|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the mare described as being like the wind?
(a) She is fast.
(b) The wind cannot be tamed.
(c) She is beautiful.
(d) The wind is fierce.
2. What do the stable boys do aboard the ship bound for France?
(a) Tend their horses.
(b) Pray for their horses.
(c) Sit below the deck.
(d) Man the heavy sails on stormy seas.
3. Where are the horses racing in the Prologue?
(a) Kenilworth Park.
(c) Gog Magogg.
4. Who is Man 'o War's owner?
(a) Mr. Riddle.
(b) Mr. Barton.
(c) The Sultan of Morocco.
(d) The Earl of Godolphin.
5. What advice does Man 'o War's trainer give the jockey?
(a) Don't let him slow down.
(b) Let him run his own race.
(c) Keep control of him.
(d) Hold those reins tight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the two signs on the foal signify?
2. Why does Signor Achmet scold Agba in Chapter 2?
3. In Chapter 8, what does Agba pack for his journey?
4. What unusual command does the Sultan give in Chapter 1?
5. Which famous horse is Man o' War descended from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Sham sent to France?
2. How does Agba become the foal's "father"?
3. Why is Agba summoned to see the Sultan?
4. How do Signor Achmet's prophecies contradict each other?
5. What advice does Big Red's trainer give the horse's jockey, and why?
6. How does Big Red win the race in Kenilworth Park against Sir Barton?
7. What is the significance of the new moon?
8. Why do Mr. Riddle's friends want him to send Big Red to England?
9. Describe the foal born in Chapter 3.
10. Why doesn't Agba report the foal's birth to Signor Achmet?
This section contains 1,040 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)