|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which chore does Agba despise in Chapter 19?
(a) Cleaning the jockeys' silks.
(b) Beating the horse blankets.
(c) Cleaning Hobgoblin's stall.
(d) Drawing and carrying water for the duchess.
2. What does the horse-breaker recommend be done with Sham?
(a) That he be tied up and not fed.
(b) That he be sent back to Morocco.
(c) That he be sold for meat.
(d) That he be released into the wild.
3. What does Mr. Biggle want Mr. Coke to buy?
(a) A new hat.
(b) A carriage.
(c) His store.
4. What does Titus Twickerham think Sham would do best?
(a) Be a work horse.
5. Who is waiting for Sham and Agba in Chapter 21?
(a) Mr. Twickerham.
(b) The Earl of Godolphin.
(c) Mistress Cockburn.
(d) Mr. Williams.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which famous people attend the great race in Chapter 23?
2. In Chapter 22, who does the Earl want to have watch the race?
3. What new name is Sham given in Chapter 18?
4. Why is the Earl of Godolphin considering selling his stables?
5. How does Agba find Sham in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. What special treatment does Sham receive when he returns from Wicken Fen?
2. Why does the Earl of Godolphin invite Agba into his home in Chapter 22?
3. What happens to Sham's pedigree while Agba is in prison?
4. What special treatment does Hobgoblin receive at the Gog Magog stables?
5. Why do Sham and Agba leave Mr. Coke's stables?
6. How does Agba feel about Sham not being allowed to race at Newmarket?
7. How does Sham prove his pedigree?
8. How does Mrs. Cockburn help Agba in prison?
9. Why does the Earl of Godolphin invite Agba back to Gog Magog?
10. How does the Earl of Godolphin punish Agba?
This section contains 1,169 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)