|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is Gilbourne's wig?
2. What is the other book Arby gives Nat?
(a) A copy of "Hamlet".
(b) A copy of 'Love's Labours Lost".
(c) A copy of "A Midsummer Night's Dream".
(d) A copy of "The Tempest'.
3. What do Gil and Rachel realize is a result of the swap of the two Nats?
(a) There's more information about that time.
(b) Nat can become a Shakespeare expert.
(c) Nat can act just as Shakespeare directed him.
(d) Shakespeare does not contract the plague and die.
4. About what does Shakespeare congratulate Nat?
(a) Nat's accent.
(b) The way Nat makes Puck look non-human.
(c) His memorization of his lines.
(d) His composure on stage.
5. What does Shakespeare say Nat must do about St. Paul's?
(a) Ask St. Paul's to teach students more about politics.
(b) Leave the school.
(c) Start a theater group there.
(d) Return there.
6. Why is the earlier era Nat kept isolated in the hospital for a week?
(a) He has the hanta virus.
(b) He has a virulent strain of flu.
(c) He has smallpox.
(d) He has the bubonic plague which is extremely contagious.
7. What play does Shakespeare write after his brief encounter with Nat?
(b) "All's Well that Ends Well".
(c) "As You Like It".
(d) "The Tempest'.
8. Who is Sam Gilbourne dressed to resemble?
(a) Shakespeare's wife.
(b) Queen Elizabeth.
(c) Anne Boleyn.
(d) Catherine of Aragon.
9. What is one book Arby gives Nat?
(a) A book about the writing of Hamlet.
(b) A book that has a picture of Nat Field from the earlier era.
(c) A book about Queen Elizabeth.
(d) A book of Shakespeare's sonnets.
10. Who does Nat think is a stronger presence on stage than Shakespeare?
(b) No one.
11. What does Aunt Jen do when she sees Nat?
(a) Tousles Nat's hair.
(c) Nothing as she is not there.
12. What is Nat's impression of the Queen?
(a) She is incredibly beautiful.
(b) She is cruel.
(c) She is very short.
(d) She is not as beautiful as he expects.
13. What does Nat realize must have happened to him?
(a) His father must have helped him transport to the earlier era.
(b) He had a hallucinogenic dream while very ill.
(c) He somehow switched places with the Nat Field of the earlier era.
(d) He fell through a dimensional warp.
14. What does Harry say to Nat about Nat's reply to Nick's question?
(a) A wise woman is a nun.
(c) A wise woman is a witch.
(d) A wise woman is burned at the stake if she is caught.
15. What does Rachel notice as she hugs Nat?
(a) A green leaf painted on Nat's neck.
(b) A poem sticking out of Nat's pocket.
(c) He is much thinner.
(d) An old gold coin on the table with Queen Elizabeth I's picture on it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the Nat of the modern era sad?
2. How many books mention the earlier Nat Field?
3. What does Nat decide to immerse himself in instead of worrying?
4. What confuses Nat?
5. Of what acting group did the earlier Nat Field join?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)