|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Nat move in Chapter 10?
(a) An orphanage.
(c) Shakespeare's home.
(d) He stays where he has been living.
2. What does Nat realize about the bear?
(a) It is very old.
(b) It is muzzled.
(c) It is a baby.
(d) It is blind.
3. Of what does the Company of Boys comprise?
(a) The actors and rehearsal staff.
(b) The actors.
(c) The actors, theater crew, rehearsal staff and costume maker.
(d) The rehearsal staff and the board of trustees.
4. Who is Arby?
(a) The oldest teen.
(b) The lead actor.
(c) The company's owner.
(d) The company director.
5. Who does Arby kick out of the company?
(a) A boy who is too young to be there.
(b) No one.
(c) A boy who refuses to play the games.
(d) A boy who plays a trick on Nat.
6. When is the Company of Boys allowed to rehearse at the theater?
(a) Only from 10-11:30 p.m. weekdays.
(b) Only from 4-6 a.m. weekdays.
(c) Not for several days after their arrival in London.
(d) Only on early Saturday and Sunday mornings.
7. What is the name of Shakespeare's son?
8. Who was Nat nervous about meeting?
(b) His aunt who he had not seen since he was a baby.
(c) His grandmother who he had not seen since he was a baby.
9. Of what does Mistress Fawcett warn Nat?
(a) Not to drink any water that is not boiled.
(b) Not to drink the ale in the pub next door.
(c) Not to go out on the streets alone.
(d) To always remove his shoes at the door so as not to disturb Shakespeare.
10. Who is quite animated when acting?
11. What seems louder to Nat?
(a) The actors reading their lines.
(b) The sounds from the orchestra pit.
(c) The noise level of Elizabethan England.
(d) The creak of the stage boards.
12. What does Arby point out to Nat?
(a) His sloppy appearance.
(b) His bad acting habits.
(c) His hair color.
(d) His bad haircut.
13. Who signals Nat and Harry incorrectly?
(d) No one.
14. What is performed that afternoon at the Globe?
(a) Julius Caesar.
(b) Henry V.
(c) Much Ado About Nothing.
15. What does Shakespeare change about how Nat learned his part in the United States in a later era?
(a) Where Nat says his lines.
(b) Some lines.
(c) Stage exit.
(d) How Nat walks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is a leading actor in the Lord Chamberlain's Men?
2. Of what does Nat dream?
3. What puts Nat at ease where he is staying?
4. How can the boys afford to go to the bear pit?
5. Who is Harry?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)