|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person who greets Nat say he feared about Nat?
(a) That Nat was a spy from the king's court.
(b) That Nat would turn him in for missing rehearsal.
(c) That he was suffering from the plague.
(d) That Nat would die.
2. Of what does the Company of Boys comprise?
(a) The actors, theater crew, rehearsal staff and costume maker.
(b) The actors.
(c) The rehearsal staff and the board of trustees.
(d) The actors and rehearsal staff.
3. To where does Nat fear he has traveled?
4. How can the boys afford to go to the bear pit?
(a) Roper stole money from Burbage.
(b) They can sneak in since Roper knows a way.
(c) Their parents give him an allowance.
(d) Roper stole money from Harry.
5. How does Nat save Roper's life?
(a) Cutting a rope that Roper became entangled in.
(b) Pulling him away from a deranged man with a knife.
(c) Using the Heimlich maneuver.
(d) Giving him antibiotics for the plague.
6. Why does Nat become uncomfortable with the group's conversation?
(a) It comes out that his parents are dead.
(b) They talk about the South in a derogatory manner.
(c) They say unkind things about Arby.
(d) They say unkind things about Rachel.
7. How does Arby say the boy actors must function?
(a) Like a family.
(b) Like teenagers.
(c) Like apprentices.
(d) Like professionals.
8. Why does Nat run out of the bear pit?
(a) He hates seeing the bear get hurt.
(b) He does not run out.
(c) He hates seeing the dogs killed.
(d) The blood triggers a membory.
9. Who falls through the trap door at the wrong time?
10. For how long will the Company of Boys rehearse in their current location?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 3 weeks.
11. What does Nat realize about the bear?
(a) It is very old.
(b) It is a baby.
(c) It is muzzled.
(d) It is blind.
12. What play is Shakespeare thinking of writing?
(a) The Tempest.
(b) All's Well that Ends Well.
(c) As You Like It.
13. In what theater will the Company perform?
(a) A series of theaters around the United States.
14. What does Nat think is similar to the Globe Theater of 1999?
(a) The Globe of 1599.
(b) The old playhouse in Maine where he did summer stock.
(c) Nothing that he knows.
(d) Carneige Hall.
15. Who offers to let Nat live with him?
(c) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Nat's father's occupation?
2. Whose voice sounds somewhat like Elizabethan English?
3. What does Nat realize about Roper?
4. What is Shakespeare's company's name?
5. Of what does Nat dream?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)