|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which famous people attend the great race in Chapter 23?
(a) The King and Queen of France.
(b) The King and Queen of England.
(c) The Sultan of Morocco and his three favorite wives.
(d) The President of the United States and the First Lady.
2. What is written above Sham's stall in Chapter 21?
(a) The Godolphin Arabian.
(b) The Pride of Magog.
(c) The Godolphin Champion.
3. Who rescues Sham from the carter?
(a) The owner of the tack shop.
(b) The cook.
(c) An Englishman.
(d) Signor Achmet.
4. Who is kind enough to provide Sham with barley and oats in Chapter 20?
(a) Signor Achmet.
(b) Mr. Williams.
(c) The Earl of Godolphin.
(d) Mistress Cockburn.
5. How long is Agba in jail?
(a) Almost a year.
(b) Three days.
(c) Six months.
(d) Several weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who rides into town with the Dowager Duchess of Marlborough and the Earl of Godolphin?
2. What is the Queen's plate?
3. Who promises to try and get Agba out of jail?
4. Who are Cade and Regulus?
5. What is the value of the Queen's plate?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Agba treated while in prison?
2. How does Mrs. Cockburn help Agba in prison?
3. What happens when Mrs. Williams separates Agba and Sham?
4. How does Agba find Sham in Paris?
5. How does Agba feel about Sham not being allowed to race at Newmarket?
6. Describe the Earl of Godolphin's stables.
7. Why is Agba arrested?
8. Why does the Earl of Godolphin invite Agba back to Gog Magog?
9. Why does the Earl of Godolphin invite Agba into his home in Chapter 22?
10. How does the Earl of Godolphin plan to save his stables from financial ruin?
This section contains 1,105 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)