|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did it work that the two Nats were not discovered as being the wrong boys?
(a) Nat has no idea how he was not discovered.
(b) In the process of the swap, the powers that made the swap changed their looks.
(c) They were both isolated from their regular contacts.
(d) The boys were basically identical.
2. Upon whose behalf does Burbage plead mercy?
(a) A pickpocket.
(b) A drunk.
(c) A political rival.
(d) A muderer.
3. What does Nat compare when he is able to go back to rehearsals?
(a) Each person and their possible counterpart.
(b) Nothing; there is no comparison.
(c) The Globe of the two time periods.
(d) Shakespeare's lines then versus now.
4. What explanation is there for why Nat Field did not see Shakespeare again?
(a) Shakespeare dies before Nat graduates from St. Paul's.
(b) They are not sure why.
(c) Nat was offered a spot in a more prestigious group.
(d) The real Nat Field of that era never met Shakespeare.
5. How does Shakespeare calm Nat?
(a) By joking with nat.
(b) By slapping him lightly across the face.
(c) By giving him a small draught of liquor.
(d) By gripping Nat's shoulders momentarily.
6. How does Nat leave the hospital?
(a) On a gurney.
(b) In a wheelchair.
(c) Walking slowly.
(d) He cannot leave yet.
7. About what does Sam Gilbourne ask Nat?
(a) The Queen's interview.
(b) Nat's brother.
(c) Nat's school.
(d) Nat's father.
8. Where does the Queen ask the company to perform in a month's time?
9. About what does Nat tell Gil from his time with Shakespeare?
(a) About the sonnet Shakespeare gives Nat.
(b) About Shakespeare's son.
(c) About Shakespeare's political involvments.
(d) About Shakespeare's wonderful wife.
10. When do they think Nat will be released from the hospital?
(a) In a few days.
(b) Several weeks.
(c) The next day after Jennifer arrives.
(d) There is no telling.
11. What does the audience yell at Nat as he is playing Puck?
(a) A warning about a mistake Puck is about to make.
(c) Go home.
12. What does Nat reach for under his pillow?
(a) A poem.
(b) A playbill from the Globe of 1999.
(c) A hat.
(d) A playbill from the Globe of 1599.
13. What kind of mood is Arby in when Nat arrives?
14. Of what acting group did the earlier Nat Field join?
(a) Lord Chamberlain's Men.
(b) The Queen's Troupe.
(c) The Lord of Essex's Company Players.
(d) The Blackfriar's Boys.
15. What part does Sam Gilbourne play?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nat perceive the Queen's way of talking?
2. Why is the earlier era Nat kept isolated in the hospital for a week?
3. What does Nat hope will happen as he returns to St. Paul's?
4. What does Shakespeare read to Nat?
5. What do Gil and Rachel realize is a result of the swap of the two Nats?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)