|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "Godolphin" mean?
(a) God's downs.
(c) Swift dolphin.
2. Who leaves with Agba in Chapter 20?
(a) Mr. Twickerham.
(d) Sham and Grimalkin.
3. What does the carter threaten to do to Sham when the horse falls?
(a) Hang him.
(b) Shoot him.
(c) Burn him.
(d) Sell him.
4. Where is the great race held in Chapter 23?
(b) Kenilworth Park.
(c) Gog Magog.
5. Who refuses to let Agba stay with Sham in Chapter 15?
(a) Mistress Cockburn.
(b) Mrs. Williams.
(c) Mr. Biggle.
(d) Mr. Williams.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Benjamin afraid to ride Sham?
2. What crime is Agba accused of?
3. Who fathers the colt that outruns all of the Earl of Godophin's other colts?
4. How does Agba recognize Sham?
5. Who is King of the Wind?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Benjamin Biggle want to ride Sham?
2. What special treatment does Sham receive when he returns from Wicken Fen?
3. How does Agba find Sham in Paris?
4. How does Agba feel about Sham not being allowed to race at Newmarket?
5. Why is Agba afraid to be alone in prison?
6. How do Sham and Agba escape from the carter?
7. How is Agba treated while in prison?
8. How does the carter treat Sham?
9. Why do Sham and Agba leave Mr. Coke's stables?
10. How does the Earl of Godolphin punish Agba?
This section contains 1,055 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)