|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Man 'o War's owner?
(a) Mr. Barton.
(b) Mr. Riddle.
(c) The Earl of Godolphin.
(d) The Sultan of Morocco.
2. Who tells Agba that the mare is made of wind?
(a) An old woman.
(b) An old man.
(c) Signor Achmet.
(d) The Sultan.
3. What does the camel driver give Agba?
(d) Camel's milk and honey.
4. Why does Agba stay close to the mare in Chapter 2?
(a) The Sultan ordered him to stay near his horses.
(b) Because he loves her.
(c) He is lonely and has nowhere else to go.
(d) The stables are warmer than his shack.
5. Which horse wins the race in the Prologue?
(a) The race is a tie.
(b) Man o' War.
(c) Sir Barton.
6. What is Man 'o War's nickname?
(a) Big Red.
(b) Sir Barton.
(c) Sir Riddle.
7. Why doesn't Agba eat with the other stable boys?
(a) They do not like Agba.
(b) Agba has given his ration to the mare.
(c) He tends to his mare's needs before his own.
(d) Agba does not like the other stable boys.
8. What command does Signor Achmet give Agba in Chapter 1?
(a) Spend less time with the mare.
(b) Go before the Sultan.
(c) Eat with the rest of the stable boys.
(d) Stay with the mare until she begins her labor.
9. Why does the camel driver help Agba?
(a) To gain favor from the Sultan.
(b) He loves horses.
(c) Agba promises to pay.
(d) Because he likes Agba.
10. Why is Agba startled by Signor Achmet's appearance in Chapter 4?
(a) He expects to be in trouble for not reporting the foal's birth.
(b) Singor Achmet rarely bothers to see newborn foals.
(c) Signor Achmet never comes to the stables at night.
(d) He was asleep.
11. Why doesn't Agba immediately tell anyone about the foal's birth?
(a) He is afriad the foal is dying.
(b) The foal is only one of a thousand born that year.
(c) He is too tired to get up.
(d) He enjoys watching the new foal and his favorite mare.
12. What is the significance of the mark Agba discovers on the new foal?
(a) The foal will be unlucky.
(b) The foal will be a good jumper.
(c) The foal will be strong.
(d) The foal will be swift.
13. What natural skill does Sham possess?
(a) He can outrun all the other horses.
(b) He can jump higher than all the other horses.
(c) He knows what Sham is thinking.
(d) He can escape any stall.
14. What is the wheat ear?
(a) A pattern of clouds.
(b) Food for the horses.
(c) A hand sign made by Signor Achmet to ward off evil.
(d) A hair pattern on the foal that resembles a ripened beard of wheat.
15. What happens to the mare in Chapter 4?
(a) She dies.
(b) She is sold.
(c) She wins a race.
(d) She breaks her leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the horses and their stable boys look like to the Duke when they arrive in France?
2. What does the Sultan ask Agba?
3. In Chapter 11, what does Signor Achmet give Agba before he leaves?
4. Where is the mark that Agba discovers located on the new foal?
5. Why does Agba give the mare special treatment?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)