|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nat hope will happen as he returns to St. Paul's?
(a) He will not be allowed to return to St. Paul's.
(b) No one will realize Nat is not Nat Field.
(c) He will be recognized as a talented actor.
(d) Something mysterious will happen.
2. Who does Nat think is a stronger presence on stage than Shakespeare?
(a) No one.
3. Who escorts Nat and Shakespeare home?
(a) Roper's older brother.
(b) The theater manager.
(c) Harry's older brother.
(d) A hired bodyguard.
4. What color is Gilbourne's wig?
5. What does Nat ask if he can do when he graduates St. Paul's?
(a) Become a squire.
(b) Become a page.
(c) Be Shakespeare's secretary.
(d) Join the actor's company.
6. About what does Shakespeare congratulate Nat?
(a) His composure on stage.
(b) His memorization of his lines.
(c) The way Nat makes Puck look non-human.
(d) Nat's accent.
7. What does Aunt Jen do when she sees Nat?
(c) Tousles Nat's hair.
(d) Nothing as she is not there.
8. Who compliments Burbage for his costume?
(b) The Queen.
(d) A nameless Lord.
9. Why do Gil and Rachel believe Nat's tale about his trip to an earlier time?
(a) They do not believe him.
(b) The sonnet Nat has that is penned in Shakespeare's own hand.
(c) The details Nat supplies and the green leaf.
(d) The coin Nat has.
10. What is the other book Arby gives Nat?
(a) A copy of "Hamlet".
(b) A copy of "The Tempest'.
(c) A copy of 'Love's Labours Lost".
(d) A copy of "A Midsummer Night's Dream".
11. What does Gil want to do after hearing Nat's story?
(a) Tell someone in the scientific community to try to get an explanation.
(b) Have Nat write down the sonnet Shakespeare wrote for Nat.
(c) Look in the history books to learn about the earlier Nat.
(d) Get Nat some counseling.
12. How does Shakespeare calm Nat?
(a) By slapping him lightly across the face.
(b) By joking with nat.
(c) By gripping Nat's shoulders momentarily.
(d) By giving him a small draught of liquor.
13. Who is Sam Gilbourne dressed to resemble?
(a) Queen Elizabeth.
(b) Anne Boleyn.
(c) Catherine of Aragon.
(d) Shakespeare's wife.
14. Why does a day laborer flash a sign to ward evil at Nat?
(a) The laborer thinks Shakespeare is a warlock.
(b) The laborer mistook Nat for someone else.
(c) The laborer thinks Nat is a witch.
(d) The laborer does that for good luck.
15. What does Arby explain to Nat?
(a) That time does not always travel in a straight line.
(b) That Nat is not the boss of the Company of Boys.
(d) That Shakespeare died centuries ago.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the audience break out with spontaneously?
2. Who is Richard Babage?
3. Where is Nat in the dream he has?
4. What does Nat compare when he is able to go back to rehearsals?
5. What fascinates everyone in the acting company?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)