|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long will the Company of Boys rehearse in their current location?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 3 months.
2. What class does John Heminges teach?
3. When is the Company of Boys allowed to rehearse at the theater?
(a) Only from 4-6 a.m. weekdays.
(b) Not for several days after their arrival in London.
(c) Only from 10-11:30 p.m. weekdays.
(d) Only on early Saturday and Sunday mornings.
4. Who signals Nat and Harry incorrectly?
(c) No one.
5. How far is Shakespeare's home from the Globe?
(a) A few minutes' travel.
(b) Across London.
(c) Across the street.
(d) Next door.
6. Why does Nat run out of the bear pit?
(a) He does not run out.
(b) The blood triggers a membory.
(c) He hates seeing the dogs killed.
(d) He hates seeing the bear get hurt.
7. Why does Robert doubt Nat's ability?
(a) Because Nat is merely a St. Paul's boy.
(b) Because Nat slips on his first attempt.
(c) Because Nat is so short.
(d) Because Nat is so tall.
8. Where do some of the boys live when they are in London?
(a) At the theater.
(c) In an orphanage.
(d) In an old WWII barracks.
9. What play is Shakespeare thinking of writing?
(a) All's Well that Ends Well.
(c) As You Like It.
(d) The Tempest.
10. What does Nat think of some of the games the boys play?
(a) They are childish.
(b) They are too difficult.
(c) They do not have any purpose.
(d) They are quite fun.
11. Why does Nat go to bed early?
(a) He gets a high fever.
(b) He wants to get up early to learn his lines.
(c) To avoid the other boys.
(d) He is tired from the excitement of the first rehearsal.
12. Why does Arby make the boys play the games?
(a) To build trust and become acquainted.
(b) To see which ones are the leaders.
(c) As a means of asserting his control over the boys.
(d) To give them a break from serious work.
13. What does Mistress Fawcett say about Shakespeare when he is working upstairs?
(a) Shakespeare is not to be disturbed.
(b) Shakespeare often has others come and join him upstairs and they are not to be disturbed.
(c) Shakespeare often makes strange noises and to ignore that.
(d) Shakespeare often buys flowers and tips her well.
14. How is Nat feeling when he wakes?
(a) He has a bad headache.
(b) As if he is going to die.
(c) He feels quesy but somewhat better.
(d) No longer ill.
15. Who was Nat nervous about meeting?
(b) His aunt who he had not seen since he was a baby.
(c) His grandmother who he had not seen since he was a baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. How can the boys afford to go to the bear pit?
2. To where will the Company go after this location?
3. What does Arby point out to Nat?
4. What puts Nat at ease where he is staying?
5. Who falls through the trap door at the wrong time?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)