|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which country does Man o' War represent?
2. In Chapter 11, what does Signor Achmet give Agba before he leaves?
(a) Sham's bag.
(b) An embrace.
(c) A letter for the King of Morocco.
(d) A handshake.
3. Why doesn't Agba immediately tell anyone about the foal's birth?
(a) He enjoys watching the new foal and his favorite mare.
(b) He is too tired to get up.
(c) He is afriad the foal is dying.
(d) The foal is only one of a thousand born that year.
4. Why does the Sultan want Signor Achmet to select six horses and six horse boys?
(a) To sell.
(b) To send as a gift to the new King of France.
(c) To test his new saber.
(d) To race.
5. Where is the mark that Agba discovers located on the new foal?
(a) On the foal's flank.
(b) On the foal's neck.
(c) On the foal's heel.
(d) On the foal's forehead.
6. What information does the scribe include in the Sultan's letter?
(a) The stable boys are to return to Morocco when their horses die.
(b) The horses are to return to Morocco after 20 years.
(c) The price of the horses and their boys is not negotiable.
(d) The Sultan will wage war on anyone who steals a horse.
7. What does the Sultan ask Agba?
(a) To kneel.
(b) Sham's location.
(c) His name.
(d) The mare's location.
8. In Chapter 2, when does Agba eat his meal?
(a) Before he feeds his horses.
(b) After he has fed his mare.
(c) He does not get to eat.
(d) After he has fed all of his horses.
9. Why is the Sultan pleased with Agba's silence?
(a) It demonstrates that Agba is respectful.
(b) He knows he can control Agba.
(c) It demonstrates that Agba will be obedient.
(d) He knows Agba cannot tell any tales or palace secrets.
10. What is desirable about Sham's neck?
(a) It is short and stocky, indicating strength.
(b) His good luck mark can be seen when he is running.
(c) It is long and stretches nicely when he is running.
(d) It arches well.
11. What special treatment does Agba show the mare?
(a) He talks to her gently.
(b) He spends more time currying her than his other horses.
(c) He gives her spring water from a bucket.
(d) He sneaks her treats during the day.
12. What prophecy does Signor Achmet make in Chapter 5?
(a) The foal will become a champion racehorse.
(b) The foal will bless the stables.
(c) The new moon will bring them all good luck.
(d) The foal will live.
13. What happens to the mare in Chapter 4?
(a) She wins a race.
(b) She dies.
(c) She breaks her leg.
(d) She is sold.
14. When does the foal begin to nurse from the mare?
(a) After a few failed attempts to stand.
(b) He never nurses from his mother.
(c) Almost immediately.
(d) The next morning.
15. Who tells Agba he must appear before the Sultan?
(a) The Chief Guard.
(b) Signor Achmet.
(c) Another stable boy.
(d) The Sultan's second wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the mare described as being like the wind?
2. In Chapter 4, what does Agba look for outside the palace walls?
3. Who is Man 'o War's owner?
4. Why does the camel driver help Agba?
5. Where are the horses racing in the Prologue?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)