|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nat try to figure out about his time in the earlier century?
(a) If it was a dream or really happened.
(b) If he is the reincarnation of Nat Field.
(c) Nothing; he is too disoriented to be thinking of anything at the moment.
(d) If he will ever go back there again.
2. Where is Nat in Chapter 17?
(a) In Guy's Hospital, 1989.
(b) In Stratford on Avon, 1599.
(c) In Guy's Hospital, 1999.
(d) In the Globe Theater, 1989.
3. What character will Nat play next summer with the Company of Boys?
4. What particularly disgusts Nat about the Queen?
(a) Her body odor.
(b) Her rotten teeth.
(c) Her enjoyment of obvious flattery.
(d) Her mean remarks.
5. What does Arby say was a task he was given?
(a) To save Shakespeare.
(b) To teach the boys good acting skills.
(c) To be a substitute father to Nat.
(d) To make Nat famous.
6. With what does Burbage paint Nat's body?
(a) Egg whites so Nat glimmers.
(b) Green leaves.
(c) Red paint to represent the devil.
(d) A symbol of the actor's guild.
7. What seems to confound the Nat from the 16th century in his isolation room?
(b) The words the doctors use.
(c) The food.
(d) The modern technology.
8. About what does Shakespeare congratulate Nat?
(a) His composure on stage.
(b) Nat's accent.
(c) The way Nat makes Puck look non-human.
(d) His memorization of his lines.
9. Who escorts Nat and Shakespeare home?
(a) Harry's older brother.
(b) Roper's older brother.
(c) The theater manager.
(d) A hired bodyguard.
10. Why is the Nat of the modern era sad?
(a) The Queen has the Nat Field of the earlier era beheaded for his associate with a group of conspirators.
(b) Nat Field of the earlier era is murdered for a few coins.
(c) Nat Field of the earlier era dies pretty young.
(d) Losing contact with Shakespeare.
11. When do they think Nat will be released from the hospital?
(a) The next day after Jennifer arrives.
(b) In a few days.
(c) Several weeks.
(d) There is no telling.
12. What does Nurse Jenkins tell Nat?
(a) He must stay in the hospital another week.
(b) He will be leaving the hospital that day.
(c) He went home and had a relapse and had to return.
(d) He must stay in the hospital several more days.
13. What does the audience break out with spontaneously?
(a) "God Save the Queen".
(c) "Give Us A King".
14. Where does the Queen ask the company to perform in a month's time?
15. How many books mention the earlier Nat Field?
Short Answer Questions
1. What explanation is there for why Nat Field did not see Shakespeare again?
2. What does Shakespeare say about the show to Burbage and Nat?
3. What does Shakespeare say to keep a secret from the teachers at St. Paul's?
4. What does the flag flying over the Globe indicate?
5. What does Nat hope will happen as he returns to St. Paul's?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)