|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Agba invited inside the Earl's home in Chapter 22?
(a) The Earl has decided to adopt Agba.
(b) The Earl wants to make Agba a jockey.
(c) The Earl wants to express his concerns about the stables.
(d) The Earl wants to reward Agba for his faithfulness.
2. What crime is Agba accused of?
(b) Stealing food.
(d) Being a horse thief.
3. What does Agba do to earn money in Chapter 13?
(a) Sells tack from a shop.
(b) Helps the fishmongers and farmers in the market place.
(c) Sells chocolates on street corners.
(d) Cleans stables.
4. How does Agba find Sham in Chapter 12?
(a) He watches the horse sales.
(b) He follows a carter.
(c) He asks store owners and horse trainers.
(d) He posts ads.
5. How does the carter punish Sham?
(a) He sells him at the Thieves' Kitchen.
(b) By leaving his harness on 24 hours a day.
(c) He does not feed Sham for three days.
(d) He chains Sham to the stable wall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls on the police to arrest Sham?
2. What is the Queen's plate?
3. What is Gog Magog?
4. Who buys Sham in Chapter 18?
5. Where is the great race held in Chapter 23?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Sham and Agba escape from the carter?
2. How does the Earl of Godolphin plan to save his stables from financial ruin?
3. What happens when Mrs. Williams separates Agba and Sham?
4. How is Agba treated while in prison?
5. How does Agba survive alone on the streets of Paris?
6. What special treatment does Hobgoblin receive at the Gog Magog stables?
7. How does Agba feel about Sham not being allowed to race at Newmarket?
8. How does Agba anger the Earl of Godolphin?
9. Why doesn't Benjamin Biggle want to ride Sham?
10. How does Sham prove his pedigree?
This section contains 1,179 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)