|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part does Gil Warmun play?
2. How are boys selected to be a part of the Company of Boys?
(c) Whoever can pay for a spot.
(d) Court appointed boys who get in trouble.
3. Who is Mistress Fawcett?
(a) Shakespeare's aunt.
(b) Shakespeare's mother.
(c) The flower girl who sells flowers near Shakespeare's house.
(d) Shakespeare's housekeeper.
4. How is Nat feeling when he wakes?
(a) He feels quesy but somewhat better.
(b) He has a bad headache.
(c) As if he is going to die.
(d) No longer ill.
5. What play will be performed in the afternoon?
(c) Dr. Faustus.
(d) The Devil's Revenge.
6. What does Gilbourne urge the apprentices to do?
(a) Put the incident of the trapdoor behind them.
(b) Stay and watch the play and learn from it.
(c) Memorize their lines thoroughly.
(d) Get enough sleep.
7. Why does Arby make the boys play the games?
(a) As a means of asserting his control over the boys.
(b) To see which ones are the leaders.
(c) To give them a break from serious work.
(d) To build trust and become acquainted.
8. What does Nat fight as the days go by?
(b) Bad pranks from Harry.
9. What is one of the plays being rehearsed?
(a) Julius Caesar.
(b) Romeo and Juliet.
(d) As You Like It.
10. Why does the nameless Lord ask Shakespeare to cancel one of the performances at the Globe?
(a) There is too much poverty and entertainment is crass at this time.
(b) So the Globe can be completed properly for the Queen's visit.
(c) For the Queen's safety.
(d) The weather is so dry, there is a fire hazard.
11. Who intends to give Nat private rehearsal time?
12. What puts Nat at ease where he is staying?
(a) There is a boy his age with whom Nat immediately bonds.
(b) They allow him to do anything.
(c) No one inquires about his parents.
(d) The barracks are not well supervised.
13. To what do the other apprentices attribute Nat's differences?
(a) They cannot account for Nat's differences.
(b) Nat's being from Franch.
(c) Nat's being a student from St. Paul.
(d) Nat's being from Ireland.
14. What is the name of Shakespeare's son?
15. What happens when Nat and the other boys are running to practice?
(a) Nat stumbles.
(b) Nat is pushed down by an older boy.
(c) Nat loses his way.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first play the Company of Boys rehearses?
2. Who offers to let Nat live with him?
3. Who quit the acting company in a dramatic fashion?
4. Why does Nat go to bed early?
5. Who is quite animated when acting?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)