|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Shakespeare's company's name?
(a) Lord Chamberlain's Actors.
(b) Globe Actors.
(c) Lord Chamberlain's Men.
(d) Lord Winpole's Men.
2. What class does Henry Condell teach?
3. Who is Sam Gilbourne?
(a) The Queen's chamberlain.
(b) The cook at the Globe.
(c) The theater owner.
(d) The senior apprentice.
4. What school does Harry say Nat attends?
(a) St. Paul's.
(c) St. Francis'.
(d) St. Jerome's.
5. What does Gilbourne urge the apprentices to do?
(a) Put the incident of the trapdoor behind them.
(b) Stay and watch the play and learn from it.
(c) Memorize their lines thoroughly.
(d) Get enough sleep.
6. Who is Harry?
(a) Nat's understudy.
(b) Nat's best friend in the United States.
(c) The young boy who greets Nat when Nat awakens.
(d) Nat's father.
7. Where is the setting at the opening of Chapter 1?
(d) New York.
8. How does Nat feel in this time period?
(b) Like he does not belong.
(c) As if he has lived in this time before.
9. With whom does Nat live?
(a) The Jones family.
(b) The Fisher family.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His aunt in her penthouse in Trafalgar Square.
10. To where will the Company go after this location?
(a) New York.
11. What does Mistress Fawcett say about Shakespeare when he is working upstairs?
(a) Shakespeare often has others come and join him upstairs and they are not to be disturbed.
(b) Shakespeare often makes strange noises and to ignore that.
(c) Shakespeare is not to be disturbed.
(d) Shakespeare often buys flowers and tips her well.
12. Who does Arby kick out of the company?
(a) A boy who refuses to play the games.
(b) A boy who is too young to be there.
(c) A boy who plays a trick on Nat.
(d) No one.
13. Where is Nat when he wakes in Chapter 4?
(a) In a different bed from that at the Fisher's.
(b) In a theater in Paris.
(c) Back in his bed at his aunt's house in the United States.
(d) In his bed at the Jones' household.
14. What role will Richard Burbage assume in the play, "A Midsummer Night's Dream"?
15. Who suggests the apprentices go to the bear pit?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who intends to give Nat private rehearsal time?
2. To what do the other apprentices attribute Nat's differences?
3. What does Nurse Stevens do that calms Nat to sleep?
4. What do the nurses fail to notice about Nat?
5. How can the boys afford to go to the bear pit?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)