|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Agba worried about the mare he tends?
2. What is the meaning of the Arabic name Sham?
3. Who supposedly makes the wind transform into the mare?
4. Why does Agba worry about Sham in Chapter 6?
5. What does Agba feed the foal in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Earl of Godolphin invite Agba back to Gog Magog?
2. Describe the gifts the Sultan gives the horses before they leave for France.
3. How does Agba help the mare prepare for delivery?
4. How does the Earl of Godolphin punish Agba?
5. How does Agba's disability save his life?
6. How does the captain of the ship deceive the Sultan?
7. Why is Agba summoned to see the Sultan?
8. What happens when Mrs. Williams separates Agba and Sham?
9. How do Agba and Sham prepare for the journey to France?
10. What special treatment does Hobgoblin receive at the Gog Magog stables?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the successes of Man 'o War (Big Red) and Sham. How do these horses prove themselves? What challenges must they overcome in order to succeed? How do their trainers influence their successes?
Essay Topic 2
What role does language play in Agba's life? What advantages and disadvantages does Agba experience due to his inability to speak? How does the change in language that Agba experiences as he travels from country to country affect his character as well as Sham's character?
Essay Topic 3
Describe how Signor Achmet's character changes from Morocco to France. What roles does he hold in each country and how does his station in life change between the two? What factors cause such a drastic change in his character? How does Agba's perception of Signor Achmet change as they travel from Morocco to France?
This section contains 1,779 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)