|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What command does Signor Achmet give Agba in Chapter 1?
(a) Stay with the mare until she begins her labor.
(b) Spend less time with the mare.
(c) Go before the Sultan.
(d) Eat with the rest of the stable boys.
2. Which famous horse is Man o' War descended from?
(a) Sir Barton.
(b) The Godolphin Arabian.
(c) Big Red.
3. What does the new moon represent to Agba?
(a) A favorable sign for the mare's unborn foal.
(b) The beginning of a new life.
(c) A bad omen for the mare's unborn foal.
(d) A chance to escape the Sultan.
4. Who tells Agba he must appear before the Sultan?
(a) Signor Achmet.
(b) The Sultan's second wife.
(c) Another stable boy.
(d) The Chief Guard.
5. In Chapter 8, what does Agba pack for his journey?
(a) Extra blankets.
(b) A knife and his amulets.
(c) A camel hair rub-rag and a leather water pouch.
(d) A cloak and a flask of wine.
6. Why doesn't the mare eat the corn Agba brings her in Chapter 2?
(a) She is a picky eater.
(b) Another horse steals the corn.
(c) The corn is spoiled.
(d) She is too tired.
7. What does Agba think the Sultan looks like?
(a) A sweet potato.
(b) The wild boar.
(c) A satin pillow.
(d) A camel.
8. What must Agba do before he can approach the Sultan?
(a) Pray and present an offering.
(b) Shave his head and bathe.
(c) Clean Sham's stall.
(d) Locate the mare.
9. Why does the cook sell Sham?
(a) The king orders the sale.
(b) Sham is too disobedient.
(c) To punish Agba.
(d) The cook has too many debts.
10. How long does it take for Signor Achmet, the horses, and the stable boys to sail to France?
(a) Twelve weeks.
(b) Four weeks.
(c) Four months.
(d) Six months.
11. How do the other colts in the stables treat Sham?
(a) They bite him.
(b) They steal his portion of corn.
(c) They reject him.
(d) They follow his lead.
12. What aspect of the foal does Agba point out to Signor Achmet?
(a) His long neck.
(b) The white spot on his heel.
(c) His healthy coat and active behavior.
(d) His long legs.
13. Why is Agba startled by Signor Achmet's appearance in Chapter 4?
(a) Signor Achmet never comes to the stables at night.
(b) Singor Achmet rarely bothers to see newborn foals.
(c) He expects to be in trouble for not reporting the foal's birth.
(d) He was asleep.
14. What does the Duke advise the King to do with the Moroccan horses?
(a) Send all but one back to Morocco.
(b) Sell them to the King of Spain.
(c) Assign them to transport goods for the army.
(d) Send them to the circus.
15. What does Man 'o War's owner want to do with the horse?
(a) Destroy him.
(b) Retire him.
(c) Allow him to run one more race.
(d) Sell him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the meaning of the Arabic name Sham?
2. Whom does Sham seek for comfort?
3. What is Sham fitted for in Chapter 8?
4. What is the significance of the mark Agba discovers on the new foal?
5. What does Agba pray for in Chapter 5?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)