|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Mistress Fawcett warn Nat?
(a) Not to go out on the streets alone.
(b) Not to drink the ale in the pub next door.
(c) Not to drink any water that is not boiled.
(d) To always remove his shoes at the door so as not to disturb Shakespeare.
2. Where does Nat move in Chapter 10?
(a) Shakespeare's home.
(b) He stays where he has been living.
(d) An orphanage.
3. What does Nat forbid any of the boys to see?
(a) Any plays that would be unfit for young boys.
(c) Some of the seamier sides of London.
(d) Any other performances at the Globe.
4. Who is quite animated when acting?
5. What does Arby point out to Nat?
(a) His bad acting habits.
(b) His sloppy appearance.
(c) His hair color.
(d) His bad haircut.
6. What play will be performed in the afternoon?
(c) The Devil's Revenge.
(d) Dr. Faustus.
7. Who congratulates Nat on the speech that Oberon makes?
8. How is Nat feeling when he wakes?
(a) He has a bad headache.
(b) He feels quesy but somewhat better.
(c) As if he is going to die.
(d) No longer ill.
9. What do the nurses fail to notice about Nat?
(a) That he is using vocabularly that is not used in the late 20th century.
(b) That he has a different eye color than the boy brought in.
(c) That he is speaking French.
(d) That he looks and sounds different from other boys his age.
10. Why does Nat run out of the bear pit?
(a) He hates seeing the bear get hurt.
(b) He hates seeing the dogs killed.
(c) He does not run out.
(d) The blood triggers a membory.
11. What class does John Heminges teach?
12. Why does Nat go to bed early?
(a) He gets a high fever.
(b) He wants to get up early to learn his lines.
(c) He is tired from the excitement of the first rehearsal.
(d) To avoid the other boys.
13. How far is Shakespeare's home from the Globe?
(a) A few minutes' travel.
(b) Across London.
(c) Next door.
(d) Across the street.
14. For what skills does Arby particularly admire Nat?
(c) Piano playing.
15. Who is Mistress Fawcett?
(a) Shakespeare's mother.
(b) The flower girl who sells flowers near Shakespeare's house.
(c) Shakespeare's housekeeper.
(d) Shakespeare's aunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where does Nat fear he has traveled?
2. Who is Sam Gilbourne?
3. What does Nurse Stevens do that calms Nat to sleep?
4. With what does the doctor on duty believe Nat suffers?
5. What does Shakespeare change about how Nat learned his part in the United States in a later era?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)