|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Agba startled by Signor Achmet's appearance in Chapter 4?
(a) Singor Achmet rarely bothers to see newborn foals.
(b) Signor Achmet never comes to the stables at night.
(c) He was asleep.
(d) He expects to be in trouble for not reporting the foal's birth.
2. What command does Signor Achmet give Agba in Chapter 1?
(a) Eat with the rest of the stable boys.
(b) Stay with the mare until she begins her labor.
(c) Go before the Sultan.
(d) Spend less time with the mare.
3. What natural skill does Sham possess?
(a) He knows what Sham is thinking.
(b) He can escape any stall.
(c) He can jump higher than all the other horses.
(d) He can outrun all the other horses.
4. What does the wheat ear signify?
(a) Health and strength.
(b) It wards off evil.
(c) Evil and ill luck for the foal.
(d) Good luck for the foal and the stables.
5. What special treatment does Agba show the mare?
(a) He spends more time currying her than his other horses.
(b) He gives her spring water from a bucket.
(c) He talks to her gently.
(d) He sneaks her treats during the day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Man 'o War's fans want him to race at Newmarket?
2. Which country does Sir Barton represent?
3. Who is Signor Achmet?
4. Which horse is Man o' War racing?
5. What does the Sultan ask Agba?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)