|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the camel driver help Agba?
(a) To gain favor from the Sultan.
(b) He loves horses.
(c) Agba promises to pay.
(d) Because he likes Agba.
2. What is desirable about Sham's neck?
(a) It is short and stocky, indicating strength.
(b) It arches well.
(c) His good luck mark can be seen when he is running.
(d) It is long and stretches nicely when he is running.
3. Who is Agba supposed to alert about the foal's birth?
(a) Signor Achmet.
(c) The stable boys.
(d) The Sultan.
4. Where does Agba fall asleep at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) Outside the stables.
(b) On a table.
(c) In his cot.
(d) In the straw.
5. When does the foal begin to nurse from the mare?
(a) Almost immediately.
(b) After a few failed attempts to stand.
(c) He never nurses from his mother.
(d) The next morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prophecy does Signor Achmet make in Chapter 5?
2. Why doesn't Agba immediately tell anyone about the foal's birth?
3. Who owns the horses that Agba tends?
4. What happens to the mare in Chapter 4?
5. What does the new moon represent to Agba?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)