Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Prologue
1. What advice does Big Red's trainer give the horse's jockey, and why?
2. How does Big Red win the race in Kenilworth Park against Sir Barton?
3. Why do Mr. Riddle's friends want him to send Big Red to England?
4. Why does Mr. Riddle decide to retire Big Red?
Short Essay Question - Chapter 1
5. Describe Agba.
6. How does the Sultan anger Agba in Chapter 1?
7. Why doesn't Agba break his fast with the other stable boys?
This section contains 735 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)