|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does a day laborer flash a sign to ward evil at Nat?
(a) The laborer does that for good luck.
(b) The laborer mistook Nat for someone else.
(c) The laborer thinks Shakespeare is a warlock.
(d) The laborer thinks Nat is a witch.
2. About what does Nat yearn to tell the group?
(a) The dangers of dirt.
(b) The advancements of the 20th century.
(c) His parents' deaths.
(d) His younger sister's acting.
3. About what does Sam Gilbourne ask Nat?
(a) The Queen's interview.
(b) Nat's school.
(c) Nat's father.
(d) Nat's brother.
4. With what does Burbage paint Nat's body?
(a) Red paint to represent the devil.
(b) A symbol of the actor's guild.
(c) Green leaves.
(d) Egg whites so Nat glimmers.
5. How does Nat feel about Shakespeare when the man is on the stage?
(a) Nat thinks Shakespeare is not as good an actor as writer.
(b) In awe of Shakespeare.
(c) Nat thinks Shakespeare is arrogant on the stage.
(d) Nat thinks Shakespeare should just act and not write.
6. What does Nick Tooley ask Nat about Nat's aunt?
(a) If she is a wise woman.
(b) If she is an actor.
(c) If she is married.
(d) If she is his dad's sister.
7. Why is Shakespeare nervous as he dresses himself in Chapter 13?
(a) It is the day that the Queen is to attend the Globe.
(b) He has an audience with the King.
(c) He is not nervous, just dressing more carefully.
(d) Nat has to go back to St. Paul's the next day.
8. Why do Gil and Rachel believe Nat's tale about his trip to an earlier time?
(a) The coin Nat has.
(b) The sonnet Nat has that is penned in Shakespeare's own hand.
(c) The details Nat supplies and the green leaf.
(d) They do not believe him.
9. What particularly disgusts Nat about the Queen?
(a) Her enjoyment of obvious flattery.
(b) Her body odor.
(c) Her rotten teeth.
(d) Her mean remarks.
10. How many books mention the earlier Nat Field?
11. What play does Shakespeare write after his brief encounter with Nat?
(b) "The Tempest'.
(c) "As You Like It".
(d) "All's Well that Ends Well".
12. What does Shakespeare read to Nat?
(a) A sonnet.
(b) Part of his new play called Hamlet.
(c) A letter from the Queen.
(d) A letter to his son Shakespeare wrote just before the son dies.
13. Who is Sam Gilbourne dressed to resemble?
(a) Queen Elizabeth.
(b) Catherine of Aragon.
(c) Anne Boleyn.
(d) Shakespeare's wife.
14. What is Nat's impression of the Queen?
(a) She is incredibly beautiful.
(b) She is not as beautiful as he expects.
(c) She is cruel.
(d) She is very short.
15. Who is Richard Babage?
(b) Aunt Jen's boyfriend.
(c) Shakespeare's brother-in-law.
(d) Nat's uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who escorts Nat and Shakespeare home?
2. When do they think Nat will be released from the hospital?
3. Where is Nat in the dream he has?
4. Where does Jennifer come from to go to Guy's hospital?
5. What explanation is there for why Nat Field did not see Shakespeare again?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)