|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nat hear as he is going to practice on his first day?
(a) Big Ben striking the hour.
(b) Distant music.
(c) A wolf howling.
(d) The sound of horses clopping along.
2. How many members are in the Company of Boys?
3. Who is Richard Burbage?
(a) The man who schedules the various performances at the globe.
(b) Nat's aunt's boyfriend.
(c) Nat's father's best friend.
(d) The man with whom Nat and Harry are living.
4. How does Nat feel in this time period?
(a) As if he has lived in this time before.
(b) Like he does not belong.
5. How does Gil Warmun carry himself on stage?
(a) Like a beggar.
(b) Like an old man.
(c) Like a clown.
(d) Like a real-life king.
6. Where does Nat move in Chapter 10?
(b) An orphanage.
(c) Shakespeare's home.
(d) He stays where he has been living.
7. Who is Harry?
(a) Nat's best friend in the United States.
(b) Nat's understudy.
(c) The young boy who greets Nat when Nat awakens.
(d) Nat's father.
8. What is Shakespeare's company's name?
(a) Lord Winpole's Men.
(b) Lord Chamberlain's Actors.
(c) Lord Chamberlain's Men.
(d) Globe Actors.
9. Of what does Mistress Fawcett warn Nat?
(a) Not to go out on the streets alone.
(b) To always remove his shoes at the door so as not to disturb Shakespeare.
(c) Not to drink any water that is not boiled.
(d) Not to drink the ale in the pub next door.
10. What does Nat realize about Roper?
(a) Roper is just like Nat's best friend in the United States.
(b) Roper is just like Nat's brother.
(c) Roper's dislike is enviousness.
(d) Roper cannot read.
11. How are boys selected to be a part of the Company of Boys?
(a) Court appointed boys who get in trouble.
(c) Whoever can pay for a spot.
12. How can the boys afford to go to the bear pit?
(a) Their parents give him an allowance.
(b) Roper stole money from Harry.
(c) They can sneak in since Roper knows a way.
(d) Roper stole money from Burbage.
13. With whom does Nat live?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) The Jones family.
(c) The Fisher family.
(d) His aunt in her penthouse in Trafalgar Square.
14. What do Nat and Harry do during the afternoon performance?
(a) Work the trapdoor.
(b) Learn their lines.
(d) Help change the stage sets.
15. Who does Richard Burbage resemble in Nat's mind?
(b) Nat's grandfather.
(c) Nat's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nat think of some of the games the boys play?
2. Who is Rachel?
3. What does Arby point out to Nat?
4. Who guides Nat in his dream?
5. What school does Harry say Nat attends?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)