|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has the captain of the ship put inside the horses' feed sacks?
2. What does the wild boar behind the stables do in Chapter 3?
(b) Escapes his pen.
(d) Grunts and coughs.
3. In Chapter 11, what does Signor Achmet give Agba before he leaves?
(a) Sham's bag.
(b) A handshake.
(c) An embrace.
(d) A letter for the King of Morocco.
4. What animal does the mare once outrun?
(a) A camel.
(b) A leopard.
(c) A gazelle.
(d) A cheetah.
5. In Chapter 4, what does Agba look for outside the palace walls?
(a) A camel.
(b) A goat.
(c) A nursing mare.
6. Whom does Sham seek for comfort?
(a) Signor Achmet.
(b) The mare.
(d) The wild boar.
7. Where does the cook sell Sham?
(a) Behind the royal stables.
(b) At the Thieves' Kitchen.
(c) At the docks.
(d) In the market square.
8. Why does Signor Achmet scold Agba in Chapter 2?
(a) Agba is too slow in performing his tasks.
(b) Agba has used too much sand and hay in the mare's bed.
(c) Agba did not have permission to use a new blanket.
(d) Agba is spending too much time with the mare again.
9. Where does Agba fall asleep at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) In the straw.
(b) In his cot.
(c) Outside the stables.
(d) On a table.
10. Which famous horse is Man o' War descended from?
(a) The Godolphin Arabian.
(b) Big Red.
(d) Sir Barton.
11. What is Man 'o War's nickname?
(a) Sir Barton.
(c) Sir Riddle.
(d) Big Red.
12. What does Agba pray for in Chapter 5?
(b) Sham's well-being.
(c) The mare.
(d) A new master.
13. How does Signor Achmet react to the boar's squeal in Chapter 4?
(a) He shouts at the boar.
(b) He throws a rock at the boar.
(c) He makes the wheat ear sign.
(d) He prays that the boar will absorb any evil spirits.
14. Who is Agba supposed to alert about the foal's birth?
(b) Signor Achmet.
(c) The stable boys.
(d) The Sultan.
15. Who is Man 'o War's owner?
(a) The Earl of Godolphin.
(b) Mr. Riddle.
(c) The Sultan of Morocco.
(d) Mr. Barton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What information does the scribe include in the Sultan's letter?
2. How long does it take for Signor Achmet, the horses, and the stable boys to sail to France?
3. Why do Man 'o War's fans want him to race at Newmarket?
4. Why is the Sultan pleased with Agba's silence?
5. Which country does Man o' War represent?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)