|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mistress Fawcett say about Shakespeare when he is working upstairs?
(a) Shakespeare often has others come and join him upstairs and they are not to be disturbed.
(b) Shakespeare is not to be disturbed.
(c) Shakespeare often buys flowers and tips her well.
(d) Shakespeare often makes strange noises and to ignore that.
2. How does Nat save Roper's life?
(a) Cutting a rope that Roper became entangled in.
(b) Using the Heimlich maneuver.
(c) Giving him antibiotics for the plague.
(d) Pulling him away from a deranged man with a knife.
3. What part does Gil Warmun play?
4. How are boys selected to be a part of the Company of Boys?
(b) Court appointed boys who get in trouble.
(c) Whoever can pay for a spot.
5. What play is Shakespeare thinking of writing?
(b) As You Like It.
(c) All's Well that Ends Well.
(d) The Tempest.
6. Who is Rachel?
(a) Nat's sister.
(b) Arby's daughter.
(c) Arby's assistant.
(d) Nat's girlfriend.
7. Who guides Nat in his dream?
(a) His father.
(b) His dog.
(c) An unseen hand.
(d) His mother.
8. Why does Nat fall?
(a) He gets dizzy.
(b) A boy trips him.
(c) The trap door was open.
(d) A stage prop was not moved?
9. What class does John Heminges teach?
10. Why does Arby make the boys play the games?
(a) As a means of asserting his control over the boys.
(b) To see which ones are the leaders.
(c) To build trust and become acquainted.
(d) To give them a break from serious work.
11. Who falls through the trap door at the wrong time?
12. What does Nurse Stevens do that calms Nat to sleep?
(a) Recites a few lines from A Midsummer Night's Dream.
(b) Sings a few lines from a Shakespeare play.
(c) Gives him an sleeping pill.
(d) Hums a 16th century lullaby.
13. How does Nat feel in this time period?
(a) Like he does not belong.
(c) As if he has lived in this time before.
14. Why does the nameless Lord ask Shakespeare to cancel one of the performances at the Globe?
(a) There is too much poverty and entertainment is crass at this time.
(b) The weather is so dry, there is a fire hazard.
(c) So the Globe can be completed properly for the Queen's visit.
(d) For the Queen's safety.
15. Who is Sam Gilbourne?
(a) The theater owner.
(b) The senior apprentice.
(c) The cook at the Globe.
(d) The Queen's chamberlain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who denies any wrongdoing?
2. What does the person who greets Nat say he feared about Nat?
3. What seems louder to Nat?
4. Who suggests the apprentices go to the bear pit?
5. How does Gil Warmun carry himself on stage?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)