|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the mark that Agba discovers located on the new foal?
(a) On the foal's forehead.
(b) On the foal's flank.
(c) On the foal's neck.
(d) On the foal's heel.
2. What does the camel driver give Agba?
(d) Camel's milk and honey.
3. Who tells Agba that the mare is made of wind?
(a) An old woman.
(b) The Sultan.
(c) Signor Achmet.
(d) An old man.
4. In Chapter 2, how does Agba prepare a bed for the mare?
(a) He piles straw and leaves on the floor of the stable.
(b) He sweeps the floor clean and lays down a fresh blanket.
(c) He pours buckets of sand on the floor and covers the sand with hay.
(d) He places an old blanket over a generous pile of hay.
5. Why does the Sultan want Signor Achmet to select six horses and six horse boys?
(a) To race.
(b) To test his new saber.
(c) To sell.
(d) To send as a gift to the new King of France.
6. What is Man 'o War's nickname?
(a) Sir Barton.
(b) Sir Riddle.
(c) Big Red.
7. What does Agba pray for in Chapter 5?
(a) A new master.
(c) Sham's well-being.
(d) The mare.
8. What do the two signs on the foal signify?
(a) The foal will bless the stables with his presence.
(b) The foal will die shortly after birth.
(c) The foal will experience both good and bad luck.
(d) The foal is destined to be a great racehorse.
9. How long does it take for Signor Achmet, the horses, and the stable boys to sail to France?
(a) Four weeks.
(b) Four months.
(c) Six months.
(d) Twelve weeks.
10. Which horse wins the race in the Prologue?
(a) The race is a tie.
(b) Sir Barton.
(c) Man o' War.
11. In Chapter 2, when does Agba eat his meal?
(a) After he has fed his mare.
(b) Before he feeds his horses.
(c) He does not get to eat.
(d) After he has fed all of his horses.
12. How many horses does the Sultan own?
(a) Twelve thousand.
(b) Twelve hundred.
(c) Twenty Thousand.
(d) Two hundred.
13. What does the Duke advise the King to do with the Moroccan horses?
(a) Send them to the circus.
(b) Assign them to transport goods for the army.
(c) Send all but one back to Morocco.
(d) Sell them to the King of Spain.
14. What do the stable boys do aboard the ship bound for France?
(a) Pray for their horses.
(b) Tend their horses.
(c) Man the heavy sails on stormy seas.
(d) Sit below the deck.
15. Which country does Man o' War represent?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which horse is Man o' War racing?
2. What does the King decide to do with the Moroccan horses?
3. Who leads the procession to the city limits in Chapter 9?
4. What does the Sultan give each horse?
5. Why do Man 'o War's fans want him to race at Newmarket?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)