|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sham fitted for in Chapter 8?
(a) A new blanket.
(b) A new bridle.
(d) A new saddle.
2. Why doesn't the French King's adviser want to see the horses from Morocco?
(a) He is afraid of horses.
(b) He is busy with important affairs of state.
(c) The King of France already has a hundred horses in his stables.
(d) He dislikes the odor of the stables.
3. Where is Sham sent in Chapter 11?
(a) To the royal stables.
(b) To Morocco.
(c) To the army.
(d) To Spain.
4. Why is Agba startled by Signor Achmet's appearance in Chapter 4?
(a) He was asleep.
(b) Singor Achmet rarely bothers to see newborn foals.
(c) He expects to be in trouble for not reporting the foal's birth.
(d) Signor Achmet never comes to the stables at night.
5. How does Agba's society explain unusual occurrences?
(a) Through scientific observation.
(b) With reason and logic.
(c) By consulting the elders.
(d) Through signs and superstitions.
6. Why doesn't Man 'o War's owner want him to race at Newmarket?
(a) Because Man 'o War does not need to prove his pedigree.
(b) Because Man 'o War is too old to race again.
(c) The expense of the Newmarket race would outweigh any gain.
(d) The journey to England would be too much for the horse.
7. What does the Sultan ask Agba?
(a) His name.
(b) The mare's location.
(c) Sham's location.
(d) To kneel.
8. What happens to the mare in Chapter 4?
(a) She dies.
(b) She breaks her leg.
(c) She is sold.
(d) She wins a race.
9. Why does Signor Achmet scold Agba in Chapter 2?
(a) Agba is spending too much time with the mare again.
(b) Agba has used too much sand and hay in the mare's bed.
(c) Agba is too slow in performing his tasks.
(d) Agba did not have permission to use a new blanket.
10. How do the other colts in the stables treat Sham?
(a) They reject him.
(b) They steal his portion of corn.
(c) They follow his lead.
(d) They bite him.
11. Why is Agba worried about the mare he tends?
(a) She is pregnant and not feeling well.
(b) She will soon be sent to France.
(c) She has a lame leg.
(d) Bad omens bode ill for the mare's foal.
12. What animal does the mare once outrun?
(a) A cheetah.
(b) A camel.
(c) A gazelle.
(d) A leopard.
13. Who tells Agba he must appear before the Sultan?
(a) The Sultan's second wife.
(b) Signor Achmet.
(c) The Chief Guard.
(d) Another stable boy.
14. Which famous horse is Man o' War descended from?
(b) The Godolphin Arabian.
(c) Big Red.
(d) Sir Barton.
15. What does the Sultan give each horse?
(a) A kiss.
(b) A new saddle.
(c) A new blanket emblazoned with the royal crest.
(d) A bag.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Agba fall asleep at the end of Chapter 2?
2. What does Agba think the Sultan looks like?
3. Who is Signor Achmet?
4. Why does the Sultan want Signor Achmet to select six horses and six horse boys?
5. Why does the camel driver help Agba?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)