|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the plays being rehearsed?
(b) Romeo and Juliet.
(c) Julius Caesar.
(d) As You Like It.
2. For how long will the Company of Boys rehearse in their current location?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 6 months.
3. Whose voice sounds somewhat like Elizabethan English?
(d) No one's.
4. What was Nat's father's occupation?
5. Who is Arby?
(a) The company director.
(b) The lead actor.
(c) The oldest teen.
(d) The company's owner.
6. What does Nat forbid any of the boys to see?
(a) Some of the seamier sides of London.
(c) Any other performances at the Globe.
(d) Any plays that would be unfit for young boys.
7. To what do the other apprentices attribute Nat's differences?
(a) They cannot account for Nat's differences.
(b) Nat's being from Ireland.
(c) Nat's being from Franch.
(d) Nat's being a student from St. Paul.
8. Where do some of the boys live when they are in London?
(a) At the theater.
(c) In an orphanage.
(d) In an old WWII barracks.
9. What does Nat hear as he is going to practice on his first day?
(a) A wolf howling.
(b) The sound of horses clopping along.
(c) Distant music.
(d) Big Ben striking the hour.
10. What does Nat fight as the days go by?
(c) Bad pranks from Harry.
11. Who is Harry?
(a) Nat's best friend in the United States.
(b) The young boy who greets Nat when Nat awakens.
(c) Nat's father.
(d) Nat's understudy.
12. Why does Nat fall?
(a) A stage prop was not moved?
(b) He gets dizzy.
(c) A boy trips him.
(d) The trap door was open.
13. Why does Arby make the boys play the games?
(a) To build trust and become acquainted.
(b) As a means of asserting his control over the boys.
(c) To give them a break from serious work.
(d) To see which ones are the leaders.
14. Who was Nat nervous about meeting?
(a) His grandmother who he had not seen since he was a baby.
(c) His aunt who he had not seen since he was a baby.
15. Why does Nat go to bed early?
(a) He wants to get up early to learn his lines.
(b) To avoid the other boys.
(c) He gets a high fever.
(d) He is tired from the excitement of the first rehearsal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Richard Burbage resemble in Nat's mind?
2. What does Nat realize about Roper?
3. What does Arby point out to Nat?
4. When is the Company of Boys allowed to rehearse at the theater?
5. How is Nat feeling when he wakes?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)