|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't the French King's adviser want to see the horses from Morocco?
(a) He dislikes the odor of the stables.
(b) He is busy with important affairs of state.
(c) He is afraid of horses.
(d) The King of France already has a hundred horses in his stables.
2. What does Agba see the mare doing when he wakes in Chapter 3?
(a) Eating corn.
(b) Drying her newborn foal.
(d) Giving birth.
3. Why doesn't Agba speak to the Sultan?
(a) He is crying too hard to speak.
(b) He is mute.
(c) He is petrified with fear.
(d) He was told to remain silent.
4. Who is Man 'o War's owner?
(a) Mr. Barton.
(b) The Sultan of Morocco.
(c) The Earl of Godolphin.
(d) Mr. Riddle.
5. Why is the wild boar kept behind the Sultan's stables?
(a) He is the Sultan's pet.
(b) To warn against intruders.
(c) To keep evil spirits away from the horses.
(d) For food.
6. Who tells Agba that the mare is made of wind?
(a) Signor Achmet.
(b) An old man.
(c) The Sultan.
(d) An old woman.
7. Where does the cook sell Sham?
(a) Behind the royal stables.
(b) In the market square.
(c) At the docks.
(d) At the Thieves' Kitchen.
8. Which horse is Man o' War racing?
(b) Big Red.
(c) Sir Riddle.
(d) Sir Barton.
9. How do the other colts in the stables treat Sham?
(a) They reject him.
(b) They follow his lead.
(c) They steal his portion of corn.
(d) They bite him.
10. What does Bishop Fleury advise the King to do with the Moroccan horses?
(a) Sell them to the King of Spain.
(b) Assign them to transport goods for the army.
(c) Assign them to transport goods for the army.
(d) Send them to the circus.
11. Where is the mark that Agba discovers located on the new foal?
(a) On the foal's neck.
(b) On the foal's heel.
(c) On the foal's flank.
(d) On the foal's forehead.
12. What does Agba pray for in Chapter 5?
(a) Sham's well-being.
(b) A new master.
(c) The mare.
13. What does the King decide to do with the Moroccan horses?
(a) Send five horses to the army and keep one for his Cheif Cook.
(b) Send them to the circus.
(c) Send them all back to Morocco.
(d) Sell them to the King of Spain.
14. Which country does Man o' War represent?
15. What is the meaning of the Arabic name Sham?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Agba think the Sultan looks like?
2. What prophecy does Signor Achmet make in Chapter 5?
3. Who gives the Sultan's horses amulets?
4. What do the stable boys do aboard the ship bound for France?
5. Why doesn't Signor Achmet think the mare's milk will be of use to the foal?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)