|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Man 'o War's nickname?
(a) Sir Barton.
(b) Sir Riddle.
(c) Big Red.
2. Who supposedly makes the wind transform into the mare?
(a) Aladdin's lamp.
(b) The Jinn.
(c) A genie.
3. Why is the mare described as being like the wind?
(a) She is fast.
(b) The wind cannot be tamed.
(c) She is beautiful.
(d) The wind is fierce.
4. Which famous horse is Man o' War descended from?
(a) Big Red.
(b) The Godolphin Arabian.
(d) Sir Barton.
5. What does the new moon represent to Agba?
(a) A bad omen for the mare's unborn foal.
(b) A favorable sign for the mare's unborn foal.
(c) A chance to escape the Sultan.
(d) The beginning of a new life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must Agba do before he can approach the Sultan?
2. What aspect of the foal does Agba point out to Signor Achmet?
3. Why does Agba worry about Sham in Chapter 6?
4. When does the foal begin to nurse from the mare?
5. What does the wheat ear signify?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Duke's reaction to the Sultan's gift when the horses and their stable boys arrive in France?
2. What does King Louis XV decide to do with the Sultan's gift?
3. How does Agba convince Signor Achmet that the foal is not unlucky?
4. What is the significance of the new moon?
5. Why doesn't Agba break his fast with the other stable boys?
6. How does Agba find nourishment for the orphaned foal?
7. How does Big Red win the race in Kenilworth Park against Sir Barton?
8. Why do Mr. Riddle's friends want him to send Big Red to England?
9. How does the Sultan anger Agba in Chapter 1?
10. Why is a wild boar kept behind the Sultan's stables?
This section contains 1,038 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)