|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person who greets Nat say he feared about Nat?
(a) That Nat would die.
(b) That he was suffering from the plague.
(c) That Nat would turn him in for missing rehearsal.
(d) That Nat was a spy from the king's court.
2. Who does Richard Burbage resemble in Nat's mind?
(a) Nat's father.
(b) Nat's grandfather.
3. Who is Arby?
(a) The company director.
(b) The lead actor.
(c) The company's owner.
(d) The oldest teen.
4. What does Nat fight as the days go by?
(c) Bad pranks from Harry.
5. What class does John Heminges teach?
6. How does Arby say the boy actors must function?
(a) Like a family.
(b) Like teenagers.
(c) Like professionals.
(d) Like apprentices.
7. What does Shakespeare change about how Nat learned his part in the United States in a later era?
(a) Stage exit.
(b) Some lines.
(c) How Nat walks.
(d) Where Nat says his lines.
8. Of what does the Company of Boys comprise?
(a) The rehearsal staff and the board of trustees.
(b) The actors.
(c) The actors and rehearsal staff.
(d) The actors, theater crew, rehearsal staff and costume maker.
9. What does Nat realize about Roper?
(a) Roper cannot read.
(b) Roper is just like Nat's brother.
(c) Roper is just like Nat's best friend in the United States.
(d) Roper's dislike is enviousness.
10. Who offers to let Nat live with him?
(a) No one.
11. Why does Nat run out of the bear pit?
(a) The blood triggers a membory.
(b) He hates seeing the dogs killed.
(c) He hates seeing the bear get hurt.
(d) He does not run out.
12. Who falls through the trap door at the wrong time?
13. What is the first play the Company of Boys rehearses?
(a) As You Like It.
(d) A Midsummer Night's Dream.
14. With whom does Nat live?
(a) The Jones family.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His aunt in her penthouse in Trafalgar Square.
(d) The Fisher family.
15. What do Nat and Harry do during the afternoon performance?
(a) Work the trapdoor.
(c) Help change the stage sets.
(d) Learn their lines.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role will Richard Burbage assume in the play, "A Midsummer Night's Dream"?
2. What is Shakespeare's company's name?
3. What puts Nat at ease where he is staying?
4. What is the name of Shakespeare's son?
5. What is the date of the opening of Chapter 1?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)