|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the mare in Chapter 4?
(a) She dies.
(b) She is sold.
(c) She wins a race.
(d) She breaks her leg.
2. Why does Agba give the mare special treatment?
(a) Signor Achmet pays him to do so.
(b) She is his horse.
(c) He loves her.
(d) Because she is the most beautiful horse in the herd.
3. What does Agba see the mare doing when he wakes in Chapter 3?
(a) Giving birth.
(b) Drying her newborn foal.
(d) Eating corn.
4. Where is the mark that Agba discovers located on the new foal?
(a) On the foal's flank.
(b) On the foal's neck.
(c) On the foal's heel.
(d) On the foal's forehead.
5. Why doesn't Agba speak to the Sultan?
(a) He is petrified with fear.
(b) He is crying too hard to speak.
(c) He is mute.
(d) He was told to remain silent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Agba feed the foal in Chapter 5?
2. Which country does Man o' War represent?
3. Why does the Sultan want Signor Achmet to select six horses and six horse boys?
4. What is the meaning of the Arabic name Sham?
5. In Chapter 3, what does Agba see when he awakens?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)