|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did it work that the two Nats were not discovered as being the wrong boys?
(a) They were both isolated from their regular contacts.
(b) Nat has no idea how he was not discovered.
(c) In the process of the swap, the powers that made the swap changed their looks.
(d) The boys were basically identical.
2. What does Aunt Jen do when she sees Nat?
(a) Nothing as she is not there.
(d) Tousles Nat's hair.
3. What character will Nat play next summer with the Company of Boys?
4. What was needed for someone to travel back to Shakespeare's time?
(a) A magical box.
(b) Strong personal suffering.
(c) A conjunction of the planets.
(d) A boy who resembles the earlier Nat Field.
5. Why is the earlier era Nat kept isolated in the hospital for a week?
(a) He has the bubonic plague which is extremely contagious.
(b) He has smallpox.
(c) He has a virulent strain of flu.
(d) He has the hanta virus.
6. How does Nat leave the hospital?
(a) On a gurney.
(b) He cannot leave yet.
(c) Walking slowly.
(d) In a wheelchair.
7. Why might someone try to harm the Queen at the play?
(a) She just passed some very restrictive laws.
(b) She just executed several popular people.
(c) She is heirless.
(d) She is a tyrant.
8. What explanation is there for why Nat Field did not see Shakespeare again?
(a) Nat was offered a spot in a more prestigious group.
(b) They are not sure why.
(c) Shakespeare dies before Nat graduates from St. Paul's.
(d) The real Nat Field of that era never met Shakespeare.
9. What play does Shakespeare write after his brief encounter with Nat?
(a) "The Tempest'.
(b) "All's Well that Ends Well".
(c) "As You Like It".
10. What fascinates everyone in the acting company?
(a) Nat saving Roper's life.
(b) How Nat can suggest the right things to do for someone's illness.
(c) Nat's acrobatic moves.
(d) Some of Nat's vocabulary.
11. What does Nat hope will happen as he returns to St. Paul's?
(a) He will be recognized as a talented actor.
(b) He will not be allowed to return to St. Paul's.
(c) Something mysterious will happen.
(d) No one will realize Nat is not Nat Field.
12. What does Shakespeare say to keep a secret from the teachers at St. Paul's?
(a) That Nat declined an offer from the Queen.
(b) That Nat knows Shakespeare.
(c) Nat's ten shillings.
(d) That Nat's father is dead.
13. Who escorts Nat and Shakespeare home?
(a) The theater manager.
(b) Harry's older brother.
(c) A hired bodyguard.
(d) Roper's older brother.
14. What does Arby explain to Nat?
(a) That time does not always travel in a straight line.
(b) That Shakespeare died centuries ago.
(c) That Nat is not the boss of the Company of Boys.
15. When do they think Nat will be released from the hospital?
(a) The next day after Jennifer arrives.
(b) In a few days.
(c) There is no telling.
(d) Several weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nat reach for under his pillow?
2. How does Nat feel onstage?
3. What does Arby say was a task he was given?
4. What part does Sam Gilbourne play?
5. Why is the Nat of the modern era sad?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)