|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Nat in Chapter 17?
(a) In Guy's Hospital, 1999.
(b) In Stratford on Avon, 1599.
(c) In Guy's Hospital, 1989.
(d) In the Globe Theater, 1989.
2. What does Nat worry about as far as St. Paul's school is concerned?
(a) That the school will reopen before Nat gets back to his time.
(b) That he will take the plague to the school.
(c) That the school will cease to exist if Nat creates a paradox.
(d) That he'll return there and no one will recognize him.
3. How does Nat perceive the Queen's way of talking?
(a) As flirtatious.
(b) As thoughtless.
(c) As condescending.
(d) As disjointed.
4. What does Nurse Jenkins tell Nat?
(a) He will be leaving the hospital that day.
(b) He must stay in the hospital several more days.
(c) He went home and had a relapse and had to return.
(d) He must stay in the hospital another week.
5. Upon whose behalf does Burbage plead mercy?
(a) A pickpocket.
(b) A muderer.
(c) A political rival.
(d) A drunk.
6. Why might someone try to harm the Queen at the play?
(a) She just passed some very restrictive laws.
(b) She is heirless.
(c) She just executed several popular people.
(d) She is a tyrant.
7. What do Nat and his Aunt Jen agree to do?
(a) Take a trip to Shakespeare's home.
(b) Return to the United States.
(c) Talk more openly about Nat's father.
(d) Move to London.
8. About what does Sam Gilbourne ask Nat?
(a) Nat's school.
(b) The Queen's interview.
(c) Nat's father.
(d) Nat's brother.
9. What does Harry say to Nat about Nat's reply to Nick's question?
(a) A wise woman is a nun.
(c) A wise woman is a witch.
(d) A wise woman is burned at the stake if she is caught.
10. About what does Nat yearn to tell the group?
(a) His younger sister's acting.
(b) The advancements of the 20th century.
(c) His parents' deaths.
(d) The dangers of dirt.
11. What does Nat remember from his history lesson about the Earl of Essex?
(b) The Earl died of the plague.
(c) The Earl adopted a son from the theater.
(d) The Queen had the Earl executed.
12. How does Nat use St. Paul's as an excuse?
(a) He does not use St. Paul's.
(b) For not wanting to start learning another play.
(c) For not knowing most of the other people in the theater.
(d) For not knowing about the political climate.
13. Of what acting group did the earlier Nat Field join?
(a) The Queen's Troupe.
(b) The Blackfriar's Boys.
(c) The Lord of Essex's Company Players.
(d) Lord Chamberlain's Men.
14. What particularly disgusts Nat about the Queen?
(a) Her mean remarks.
(b) Her enjoyment of obvious flattery.
(c) Her rotten teeth.
(d) Her body odor.
15. Why is the earlier era Nat kept isolated in the hospital for a week?
(a) He has a virulent strain of flu.
(b) He has the bubonic plague which is extremely contagious.
(c) He has smallpox.
(d) He has the hanta virus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What explanation is there for why Nat Field did not see Shakespeare again?
2. What does Shakespeare read to Nat?
3. How does Nat feel onstage?
4. Why do Gil and Rachel believe Nat's tale about his trip to an earlier time?
5. Why is the Nat of the modern era sad?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)