|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nat hear as he is going to practice on his first day?
(a) A wolf howling.
(b) Distant music.
(c) The sound of horses clopping along.
(d) Big Ben striking the hour.
2. To where will the Company go after this location?
(b) New York.
3. Who stops an altercation between Roper and Nat?
(a) Shakespeare and another actor.
4. Where is Nat lying semi-delirious in his real time?
(a) His room at the Fischer home.
(b) His room in a London orphanage.
(c) He is not ill any longer.
(d) Guy's Hospital.
5. What is the first play the Company of Boys rehearses?
(b) A Midsummer Night's Dream.
(d) As You Like It.
6. Who signals Nat and Harry incorrectly?
(b) No one.
7. What does Nat fight as the days go by?
(d) Bad pranks from Harry.
8. What does Nat find comforting even in the heat of an argument?
(b) Harry's guidance.
(c) Shakespeare's voice.
(d) The sound of stage directions from Arby.
9. Why does Arby make the boys play the games?
(a) As a means of asserting his control over the boys.
(b) To give them a break from serious work.
(c) To build trust and become acquainted.
(d) To see which ones are the leaders.
10. Of what does the Company of Boys comprise?
(a) The actors, theater crew, rehearsal staff and costume maker.
(b) The actors.
(c) The rehearsal staff and the board of trustees.
(d) The actors and rehearsal staff.
11. What does Nat forbid any of the boys to see?
(a) Any other performances at the Globe.
(c) Any plays that would be unfit for young boys.
(d) Some of the seamier sides of London.
12. Who is Richard Burbage?
(a) The man who schedules the various performances at the globe.
(b) The man with whom Nat and Harry are living.
(c) Nat's aunt's boyfriend.
(d) Nat's father's best friend.
13. Who quit the acting company in a dramatic fashion?
(a) No one.
(b) Will Kempe.
14. What does Arby point out to Nat?
(a) His bad haircut.
(b) His sloppy appearance.
(c) His bad acting habits.
(d) His hair color.
15. Who is quite animated when acting?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nat save Roper's life?
2. Why does Nat fall?
3. How far is Shakespeare's home from the Globe?
4. Who falls through the trap door at the wrong time?
5. How many members are in the Company of Boys?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)