|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sham anger the carter?
(a) Sham runs away.
(b) Sham bites him.
(c) Sham throws him.
(d) Sham kicks him.
2. What does "Godolphin" mean?
(a) Swift dolphin.
(b) God's downs.
3. Why is the Earl of Godolphin considering selling his stables?
(a) He is in great debt.
(b) He is planning to move to Spain.
(c) He is tired of racing.
(d) He is getting too old to manage the stables.
4. Who leaves with Agba in Chapter 20?
(b) Sham and Grimalkin.
(c) Mr. Twickerham.
5. Who is Benjamin Biggle?
(a) Mr. Coke's son-in-law.
(b) A retired English merchant.
(c) Mr. Coke's head groom.
(d) A cook for the English Army.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reduces Agba's bread ration?
2. Who fathers the colt that outruns all of the Earl of Godophin's other colts?
3. How does Agba recognize Sham?
4. Who explains that Sham's pedigree is written in his sons?
5. Which famous people attend the great race in Chapter 23?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Earl of Godolphin plan to save his stables from financial ruin?
2. Why does the Earl of Godolphin invite Agba into his home in Chapter 22?
3. Why is Agba arrested?
4. What special treatment does Hobgoblin receive at the Gog Magog stables?
5. What happens when Mrs. Williams separates Agba and Sham?
6. How does Agba anger the Earl of Godolphin?
7. How does the carter treat Sham?
8. Describe the family Sham sires with Roxana.
9. Why doesn't Benjamin Biggle want to ride Sham?
10. How is Agba treated while in prison?
This section contains 1,071 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)