|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives the Sultan's horses amulets?
(a) The Sultan.
(b) The Sultan's first wife.
(d) Signor Achmet.
2. Why doesn't Agba speak to the Sultan?
(a) He is mute.
(b) He is crying too hard to speak.
(c) He was told to remain silent.
(d) He is petrified with fear.
3. Why doesn't Man 'o War's owner want him to race at Newmarket?
(a) Because Man 'o War is too old to race again.
(b) The expense of the Newmarket race would outweigh any gain.
(c) Because Man 'o War does not need to prove his pedigree.
(d) The journey to England would be too much for the horse.
4. Who does Sham allow to hold the reins when he pulls a carriage?
(a) Signor Achmet.
(b) The Chief Cook.
(c) No one.
5. Which horse wins the race in the Prologue?
(a) Sir Barton.
(c) The race is a tie.
(d) Man o' War.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who supposedly makes the wind transform into the mare?
2. Why does Signor Achmet scold Agba in Chapter 2?
3. How do the other colts in the stables treat Sham?
4. How does Agba's society explain unusual occurrences?
5. What country does Agba live in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Agba report the foal's birth to Signor Achmet?
2. How does Big Red win the race in Kenilworth Park against Sir Barton?
3. How does Agba convince Signor Achmet that the foal is not unlucky?
4. What is the significance of the new moon?
5. Describe the gifts the Sultan gives the horses before they leave for France.
6. What is the significance of the white spot on the foal's heel?
7. Why is Agba afraid to appear before the Sultan?
8. How do Agba and Sham prepare for the journey to France?
9. How does the Chief Cook rid himself of Sham?
10. How does Agba's disability save his life?
This section contains 960 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)