|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nat compare when he is able to go back to rehearsals?
(a) Nothing; there is no comparison.
(b) Shakespeare's lines then versus now.
(c) Each person and their possible counterpart.
(d) The Globe of the two time periods.
2. Where is Nat in Chapter 17?
(a) In Guy's Hospital, 1999.
(b) In Guy's Hospital, 1989.
(c) In Stratford on Avon, 1599.
(d) In the Globe Theater, 1989.
3. Why does Nat go to the theater after breakfast?
(a) To talk to Rachel.
(b) To tell the group he is returning to the United States.
(c) To ask Arby to release him from his contract.
(d) To prepare for the first performance of "A Midsummer Night's Dream".
4. About what does Sam Gilbourne ask Nat?
(a) Nat's school.
(b) Nat's father.
(c) Nat's brother.
(d) The Queen's interview.
5. Who tells Jennifer she cannot see Nat?
(a) The paramedic.
(b) The floor administrator.
(c) The doctor.
(d) Nurse Stevens.
6. What does Shakespeare say Nat must do about St. Paul's?
(a) Leave the school.
(b) Return there.
(c) Start a theater group there.
(d) Ask St. Paul's to teach students more about politics.
7. Why do Gil and Rachel believe Nat's tale about his trip to an earlier time?
(a) The coin Nat has.
(b) The details Nat supplies and the green leaf.
(c) The sonnet Nat has that is penned in Shakespeare's own hand.
(d) They do not believe him.
8. What does Nat sleep with under his pillow?
(a) A drawing of the Queen.
(b) Shakespeare's sonnet.
(c) His last tooth that fell out.
(d) A translation of King Lear.
9. Why does a day laborer flash a sign to ward evil at Nat?
(a) The laborer does that for good luck.
(b) The laborer mistook Nat for someone else.
(c) The laborer thinks Shakespeare is a warlock.
(d) The laborer thinks Nat is a witch.
10. What does Aunt Jen do when she sees Nat?
(b) Tousles Nat's hair.
(d) Nothing as she is not there.
11. Where does the Queen ask the company to perform in a month's time?
12. What play does Shakespeare write after his brief encounter with Nat?
(a) "The Tempest'.
(c) "As You Like It".
(d) "All's Well that Ends Well".
13. What does the audience yell at Nat as he is playing Puck?
(b) A warning about a mistake Puck is about to make.
(d) Go home.
14. What color is Gilbourne's wig?
15. What does Nat realize must have happened to him?
(a) He fell through a dimensional warp.
(b) His father must have helped him transport to the earlier era.
(c) He had a hallucinogenic dream while very ill.
(d) He somehow switched places with the Nat Field of the earlier era.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nurse Jenkins tell Nat?
2. What does Arby say was a task he was given?
3. Who does Nat think is a stronger presence on stage than Shakespeare?
4. What does Harry say to Nat about Nat's reply to Nick's question?
5. What does Nat hope will happen as he returns to St. Paul's?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)