|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What command does Signor Achmet give Agba in Chapter 1?
(a) Go before the Sultan.
(b) Spend less time with the mare.
(c) Stay with the mare until she begins her labor.
(d) Eat with the rest of the stable boys.
2. Why is the mare described as being like the wind?
(a) The wind cannot be tamed.
(b) She is beautiful.
(c) She is fast.
(d) The wind is fierce.
3. What does the Sultan ask Agba?
(a) To kneel.
(b) Sham's location.
(c) His name.
(d) The mare's location.
4. What has the captain of the ship put inside the horses' feed sacks?
5. What does Agba think the Sultan looks like?
(a) The wild boar.
(b) A sweet potato.
(c) A camel.
(d) A satin pillow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the wheat ear signify?
2. What does Agba eat while in prison?
3. In Chapter 8, what does Agba pack for his journey?
4. Who leads the procession to the city limits in Chapter 9?
5. Which horse wins the race in the Prologue?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)