|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who reduces Agba's bread ration?
(a) Other prisoners.
(b) The warden.
(c) The constable.
(d) The judge.
2. What animal also lives in Sham's shed in Chapter 12?
(a) A wild boar.
(b) An owl.
(c) A donkey.
(d) A cat.
3. Who buys Sham in Chapter 18?
(a) Mistress Cockburn.
(b) The Earl of Godolphin.
(c) Signor Achmet.
(d) Mr. Biggle.
4. Who owns Sham in Chapter 12?
(a) The carter.
(b) The tailor.
(c) The baker.
(d) The Englishman.
5. Who is waiting for Sham and Agba in Chapter 21?
(a) Mr. Twickerham.
(b) Mr. Williams.
(c) The Earl of Godolphin.
(d) Mistress Cockburn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jethro Coke?
2. How does Agba recognize Sham?
3. What crime is Agba accused of?
4. Why is Agba invited inside the Earl's home in Chapter 22?
5. How does Sham escape his stall?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Agba treated while in prison?
2. How does Mrs. Cockburn help Agba in prison?
3. How does Agba feel about Sham not being allowed to race at Newmarket?
4. Describe the family Sham sires with Roxana.
5. What special treatment does Sham receive when he returns from Wicken Fen?
6. How does the carter treat Sham?
7. Describe the Earl of Godolphin's stables.
8. How does the Earl of Godolphin plan to save his stables from financial ruin?
9. Why does the Earl of Godolphin invite Agba back to Gog Magog?
10. Why does the Earl of Godolphin invite Agba into his home in Chapter 22?
This section contains 1,084 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)