|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Agba leaves the cook, who hires him?
(a) The owner of a tack shop.
(b) An Englishman.
(c) A carter.
(d) The owner of a chocolate shop.
2. What overloads the carter's cart?
(a) Scrap metal.
(b) Stacks of wood.
(c) Pallets of bricks.
(d) Piles of potatoes.
3. In Chapter 19, who receives gifts from the Duchess?
(b) Agba, Sham and Grimalkin.
(c) The Earl of Godolphin.
(d) Titus Twickerham.
4. In Chapter 17, who is looking for Agba at the Red Lion Inn?
(a) Mr. Biggle.
(b) Mistress Cockburn.
(c) Mr. Williams.
(d) Signor Achmet.
5. Who once reads a story set in Morocco?
(a) Mistress Cockburn.
(b) Mr. Biggle.
(c) Titus Twickerham.
(d) The Earl of Godolphin.
6. What does Mr. Biggle want Mr. Coke to buy?
(a) His store.
(c) A new hat.
(d) A carriage.
7. What does Sham do to the English horse-breaker hired to tame him?
(a) Bites him.
(b) Kicks him.
(c) Knocks his hat off.
(d) Throws him to the ground.
8. How does Sham escape his stall?
(a) The groom forgot to latch the door.
(b) He kicks down the door.
(c) Agba lets him out.
(d) He jumps over the side wall.
9. Where is Sham stabled in Chapter 21?
(a) In an outside corral.
(b) In the garden behind the main house.
(c) In his old stall.
(d) In Hobgoblin's old stall.
10. Why is Agba invited inside the Earl's home in Chapter 22?
(a) The Earl wants to express his concerns about the stables.
(b) The Earl wants to reward Agba for his faithfulness.
(c) The Earl wants to make Agba a jockey.
(d) The Earl has decided to adopt Agba.
11. Who is Jethro Coke?
(a) A retired English merchant.
(b) An owner of a tack shop.
(c) A cook for the English Army.
(d) An owner of a chocolate shop.
12. What is the value of the Queen's plate?
(a) One thousand pounds.
(b) One hundred thousand pounds.
(c) One thousand guineas.
(d) One million guineas.
13. What does the horse-breaker recommend be done with Sham?
(a) That he be released into the wild.
(b) That he be sent back to Morocco.
(c) That he be tied up and not fed.
(d) That he be sold for meat.
14. Who owns Sham in Chapter 12?
(a) The carter.
(b) The Englishman.
(c) The baker.
(d) The tailor.
15. What is the Queen's plate?
(a) A famous racetrack.
(b) A tract of royal land.
(c) A valuable prize for winning a horse race.
(d) An antique plate given to the Earl's grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Benjamin Biggle?
2. Who is Grimalkin?
3. Who does Sham knock down on the stable floor in Chapter 19?
4. What animal also lives in Sham's shed in Chapter 12?
5. In Chapter 20, who comes to visit Agba in his hovel?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)