|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 22, who does the Earl want to have run in the race?
2. What does "Godolphin" mean?
3. After Agba leaves the cook, who hires him?
4. What animal also lives in Sham's shed in Chapter 12?
5. What does Mr. Biggle want Mr. Coke to buy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the carter treat Sham?
2. What special treatment does Hobgoblin receive at the Gog Magog stables?
3. Describe the Earl of Godolphin's stables.
4. How does the Earl of Godolphin punish Agba?
5. How does Agba anger the Earl of Godolphin?
6. How does Sham prove his pedigree?
7. Why is Agba arrested?
8. How do Sham and Agba escape from the carter?
9. How does Agba find Sham in Paris?
10. Why do Sham and Agba leave Mr. Coke's stables?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Sham prove himself to be the "King of the Wind"? What type of title is this and how does he earn it? Which character or characters feel this title is important, and why?
Essay Topic 2
What role does politics play in Sham's survival? Describe how Sham's life is affected by Moroccan, French, and English politics. Which elements of each political system benefit Sham's character? Which elements of each political system harm Sham's character?
Essay Topic 3
What role does religious tradition and Eastern culture play in the novel? How do religious traditions affect the characters in the novel? How does Sham's separation from Eastern culture affect his character? How does the same separation affect Agba's character?
This section contains 1,037 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)