|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part does Gil Warmun play?
2. What play is Shakespeare thinking of writing?
(a) The Tempest.
(b) All's Well that Ends Well.
(d) As You Like It.
3. What class does Henry Condell teach?
4. Why does Robert doubt Nat's ability?
(a) Because Nat is so tall.
(b) Because Nat slips on his first attempt.
(c) Because Nat is so short.
(d) Because Nat is merely a St. Paul's boy.
5. Who is quite animated when acting?
6. How are boys selected to be a part of the Company of Boys?
(a) Whoever can pay for a spot.
(c) Court appointed boys who get in trouble.
7. Who does Arby kick out of the company?
(a) A boy who is too young to be there.
(b) No one.
(c) A boy who refuses to play the games.
(d) A boy who plays a trick on Nat.
8. What does the person who greets Nat say he feared about Nat?
(a) That he was suffering from the plague.
(b) That Nat would die.
(c) That Nat would turn him in for missing rehearsal.
(d) That Nat was a spy from the king's court.
9. What is one of the plays being rehearsed?
(b) Romeo and Juliet.
(c) As You Like It.
(d) Julius Caesar.
10. When is the Company of Boys allowed to rehearse at the theater?
(a) Only from 10-11:30 p.m. weekdays.
(b) Not for several days after their arrival in London.
(c) Only from 4-6 a.m. weekdays.
(d) Only on early Saturday and Sunday mornings.
11. What is the date of the opening of Chapter 1?
12. Who is a leading actor in the Lord Chamberlain's Men?
(a) Richard Burbage.
(d) William Shakespeare.
13. What does Arby point out to Nat?
(a) His bad haircut.
(b) His bad acting habits.
(c) His sloppy appearance.
(d) His hair color.
14. With what does the doctor on duty believe Nat suffers?
(c) Typhoid fever.
(d) Bubonic plague.
15. Of what does Nat dream?
(a) His dead brother.
(b) Flying high above Earth.
(c) His parents.
(d) His dead dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the apprentices eat for lunch?
2. Where is Nat lying semi-delirious in his real time?
3. What does Nat notice about Harry's speech?
4. Where is Nat when he wakes in Chapter 4?
5. Who is Harry?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)