|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sham fitted for in Chapter 8?
(b) A new bridle.
(c) A new saddle.
(d) A new blanket.
2. Who leads the procession to the city limits in Chapter 9?
(c) The Sultan.
(d) Signor Achmet.
3. What does Bishop Fleury advise the King to do with the Moroccan horses?
(a) Sell them to the King of Spain.
(b) Assign them to transport goods for the army.
(c) Send them to the circus.
(d) Assign them to transport goods for the army.
4. What information does the scribe include in the Sultan's letter?
(a) The stable boys are to return to Morocco when their horses die.
(b) The Sultan will wage war on anyone who steals a horse.
(c) The price of the horses and their boys is not negotiable.
(d) The horses are to return to Morocco after 20 years.
5. What has the captain of the ship put inside the horses' feed sacks?
6. What promise does Agba make to the foal?
(a) To be his father and care for him.
(b) To buy him back.
(c) To search for a new mare.
(d) To avenge his mother's death.
7. What does the wheat ear signify?
(a) Evil and ill luck for the foal.
(b) Health and strength.
(c) Good luck for the foal and the stables.
(d) It wards off evil.
8. What does the King decide to do with the Moroccan horses?
(a) Send them all back to Morocco.
(b) Send them to the circus.
(c) Sell them to the King of Spain.
(d) Send five horses to the army and keep one for his Cheif Cook.
9. Who is Signor Achmet?
(a) The Sultan's Chief of the Guards.
(b) Agba's uncle.
(c) The Sultan's Chief of the Grooms.
(d) The Sultan's Chief Chef.
10. Which horse wins the race in the Prologue?
(a) The race is a tie.
(c) Sir Barton.
(d) Man o' War.
11. Why doesn't Agba immediately tell anyone about the foal's birth?
(a) He is afriad the foal is dying.
(b) The foal is only one of a thousand born that year.
(c) He is too tired to get up.
(d) He enjoys watching the new foal and his favorite mare.
12. Which horse is Man o' War racing?
(b) Sir Barton.
(c) Sir Riddle.
(d) Big Red.
13. Who gives the Sultan's horses amulets?
(a) The Sultan.
(b) The Sultan's first wife.
(d) Signor Achmet.
14. What do the horses and their stable boys look like to the Duke when they arrive in France?
(a) Graceful gazelles.
(b) Angry bears.
(c) Exotic circus performers.
(d) Skin and bones.
15. How long does it take for Signor Achmet, the horses, and the stable boys to sail to France?
(a) Six months.
(b) Four weeks.
(c) Four months.
(d) Twelve weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Signor Achmet instruct Agba to do when the mare begins her labor?
2. In Chapter 11, what does Signor Achmet give Agba before he leaves?
3. Why doesn't Signor Achmet think the mare's milk will be of use to the foal?
4. What must Agba do before he can approach the Sultan?
5. Why is Agba afraid to appear before the Sultan?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)