|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the audience break out with spontaneously?
(b) "Give Us A King".
(d) "God Save the Queen".
2. What offer does Nat decline?
(a) To be a page in the Queen's court.
(b) To live with Shakespeare full time.
(c) To accompany Burbage to his country estate.
(d) To play Hamlet when Shakespeare finishes it.
3. What does Nat remember from his history lesson about the Earl of Essex?
(a) The Queen had the Earl executed.
(b) The Earl adopted a son from the theater.
(c) The Earl died of the plague.
4. What does Nat ask if he can do when he graduates St. Paul's?
(a) Be Shakespeare's secretary.
(b) Become a page.
(c) Join the actor's company.
(d) Become a squire.
5. Why does a day laborer flash a sign to ward evil at Nat?
(a) The laborer mistook Nat for someone else.
(b) The laborer does that for good luck.
(c) The laborer thinks Shakespeare is a warlock.
(d) The laborer thinks Nat is a witch.
6. What fascinates everyone in the acting company?
(a) Some of Nat's vocabulary.
(b) Nat's acrobatic moves.
(c) Nat saving Roper's life.
(d) How Nat can suggest the right things to do for someone's illness.
7. What color is Gilbourne's wig?
8. Who does Nat think is a stronger presence on stage than Shakespeare?
(c) No one.
9. What does Aunt Jen do when she sees Nat?
(b) Tousles Nat's hair.
(c) Nothing as she is not there.
10. Why might someone try to harm the Queen at the play?
(a) She just passed some very restrictive laws.
(b) She is heirless.
(c) She is a tyrant.
(d) She just executed several popular people.
11. How does Nat feel onstage?
12. What part does Sam Gilbourne play?
13. Where does Jennifer come from to go to Guy's hospital?
(b) New Orleans.
(d) South Carolina.
14. How many books mention the earlier Nat Field?
15. What play does Shakespeare write after his brief encounter with Nat?
(a) "As You Like It".
(b) "All's Well that Ends Well".
(d) "The Tempest'.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gil want to do after hearing Nat's story?
2. With what does Burbage paint Nat's body?
3. How does Nat feel about Shakespeare when the man is on the stage?
4. What does Arby recite from memory?
5. What do Nat and his Aunt Jen agree to do?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)