|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 22, who does the Earl want to have watch the race?
(a) Lath, Cade and Regulus.
2. Who is Benjamin Biggle?
(a) A cook for the English Army.
(b) A retired English merchant.
(c) Mr. Coke's head groom.
(d) Mr. Coke's son-in-law.
3. Which famous people attend the great race in Chapter 23?
(a) The King and Queen of France.
(b) The Sultan of Morocco and his three favorite wives.
(c) The President of the United States and the First Lady.
(d) The King and Queen of England.
4. Who is King of the Wind?
5. How does Sham escape his stall?
(a) The groom forgot to latch the door.
(b) He kicks down the door.
(c) Agba lets him out.
(d) He jumps over the side wall.
6. Who is Jethro Coke?
(a) A retired English merchant.
(b) An owner of a chocolate shop.
(c) A cook for the English Army.
(d) An owner of a tack shop.
7. Who destroys Sham's pedigree?
(a) Mr. Biggle.
(b) Mrs. Williams.
(c) Signor Achmet.
(d) The constable.
8. Who smells of lavender and cakes?
(a) The constable's wife.
(b) Mrs. Williams.
(c) Mistress Cockburn.
(d) The warden's wife.
9. What is the value of the Queen's plate?
(a) One thousand pounds.
(b) One thousand guineas.
(c) One million guineas.
(d) One hundred thousand pounds.
10. What does the carter threaten to do to Sham when the horse falls?
(a) Sell him.
(b) Burn him.
(c) Hang him.
(d) Shoot him.
11. Why is Agba sent away in Chapter 20?
(a) Because Mr. Twickerham wanted a new jockey.
(b) Because he allowed Sham to escape.
(c) Because Roxana did not like him.
(d) Because he allowed Hobgoblin to escape.
12. What animal also lives in Sham's shed in Chapter 12?
(a) A cat.
(b) A donkey.
(c) A wild boar.
(d) An owl.
13. Where is Sham stabled in Chapter 21?
(a) In Hobgoblin's old stall.
(b) In an outside corral.
(c) In his old stall.
(d) In the garden behind the main house.
14. How does Agba find Sham in Chapter 12?
(a) He asks store owners and horse trainers.
(b) He watches the horse sales.
(c) He posts ads.
(d) He follows a carter.
15. Who wants to take Agba's cat away?
(a) Mr. Williams.
(b) The constable.
(c) Mrs. Williams.
(d) The warden.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is kind enough to provide Sham with barley and oats in Chapter 20?
2. What new name is Sham given in Chapter 18?
3. What is Gog Magog?
4. Where is the great race held in Chapter 23?
5. Where is Agba sent in Chapter 20?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)