|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who smells of lavender and cakes?
(a) The warden's wife.
(b) The constable's wife.
(c) Mrs. Williams.
(d) Mistress Cockburn.
2. Who rides into town with the Dowager Duchess of Marlborough and the Earl of Godolphin?
(a) Mr. Biggle.
(b) Mistress Cockburn.
(c) Mr. Williams.
(d) Signor Achmet.
3. What does the carter threaten to do to Sham when the horse falls?
(a) Shoot him.
(b) Hang him.
(c) Burn him.
(d) Sell him.
4. What does the horse-breaker recommend be done with Sham?
(a) That he be sold for meat.
(b) That he be released into the wild.
(c) That he be sent back to Morocco.
(d) That he be tied up and not fed.
5. Who explains that Sham's pedigree is written in his sons?
(a) The Earl of Godolphin.
(b) The Sultan.
(d) The President of the United States.
6. Who is waiting for Sham and Agba in Chapter 21?
(a) Mr. Williams.
(b) Mr. Twickerham.
(c) The Earl of Godolphin.
(d) Mistress Cockburn.
7. How does Sham anger the carter?
(a) Sham bites him.
(b) Sham runs away.
(c) Sham throws him.
(d) Sham kicks him.
8. Who is Grimalkin?
(a) A retired English merchant.
(b) Agba's cat.
(c) Mr. Coke's horse.
(d) Benjamin Biggle's horse.
9. Who wins the race in Chapter 23?
10. How does Agba recognize Sham?
(a) By his markings.
(b) By the curve of Sham's neck.
(c) Sham rubs his head against Agba's shoulder.
(d) By Sham's whinny.
11. In Chapter 22, who does the Earl want to have watch the race?
(c) Lath, Cade and Regulus.
12. How does the carter punish Sham?
(a) He sells him at the Thieves' Kitchen.
(b) By leaving his harness on 24 hours a day.
(c) He does not feed Sham for three days.
(d) He chains Sham to the stable wall.
13. What does Sham do to the English horse-breaker hired to tame him?
(a) Knocks his hat off.
(b) Throws him to the ground.
(c) Kicks him.
(d) Bites him.
14. Who is Benjamin Biggle?
(a) A cook for the English Army.
(b) A retired English merchant.
(c) Mr. Coke's son-in-law.
(d) Mr. Coke's head groom.
15. Who does Sham knock down on the stable floor in Chapter 19?
(a) Titus Twickerham.
(d) The Earl of Godolphin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the value of the Queen's plate?
2. What does Agba eat while in prison?
3. In Chapter 22, who does the Earl want to have run in the race?
4. Who promises to try and get Agba out of jail?
5. Who is Mistress Cockburn?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)