|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Agba supposed to alert about the foal's birth?
(a) Signor Achmet.
(c) The stable boys.
(d) The Sultan.
2. In Chapter 4, what does Agba look for outside the palace walls?
(b) A nursing mare.
(c) A goat.
(d) A camel.
3. Which horse wins the race in the Prologue?
(a) The race is a tie.
(b) Sir Barton.
(d) Man o' War.
4. What does the King decide to do with the Moroccan horses?
(a) Send them all back to Morocco.
(b) Sell them to the King of Spain.
(c) Send five horses to the army and keep one for his Cheif Cook.
(d) Send them to the circus.
5. Where are the horses racing in the Prologue?
(c) Gog Magogg.
(d) Kenilworth Park.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is written on the papers the Sultan includes in the horse's gifts?
2. Why is the wild boar kept behind the Sultan's stables?
3. What does Signor Achmet announce in Chapter 8?
4. Why is Agba afraid to appear before the Sultan?
5. What prophecy does Signor Achmet make in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Agba and Mr. Twickerham's opinions of Sham differ?
2. How is Sham different from the other colts in the stable?
3. Why does Mr. Riddle decide to retire Big Red?
4. How do Sham and Agba escape from the carter?
5. How does Agba's disability save his life?
6. How does Agba convince Signor Achmet that the foal is not unlucky?
7. What advice does Big Red's trainer give the horse's jockey, and why?
8. How does Agba feel about Sham not being allowed to race at Newmarket?
9. Why do Mr. Riddle's friends want him to send Big Red to England?
10. What is the Duke's reaction to the Sultan's gift when the horses and their stable boys arrive in France?
This section contains 1,101 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)