|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stops an altercation between Roper and Nat?
(c) Shakespeare and another actor.
2. What school does Harry say Nat attends?
(a) St. Francis'.
(c) St. Jerome's.
(d) St. Paul's.
3. What do Nat and Harry do during the afternoon performance?
(a) Help change the stage sets.
(b) Work the trapdoor.
(d) Learn their lines.
4. How does Nat feel in this time period?
(a) Like he does not belong.
(b) As if he has lived in this time before.
5. Who is Rachel?
(a) The voice coach.
(b) The costume director.
(c) She plays Desdemona.
(d) The scenery artist.
6. For what skills does Arby particularly admire Nat?
(c) Piano playing.
7. What seems louder to Nat?
(a) The noise level of Elizabethan England.
(b) The sounds from the orchestra pit.
(c) The creak of the stage boards.
(d) The actors reading their lines.
8. What do the nurses fail to notice about Nat?
(a) That he is speaking French.
(b) That he has a different eye color than the boy brought in.
(c) That he looks and sounds different from other boys his age.
(d) That he is using vocabularly that is not used in the late 20th century.
9. Why does Nat fall?
(a) He gets dizzy.
(b) A boy trips him.
(c) The trap door was open.
(d) A stage prop was not moved?
10. What does Nat hear as he is going to practice on his first day?
(a) A wolf howling.
(b) Big Ben striking the hour.
(c) Distant music.
(d) The sound of horses clopping along.
11. What does Shakespeare change about how Nat learned his part in the United States in a later era?
(a) Some lines.
(b) How Nat walks.
(c) Where Nat says his lines.
(d) Stage exit.
12. What is the first play the Company of Boys rehearses?
(c) As You Like It.
(d) A Midsummer Night's Dream.
13. Where is Nat when he wakes in Chapter 4?
(a) In a different bed from that at the Fisher's.
(b) In a theater in Paris.
(c) Back in his bed at his aunt's house in the United States.
(d) In his bed at the Jones' household.
14. What does Nurse Stevens do that calms Nat to sleep?
(a) Gives him an sleeping pill.
(b) Sings a few lines from a Shakespeare play.
(c) Hums a 16th century lullaby.
(d) Recites a few lines from A Midsummer Night's Dream.
15. Who is Mistress Fawcett?
(a) The flower girl who sells flowers near Shakespeare's house.
(b) Shakespeare's mother.
(c) Shakespeare's housekeeper.
(d) Shakespeare's aunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Nat and the other boys are running to practice?
2. Of what does the Company of Boys comprise?
3. What was Nat's father's occupation?
4. Who does Arby kick out of the company?
5. How can the boys afford to go to the bear pit?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)