|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mistress Cockburn?
(a) Mr. Coke's wife.
(b) A shopkeeper.
(c) Mr. Coke's housekeeper.
(d) Mr. Biggle's wife.
2. Who appeals to the warden on Agba's behalf in Chapter 16?
(a) Mr. Biggle.
(b) Mr. Coke.
(c) Mr. Williams.
(d) Mrs. Williams.
3. Who does Sham knock down on the stable floor in Chapter 19?
(a) The Earl of Godolphin.
(b) Titus Twickerham.
4. What is the value of the Queen's plate?
(a) One thousand pounds.
(b) One hundred thousand pounds.
(c) One thousand guineas.
(d) One million guineas.
5. What does Titus Twickerham think Sham would do best?
(a) Be a work horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wants to take Agba's cat away?
2. What overloads the carter's cart?
3. Who rescues Sham from the carter?
4. In Chapter 22, who does the Earl want to have watch the race?
5. What is written above Sham's stall in Chapter 21?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the family Sham sires with Roxana.
2. How does Agba feel about Sham not being allowed to race at Newmarket?
3. How does Sham prove his pedigree?
4. Why do Sham and Agba leave Mr. Coke's stables?
5. Why is Agba arrested?
6. How does the Earl of Godolphin plan to save his stables from financial ruin?
7. How is Agba treated while in prison?
8. Why does the Earl of Godolphin invite Agba back to Gog Magog?
9. Why is Agba afraid to be alone in prison?
10. How does Agba find Sham in Paris?
This section contains 1,022 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)