|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the wild boar behind the stables do in Chapter 3?
(c) Escapes his pen.
(d) Grunts and coughs.
2. Why does the camel driver help Agba?
(a) To gain favor from the Sultan.
(b) Agba promises to pay.
(c) He loves horses.
(d) Because he likes Agba.
3. Why is Agba afraid to appear before the Sultan?
(a) He is afraid he will die.
(b) He knows he is guilty.
(c) He cannot find the mare.
(d) The Sultan might have sold him.
4. What does Agba think the Sultan looks like?
(a) A sweet potato.
(b) The wild boar.
(c) A camel.
(d) A satin pillow.
5. What does Agba feed the foal in Chapter 5?
(a) Goat's milk and honey.
(b) Camel's milk and honey.
(c) Boiled oats.
(d) Water and new grain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the two signs on the foal signify?
2. What is the wheat ear?
3. Why doesn't the French King's adviser want to see the horses from Morocco?
4. What happens to the mare in Chapter 4?
5. In Chapter 8, what does Agba pack for his journey?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice does Big Red's trainer give the horse's jockey, and why?
2. Why is Sham sent to France?
3. How does Agba become the foal's "father"?
4. Why does Mr. Riddle decide to retire Big Red?
5. How does the captain of the ship deceive the Sultan?
6. How does Agba prepare for his audience with the Sultan?
7. How does Agba convince Signor Achmet that the foal is not unlucky?
8. Why doesn't Agba break his fast with the other stable boys?
9. How is Sham different from the other colts in the stable?
10. Why is Agba afraid to appear before the Sultan?
This section contains 996 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)