|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What promise does Agba make to the foal?
(a) To buy him back.
(b) To search for a new mare.
(c) To be his father and care for him.
(d) To avenge his mother's death.
2. Who tells Agba he must appear before the Sultan?
(a) Signor Achmet.
(b) Another stable boy.
(c) The Sultan's second wife.
(d) The Chief Guard.
3. Who leads the procession to the city limits in Chapter 9?
(c) Signor Achmet.
(d) The Sultan.
4. How do the other colts in the stables treat Sham?
(a) They steal his portion of corn.
(b) They reject him.
(c) They follow his lead.
(d) They bite him.
5. Why is Agba worried about the mare he tends?
(a) She has a lame leg.
(b) Bad omens bode ill for the mare's foal.
(c) She will soon be sent to France.
(d) She is pregnant and not feeling well.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, how does Agba prepare a bed for the mare?
2. Why doesn't Agba immediately tell anyone about the foal's birth?
3. Who is Man 'o War's owner?
4. Why does the camel driver help Agba?
5. What does the wheat ear signify?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Agba break his fast with the other stable boys?
2. Why doesn't Agba report the foal's birth to Signor Achmet?
3. Why is a wild boar kept behind the Sultan's stables?
4. How is Sham different from the other colts in the stable?
5. How does Agba become the foal's "father"?
6. How does the old man in Chapter 2 describe the mare?
7. Why doesn't the mare eat her corn?
8. How does the captain of the ship deceive the Sultan?
9. What does Sham do when the Chief Cook takes him to the market?
10. Why is Agba afraid to appear before the Sultan?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)