• Big Red, also known as Man 'o War, prepares to race against Triple Crown champion Sir Barton.
• Big Red's trainer reminds the jockey to let the horse run his own race.
• Big Red wins the race.
• Friends urge Mr. Riddle, Big Red's owner, to send the horse to England to run in the famous Newmarket races.
• The reader discovers that Big Red was excluded from the British Stud Book because he is not a thoroughbred.
• Much to everyone's disappointment, Mr. Riddle announces Big Red's retirement.
• Mr. Riddle explains his decision to retire Big Red by telling the story of the Godolphin Arabian.
• In Morocco, a stable boy named Agba cares for an expectant mare in the Sultan's stables.
• The Sultan has declared that his horses will also fast for Ramadan, and Agba is concerned for the mare's health.
• After sunset, the other stable boys...
This section contains 1,825 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)