|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why might someone try to harm the Queen at the play?
(a) She just passed some very restrictive laws.
(b) She is heirless.
(c) She just executed several popular people.
(d) She is a tyrant.
2. Where does Jennifer come from to go to Guy's hospital?
(b) South Carolina.
(c) New Orleans.
3. What does Rachel notice as she hugs Nat?
(a) A green leaf painted on Nat's neck.
(b) He is much thinner.
(c) An old gold coin on the table with Queen Elizabeth I's picture on it.
(d) A poem sticking out of Nat's pocket.
4. What color is Gilbourne's wig?
5. What does Shakespeare read to Nat?
(a) A letter to his son Shakespeare wrote just before the son dies.
(b) Part of his new play called Hamlet.
(c) A sonnet.
(d) A letter from the Queen.
6. Who tells Jennifer she cannot see Nat?
(a) Nurse Stevens.
(b) The doctor.
(c) The floor administrator.
(d) The paramedic.
7. What does the flag flying over the Globe indicate?
(a) It is flown to show the Globe's loyalty to the Queen.
(b) The flag indicates that the theater is closed.
(c) The flag indicates that the Duke of York is in attendance at the performance.
(d) There will be a performance that afternoon.
8. What character will Nat play next summer with the Company of Boys?
9. What does Gil want to do after hearing Nat's story?
(a) Get Nat some counseling.
(b) Tell someone in the scientific community to try to get an explanation.
(c) Have Nat write down the sonnet Shakespeare wrote for Nat.
(d) Look in the history books to learn about the earlier Nat.
10. How does Nat feel about Shakespeare when the man is on the stage?
(a) Nat thinks Shakespeare should just act and not write.
(b) Nat thinks Shakespeare is arrogant on the stage.
(c) In awe of Shakespeare.
(d) Nat thinks Shakespeare is not as good an actor as writer.
11. Why does Arby say Shakespeare was sad?
(a) Because the Queen never trusts him.
(b) Because Burbage betrays him.
(c) Nat Field never returned to Shakespeare's Company.
(d) At the loss of Nat after losing Hammet.
12. What does Nat decide to immerse himself in instead of worrying?
(a) Rehearsing "A Midsummer Night's Dream".
(b) Finding a way back to his own time.
(c) Finding a way to make Roper less hostile.
(d) Learning all he can from Shakespeare.
13. What kind of mood is Arby in when Nat arrives?
14. What does Nick Tooley ask Nat about Nat's aunt?
(a) If she is married.
(b) If she is his dad's sister.
(c) If she is a wise woman.
(d) If she is an actor.
15. Who visits Nat at the Fisher's home?
(a) The whole Company of Boys.
(b) Just Arby.
(c) Gil and Rachel.
(d) Just Rachel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who escorts Nat and Shakespeare home?
2. When do they think Nat will be released from the hospital?
3. What offer does Nat decline?
4. Where is Nat in the dream he has?
5. How does Nat feel onstage?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)