|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Signor Achmet think the mare's milk will be of use to the foal?
(a) The mare is weak and will die soon.
(b) The foal is too weak to nurse.
(c) The foal will be sent to another stable the next day.
(d) He believes that sweetened camel's milk is better.
2. Where is the mark that Agba discovers located on the new foal?
(a) On the foal's neck.
(b) On the foal's forehead.
(c) On the foal's heel.
(d) On the foal's flank.
3. What does the wheat ear signify?
(a) Good luck for the foal and the stables.
(b) Evil and ill luck for the foal.
(c) It wards off evil.
(d) Health and strength.
4. What natural skill does Sham possess?
(a) He can escape any stall.
(b) He can outrun all the other horses.
(c) He can jump higher than all the other horses.
(d) He knows what Sham is thinking.
5. What special treatment does Agba show the mare?
(a) He spends more time currying her than his other horses.
(b) He sneaks her treats during the day.
(c) He gives her spring water from a bucket.
(d) He talks to her gently.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which horse is Man o' War racing?
2. How does the Sultan test a new saber?
3. What does Agba see the mare doing when he wakes in Chapter 3?
4. Why does Agba measure Sham in Chapter 8?
5. What is the significance of the mark Agba discovers on the new foal?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)