|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sham fitted for in Chapter 8?
(a) A new saddle.
(b) A new bridle.
(d) A new blanket.
2. What animal does the mare once outrun?
(a) A cheetah.
(b) A leopard.
(c) A gazelle.
(d) A camel.
3. In Chapter 4, what does Agba look for outside the palace walls?
(a) A goat.
(c) A nursing mare.
(d) A camel.
4. Why does the cook sell Sham?
(a) The king orders the sale.
(b) To punish Agba.
(c) Sham is too disobedient.
(d) The cook has too many debts.
5. What command does Signor Achmet give Agba in Chapter 1?
(a) Go before the Sultan.
(b) Eat with the rest of the stable boys.
(c) Stay with the mare until she begins her labor.
(d) Spend less time with the mare.
6. What promise does Agba make to the foal?
(a) To avenge his mother's death.
(b) To buy him back.
(c) To be his father and care for him.
(d) To search for a new mare.
7. Why doesn't Agba immediately tell anyone about the foal's birth?
(a) He enjoys watching the new foal and his favorite mare.
(b) The foal is only one of a thousand born that year.
(c) He is afriad the foal is dying.
(d) He is too tired to get up.
8. Where does Agba fall asleep at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) In the straw.
(b) Outside the stables.
(c) On a table.
(d) In his cot.
9. What do the two signs on the foal signify?
(a) The foal will bless the stables with his presence.
(b) The foal will die shortly after birth.
(c) The foal is destined to be a great racehorse.
(d) The foal will experience both good and bad luck.
10. How does the Sultan test a new saber?
(a) By cutting off the heads of a thousand people.
(b) By cutting off the heads of a thousand animals.
(c) By cutting off the head of a stable boy.
(d) By cutting off a thousand branches.
11. Which horse is Man o' War racing?
(a) Sir Riddle.
(b) Big Red.
(d) Sir Barton.
12. Why is Agba afraid to appear before the Sultan?
(a) The Sultan might have sold him.
(b) He knows he is guilty.
(c) He is afraid he will die.
(d) He cannot find the mare.
13. What is the meaning of the Arabic name Sham?
14. Who is Man 'o War's owner?
(a) Mr. Barton.
(b) The Sultan of Morocco.
(c) The Earl of Godolphin.
(d) Mr. Riddle.
15. What advice does Man 'o War's trainer give the jockey?
(a) Don't let him slow down.
(b) Let him run his own race.
(c) Keep control of him.
(d) Hold those reins tight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the King decide to do with the Moroccan horses?
2. What must Agba do before he can approach the Sultan?
3. What happens to the mare in Chapter 4?
4. What is desirable about Sham's neck?
5. Which country does Man o' War represent?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)