Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sham fitted for in Chapter 8?
(a) A new saddle.
(b) A new bridle.
(d) A new blanket.
2. What animal does the mare once outrun?
(a) A cheetah.
(b) A leopard.
(c) A gazelle.
(d) A camel.
3. In Chapter 4, what does Agba look for outside the palace walls?
(a) A goat.
(c) A nursing mare.
(d) A camel.
4. Why does the cook sell Sham?
(a) The king orders the sale.
(b) To punish Agba.
(c) Sham is too disobedient.
(d) The cook has too many debts.
5. What command does Signor Achmet give Agba in Chapter 1?
(a) Go before the Sultan.
(b) Eat with the rest of the stable boys.
(c) Stay with the mare until she begins her labor.
(d) Spend less time with the mare.
Short Answer Questions
1. What promise does Agba make to the foal?
2. Why doesn't Agba immediately tell anyone about the foal's birth?
3. Where does Agba fall asleep at the end of Chapter 2?
4. What do the two signs on the foal signify?
5. How does the Sultan test a new saber?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the gifts the Sultan gives the horses before they leave for France.
2. How does the Sultan anger Agba in Chapter 1?
3. What special treatment does Agba give the pregnant mare?
4. How does Agba find nourishment for the orphaned foal?
5. Describe the foal born in Chapter 3.
6. How does the Chief Cook rid himself of Sham?
7. How does Agba anger the Earl of Godolphin?
8. Why doesn't the mare eat her corn?
9. What does Sham do when the Chief Cook takes him to the market?
10. Describe the omen Signor Achmet discovers on the foal.
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)