|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the King decide to do with the Moroccan horses?
(a) Send them all back to Morocco.
(b) Send them to the circus.
(c) Send five horses to the army and keep one for his Cheif Cook.
(d) Sell them to the King of Spain.
2. What promise does Agba make to the foal?
(a) To be his father and care for him.
(b) To buy him back.
(c) To avenge his mother's death.
(d) To search for a new mare.
3. What has the captain of the ship put inside the horses' feed sacks?
4. Why does Agba measure Sham in Chapter 8?
(a) For a new saddle.
(b) To make sure his new stall is large enough.
(c) To compare him to other horses in the Sultan's stable.
(d) For a new blanket.
5. What happens to the mare in Chapter 4?
(a) She breaks her leg.
(b) She wins a race.
(c) She dies.
(d) She is sold.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Agba startled by Signor Achmet's appearance in Chapter 4?
2. In Chapter 4, what does Agba look for outside the palace walls?
3. What does the wild boar behind the stables do in Chapter 3?
4. In Chapter 2, when does Agba eat his meal?
5. Why doesn't Agba immediately tell anyone about the foal's birth?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Big Red win the race in Kenilworth Park against Sir Barton?
2. How does Agba prepare for his audience with the Sultan?
3. What does King Louis XV decide to do with the Sultan's gift?
4. Why is a wild boar kept behind the Sultan's stables?
5. Why is Sham sent to France?
6. How does Agba become the foal's "father"?
7. How does Agba's disability save his life?
8. How does Agba help the mare prepare for delivery?
9. What does Sham do when the Chief Cook takes him to the market?
10. How do Signor Achmet's prophecies contradict each other?
This section contains 1,041 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)