norvegicus have per year?
(a) Anywhere from 5-40 depending upon its individual fertility.
15. About what is the King thinking when he spies a man talking with a native?
(a) A diamond deal.
(b) Asking Col. Brant for a transfer.
(c) Doing K.P.
(d) Selling the item for Major Barry.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is the first litter's gestation?
2. On what do the officers depend heavily for survival?
3. Why does Larkin punish Pvt. Gurble?
4. How long does it take to construct a radio?
5. Why does the King thank Sgt. Masters?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)