|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Nat and his Aunt Jen agree to do?
(a) Move to London.
(b) Take a trip to Shakespeare's home.
(c) Return to the United States.
(d) Talk more openly about Nat's father.
2. Who is invited to meet the Queen after the performance?
(a) Shakespeare, Burbage and Nat.
(b) No one.
(c) Just Nat.
(d) Just Burbage.
3. What color is Gilbourne's wig?
4. How does Shakespeare calm Nat?
(a) By joking with nat.
(b) By gripping Nat's shoulders momentarily.
(c) By slapping him lightly across the face.
(d) By giving him a small draught of liquor.
5. What do Gil and Rachel realize is a result of the swap of the two Nats?
(a) Nat can act just as Shakespeare directed him.
(b) Shakespeare does not contract the plague and die.
(c) There's more information about that time.
(d) Nat can become a Shakespeare expert.
6. About what does Sam Gilbourne ask Nat?
(a) Nat's school.
(b) Nat's father.
(c) Nat's brother.
(d) The Queen's interview.
7. How does Nat feel onstage?
8. When do they think Nat will be released from the hospital?
(a) In a few days.
(b) There is no telling.
(c) The next day after Jennifer arrives.
(d) Several weeks.
9. What explanation is there for why Nat Field did not see Shakespeare again?
(a) Nat was offered a spot in a more prestigious group.
(b) The real Nat Field of that era never met Shakespeare.
(c) They are not sure why.
(d) Shakespeare dies before Nat graduates from St. Paul's.
10. What happens when Nat rises higher and higher in his dream?
(a) He falls out of the tower and flies away.
(b) He is free from his father's grasp.
(c) He escapes the tower.
(d) He rises with his mother's spirit.
11. What play does Shakespeare write after his brief encounter with Nat?
(a) "All's Well that Ends Well".
(b) "The Tempest'.
(c) "As You Like It".
12. What offer does Nat decline?
(a) To play Hamlet when Shakespeare finishes it.
(b) To accompany Burbage to his country estate.
(c) To live with Shakespeare full time.
(d) To be a page in the Queen's court.
13. How does Nat use St. Paul's as an excuse?
(a) For not knowing about the political climate.
(b) For not knowing most of the other people in the theater.
(c) He does not use St. Paul's.
(d) For not wanting to start learning another play.
14. Why does Arby say Shakespeare was sad?
(a) Nat Field never returned to Shakespeare's Company.
(b) Because Burbage betrays him.
(c) Because the Queen never trusts him.
(d) At the loss of Nat after losing Hammet.
15. What fascinates everyone in the acting company?
(a) How Nat can suggest the right things to do for someone's illness.
(b) Nat saving Roper's life.
(c) Nat's acrobatic moves.
(d) Some of Nat's vocabulary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the other book Arby gives Nat?
2. Who visits Nat at the Fisher's home?
3. Why is the Nat of the modern era sad?
4. What does Harry say to Nat about Nat's reply to Nick's question?
5. What character will Nat play next summer with the Company of Boys?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)