|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grey use Marlowe for concerning the diamond?
(a) As an investigator.
(b) As a prosecutor.
(c) As a middle man.
(d) As an assessor.
2. What is Maj. Barry asking King to sell?
(a) A Ronson cigarette lighter.
(b) Two packs of cigarettes.
(c) A pair of scissors.
(d) A switchblade.
3. Who does the King speak to across the compound?
(a) Major Johnson.
(b) Captain Quigg.
(c) Lt. Grey cannot ascertain.
(d) No one.
4. What does Col. Smedly-Taylor ask Yoshima?
(a) About why the Americans are receiving a greater share of the portions.
(b) About what happened to Sgt. Masters.
(c) About better food and medicine.
(d) About how the war is going.
5. What does Marlowe offer the King after eating King's eggs?
(a) A Cuban cigar.
(b) A free night out in town.
(c) Tobacco cured in the Javanese way.
(d) A machete.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Larkin punish Pvt. Gurble?
2. What does King give Marlowe?
3. Why is Lt. Grey summoning the person?
4. Who reprimands both Lt. Grey and the man he summons?
5. How does the King help McCoy?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)