|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nick Tooley ask Nat about Nat's aunt?
(a) If she is a wise woman.
(b) If she is his dad's sister.
(c) If she is an actor.
(d) If she is married.
2. What explanation is there for why Nat Field did not see Shakespeare again?
(a) The real Nat Field of that era never met Shakespeare.
(b) They are not sure why.
(c) Shakespeare dies before Nat graduates from St. Paul's.
(d) Nat was offered a spot in a more prestigious group.
3. What does Nat worry about as far as St. Paul's school is concerned?
(a) That the school will cease to exist if Nat creates a paradox.
(b) That he'll return there and no one will recognize him.
(c) That he will take the plague to the school.
(d) That the school will reopen before Nat gets back to his time.
4. Why might someone try to harm the Queen at the play?
(a) She is heirless.
(b) She just executed several popular people.
(c) She is a tyrant.
(d) She just passed some very restrictive laws.
5. What does Nat ask if he can do when he graduates St. Paul's?
(a) Become a page.
(b) Join the actor's company.
(c) Become a squire.
(d) Be Shakespeare's secretary.
6. What does Gil want to do after hearing Nat's story?
(a) Look in the history books to learn about the earlier Nat.
(b) Tell someone in the scientific community to try to get an explanation.
(c) Have Nat write down the sonnet Shakespeare wrote for Nat.
(d) Get Nat some counseling.
7. About what does Nat tell Gil from his time with Shakespeare?
(a) About Shakespeare's son.
(b) About the sonnet Shakespeare gives Nat.
(c) About Shakespeare's political involvments.
(d) About Shakespeare's wonderful wife.
8. What does the audience yell at Nat as he is playing Puck?
(a) A warning about a mistake Puck is about to make.
(b) Go home.
9. With what does Burbage paint Nat's body?
(a) A symbol of the actor's guild.
(b) Egg whites so Nat glimmers.
(c) Red paint to represent the devil.
(d) Green leaves.
10. What do Gil and Rachel realize is a result of the swap of the two Nats?
(a) There's more information about that time.
(b) Nat can act just as Shakespeare directed him.
(c) Nat can become a Shakespeare expert.
(d) Shakespeare does not contract the plague and die.
11. What does Aunt Jen do when she sees Nat?
(b) Tousles Nat's hair.
(c) Nothing as she is not there.
12. Why does a day laborer flash a sign to ward evil at Nat?
(a) The laborer thinks Shakespeare is a warlock.
(b) The laborer mistook Nat for someone else.
(c) The laborer does that for good luck.
(d) The laborer thinks Nat is a witch.
13. Who visits Nat at the Fisher's home?
(a) The whole Company of Boys.
(b) Just Rachel.
(c) Gil and Rachel.
(d) Just Arby.
14. What does the flag flying over the Globe indicate?
(a) It is flown to show the Globe's loyalty to the Queen.
(b) The flag indicates that the theater is closed.
(c) The flag indicates that the Duke of York is in attendance at the performance.
(d) There will be a performance that afternoon.
15. Who is Richard Babage?
(b) Nat's uncle.
(c) Aunt Jen's boyfriend.
(d) Shakespeare's brother-in-law.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Arby say Shakespeare was sad?
2. What does Nat try to figure out about his time in the earlier century?
3. What does the audience break out with spontaneously?
4. Who is invited to meet the Queen after the performance?
5. Who compliments Burbage for his costume?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)