|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who fathers the colt that outruns all of the Earl of Godophin's other colts?
(b) Big Red.
2. What is Gog Magog?
(a) The name of Signor Achmet's estate.
(b) A small town in France.
(c) The name of the Earl's estate.
(d) The name of Sultan's palace.
3. Who is kind enough to provide Sham with barley and oats in Chapter 20?
(a) The Earl of Godolphin.
(b) Mr. Williams.
(c) Signor Achmet.
(d) Mistress Cockburn.
4. Why is Benjamin afraid to ride Sham?
(a) Sham appears to be too wild to ride.
(b) Sham bit him.
(c) He has never ridden a horse before.
(d) He saw Sham kick the carter.
5. How does Agba recognize Sham?
(a) By the curve of Sham's neck.
(b) Sham rubs his head against Agba's shoulder.
(c) By Sham's whinny.
(d) By his markings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Grimalkin?
2. Who refuses to let Agba stay with Sham in Chapter 15?
3. Who once reads a story set in Morocco?
4. Why is Agba invited inside the Earl's home in Chapter 22?
5. Who appeals to the warden on Agba's behalf in Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the carter treat Sham?
2. How is Agba treated while in prison?
3. Why is Agba arrested?
4. How does Agba survive alone on the streets of Paris?
5. What happens when Mrs. Williams separates Agba and Sham?
6. How does the Earl of Godolphin plan to save his stables from financial ruin?
7. How does Mrs. Cockburn help Agba in prison?
8. How do Agba and Mr. Twickerham's opinions of Sham differ?
9. What happens to Sham's pedigree while Agba is in prison?
10. Why do Sham and Agba leave Mr. Coke's stables?
This section contains 1,135 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)