|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Nat when he wakes in Chapter 4?
(a) In a theater in Paris.
(b) In a different bed from that at the Fisher's.
(c) Back in his bed at his aunt's house in the United States.
(d) In his bed at the Jones' household.
2. Who does Richard Burbage resemble in Nat's mind?
(a) Nat's grandfather.
(d) Nat's father.
3. How are boys selected to be a part of the Company of Boys?
(b) Whoever can pay for a spot.
(c) Court appointed boys who get in trouble.
4. What part does Gil Warmun play?
5. Who is quite animated when acting?
6. What does Nat realize about Roper?
(a) Roper is just like Nat's brother.
(b) Roper cannot read.
(c) Roper's dislike is enviousness.
(d) Roper is just like Nat's best friend in the United States.
7. With what does the doctor on duty believe Nat suffers?
(a) Bubonic plague.
(d) Typhoid fever.
8. What is the date of the opening of Chapter 1?
9. How does Nat feel in this time period?
(b) Like he does not belong.
(d) As if he has lived in this time before.
10. What play is Shakespeare thinking of writing?
(a) As You Like It.
(b) The Tempest.
(d) All's Well that Ends Well.
11. Why does Nat become uncomfortable with the group's conversation?
(a) It comes out that his parents are dead.
(b) They say unkind things about Arby.
(c) They say unkind things about Rachel.
(d) They talk about the South in a derogatory manner.
12. What does Nurse Stevens do that calms Nat to sleep?
(a) Sings a few lines from a Shakespeare play.
(b) Gives him an sleeping pill.
(c) Hums a 16th century lullaby.
(d) Recites a few lines from A Midsummer Night's Dream.
13. Where do some of the boys live when they are in London?
(a) In an old WWII barracks.
(c) In an orphanage.
(d) At the theater.
14. With whom does Nat live?
(a) The Jones family.
(b) The Fisher family.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His aunt in her penthouse in Trafalgar Square.
15. To where will the Company go after this location?
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nat think of some of the games the boys play?
2. To what do the other apprentices attribute Nat's differences?
3. What class does Henry Condell teach?
4. Who stops an altercation between Roper and Nat?
5. What do the nurses fail to notice about Nat?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)