|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what does Signor Achmet give Agba before he leaves?
(a) A letter for the King of Morocco.
(b) An embrace.
(c) A handshake.
(d) Sham's bag.
2. In Chapter 4, what does Agba look for outside the palace walls?
(a) A nursing mare.
(b) A goat.
(c) A camel.
3. Who gives the Sultan's horses amulets?
(a) Signor Achmet.
(c) The Sultan.
(d) The Sultan's first wife.
4. How long does it take for Signor Achmet, the horses, and the stable boys to sail to France?
(a) Four months.
(b) Four weeks.
(c) Twelve weeks.
(d) Six months.
5. How does the Sultan test a new saber?
(a) By cutting off the head of a stable boy.
(b) By cutting off the heads of a thousand animals.
(c) By cutting off a thousand branches.
(d) By cutting off the heads of a thousand people.
6. What command does Signor Achmet give Agba in Chapter 1?
(a) Stay with the mare until she begins her labor.
(b) Go before the Sultan.
(c) Eat with the rest of the stable boys.
(d) Spend less time with the mare.
7. In Chapter 1, how many horses does Agba care for?
8. What does Agba feed the foal in Chapter 5?
(a) Water and new grain.
(b) Camel's milk and honey.
(c) Goat's milk and honey.
(d) Boiled oats.
9. Which country does Man o' War represent?
10. Who leads the procession to the city limits in Chapter 9?
(b) Signor Achmet.
(d) The Sultan.
11. Where does the cook sell Sham?
(a) In the market square.
(b) At the docks.
(c) Behind the royal stables.
(d) At the Thieves' Kitchen.
12. Why is the wild boar kept behind the Sultan's stables?
(a) To warn against intruders.
(b) To keep evil spirits away from the horses.
(c) For food.
(d) He is the Sultan's pet.
13. Who tells Agba that the mare is made of wind?
(a) The Sultan.
(b) An old man.
(c) Signor Achmet.
(d) An old woman.
14. Who is Signor Achmet?
(a) The Sultan's Chief Chef.
(b) Agba's uncle.
(c) The Sultan's Chief of the Guards.
(d) The Sultan's Chief of the Grooms.
15. In Chapter 2, when does Agba eat his meal?
(a) Before he feeds his horses.
(b) He does not get to eat.
(c) After he has fed his mare.
(d) After he has fed all of his horses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Sultan want Signor Achmet to select six horses and six horse boys?
2. What aspect of the foal does Agba point out to Signor Achmet?
3. Why doesn't Agba eat with the other stable boys?
4. What do the two signs on the foal signify?
5. Which horse is Man o' War racing?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)