|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Man 'o War's owner?
(a) Mr. Barton.
(b) Mr. Riddle.
(c) The Earl of Godolphin.
(d) The Sultan of Morocco.
2. In Chapter 8, what does Agba pack for his journey?
(a) A cloak and a flask of wine.
(b) A camel hair rub-rag and a leather water pouch.
(c) A knife and his amulets.
(d) Extra blankets.
3. What mark does Agba notice on the new foal?
(a) A wheat ear.
(b) A white spot.
(c) A dark spot.
(d) A stripe.
4. Why does Agba worry about Sham in Chapter 6?
(a) Sham is constantly escaping his stall.
(b) Agba fears the Sultan will destroy Sham.
(c) Sham is missing.
(d) Agba fears no one will care for Sham if he is executed.
5. Where does Agba fall asleep at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) In the straw.
(b) In his cot.
(c) Outside the stables.
(d) On a table.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Agba's society explain unusual occurrences?
2. Why does Signor Achmet scold Agba in Chapter 2?
3. Why doesn't Agba immediately tell anyone about the foal's birth?
4. Why is Agba worried about the mare he tends?
5. In Chapter 2, when does Agba eat his meal?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Agba survive alone on the streets of Paris?
2. Describe the family Sham sires with Roxana.
3. How do Agba and Mr. Twickerham's opinions of Sham differ?
4. Why is Agba afraid to be alone in prison?
5. Describe the omen Signor Achmet discovers on the foal.
6. Describe the foal born in Chapter 3.
7. Why doesn't the Earl of Godolphin inscribe anything on Sham's gravestone?
8. Describe Agba.
9. What does Sham do when the Chief Cook takes him to the market?
10. How does Agba help the mare prepare for delivery?
This section contains 993 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)