|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapters 19-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Marlowe sleep the night after the King talks with him about going outside the wire?
(a) He keeps thinking about the voyage from Java.
(b) He is afraid to go outside the wire.
(c) He is too hot.
(d) He is planning on how to take over the King's operations.
2. About what is Ewart furious?
(a) Not knowing his family's fate.
(b) That Marlowe pretends he doesn't know Ewart.
(c) That Lt. Grey spills Ewart's rations.
(d) That McCoy tells a secret Ewart trusted him with.
3. What does Marlowe do in the jungle before his capture?
(a) Assimilates Javanese culture.
(b) Builds a good shelter.
(c) Lies down and has delusions because of malaria.
(d) Lives off the land.
4. What does the King do with the ring?
(a) Hands it over to the Korean guards.
(b) Throws it as far as possible into the jungle.
(c) Gives it to Lt. Grey as a bribe.
(d) Swallows it.
5. What does Timsen not guarantee?
(a) If the treatment will be effective.
(b) If the doctor will agree.
(c) If he can find the ring.
(d) If he can find some quinine.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the King say he will pay Timsen?
2. On what does Grey splurge?
3. What false information does the King relay?
4. What does Dr. Prudhomme announce?
5. What does Grey see the King do?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)