|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what language are the man and native speaking?
2. What happens to Daven and Cox?
(a) They are sent to Ultram Road Jail.
(b) They are executed.
(c) They are hung in stocks for five days.
(d) They are flogged.
3. What is Col. Sellars missing?
(a) A ring.
(b) A money clip.
(c) A watch.
(d) A armband.
4. Why is Lt. Grey summoning the person?
(a) For an inventory.
(b) For a tongue lashing.
(c) To get maps of the island.
(d) To ask about supplies that are to arrive.
5. Why have the rat breeders installed a trap door to the "kennels"?
(a) To trap anyone trying to steal a rat couple.
(b) To keep the curious out.
(c) They decide not to install a trap door as it would be too apparent something was going on.
(d) To keep the rats from digging out.
6. What is Daven doing?
(a) Working on the radio.
(b) Working undercover for the Koreans.
(c) Working undercover for Grey.
(d) Raising rats.
7. Who is Peter Marlowe?
(a) An Air Force general.
(b) A Marine colonel.
(c) The man speaking with the native.
(d) A journalist.
8. Why does the King thank Sgt. Masters?
(a) For the wine the Sgt. gives the King.
(b) To ask when some quinine might become available.
(c) For tipping the King off about Lt. Grey's message.
(d) For helping the King recover from a bout of Malaria.
9. What do the conspirators wonder in Hut 16?
(a) If Marlowe can fix the transponder.
(b) Who betrays them.
(c) If Col. Brant will be moved to Ultram.
(d) If the King can get another radio crystal.
10. What is Maj. Barry asking King to sell?
(a) A switchblade.
(b) A pair of scissors.
(c) Two packs of cigarettes.
(d) A Ronson cigarette lighter.
11. What fault does Col. Brant find with the King?
(a) Harrassing the laundress.
(b) Being late to formation.
(c) Flaunting his wealth.
(d) Wearing a dirty uniform.
12. About how many litters per year can the Rattus norvegicus have per year?
(c) Anywhere from 5-40 depending upon its individual fertility.
13. Who tries to construct a new wireless?
(c) Lt. Grey.
(d) The King.
14. Who is sitting by Sgt. Masters when the Sgt. dies?
(a) Col. Brant.
(b) Lt. Grey.
(c) The King.
15. How long does it take to construct a radio?
(a) A few days.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Five months.
(d) They don't have the parts to construct a radio.
Short Answer Questions
1. How soon can a newly-born rat breed?
2. What is essential to the rat project?
3. What are Max, Tex and Marlowe doing at the opening of Chapter 9?
4. Why does Larkin punish Pvt. Gurble?
5. What does Marlowe find shady?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)