|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shakespeare read to Nat?
(a) A sonnet.
(b) Part of his new play called Hamlet.
(c) A letter to his son Shakespeare wrote just before the son dies.
(d) A letter from the Queen.
2. Why does Nat go to the theater after breakfast?
(a) To talk to Rachel.
(b) To tell the group he is returning to the United States.
(c) To ask Arby to release him from his contract.
(d) To prepare for the first performance of "A Midsummer Night's Dream".
3. Who is Richard Babage?
(b) Nat's uncle.
(c) Shakespeare's brother-in-law.
(d) Aunt Jen's boyfriend.
4. What happens when Nat rises higher and higher in his dream?
(a) He is free from his father's grasp.
(b) He falls out of the tower and flies away.
(c) He rises with his mother's spirit.
(d) He escapes the tower.
5. Where does Jennifer come from to go to Guy's hospital?
(a) South Carolina.
(d) New Orleans.
6. What does Aunt Jen do when she sees Nat?
(b) Tousles Nat's hair.
(c) Nothing as she is not there.
7. What performance is about to begin at the opening to Chapter 14?
(a) 'As You Like It'.
(b) "Much Ado About Nothing".
(c) "King Lear".
(d) 'A Midsummer Night's Dream".
8. What does Shakespeare say Nat must do about St. Paul's?
(a) Return there.
(b) Start a theater group there.
(c) Leave the school.
(d) Ask St. Paul's to teach students more about politics.
9. Who compliments Burbage for his costume?
(c) The Queen.
(d) A nameless Lord.
10. When do they think Nat will be released from the hospital?
(a) Several weeks.
(b) The next day after Jennifer arrives.
(c) There is no telling.
(d) In a few days.
11. What does Nat hope will happen as he returns to St. Paul's?
(a) He will be recognized as a talented actor.
(b) He will not be allowed to return to St. Paul's.
(c) No one will realize Nat is not Nat Field.
(d) Something mysterious will happen.
12. What does Nat decide to immerse himself in instead of worrying?
(a) Rehearsing "A Midsummer Night's Dream".
(b) Finding a way back to his own time.
(c) Learning all he can from Shakespeare.
(d) Finding a way to make Roper less hostile.
13. Where is Nat in Chapter 17?
(a) In Guy's Hospital, 1989.
(b) In the Globe Theater, 1989.
(c) In Guy's Hospital, 1999.
(d) In Stratford on Avon, 1599.
14. What is one book Arby gives Nat?
(a) A book that has a picture of Nat Field from the earlier era.
(b) A book about Queen Elizabeth.
(c) A book of Shakespeare's sonnets.
(d) A book about the writing of Hamlet.
15. How does Nat use St. Paul's as an excuse?
(a) He does not use St. Paul's.
(b) For not knowing most of the other people in the theater.
(c) For not knowing about the political climate.
(d) For not wanting to start learning another play.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gil want to do after hearing Nat's story?
2. How does Nat feel onstage?
3. Why do Gil and Rachel believe Nat's tale about his trip to an earlier time?
4. What particularly disgusts Nat about the Queen?
5. What does Nat remember from his history lesson about the Earl of Essex?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)