|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the doctor rule as cause of death on Gurble?
(c) Heart attack.
2. How does Marlowe learn that the King has a temper?
(a) When Lt. Grey comes in to try to sniff out the diamond.
(b) When the King gets angry at Max for a racist comment Max makes.
(c) When Capt. Brady turns in an enlisted man for a minor infraction.
(d) When Col. Brant asks the King for extra quinine.
3. What does Lt. Grey want in Chapter 11?
(a) To go outside the wire to a geisha girl.
(b) To be left alone.
(c) To take over Lt. Dexter's job.
(d) To die.
4. What is a worse place than the Changi camp?
(a) No place.
(b) The Ginseng dungeons.
(c) The Utram Road jail.
(d) The Ultra fortress.
5. What does King offer Marlowe to join his payroll?
(a) $20 a week.
(b) One good meal a day.
(c) $50 a week.
(d) A geisha at his beck and call.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what language are the man and native speaking?
2. How does Lt. Grey think of his wife?
3. What does Kurt bring in at the end of Chapter 10?
4. Of what does Steven complain?
5. What secret does the King leak to the Australians?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)