|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who destroys Sham's pedigree?
(a) Mrs. Williams.
(b) Mr. Biggle.
(c) Signor Achmet.
(d) The constable.
2. Which famous people attend the great race in Chapter 23?
(a) The Sultan of Morocco and his three favorite wives.
(b) The King and Queen of England.
(c) The King and Queen of France.
(d) The President of the United States and the First Lady.
3. Who is kind enough to provide Sham with barley and oats in Chapter 20?
(a) Mistress Cockburn.
(b) The Earl of Godolphin.
(c) Mr. Williams.
(d) Signor Achmet.
4. What is the value of the Queen's plate?
(a) One million guineas.
(b) One thousand guineas.
(c) One thousand pounds.
(d) One hundred thousand pounds.
5. Who is King of the Wind?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who appeals to the warden on Agba's behalf in Chapter 16?
2. Who fathers the colt that outruns all of the Earl of Godophin's other colts?
3. Where is Sham stabled in Chapter 21?
4. Who is Benjamin Biggle?
5. Who promises to try and get Agba out of jail?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Earl of Godolphin plan to save his stables from financial ruin?
2. How does Agba find Sham in Paris?
3. How does Mrs. Cockburn help Agba in prison?
4. How does the Earl of Godolphin punish Agba?
5. Why is Agba afraid to be alone in prison?
6. How does the carter treat Sham?
7. Describe the Earl of Godolphin's stables.
8. Describe the family Sham sires with Roxana.
9. Why doesn't Benjamin Biggle want to ride Sham?
10. What happens when Mrs. Williams separates Agba and Sham?
This section contains 1,021 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)