|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leaves with Agba in Chapter 20?
2. What does Agba do to earn money in Chapter 13?
3. How does the carter punish Sham?
4. What overloads the carter's cart?
5. Who are Cade and Regulus?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Agba treated while in prison?
2. Describe the Earl of Godolphin's stables.
3. What special treatment does Sham receive when he returns from Wicken Fen?
4. How does Mrs. Cockburn help Agba in prison?
5. What happens to Sham's pedigree while Agba is in prison?
6. Why is Agba arrested?
7. Why do Sham and Agba leave Mr. Coke's stables?
8. How does the Earl of Godolphin plan to save his stables from financial ruin?
9. How does Sham prove his pedigree?
10. How does Agba survive alone on the streets of Paris?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does rejection affect Sham and Agba's characters? What types of rejection does each character experience and how does each character react to rejection? How do these two characters use rejection to create acceptance and success?
Essay Topic 2
What role do signs and superstitions play in the novel? How do signs and superstitions affect Sham's character? How do signs and superstitions influence the actions of other characters? If this one element of the book had been omitted, how might Sham's life have been different?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the Sultan and the Earl of Godolphin. What motivates each character? Describe how their similarities and differences affect the characters they rule. How do these two characters affect Sham's life?
This section contains 1,114 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)