|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Agba leaves the cook, who hires him?
(a) The owner of a chocolate shop.
(b) A carter.
(c) An Englishman.
(d) The owner of a tack shop.
2. What new name is Sham given in Chapter 18?
(b) Gog Magog.
3. What does Sham do to the English horse-breaker hired to tame him?
(a) Knocks his hat off.
(b) Kicks him.
(c) Bites him.
(d) Throws him to the ground.
4. Who is King of the Wind?
5. How does Sham escape his stall?
(a) He jumps over the side wall.
(b) He kicks down the door.
(c) The groom forgot to latch the door.
(d) Agba lets him out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal also lives in Sham's shed in Chapter 12?
2. Why is Benjamin afraid to ride Sham?
3. In Chapter 19, who receives gifts from the Duchess?
4. Who rides into town with the Dowager Duchess of Marlborough and the Earl of Godolphin?
5. Who reduces Agba's bread ration?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Cockburn help Agba in prison?
2. How does the Earl of Godolphin punish Agba?
3. How does Agba feel about Sham not being allowed to race at Newmarket?
4. How does Agba survive alone on the streets of Paris?
5. How does Agba anger the Earl of Godolphin?
6. Why does the Earl of Godolphin invite Agba into his home in Chapter 22?
7. How do Agba and Mr. Twickerham's opinions of Sham differ?
8. Why does the Earl of Godolphin invite Agba back to Gog Magog?
9. What special treatment does Sham receive when he returns from Wicken Fen?
10. Why do Sham and Agba leave Mr. Coke's stables?
This section contains 1,150 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)