|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nick Tooley ask Nat about Nat's aunt?
(a) If she is his dad's sister.
(b) If she is married.
(c) If she is an actor.
(d) If she is a wise woman.
2. What does Shakespeare say about the show to Burbage and Nat?
(a) It will be a double feature.
(b) It will be sold out.
(c) It will start a little late because of security issues.
(d) It will be a private performance for the Queen only.
3. What does the audience break out with spontaneously?
(a) "God Save the Queen".
(c) "Give Us A King".
4. What does Nat realize must have happened to him?
(a) His father must have helped him transport to the earlier era.
(b) He had a hallucinogenic dream while very ill.
(c) He somehow switched places with the Nat Field of the earlier era.
(d) He fell through a dimensional warp.
5. About what does Sam Gilbourne ask Nat?
(a) Nat's father.
(b) Nat's school.
(c) The Queen's interview.
(d) Nat's brother.
6. What does Nat decide to immerse himself in instead of worrying?
(a) Learning all he can from Shakespeare.
(b) Finding a way back to his own time.
(c) Finding a way to make Roper less hostile.
(d) Rehearsing "A Midsummer Night's Dream".
7. Why is the Nat of the modern era sad?
(a) Nat Field of the earlier era is murdered for a few coins.
(b) The Queen has the Nat Field of the earlier era beheaded for his associate with a group of conspirators.
(c) Losing contact with Shakespeare.
(d) Nat Field of the earlier era dies pretty young.
8. What fascinates everyone in the acting company?
(a) Nat's acrobatic moves.
(b) Nat saving Roper's life.
(c) How Nat can suggest the right things to do for someone's illness.
(d) Some of Nat's vocabulary.
9. When do they think Nat will be released from the hospital?
(a) Several weeks.
(b) There is no telling.
(c) The next day after Jennifer arrives.
(d) In a few days.
10. Who is invited to meet the Queen after the performance?
(a) Just Burbage.
(b) Just Nat.
(c) No one.
(d) Shakespeare, Burbage and Nat.
11. How does Nat perceive the Queen's way of talking?
(a) As thoughtless.
(b) As flirtatious.
(c) As condescending.
(d) As disjointed.
12. What confuses Nat?
(a) The accents of the nurses.
(b) Waking up in different time zones for the second time in a week.
(c) All the machinery in the hospital.
(d) The appearance of Harry.
13. Why does Arby say Shakespeare was sad?
(a) Because Burbage betrays him.
(b) At the loss of Nat after losing Hammet.
(c) Because the Queen never trusts him.
(d) Nat Field never returned to Shakespeare's Company.
14. What is the other book Arby gives Nat?
(a) A copy of 'Love's Labours Lost".
(b) A copy of "Hamlet".
(c) A copy of "A Midsummer Night's Dream".
(d) A copy of "The Tempest'.
15. Why do Gil and Rachel believe Nat's tale about his trip to an earlier time?
(a) The sonnet Nat has that is penned in Shakespeare's own hand.
(b) The coin Nat has.
(c) The details Nat supplies and the green leaf.
(d) They do not believe him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nat compare when he is able to go back to rehearsals?
2. About what does Nat yearn to tell the group?
3. Of what acting group did the earlier Nat Field join?
4. What performance is about to begin at the opening to Chapter 14?
5. What seems to confound the Nat from the 16th century in his isolation room?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)