|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is Agba in jail?
(a) Almost a year.
(b) Three days.
(c) Six months.
(d) Several weeks.
2. Who are Cade and Regulus?
(a) Guard dogs.
(b) Stable boys.
(c) Sham's sons.
3. What does Sham do to the English horse-breaker hired to tame him?
(a) Bites him.
(b) Knocks his hat off.
(c) Throws him to the ground.
(d) Kicks him.
4. What does the horse-breaker recommend be done with Sham?
(a) That he be sent back to Morocco.
(b) That he be tied up and not fed.
(c) That he be released into the wild.
(d) That he be sold for meat.
5. Where is Sham stabled in Chapter 21?
(a) In an outside corral.
(b) In Hobgoblin's old stall.
(c) In his old stall.
(d) In the garden behind the main house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Agba sent away in Chapter 20?
2. What animal also lives in Sham's shed in Chapter 12?
3. Who is Titus Twickerham?
4. Who rides into town with the Dowager Duchess of Marlborough and the Earl of Godolphin?
5. What does the carter threaten to do to Sham when the horse falls?
Short Essay Questions
1. What special treatment does Hobgoblin receive at the Gog Magog stables?
2. Why does the Earl of Godolphin invite Agba into his home in Chapter 22?
3. How do Agba and Mr. Twickerham's opinions of Sham differ?
4. Why is Agba afraid to be alone in prison?
5. How do Sham and Agba escape from the carter?
6. Why doesn't Benjamin Biggle want to ride Sham?
7. How is Agba treated while in prison?
8. How does Agba find Sham in Paris?
9. How does the carter treat Sham?
10. How does the Earl of Godolphin plan to save his stables from financial ruin?
This section contains 1,057 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)