|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Agba afraid to appear before the Sultan?
(a) He knows he is guilty.
(b) He cannot find the mare.
(c) He is afraid he will die.
(d) The Sultan might have sold him.
2. Who does Sham allow to hold the reins when he pulls a carriage?
(a) Signor Achmet.
(b) No one.
(d) The Chief Cook.
3. Where does Agba fall asleep at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) In his cot.
(b) Outside the stables.
(c) On a table.
(d) In the straw.
4. What is desirable about Sham's neck?
(a) It is short and stocky, indicating strength.
(b) It arches well.
(c) His good luck mark can be seen when he is running.
(d) It is long and stretches nicely when he is running.
5. Where is the mark that Agba discovers located on the new foal?
(a) On the foal's neck.
(b) On the foal's forehead.
(c) On the foal's heel.
(d) On the foal's flank.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Agba speak to the Sultan?
2. Why doesn't Man 'o War's owner want him to race at Newmarket?
3. What promise does Agba make to the foal?
4. What information does the scribe include in the Sultan's letter?
5. What is the significance of the mark Agba discovers on the new foal?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Agba prepare for his audience with the Sultan?
2. How does Mrs. Cockburn help Agba in prison?
3. How does Agba help the mare prepare for delivery?
4. What happens to Sham's pedigree while Agba is in prison?
5. What special treatment does Hobgoblin receive at the Gog Magog stables?
6. What is the Duke's reaction to the Sultan's gift when the horses and their stable boys arrive in France?
7. How does the Earl of Godolphin punish Agba?
8. Describe the family Sham sires with Roxana.
9. How does Agba anger the Earl of Godolphin?
10. What does Sham do when the Chief Cook takes him to the market?
This section contains 1,164 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)