|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country does Agba live in?
(c) Saudi Arabia.
2. How does Agba's society explain unusual occurrences?
(a) With reason and logic.
(b) By consulting the elders.
(c) Through signs and superstitions.
(d) Through scientific observation.
3. Where is the mark that Agba discovers located on the new foal?
(a) On the foal's flank.
(b) On the foal's forehead.
(c) On the foal's heel.
(d) On the foal's neck.
4. What is the significance of the mark Agba discovers on the new foal?
(a) The foal will be strong.
(b) The foal will be swift.
(c) The foal will be a good jumper.
(d) The foal will be unlucky.
5. What aspect of the foal does Agba point out to Signor Achmet?
(a) The white spot on his heel.
(b) His healthy coat and active behavior.
(c) His long neck.
(d) His long legs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Agba he must appear before the Sultan?
2. Why do the palace guards allow Agba to pass the gate?
3. Where does Agba fall asleep at the end of Chapter 2?
4. Where does Signor Achmet go in Chapter 11?
5. How do the other colts in the stables treat Sham?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Sham sent to France?
2. What does Sham do when the Chief Cook takes him to the market?
3. Why is a wild boar kept behind the Sultan's stables?
4. What special treatment does Agba give the pregnant mare?
5. How does the old man in Chapter 2 describe the mare?
6. Why doesn't the mare eat her corn?
7. How does the captain of the ship deceive the Sultan?
8. Describe the omen Signor Achmet discovers on the foal.
9. How do Agba and Sham prepare for the journey to France?
10. How does Agba's disability save his life?
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)