|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who appeals to the warden on Agba's behalf in Chapter 16?
(a) Mr. Biggle.
(b) Mr. Williams.
(c) Mr. Coke.
(d) Mrs. Williams.
2. Where is Agba sent in Chapter 20?
(c) Wicken Fen.
(d) Gog Magog.
3. Why is Agba sent away in Chapter 20?
(a) Because he allowed Sham to escape.
(b) Because he allowed Hobgoblin to escape.
(c) Because Roxana did not like him.
(d) Because Mr. Twickerham wanted a new jockey.
4. Why is Benjamin afraid to ride Sham?
(a) Sham bit him.
(b) Sham appears to be too wild to ride.
(c) He has never ridden a horse before.
(d) He saw Sham kick the carter.
5. Which famous people attend the great race in Chapter 23?
(a) The King and Queen of England.
(b) The Sultan of Morocco and his three favorite wives.
(c) The President of the United States and the First Lady.
(d) The King and Queen of France.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who buys Sham from Mr. Coke?
2. What new name is Sham given in Chapter 18?
3. What is emblazoned on Hobgoblin's sheets?
4. Who is Lath?
5. In Chapter 12, where does Agba look for Sham?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Agba treated while in prison?
2. Why doesn't Benjamin Biggle want to ride Sham?
3. How does Agba find Sham in Paris?
4. How does Agba survive alone on the streets of Paris?
5. Why is Agba arrested?
6. Why do Sham and Agba leave Mr. Coke's stables?
7. How does Mrs. Cockburn help Agba in prison?
8. How does the Earl of Godolphin plan to save his stables from financial ruin?
9. What happens when Mrs. Williams separates Agba and Sham?
10. How does Agba anger the Earl of Godolphin?
This section contains 1,159 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)