|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the wild boar behind the stables do in Chapter 3?
(a) Grunts and coughs.
(c) Escapes his pen.
2. What natural skill does Sham possess?
(a) He can jump higher than all the other horses.
(b) He knows what Sham is thinking.
(c) He can outrun all the other horses.
(d) He can escape any stall.
3. Who supposedly makes the wind transform into the mare?
(a) Aladdin's lamp.
(b) The Jinn.
(c) A genie.
4. What promise does Agba make to the foal?
(a) To search for a new mare.
(b) To be his father and care for him.
(c) To buy him back.
(d) To avenge his mother's death.
5. Why does the Sultan want Signor Achmet to select six horses and six horse boys?
(a) To race.
(b) To sell.
(c) To test his new saber.
(d) To send as a gift to the new King of France.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Sultan test a new saber?
2. Which country does Sir Barton represent?
3. What does the Sultan give each horse?
4. Why does Agba train Sham to run longer?
5. What unusual command does the Sultan give in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Agba help the mare prepare for delivery?
2. What is the significance of the new moon?
3. What does King Louis XV decide to do with the Sultan's gift?
4. Why doesn't Agba break his fast with the other stable boys?
5. Why doesn't Agba report the foal's birth to Signor Achmet?
6. What does Sham do when the Chief Cook takes him to the market?
7. Why is Agba summoned to see the Sultan?
8. What is the significance of the white spot on the foal's heel?
9. Describe the gifts the Sultan gives the horses before they leave for France.
10. Describe the foal born in Chapter 3.
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)