|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leads the procession to the city limits in Chapter 9?
(c) Signor Achmet.
(d) The Sultan.
2. Why doesn't the French King's adviser want to see the horses from Morocco?
(a) The King of France already has a hundred horses in his stables.
(b) He dislikes the odor of the stables.
(c) He is busy with important affairs of state.
(d) He is afraid of horses.
3. Why is the Sultan pleased with Agba's silence?
(a) It demonstrates that Agba is respectful.
(b) He knows Agba cannot tell any tales or palace secrets.
(c) He knows he can control Agba.
(d) It demonstrates that Agba will be obedient.
4. What does Agba feed the foal in Chapter 5?
(a) Boiled oats.
(b) Camel's milk and honey.
(c) Goat's milk and honey.
(d) Water and new grain.
5. Why is the wild boar kept behind the Sultan's stables?
(a) For food.
(b) To keep evil spirits away from the horses.
(c) He is the Sultan's pet.
(d) To warn against intruders.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Man 'o War's owner?
2. Why does the cook sell Sham?
3. Where does Signor Achmet go in Chapter 11?
4. What advice does Man 'o War's trainer give the jockey?
5. How many horses does the Sultan own?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Signor Achmet's prophecies contradict each other?
2. What is the significance of the white spot on the foal's heel?
3. How does the old man in Chapter 2 describe the mare?
4. How does Agba find nourishment for the orphaned foal?
5. Why doesn't Agba report the foal's birth to Signor Achmet?
6. How does Agba convince Signor Achmet that the foal is not unlucky?
7. What is the significance of the new moon?
8. How is Sham different from the other colts in the stable?
9. Why is Agba summoned to see the Sultan?
10. How does the Chief Cook rid himself of Sham?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)