|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What promise does Agba make to the foal?
(a) To avenge his mother's death.
(b) To search for a new mare.
(c) To buy him back.
(d) To be his father and care for him.
2. Which country does Sir Barton represent?
3. How do the other colts in the stables treat Sham?
(a) They steal his portion of corn.
(b) They reject him.
(c) They bite him.
(d) They follow his lead.
4. What happens to the mare in Chapter 4?
(a) She is sold.
(b) She breaks her leg.
(c) She wins a race.
(d) She dies.
5. What information does the scribe include in the Sultan's letter?
(a) The price of the horses and their boys is not negotiable.
(b) The horses are to return to Morocco after 20 years.
(c) The stable boys are to return to Morocco when their horses die.
(d) The Sultan will wage war on anyone who steals a horse.
6. Why doesn't Agba eat with the other stable boys?
(a) Agba has given his ration to the mare.
(b) They do not like Agba.
(c) Agba does not like the other stable boys.
(d) He tends to his mare's needs before his own.
7. What prophecy does Signor Achmet make in Chapter 5?
(a) The foal will live.
(b) The new moon will bring them all good luck.
(c) The foal will become a champion racehorse.
(d) The foal will bless the stables.
8. Where does Agba fall asleep at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) On a table.
(b) In the straw.
(c) In his cot.
(d) Outside the stables.
9. What does the King decide to do with the Moroccan horses?
(a) Sell them to the King of Spain.
(b) Send them to the circus.
(c) Send them all back to Morocco.
(d) Send five horses to the army and keep one for his Cheif Cook.
10. Where does the cook sell Sham?
(a) Behind the royal stables.
(b) At the docks.
(c) In the market square.
(d) At the Thieves' Kitchen.
11. What does the wild boar behind the stables do in Chapter 3?
(b) Escapes his pen.
(d) Grunts and coughs.
12. Why does Agba measure Sham in Chapter 8?
(a) For a new saddle.
(b) To make sure his new stall is large enough.
(c) To compare him to other horses in the Sultan's stable.
(d) For a new blanket.
13. Why does the camel driver help Agba?
(a) Agba promises to pay.
(b) To gain favor from the Sultan.
(c) He loves horses.
(d) Because he likes Agba.
14. What is the significance of the mark Agba discovers on the new foal?
(a) The foal will be swift.
(b) The foal will be unlucky.
(c) The foal will be a good jumper.
(d) The foal will be strong.
15. What animal does the mare once outrun?
(a) A cheetah.
(b) A leopard.
(c) A gazelle.
(d) A camel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Man 'o War's owner want to do with the horse?
2. What is the meaning of the Arabic name Sham?
3. What country does Agba live in?
4. Why doesn't the mare eat the corn Agba brings her in Chapter 2?
5. What do the horses and their stable boys look like to the Duke when they arrive in France?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)