|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what skills does Arby particularly admire Nat?
(d) Piano playing.
2. With whom does Nat live?
(a) His aunt in her penthouse in Trafalgar Square.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) The Jones family.
(d) The Fisher family.
3. To what do the other apprentices attribute Nat's differences?
(a) Nat's being from Ireland.
(b) Nat's being a student from St. Paul.
(c) Nat's being from Franch.
(d) They cannot account for Nat's differences.
4. What is the first play the Company of Boys rehearses?
(b) As You Like It.
(c) A Midsummer Night's Dream.
5. Who is quite animated when acting?
6. In what theater will the Company perform?
(c) A series of theaters around the United States.
7. What seems louder to Nat?
(a) The noise level of Elizabethan England.
(b) The actors reading their lines.
(c) The creak of the stage boards.
(d) The sounds from the orchestra pit.
8. What is Shakespeare's company's name?
(a) Globe Actors.
(b) Lord Chamberlain's Actors.
(c) Lord Chamberlain's Men.
(d) Lord Winpole's Men.
9. Who suggests the apprentices go to the bear pit?
10. What class does John Heminges teach?
11. Why does the nameless Lord ask Shakespeare to cancel one of the performances at the Globe?
(a) There is too much poverty and entertainment is crass at this time.
(b) The weather is so dry, there is a fire hazard.
(c) So the Globe can be completed properly for the Queen's visit.
(d) For the Queen's safety.
12. Whose voice sounds somewhat like Elizabethan English?
(d) No one's.
13. Why does Robert doubt Nat's ability?
(a) Because Nat is merely a St. Paul's boy.
(b) Because Nat is so short.
(c) Because Nat is so tall.
(d) Because Nat slips on his first attempt.
14. For how long will the Company of Boys rehearse in their current location?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 3 weeks.
15. What is one of the plays being rehearsed?
(a) Julius Caesar.
(c) Romeo and Juliet.
(d) As You Like It.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the setting at the opening of Chapter 1?
2. Who does Richard Burbage resemble in Nat's mind?
3. What does Nat notice about Harry's speech?
4. What does the person who greets Nat say he feared about Nat?
5. Why does Nat go to bed early?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)