|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What class does John Heminges teach?
2. Who intends to give Nat private rehearsal time?
3. Where is Nat lying semi-delirious in his real time?
(a) His room in a London orphanage.
(b) He is not ill any longer.
(c) His room at the Fischer home.
(d) Guy's Hospital.
4. What does Nat notice about Harry's speech?
(a) He does not know much of the vocabularly Harry uses.
(b) It sounds like a Southern accent from the United States.
(c) The words are difficult to understand.
(d) Harry has a lisp.
5. What does Mistress Fawcett say about Shakespeare when he is working upstairs?
(a) Shakespeare is not to be disturbed.
(b) Shakespeare often buys flowers and tips her well.
(c) Shakespeare often has others come and join him upstairs and they are not to be disturbed.
(d) Shakespeare often makes strange noises and to ignore that.
6. Who falls through the trap door at the wrong time?
7. Who is Sam Gilbourne?
(a) The senior apprentice.
(b) The theater owner.
(c) The Queen's chamberlain.
(d) The cook at the Globe.
8. What does Nat realize about Roper?
(a) Roper's dislike is enviousness.
(b) Roper is just like Nat's best friend in the United States.
(c) Roper is just like Nat's brother.
(d) Roper cannot read.
9. How does Nat save Roper's life?
(a) Using the Heimlich maneuver.
(b) Giving him antibiotics for the plague.
(c) Pulling him away from a deranged man with a knife.
(d) Cutting a rope that Roper became entangled in.
10. Who is Mistress Fawcett?
(a) Shakespeare's aunt.
(b) The flower girl who sells flowers near Shakespeare's house.
(c) Shakespeare's housekeeper.
(d) Shakespeare's mother.
11. Who is quite animated when acting?
12. What do the nurses fail to notice about Nat?
(a) That he is using vocabularly that is not used in the late 20th century.
(b) That he is speaking French.
(c) That he has a different eye color than the boy brought in.
(d) That he looks and sounds different from other boys his age.
13. What does Arby point out to Nat?
(a) His hair color.
(b) His sloppy appearance.
(c) His bad haircut.
(d) His bad acting habits.
14. What does Nurse Stevens do that calms Nat to sleep?
(a) Gives him an sleeping pill.
(b) Sings a few lines from a Shakespeare play.
(c) Recites a few lines from A Midsummer Night's Dream.
(d) Hums a 16th century lullaby.
15. What does Nat fight as the days go by?
(d) Bad pranks from Harry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Robert doubt Nat's ability?
2. For how long will the Company of Boys rehearse in their current location?
3. What does Nat find comforting even in the heat of an argument?
4. Of what does Mistress Fawcett warn Nat?
5. Who stops an altercation between Roper and Nat?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)