Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sham fitted for in Chapter 8?
2. What animal does the mare once outrun?
3. In Chapter 4, what does Agba look for outside the palace walls?
4. Why does the cook sell Sham?
5. What command does Signor Achmet give Agba in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the gifts the Sultan gives the horses before they leave for France.
2. How does the Sultan anger Agba in Chapter 1?
3. What special treatment does Agba give the pregnant mare?
4. How does Agba find nourishment for the orphaned foal?
5. Describe the foal born in Chapter 3.
6. How does the Chief Cook rid himself of Sham?
7. How does Agba anger the Earl of Godolphin?
8. Why doesn't the mare eat her corn?
9. What does Sham do when the Chief Cook takes him to the market?
10. Describe the omen Signor Achmet discovers on the foal.
Essay Topic 1
How is the concept of justice expressed in the novel? Which characters seek justice, and how? Which characters oppose justice, and how? Is justice served in the end? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Does Sham prove himself to be the "King of the Wind"? If so, how? If not, why? Which factors or characters influence his ability to gain that title? How does Sham's attempt to become the "King of the Wind" influence other horses as well as the human characters in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
What role does politics play in Sham's survival? Describe how Sham's life is affected by Moroccan, French, and English politics. Which elements of each political system benefit Sham's character? Which elements of each political system harm Sham's character?
This section contains 1,630 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)