|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character does Nat play in one of the plays?
(c) King Lear.
2. What does Shakespeare change about how Nat learned his part in the United States in a later era?
(a) How Nat walks.
(b) Some lines.
(c) Stage exit.
(d) Where Nat says his lines.
3. Where does Nat move in Chapter 10?
(a) An orphanage.
(b) He stays where he has been living.
(d) Shakespeare's home.
4. Who denies any wrongdoing?
5. How is Nat feeling when he wakes?
(a) He has a bad headache.
(b) No longer ill.
(c) As if he is going to die.
(d) He feels quesy but somewhat better.
6. For how long will the Company of Boys rehearse in their current location?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 1 week.
7. What is the date of the opening of Chapter 1?
8. Why does Mrs. Fischer become worried?
(a) Nat has not returned there after rehearsal.
(b) Gil is quite ill.
(c) Arby has told them about Nat's parents.
(d) Nat's fever worsens during the night.
9. When is the Company of Boys allowed to rehearse at the theater?
(a) Only from 10-11:30 p.m. weekdays.
(b) Only on early Saturday and Sunday mornings.
(c) Not for several days after their arrival in London.
(d) Only from 4-6 a.m. weekdays.
10. What do the nurses fail to notice about Nat?
(a) That he has a different eye color than the boy brought in.
(b) That he is using vocabularly that is not used in the late 20th century.
(c) That he is speaking French.
(d) That he looks and sounds different from other boys his age.
11. What do the apprentices eat for lunch?
(a) Bread and jam.
(b) Meat pies and beer.
(c) Bread and cheese.
12. Where is Nat when he wakes in Chapter 4?
(a) In a different bed from that at the Fisher's.
(b) Back in his bed at his aunt's house in the United States.
(c) In a theater in Paris.
(d) In his bed at the Jones' household.
13. Who congratulates Nat on the speech that Oberon makes?
14. Who is Mistress Fawcett?
(a) Shakespeare's mother.
(b) Shakespeare's aunt.
(c) Shakespeare's housekeeper.
(d) The flower girl who sells flowers near Shakespeare's house.
15. What does Arby point out to Nat?
(a) His bad acting habits.
(b) His hair color.
(c) His sloppy appearance.
(d) His bad haircut.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does the Company of Boys comprise?
2. What seems louder to Nat?
3. What does Nat think is similar to the Globe Theater of 1999?
4. Who does Arby say has a Southern accent?
5. With whom does Nat live?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)