|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 19, who receives gifts from the Duchess?
2. Why is the Earl of Godolphin considering selling his stables?
3. Who rescues Sham from the carter?
4. Where is Sham stabled in Chapter 21?
5. Who refuses to let Agba stay with Sham in Chapter 15?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the relationship Agba has with animals in the novel. How do his relationships with the animals in the novel affect his character? Why are these relationships important to Agba and how do they provide fulfillment for his character?
Essay Topic 2
How does ownership affect Man 'o War's (Big Red) and Sham's characters? Discuss how the treatment of each of these horse's owners affects the horses' health, spirit, and success. Could Agba ever be considered an "owner"? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the successes of Man 'o War (Big Red) and Sham. How do these horses prove themselves? What challenges must they overcome in order to succeed? How do their trainers influence their successes?
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)