|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Sham stabled in Chapter 21?
(a) In the garden behind the main house.
(b) In an outside corral.
(c) In Hobgoblin's old stall.
(d) In his old stall.
2. Why is Benjamin afraid to ride Sham?
(a) He saw Sham kick the carter.
(b) Sham bit him.
(c) He has never ridden a horse before.
(d) Sham appears to be too wild to ride.
3. How does Agba find Sham in Chapter 12?
(a) He asks store owners and horse trainers.
(b) He watches the horse sales.
(c) He follows a carter.
(d) He posts ads.
4. How does Sham escape his stall?
(a) He kicks down the door.
(b) The groom forgot to latch the door.
(c) Agba lets him out.
(d) He jumps over the side wall.
5. How does Agba recognize Sham?
(a) By Sham's whinny.
(b) By the curve of Sham's neck.
(c) By his markings.
(d) Sham rubs his head against Agba's shoulder.
6. Who keeps Agba company while he is in prison?
(a) Mr. Biggle.
(b) Mr. Coke.
(c) Mrs. Williams.
7. Who rescues Sham from the carter?
(a) The cook.
(b) Signor Achmet.
(c) An Englishman.
(d) The owner of the tack shop.
8. Who once reads a story set in Morocco?
(a) Mr. Biggle.
(b) Titus Twickerham.
(c) The Earl of Godolphin.
(d) Mistress Cockburn.
9. What does Titus Twickerham think Sham would do best?
(b) Be a work horse.
10. Who reduces Agba's bread ration?
(a) The warden.
(b) The judge.
(c) Other prisoners.
(d) The constable.
11. Who buys Sham in Chapter 18?
(a) Mistress Cockburn.
(b) Mr. Biggle.
(c) Signor Achmet.
(d) The Earl of Godolphin.
12. What animal also lives in Sham's shed in Chapter 12?
(a) A cat.
(b) A donkey.
(c) An owl.
(d) A wild boar.
13. What is written above Sham's stall in Chapter 21?
(a) The Godolphin Arabian.
(b) The Pride of Magog.
(c) The Godolphin Champion.
14. Who is Titus Twickerham?
(a) Signor Achmet's head groom.
(b) Sham's jockey.
(c) The Sultan's new chief of horses.
(d) The Earl's head groom.
15. Why is Agba sent away in Chapter 20?
(a) Because he allowed Hobgoblin to escape.
(b) Because Mr. Twickerham wanted a new jockey.
(c) Because Roxana did not like him.
(d) Because he allowed Sham to escape.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who promises to try and get Agba out of jail?
2. Who is Grimalkin?
3. In Chapter 20, who comes to visit Agba in his hovel?
4. What is emblazoned on Hobgoblin's sheets?
5. Who is Benjamin Biggle?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)