|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Shakespeare's company's name?
(a) Lord Winpole's Men.
(b) Lord Chamberlain's Men.
(c) Lord Chamberlain's Actors.
(d) Globe Actors.
2. What does Nat notice about Harry's speech?
(a) He does not know much of the vocabularly Harry uses.
(b) The words are difficult to understand.
(c) It sounds like a Southern accent from the United States.
(d) Harry has a lisp.
3. For how long will the Company of Boys rehearse in their current location?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 3 months.
4. How is Nat feeling when he wakes?
(a) No longer ill.
(b) He has a bad headache.
(c) As if he is going to die.
(d) He feels quesy but somewhat better.
5. What is performed that afternoon at the Globe?
(a) Henry V.
(c) Much Ado About Nothing.
(d) Julius Caesar.
6. What class does Henry Condell teach?
7. Who suggests the apprentices go to the bear pit?
8. What does Mistress Fawcett say about Shakespeare when he is working upstairs?
(a) Shakespeare often makes strange noises and to ignore that.
(b) Shakespeare often has others come and join him upstairs and they are not to be disturbed.
(c) Shakespeare is not to be disturbed.
(d) Shakespeare often buys flowers and tips her well.
9. What do the apprentices eat for lunch?
(a) Bread and cheese.
(b) Meat pies and beer.
(c) Bread and jam.
10. Who signals Nat and Harry incorrectly?
(d) No one.
11. Where is Nat lying semi-delirious in his real time?
(a) His room in a London orphanage.
(b) He is not ill any longer.
(c) Guy's Hospital.
(d) His room at the Fischer home.
12. What does Nat forbid any of the boys to see?
(a) Some of the seamier sides of London.
(c) Any plays that would be unfit for young boys.
(d) Any other performances at the Globe.
13. Of what does Nat dream?
(a) Flying high above Earth.
(b) His parents.
(c) His dead brother.
(d) His dead dog.
14. What play will be performed in the afternoon?
(b) Dr. Faustus.
(c) The Devil's Revenge.
15. Who is Rachel?
(a) The costume director.
(b) The voice coach.
(c) The scenery artist.
(d) She plays Desdemona.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Richard Burbage resemble in Nat's mind?
2. Who intends to give Nat private rehearsal time?
3. What does Nat realize about Roper?
4. With what does the doctor on duty believe Nat suffers?
5. How does Nat save Roper's life?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)