|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Arby say was a task he was given?
(a) To make Nat famous.
(b) To be a substitute father to Nat.
(c) To teach the boys good acting skills.
(d) To save Shakespeare.
2. What does Harry say to Nat about Nat's reply to Nick's question?
(b) A wise woman is burned at the stake if she is caught.
(c) A wise woman is a witch.
(d) A wise woman is a nun.
3. Why do Gil and Rachel believe Nat's tale about his trip to an earlier time?
(a) The details Nat supplies and the green leaf.
(b) The sonnet Nat has that is penned in Shakespeare's own hand.
(c) The coin Nat has.
(d) They do not believe him.
4. About what does Sam Gilbourne ask Nat?
(a) Nat's school.
(b) The Queen's interview.
(c) Nat's brother.
(d) Nat's father.
5. What happens when Nat rises higher and higher in his dream?
(a) He rises with his mother's spirit.
(b) He is free from his father's grasp.
(c) He falls out of the tower and flies away.
(d) He escapes the tower.
6. Who tells Jennifer she cannot see Nat?
(a) The paramedic.
(b) The doctor.
(c) Nurse Stevens.
(d) The floor administrator.
7. What does Gil want to do after hearing Nat's story?
(a) Get Nat some counseling.
(b) Have Nat write down the sonnet Shakespeare wrote for Nat.
(c) Tell someone in the scientific community to try to get an explanation.
(d) Look in the history books to learn about the earlier Nat.
8. How many books mention the earlier Nat Field?
9. Who is Jennifer Field?
(a) Nat's next-door neighbor.
(b) Nat's aunt.
(c) Nat's mother.
(d) Nat's oldest sister.
10. Why does Nat go to the theater after breakfast?
(a) To tell the group he is returning to the United States.
(b) To prepare for the first performance of "A Midsummer Night's Dream".
(c) To talk to Rachel.
(d) To ask Arby to release him from his contract.
11. How does Nat leave the hospital?
(a) In a wheelchair.
(b) Walking slowly.
(c) On a gurney.
(d) He cannot leave yet.
12. What does Nat ask if he can do when he graduates St. Paul's?
(a) Become a page.
(b) Become a squire.
(c) Be Shakespeare's secretary.
(d) Join the actor's company.
13. How did it work that the two Nats were not discovered as being the wrong boys?
(a) Nat has no idea how he was not discovered.
(b) They were both isolated from their regular contacts.
(c) In the process of the swap, the powers that made the swap changed their looks.
(d) The boys were basically identical.
14. What does Nat worry about as far as St. Paul's school is concerned?
(a) That he will take the plague to the school.
(b) That the school will reopen before Nat gets back to his time.
(c) That the school will cease to exist if Nat creates a paradox.
(d) That he'll return there and no one will recognize him.
15. What fascinates everyone in the acting company?
(a) How Nat can suggest the right things to do for someone's illness.
(b) Nat saving Roper's life.
(c) Some of Nat's vocabulary.
(d) Nat's acrobatic moves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the other book Arby gives Nat?
2. Where is Nat in the dream he has?
3. Where is Nat in Chapter 17?
4. What does Arby explain to Nat?
5. What does Nat realize must have happened to him?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)