|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take for Signor Achmet, the horses, and the stable boys to sail to France?
(a) Four months.
(b) Four weeks.
(c) Six months.
(d) Twelve weeks.
2. Why doesn't the mare eat the corn Agba brings her in Chapter 2?
(a) Another horse steals the corn.
(b) She is too tired.
(c) The corn is spoiled.
(d) She is a picky eater.
3. Why is the mare described as being like the wind?
(a) She is beautiful.
(b) The wind is fierce.
(c) The wind cannot be tamed.
(d) She is fast.
4. Why is Agba worried about the mare he tends?
(a) She will soon be sent to France.
(b) She has a lame leg.
(c) Bad omens bode ill for the mare's foal.
(d) She is pregnant and not feeling well.
5. What does the camel driver give Agba?
(d) Camel's milk and honey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Agba startled by Signor Achmet's appearance in Chapter 4?
2. What command does Signor Achmet give Agba in Chapter 1?
3. What does the wild boar behind the stables do in Chapter 3?
4. What does Agba feed the foal in Chapter 5?
5. What does the Duke advise the King to do with the Moroccan horses?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Agba find nourishment for the orphaned foal?
2. How does Big Red win the race in Kenilworth Park against Sir Barton?
3. Describe the gifts the Sultan gives the horses before they leave for France.
4. Why doesn't Agba break his fast with the other stable boys?
5. How do Agba and Sham prepare for the journey to France?
6. Describe Agba.
7. What special treatment does Agba give the pregnant mare?
8. Why do Mr. Riddle's friends want him to send Big Red to England?
9. How does the old man in Chapter 2 describe the mare?
10. What is the significance of the new moon?
This section contains 996 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)