|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Queen's plate?
(a) A tract of royal land.
(b) A famous racetrack.
(c) An antique plate given to the Earl's grandfather.
(d) A valuable prize for winning a horse race.
2. What is written above Sham's stall in Chapter 21?
(a) The Pride of Magog.
(c) The Godolphin Arabian.
(d) The Godolphin Champion.
3. Who explains that Sham's pedigree is written in his sons?
(a) The Sultan.
(b) The Earl of Godolphin.
(d) The President of the United States.
4. How long is Agba in jail?
(a) Three days.
(b) Almost a year.
(c) Six months.
(d) Several weeks.
5. In Chapter 20, who comes to visit Agba in his hovel?
(a) Mr. Twickerham.
(b) Mr. Williams.
(c) Mistress Cockburn.
(d) The Earl of Godolphin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Agba find Sham in Chapter 12?
2. Who leaves with Agba in Chapter 20?
3. Who calls on the police to arrest Sham?
4. Who promises to try and get Agba out of jail?
5. Who is kind enough to provide Sham with barley and oats in Chapter 20?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Agba arrested?
2. How does Agba survive alone on the streets of Paris?
3. How does Agba find Sham in Paris?
4. How does Mrs. Cockburn help Agba in prison?
5. Why does the Earl of Godolphin invite Agba into his home in Chapter 22?
6. Describe the Earl of Godolphin's stables.
7. Why does the Earl of Godolphin invite Agba back to Gog Magog?
8. Why doesn't Benjamin Biggle want to ride Sham?
9. How does Agba anger the Earl of Godolphin?
10. Why do Sham and Agba leave Mr. Coke's stables?
This section contains 1,119 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)