|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Agba leaves the cook, who hires him?
(a) An Englishman.
(b) A carter.
(c) The owner of a tack shop.
(d) The owner of a chocolate shop.
2. In Chapter 17, who is looking for Agba at the Red Lion Inn?
(a) Mr. Williams.
(b) Mistress Cockburn.
(c) Signor Achmet.
(d) Mr. Biggle.
3. Who buys Sham from Mr. Coke?
(a) Mr. Biggle.
(b) The Earl.
(c) Mr. Williams.
(d) Mistress Cockburn.
4. Who is Mistress Cockburn?
(a) A shopkeeper.
(b) Mr. Biggle's wife.
(c) Mr. Coke's wife.
(d) Mr. Coke's housekeeper.
5. Who does Sham knock down on the stable floor in Chapter 19?
(c) The Earl of Godolphin.
(d) Titus Twickerham.
6. What is the Queen's plate?
(a) A tract of royal land.
(b) An antique plate given to the Earl's grandfather.
(c) A valuable prize for winning a horse race.
(d) A famous racetrack.
7. Who owns Sham in Chapter 12?
(a) The Englishman.
(b) The carter.
(c) The tailor.
(d) The baker.
8. How does Sham escape his stall?
(a) The groom forgot to latch the door.
(b) He kicks down the door.
(c) He jumps over the side wall.
(d) Agba lets him out.
9. What does Sham do to the English horse-breaker hired to tame him?
(a) Knocks his hat off.
(b) Kicks him.
(c) Bites him.
(d) Throws him to the ground.
10. Who is Grimalkin?
(a) Agba's cat.
(b) Benjamin Biggle's horse.
(c) A retired English merchant.
(d) Mr. Coke's horse.
11. How does Sham anger the carter?
(a) Sham runs away.
(b) Sham kicks him.
(c) Sham bites him.
(d) Sham throws him.
12. Who is waiting for Sham and Agba in Chapter 21?
(a) The Earl of Godolphin.
(b) Mr. Williams.
(c) Mistress Cockburn.
(d) Mr. Twickerham.
13. In Chapter 19, who receives gifts from the Duchess?
(a) Agba, Sham and Grimalkin.
(b) Titus Twickerham.
(d) The Earl of Godolphin.
14. What is the value of the Queen's plate?
(a) One hundred thousand pounds.
(b) One million guineas.
(c) One thousand pounds.
(d) One thousand guineas.
15. Where is Sham stabled in Chapter 21?
(a) In an outside corral.
(b) In Hobgoblin's old stall.
(c) In his old stall.
(d) In the garden behind the main house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Agba eat while in prison?
2. Who once reads a story set in Morocco?
3. What does Mr. Biggle want Mr. Coke to buy?
4. Who rescues Sham from the carter?
5. Which famous people attend the great race in Chapter 23?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)