|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Agba speak to the Sultan?
(a) He is crying too hard to speak.
(b) He is mute.
(c) He was told to remain silent.
(d) He is petrified with fear.
2. In Chapter 2, how does Agba prepare a bed for the mare?
(a) He sweeps the floor clean and lays down a fresh blanket.
(b) He piles straw and leaves on the floor of the stable.
(c) He pours buckets of sand on the floor and covers the sand with hay.
(d) He places an old blanket over a generous pile of hay.
3. Where is the mark that Agba discovers located on the new foal?
(a) On the foal's forehead.
(b) On the foal's neck.
(c) On the foal's flank.
(d) On the foal's heel.
4. Who is Agba supposed to alert about the foal's birth?
(a) The Sultan.
(b) The stable boys.
(d) Signor Achmet.
5. What does the Sultan give each horse?
(a) A kiss.
(b) A new blanket emblazoned with the royal crest.
(c) A bag.
(d) A new saddle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the cook sell Sham?
2. What does the camel driver give Agba?
3. Why does Agba give the mare special treatment?
4. What does the new moon represent to Agba?
5. Why doesn't the French King's adviser want to see the horses from Morocco?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Agba afraid to be alone in prison?
2. Why is Sham sent to France?
3. How does Mrs. Cockburn help Agba in prison?
4. How is Agba treated while in prison?
5. How does Agba find nourishment for the orphaned foal?
6. How does Agba prepare for his audience with the Sultan?
7. Why do Sham and Agba leave Mr. Coke's stables?
8. How does Agba convince Signor Achmet that the foal is not unlucky?
9. How does the Earl of Godolphin punish Agba?
10. How does Big Red win the race in Kenilworth Park against Sir Barton?
This section contains 1,152 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)