|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nurse Stevens do that calms Nat to sleep?
(a) Gives him an sleeping pill.
(b) Hums a 16th century lullaby.
(c) Recites a few lines from A Midsummer Night's Dream.
(d) Sings a few lines from a Shakespeare play.
2. Who is Richard Burbage?
(a) Nat's aunt's boyfriend.
(b) The man with whom Nat and Harry are living.
(c) The man who schedules the various performances at the globe.
(d) Nat's father's best friend.
3. Why does Arby make the boys play the games?
(a) As a means of asserting his control over the boys.
(b) To give them a break from serious work.
(c) To build trust and become acquainted.
(d) To see which ones are the leaders.
4. What is Shakespeare's company's name?
(a) Lord Chamberlain's Actors.
(b) Lord Winpole's Men.
(c) Globe Actors.
(d) Lord Chamberlain's Men.
5. How far is Shakespeare's home from the Globe?
(a) A few minutes' travel.
(b) Next door.
(c) Across the street.
(d) Across London.
6. Who suggests the apprentices go to the bear pit?
7. Who is Sam Gilbourne?
(a) The cook at the Globe.
(b) The theater owner.
(c) The senior apprentice.
(d) The Queen's chamberlain.
8. What does Nat notice about Harry's speech?
(a) It sounds like a Southern accent from the United States.
(b) He does not know much of the vocabularly Harry uses.
(c) Harry has a lisp.
(d) The words are difficult to understand.
9. Who denies any wrongdoing?
10. Why does Nat become uncomfortable with the group's conversation?
(a) They say unkind things about Rachel.
(b) It comes out that his parents are dead.
(c) They talk about the South in a derogatory manner.
(d) They say unkind things about Arby.
11. To where does Nat fear he has traveled?
12. Who intends to give Nat private rehearsal time?
13. Where is Nat lying semi-delirious in his real time?
(a) Guy's Hospital.
(b) His room in a London orphanage.
(c) He is not ill any longer.
(d) His room at the Fischer home.
14. What was Nat's father's occupation?
15. Of what does Nat dream?
(a) His dead dog.
(b) Flying high above Earth.
(c) His parents.
(d) His dead brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the nurses fail to notice about Nat?
2. Who signals Nat and Harry incorrectly?
3. What does Arby point out to Nat?
4. Who does Arby say has a Southern accent?
5. What part does Gil Warmun play?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)