|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what does Signor Achmet give Agba before he leaves?
(a) A handshake.
(b) An embrace.
(c) A letter for the King of Morocco.
(d) Sham's bag.
2. In Chapter 4, what does Agba look for outside the palace walls?
(a) A camel.
(c) A nursing mare.
(d) A goat.
3. Where is the mark that Agba discovers located on the new foal?
(a) On the foal's heel.
(b) On the foal's neck.
(c) On the foal's flank.
(d) On the foal's forehead.
4. Why do the palace guards allow Agba to pass the gate?
(a) They do not see him.
(b) Because he is the first slave boy of Signor Achmet.
(c) Because he has a letter from Signor Achmet.
(d) He bribes them.
5. In Chapter 2, when does Agba eat his meal?
(a) He does not get to eat.
(b) After he has fed his mare.
(c) Before he feeds his horses.
(d) After he has fed all of his horses.
6. Why does Agba train Sham to run longer?
(a) To prepare him for the race.
(b) To prepare him for the long journey.
(c) So he will fetch the highest price at the market.
(d) Because Signor Achmet tells him to do so.
7. What is the wheat ear?
(a) A hair pattern on the foal that resembles a ripened beard of wheat.
(b) A pattern of clouds.
(c) A hand sign made by Signor Achmet to ward off evil.
(d) Food for the horses.
8. Why does Agba worry about Sham in Chapter 6?
(a) Sham is constantly escaping his stall.
(b) Agba fears the Sultan will destroy Sham.
(c) Agba fears no one will care for Sham if he is executed.
(d) Sham is missing.
9. What does the new moon represent to Agba?
(a) A chance to escape the Sultan.
(b) A bad omen for the mare's unborn foal.
(c) A favorable sign for the mare's unborn foal.
(d) The beginning of a new life.
10. Where does Signor Achmet go in Chapter 11?
(a) To Spain.
(b) Back to Morocco.
(c) To the royal stables
(d) To the French army.
11. In Chapter 3, what does Agba see when he awakens?
(b) The mare and her new foal.
(c) Signor Achmet.
(d) The new moon.
12. Why does Signor Achmet scold Agba in Chapter 2?
(a) Agba is too slow in performing his tasks.
(b) Agba did not have permission to use a new blanket.
(c) Agba is spending too much time with the mare again.
(d) Agba has used too much sand and hay in the mare's bed.
13. What does Agba feed the foal in Chapter 5?
(a) Goat's milk and honey.
(b) Water and new grain.
(c) Camel's milk and honey.
(d) Boiled oats.
14. What does the King decide to do with the Moroccan horses?
(a) Send them all back to Morocco.
(b) Send them to the circus.
(c) Send five horses to the army and keep one for his Cheif Cook.
(d) Sell them to the King of Spain.
15. What does the Sultan ask Agba?
(a) Sham's location.
(b) To kneel.
(c) The mare's location.
(d) His name.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must Agba do before he can approach the Sultan?
2. Which country does Sir Barton represent?
3. What is Sham fitted for in Chapter 8?
4. Who tells Agba that the mare is made of wind?
5. Why does Agba give the mare special treatment?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)