|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what does Grey splurge?
(a) A night sneaking out of the camp.
(b) A second cigarette for the day.
(c) A half cup of milk.
(d) A night with one of the geisha girls.
2. What does Grey tell Larkin?
(a) That Grey is putting Larkin in for a commendation.
(b) That Grey wants to join the next group of "two up."
(c) That Grey has arrested two of Larkin's men for gambling.
(d) That Grey is filing charges against Larkin.
3. Who is Lt. Grey summoning?
(a) The burser.
(b) The King.
(c) The cook.
(d) The laundress.
4. Who does the King speak to across the compound?
(a) Major Johnson.
(b) No one.
(c) Captain Quigg.
(d) Lt. Grey cannot ascertain.
5. About what is the King thinking when he spies a man talking with a native?
(a) Selling the item for Major Barry.
(b) A diamond deal.
(c) Doing K.P.
(d) Asking Col. Brant for a transfer.
6. Of what does Steven complain?
(b) The smells in the infirmary.
(c) The King's priviledges.
(d) The way his clothes are scratching him.
7. How long is the first litter's gestation?
(a) 7 days.
(b) 35 days.
(c) 22 days.
(d) 90 days.
8. Who learns to cook the weed gratis?
(a) Lt. Grey.
(d) Col. Brant.
9. What is Daven doing?
(a) Working on the radio.
(b) Working undercover for the Koreans.
(c) Working undercover for Grey.
(d) Raising rats.
10. For what do the Korean guards search?
(a) Illegal rations.
(b) Woman brought into the camp illegally.
(c) Any contraband.
(d) An illegal radio.
11. What is essential to the rat project?
(a) That it be kept a secret.
(b) The permission of the officers.
(c) To have enough space.
(d) The tacit permission of the Korean guards.
12. What are two potential problems in raising the rats?
(a) Cannibalism and fighting.
(b) Snakes and stealing.
(c) Discovery and snakes.
(d) Snakes and flooding of the cages.
13. Who is sitting by Sgt. Masters when the Sgt. dies?
(a) The King.
(b) Lt. Grey.
(c) Col. Brant.
14. Why is Lt. Grey summoning the person?
(a) For an inventory.
(b) For a tongue lashing.
(c) To ask about supplies that are to arrive.
(d) To get maps of the island.
15. What happens to Daven and Cox?
(a) They are hung in stocks for five days.
(b) They are executed.
(c) They are flogged.
(d) They are sent to Ultram Road Jail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Col. Sellars missing?
2. Who may sit on the lone throne?
3. What does King see in Marlowe's offer?
4. How long does it take to construct a radio?
5. What does King give Marlowe?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)