|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who rides into town with the Dowager Duchess of Marlborough and the Earl of Godolphin?
2. How long is Agba in jail?
3. Who is Roxana?
4. Who keeps Agba company while he is in prison?
5. How does Agba find Sham in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Agba find Sham in Paris?
2. What happens when Mrs. Williams separates Agba and Sham?
3. How does the Earl of Godolphin plan to save his stables from financial ruin?
4. What happens to Sham's pedigree while Agba is in prison?
5. Why does the Earl of Godolphin invite Agba back to Gog Magog?
6. Why doesn't Benjamin Biggle want to ride Sham?
7. How does Sham prove his pedigree?
8. What special treatment does Hobgoblin receive at the Gog Magog stables?
9. How does Mrs. Cockburn help Agba in prison?
10. What special treatment does Sham receive when he returns from Wicken Fen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Sham and Hobgoblin's rivalry affect the development of the story? What factors or characters have influenced their rivalry, and why? What other rivalries are evident in the novel and how do they relate to the rivalry between the two stallions?
Essay Topic 2
How does deception affect the characters in the novel? Which characters are deceptive and how do their actions affect Agba and Sham? Why do these characters choose to be deceptive and how do Agba and Sham rise above the circumstances that result from deception?
Essay Topic 3
How does Sham prove himself to be the "King of the Wind"? What type of title is this and how does he earn it? Which character or characters feel this title is important, and why?
This section contains 1,115 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)