|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who rides into town with the Dowager Duchess of Marlborough and the Earl of Godolphin?
(a) Signor Achmet.
(b) Mr. Williams.
(c) Mr. Biggle.
(d) Mistress Cockburn.
2. What is the Queen's plate?
(a) A famous racetrack.
(b) A valuable prize for winning a horse race.
(c) An antique plate given to the Earl's grandfather.
(d) A tract of royal land.
3. Who are Cade and Regulus?
(a) Guard dogs.
(b) Stable boys.
(d) Sham's sons.
4. Which famous people attend the great race in Chapter 23?
(a) The King and Queen of England.
(b) The Sultan of Morocco and his three favorite wives.
(c) The King and Queen of France.
(d) The President of the United States and the First Lady.
5. Why is Benjamin afraid to ride Sham?
(a) He has never ridden a horse before.
(b) He saw Sham kick the carter.
(c) Sham bit him.
(d) Sham appears to be too wild to ride.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who buys Sham in Chapter 18?
2. What is emblazoned on Hobgoblin's sheets?
3. Who calls on the police to arrest Sham?
4. Where is Sham stabled in Chapter 21?
5. In Chapter 17, who is looking for Agba at the Red Lion Inn?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Agba find Sham in Paris?
2. Why is Agba afraid to be alone in prison?
3. Describe the family Sham sires with Roxana.
4. How does Mrs. Cockburn help Agba in prison?
5. How do Sham and Agba escape from the carter?
6. Why is Agba arrested?
7. Why does the Earl of Godolphin invite Agba into his home in Chapter 22?
8. How does Agba survive alone on the streets of Paris?
9. How does Sham prove his pedigree?
10. What special treatment does Sham receive when he returns from Wicken Fen?
This section contains 1,059 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)