|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the new moon represent to Agba?
(a) The beginning of a new life.
(b) A favorable sign for the mare's unborn foal.
(c) A bad omen for the mare's unborn foal.
(d) A chance to escape the Sultan.
2. Which horse is Man o' War racing?
(a) Sir Riddle.
(c) Big Red.
(d) Sir Barton.
3. What is the wheat ear?
(a) Food for the horses.
(b) A hand sign made by Signor Achmet to ward off evil.
(c) A hair pattern on the foal that resembles a ripened beard of wheat.
(d) A pattern of clouds.
4. Who is Man 'o War's owner?
(a) The Earl of Godolphin.
(b) The Sultan of Morocco.
(c) Mr. Riddle.
(d) Mr. Barton.
5. What does the wild boar behind the stables do in Chapter 3?
(b) Escapes his pen.
(d) Grunts and coughs.
6. What is the meaning of the Arabic name Sham?
7. Who owns the horses that Agba tends?
(a) Mr. Riddle.
(b) The Sultan.
(c) Mr. Barton.
(d) Signor Achmet.
8. Why doesn't the French King's adviser want to see the horses from Morocco?
(a) He is afraid of horses.
(b) He dislikes the odor of the stables.
(c) The King of France already has a hundred horses in his stables.
(d) He is busy with important affairs of state.
9. Why does the camel driver help Agba?
(a) Agba promises to pay.
(b) To gain favor from the Sultan.
(c) He loves horses.
(d) Because he likes Agba.
10. Where does Agba fall asleep at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) On a table.
(b) Outside the stables.
(c) In his cot.
(d) In the straw.
11. Who tells Agba that the mare is made of wind?
(a) The Sultan.
(b) An old woman.
(c) Signor Achmet.
(d) An old man.
12. What does Man 'o War's owner want to do with the horse?
(a) Destroy him.
(b) Allow him to run one more race.
(c) Retire him.
(d) Sell him.
13. What is Sham fitted for in Chapter 8?
(b) A new bridle.
(c) A new saddle.
(d) A new blanket.
14. Why is Agba afraid to appear before the Sultan?
(a) He is afraid he will die.
(b) He cannot find the mare.
(c) The Sultan might have sold him.
(d) He knows he is guilty.
15. Which famous horse is Man o' War descended from?
(a) Sir Barton.
(b) Big Red.
(c) The Godolphin Arabian.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Sham seek for comfort?
2. What do the horses and their stable boys look like to the Duke when they arrive in France?
3. Why is Agba worried about the mare he tends?
4. Where is Sham sent in Chapter 11?
5. In Chapter 4, what does Agba look for outside the palace walls?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)