|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What seems to confound the Nat from the 16th century in his isolation room?
(a) The words the doctors use.
(b) The modern technology.
(c) The food.
2. What character will Nat play next summer with the Company of Boys?
3. About what does Nat yearn to tell the group?
(a) His parents' deaths.
(b) His younger sister's acting.
(c) The dangers of dirt.
(d) The advancements of the 20th century.
4. Who escorts Nat and Shakespeare home?
(a) The theater manager.
(b) Harry's older brother.
(c) Roper's older brother.
(d) A hired bodyguard.
5. With what does Burbage paint Nat's body?
(a) Egg whites so Nat glimmers.
(b) Red paint to represent the devil.
(c) A symbol of the actor's guild.
(d) Green leaves.
6. Who tells Jennifer she cannot see Nat?
(a) The paramedic.
(b) Nurse Stevens.
(c) The doctor.
(d) The floor administrator.
7. What does Shakespeare read to Nat?
(a) A sonnet.
(b) Part of his new play called Hamlet.
(c) A letter to his son Shakespeare wrote just before the son dies.
(d) A letter from the Queen.
8. What does Nat hope will happen as he returns to St. Paul's?
(a) Something mysterious will happen.
(b) No one will realize Nat is not Nat Field.
(c) He will not be allowed to return to St. Paul's.
(d) He will be recognized as a talented actor.
9. What do Gil and Rachel realize is a result of the swap of the two Nats?
(a) There's more information about that time.
(b) Nat can act just as Shakespeare directed him.
(c) Nat can become a Shakespeare expert.
(d) Shakespeare does not contract the plague and die.
10. What does Gil want to do after hearing Nat's story?
(a) Have Nat write down the sonnet Shakespeare wrote for Nat.
(b) Look in the history books to learn about the earlier Nat.
(c) Tell someone in the scientific community to try to get an explanation.
(d) Get Nat some counseling.
11. Where does the Queen ask the company to perform in a month's time?
12. What happens when Nat rises higher and higher in his dream?
(a) He escapes the tower.
(b) He falls out of the tower and flies away.
(c) He is free from his father's grasp.
(d) He rises with his mother's spirit.
13. What is one book Arby gives Nat?
(a) A book about Queen Elizabeth.
(b) A book that has a picture of Nat Field from the earlier era.
(c) A book of Shakespeare's sonnets.
(d) A book about the writing of Hamlet.
14. When do they think Nat will be released from the hospital?
(a) There is no telling.
(b) In a few days.
(c) Several weeks.
(d) The next day after Jennifer arrives.
15. Of what acting group did the earlier Nat Field join?
(a) The Lord of Essex's Company Players.
(b) The Queen's Troupe.
(c) The Blackfriar's Boys.
(d) Lord Chamberlain's Men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nat try to figure out about his time in the earlier century?
2. Where is Nat in the dream he has?
3. Who does Nat think is a stronger presence on stage than Shakespeare?
4. What offer does Nat decline?
5. What does Harry say to Nat about Nat's reply to Nick's question?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)