|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Agba see the mare doing when he wakes in Chapter 3?
(a) Eating corn.
(b) Drying her newborn foal.
(c) Giving birth.
2. Which horse wins the race in the Prologue?
(b) Sir Barton.
(c) Man o' War.
(d) The race is a tie.
3. What happens to the mare in Chapter 4?
(a) She dies.
(b) She breaks her leg.
(c) She wins a race.
(d) She is sold.
4. Who is Signor Achmet?
(a) The Sultan's Chief Chef.
(b) The Sultan's Chief of the Grooms.
(c) The Sultan's Chief of the Guards.
(d) Agba's uncle.
5. Which horse is Man o' War racing?
(a) Big Red.
(b) Sir Riddle.
(c) Sir Barton.
6. Where are the horses racing in the Prologue?
(a) Kenilworth Park.
(b) Gog Magogg.
7. What does Agba think the Sultan looks like?
(a) A satin pillow.
(b) A sweet potato.
(c) The wild boar.
(d) A camel.
8. Why does Agba give the mare special treatment?
(a) He loves her.
(b) Signor Achmet pays him to do so.
(c) She is his horse.
(d) Because she is the most beautiful horse in the herd.
9. What does the Sultan give each horse?
(a) A new saddle.
(b) A kiss.
(c) A new blanket emblazoned with the royal crest.
(d) A bag.
10. What is desirable about Sham's neck?
(a) His good luck mark can be seen when he is running.
(b) It is long and stretches nicely when he is running.
(c) It arches well.
(d) It is short and stocky, indicating strength.
11. Why doesn't the mare eat the corn Agba brings her in Chapter 2?
(a) She is too tired.
(b) Another horse steals the corn.
(c) The corn is spoiled.
(d) She is a picky eater.
12. What command does Signor Achmet give Agba in Chapter 1?
(a) Stay with the mare until she begins her labor.
(b) Go before the Sultan.
(c) Spend less time with the mare.
(d) Eat with the rest of the stable boys.
13. What promise does Agba make to the foal?
(a) To avenge his mother's death.
(b) To buy him back.
(c) To be his father and care for him.
(d) To search for a new mare.
14. What natural skill does Sham possess?
(a) He knows what Sham is thinking.
(b) He can escape any stall.
(c) He can outrun all the other horses.
(d) He can jump higher than all the other horses.
15. Why is the Sultan pleased with Agba's silence?
(a) He knows he can control Agba.
(b) It demonstrates that Agba will be obedient.
(c) It demonstrates that Agba is respectful.
(d) He knows Agba cannot tell any tales or palace secrets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Agba speak to the Sultan?
2. Why does the camel driver help Agba?
3. What does Agba pray for in Chapter 5?
4. Who gives the Sultan's horses amulets?
5. How does Signor Achmet react to the boar's squeal in Chapter 4?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)