|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What command does Signor Achmet give Agba in Chapter 1?
(a) Eat with the rest of the stable boys.
(b) Spend less time with the mare.
(c) Stay with the mare until she begins her labor.
(d) Go before the Sultan.
2. What promise does Agba make to the foal?
(a) To search for a new mare.
(b) To be his father and care for him.
(c) To avenge his mother's death.
(d) To buy him back.
3. What does the new moon represent to Agba?
(a) A chance to escape the Sultan.
(b) A bad omen for the mare's unborn foal.
(c) A favorable sign for the mare's unborn foal.
(d) The beginning of a new life.
4. What does Agba see the mare doing when he wakes in Chapter 3?
(a) Giving birth.
(c) Drying her newborn foal.
(d) Eating corn.
5. Which country does Man o' War represent?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Agba fall asleep at the end of Chapter 2?
2. What does the King decide to do with the Moroccan horses?
3. What does Man 'o War's owner want to do with the horse?
4. Where does the cook sell Sham?
5. Why doesn't Agba immediately tell anyone about the foal's birth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does King Louis XV decide to do with the Sultan's gift?
2. Describe the gifts the Sultan gives the horses before they leave for France.
3. Why is Agba summoned to see the Sultan?
4. How does the old man in Chapter 2 describe the mare?
5. How does Agba become the foal's "father"?
6. How does the Sultan anger Agba in Chapter 1?
7. Describe the omen Signor Achmet discovers on the foal.
8. Why does Mr. Riddle decide to retire Big Red?
9. Why do Mr. Riddle's friends want him to send Big Red to England?
10. Why is a wild boar kept behind the Sultan's stables?
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)