|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Richard Burbage resemble in Nat's mind?
(a) Nat's father.
(d) Nat's grandfather.
2. How many members are in the Company of Boys?
3. Who is Sam Gilbourne?
(a) The theater owner.
(b) The Queen's chamberlain.
(c) The senior apprentice.
(d) The cook at the Globe.
4. How is Nat feeling when he wakes?
(a) As if he is going to die.
(b) He has a bad headache.
(c) He feels quesy but somewhat better.
(d) No longer ill.
5. Who denies any wrongdoing?
6. Who falls through the trap door at the wrong time?
7. What is the date of the opening of Chapter 1?
8. How far is Shakespeare's home from the Globe?
(a) Across the street.
(b) Across London.
(c) A few minutes' travel.
(d) Next door.
9. Where is the setting at the opening of Chapter 1?
(d) New York.
10. With what does the doctor on duty believe Nat suffers?
(c) Typhoid fever.
(d) Bubonic plague.
11. Where is Nat lying semi-delirious in his real time?
(a) Guy's Hospital.
(b) He is not ill any longer.
(c) His room at the Fischer home.
(d) His room in a London orphanage.
12. What does Nat realize about Roper?
(a) Roper is just like Nat's best friend in the United States.
(b) Roper is just like Nat's brother.
(c) Roper's dislike is enviousness.
(d) Roper cannot read.
13. How does Nat save Roper's life?
(a) Giving him antibiotics for the plague.
(b) Pulling him away from a deranged man with a knife.
(c) Cutting a rope that Roper became entangled in.
(d) Using the Heimlich maneuver.
14. Of what does the Company of Boys comprise?
(a) The actors, theater crew, rehearsal staff and costume maker.
(b) The rehearsal staff and the board of trustees.
(c) The actors and rehearsal staff.
(d) The actors.
15. What character does Nat play in one of the plays?
(d) King Lear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the apprentices eat for lunch?
2. What class does Henry Condell teach?
3. Who offers to let Nat live with him?
4. What class does John Heminges teach?
5. Why does Mrs. Fischer become worried?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)