|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Queen's plate?
(a) A valuable prize for winning a horse race.
(b) A famous racetrack.
(c) An antique plate given to the Earl's grandfather.
(d) A tract of royal land.
2. Which famous people attend the great race in Chapter 23?
(a) The President of the United States and the First Lady.
(b) The King and Queen of England.
(c) The Sultan of Morocco and his three favorite wives.
(d) The King and Queen of France.
3. Who wants to take Agba's cat away?
(a) Mrs. Williams.
(b) The constable.
(c) Mr. Williams.
(d) The warden.
4. Who is Titus Twickerham?
(a) Signor Achmet's head groom.
(b) The Sultan's new chief of horses.
(c) The Earl's head groom.
(d) Sham's jockey.
5. Who are Cade and Regulus?
(b) Guard dogs.
(c) Stable boys.
(d) Sham's sons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who promises to try and get Agba out of jail?
2. Where is Agba sent in Chapter 20?
3. What crime is Agba accused of?
4. Who is Lath?
5. What is the value of the Queen's plate?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Earl of Godolphin plan to save his stables from financial ruin?
2. What special treatment does Hobgoblin receive at the Gog Magog stables?
3. How does the Earl of Godolphin punish Agba?
4. Why does the Earl of Godolphin invite Agba back to Gog Magog?
5. What happens to Sham's pedigree while Agba is in prison?
6. How does Agba survive alone on the streets of Paris?
7. How is Agba treated while in prison?
8. Why is Agba afraid to be alone in prison?
9. What special treatment does Sham receive when he returns from Wicken Fen?
10. How does Agba feel about Sham not being allowed to race at Newmarket?
This section contains 1,060 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)