|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what does Signor Achmet give Agba before he leaves?
(a) A handshake.
(b) A letter for the King of Morocco.
(c) Sham's bag.
(d) An embrace.
2. What has the captain of the ship put inside the horses' feed sacks?
3. Which famous horse is Man o' War descended from?
(a) Big Red.
(b) Sir Barton.
(c) The Godolphin Arabian.
4. How do the other colts in the stables treat Sham?
(a) They reject him.
(b) They steal his portion of corn.
(c) They follow his lead.
(d) They bite him.
5. What is the significance of the mark Agba discovers on the new foal?
(a) The foal will be swift.
(b) The foal will be a good jumper.
(c) The foal will be unlucky.
(d) The foal will be strong.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the camel driver give Agba?
2. What prophecy does Signor Achmet make in Chapter 5?
3. Who does Sham allow to hold the reins when he pulls a carriage?
4. Who is Man 'o War's owner?
5. What does the Duke advise the King to do with the Moroccan horses?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the captain of the ship deceive the Sultan?
2. Why does Mr. Riddle decide to retire Big Red?
3. Describe Agba.
4. What is the significance of the new moon?
5. Why doesn't Agba report the foal's birth to Signor Achmet?
6. Why is Sham sent to France?
7. What special treatment does Agba give the pregnant mare?
8. How is Sham different from the other colts in the stable?
9. How does Agba help the mare prepare for delivery?
10. Describe the gifts the Sultan gives the horses before they leave for France.
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)