|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who appeals to the warden on Agba's behalf in Chapter 16?
(a) Mr. Williams.
(b) Mr. Biggle.
(c) Mr. Coke.
(d) Mrs. Williams.
2. Who reduces Agba's bread ration?
(a) The warden.
(b) The constable.
(c) The judge.
(d) Other prisoners.
3. What does the horse-breaker recommend be done with Sham?
(a) That he be tied up and not fed.
(b) That he be sent back to Morocco.
(c) That he be sold for meat.
(d) That he be released into the wild.
4. In Chapter 16, why doesn't Agba defend himself against his accusers?
(a) He knows he is guilty.
(b) He can't speak.
(c) He is paralyzed with fear.
(d) He doesn't understand English.
5. Who is Benjamin Biggle?
(a) Mr. Coke's head groom.
(b) Mr. Coke's son-in-law.
(c) A retired English merchant.
(d) A cook for the English Army.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who buys Sham from Mr. Coke?
2. Why is Agba sent away in Chapter 20?
3. Why is Benjamin afraid to ride Sham?
4. What does Agba do to earn money in Chapter 13?
5. Who smells of lavender and cakes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What special treatment does Hobgoblin receive at the Gog Magog stables?
2. How does Agba anger the Earl of Godolphin?
3. How is Agba treated while in prison?
4. What happens when Mrs. Williams separates Agba and Sham?
5. Why does the Earl of Godolphin invite Agba into his home in Chapter 22?
6. How does the carter treat Sham?
7. Why doesn't Benjamin Biggle want to ride Sham?
8. How does Agba find Sham in Paris?
9. How does the Earl of Godolphin punish Agba?
10. Why do Sham and Agba leave Mr. Coke's stables?
This section contains 1,117 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)