|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nat think is similar to the Globe Theater of 1999?
(a) The Globe of 1599.
(b) Carneige Hall.
(c) Nothing that he knows.
(d) The old playhouse in Maine where he did summer stock.
2. What does Nat forbid any of the boys to see?
(a) Any plays that would be unfit for young boys.
(c) Some of the seamier sides of London.
(d) Any other performances at the Globe.
3. When is the Company of Boys allowed to rehearse at the theater?
(a) Only from 4-6 a.m. weekdays.
(b) Not for several days after their arrival in London.
(c) Only from 10-11:30 p.m. weekdays.
(d) Only on early Saturday and Sunday mornings.
4. Who congratulates Nat on the speech that Oberon makes?
5. What does Gilbourne urge the apprentices to do?
(a) Get enough sleep.
(b) Put the incident of the trapdoor behind them.
(c) Memorize their lines thoroughly.
(d) Stay and watch the play and learn from it.
6. What does Nat notice about Harry's speech?
(a) The words are difficult to understand.
(b) It sounds like a Southern accent from the United States.
(c) Harry has a lisp.
(d) He does not know much of the vocabularly Harry uses.
7. How does Gil Warmun carry himself on stage?
(a) Like an old man.
(b) Like a beggar.
(c) Like a real-life king.
(d) Like a clown.
8. Why does Nat become uncomfortable with the group's conversation?
(a) They say unkind things about Arby.
(b) They talk about the South in a derogatory manner.
(c) It comes out that his parents are dead.
(d) They say unkind things about Rachel.
9. How are boys selected to be a part of the Company of Boys?
(b) Whoever can pay for a spot.
(c) Court appointed boys who get in trouble.
10. What character does Nat play in one of the plays?
(d) King Lear.
11. Who guides Nat in his dream?
(a) An unseen hand.
(b) His father.
(c) His dog.
(d) His mother.
12. How many members are in the Company of Boys?
13. Why does Nat not allow himself to cry?
(a) He's afraid Roper will see him.
(b) He thinks it is wrong for someone his age to cry.
(c) He's afraid he'll break down and not be able to stop.
(d) It reminds him of when his father died.
14. Who was Nat nervous about meeting?
(b) His aunt who he had not seen since he was a baby.
(c) His grandmother who he had not seen since he was a baby.
15. What does Nat fight as the days go by?
(c) Bad pranks from Harry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What class does Henry Condell teach?
2. What play will be performed in the afternoon?
3. Where do some of the boys live when they are in London?
4. Who is quite animated when acting?
5. What role will Richard Burbage assume in the play, "A Midsummer Night's Dream"?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)