|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is emblazoned on Hobgoblin's sheets?
(a) His name.
(b) The Earl of Godolphin's crest.
(c) The Sultan's crest.
(d) The Queen's seal.
2. After Agba leaves the cook, who hires him?
(a) The owner of a chocolate shop.
(b) A carter.
(c) The owner of a tack shop.
(d) An Englishman.
3. How does Agba recognize Sham?
(a) By his markings.
(b) Sham rubs his head against Agba's shoulder.
(c) By the curve of Sham's neck.
(d) By Sham's whinny.
4. Who are Cade and Regulus?
(a) Stable boys.
(b) Sham's sons.
(d) Guard dogs.
5. In Chapter 12, where does Agba look for Sham?
6. How does Sham escape his stall?
(a) He jumps over the side wall.
(b) The groom forgot to latch the door.
(c) Agba lets him out.
(d) He kicks down the door.
7. What is Gog Magog?
(a) A small town in France.
(b) The name of Signor Achmet's estate.
(c) The name of Sultan's palace.
(d) The name of the Earl's estate.
8. Who is Roxana?
(a) A jockey.
(b) The Earl's daughter.
(c) Agba's new cat.
(d) A breeding mare.
9. What does Agba eat while in prison?
(b) Bits of rotten vegetables and meat.
(d) Bread and water.
10. Who leaves with Agba in Chapter 20?
(c) Sham and Grimalkin.
(d) Mr. Twickerham.
11. Why is Agba invited inside the Earl's home in Chapter 22?
(a) The Earl wants to make Agba a jockey.
(b) The Earl has decided to adopt Agba.
(c) The Earl wants to express his concerns about the stables.
(d) The Earl wants to reward Agba for his faithfulness.
12. Who is Lath?
(a) Sham's first son.
(b) Sham's new owner.
(c) Sham's new jockey.
(d) A new breeding mare.
13. What does Titus Twickerham think Sham would do best?
(d) Be a work horse.
14. Who calls on the police to arrest Sham?
(a) Mr. Williams.
(b) Mrs. Williams.
(c) Mistress Cockburn.
(d) Mr. Biggle.
15. Who explains that Sham's pedigree is written in his sons?
(a) The Earl of Godolphin.
(b) The President of the United States.
(d) The Sultan.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 20, who comes to visit Agba in his hovel?
2. In Chapter 22, who does the Earl want to have watch the race?
3. Who wants to take Agba's cat away?
4. Why is Agba sent away in Chapter 20?
5. What overloads the carter's cart?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)