|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Nat not allow himself to cry?
(a) He's afraid Roper will see him.
(b) He thinks it is wrong for someone his age to cry.
(c) It reminds him of when his father died.
(d) He's afraid he'll break down and not be able to stop.
2. What happens when Nat and the other boys are running to practice?
(a) Nat loses his way.
(b) Nat stumbles.
(d) Nat is pushed down by an older boy.
3. Who is Harry?
(a) The young boy who greets Nat when Nat awakens.
(b) Nat's understudy.
(c) Nat's best friend in the United States.
(d) Nat's father.
4. Why does Nat fall?
(a) The trap door was open.
(b) A stage prop was not moved?
(c) A boy trips him.
(d) He gets dizzy.
5. What role will Richard Burbage assume in the play, "A Midsummer Night's Dream"?
6. What part does Gil Warmun play?
7. How is Nat feeling when he wakes?
(a) No longer ill.
(b) He feels quesy but somewhat better.
(c) He has a bad headache.
(d) As if he is going to die.
8. Who is quite animated when acting?
9. Who suggests the apprentices go to the bear pit?
10. Where is Nat when he wakes in Chapter 4?
(a) Back in his bed at his aunt's house in the United States.
(b) In a theater in Paris.
(c) In his bed at the Jones' household.
(d) In a different bed from that at the Fisher's.
11. What does Nat forbid any of the boys to see?
(a) Any plays that would be unfit for young boys.
(c) Some of the seamier sides of London.
(d) Any other performances at the Globe.
12. What school does Harry say Nat attends?
(a) St. Paul's.
(c) St. Jerome's.
(d) St. Francis'.
13. What character does Nat play in one of the plays?
(d) King Lear.
14. For how long will the Company of Boys rehearse in their current location?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 3 months.
15. What does Nurse Stevens do that calms Nat to sleep?
(a) Recites a few lines from A Midsummer Night's Dream.
(b) Hums a 16th century lullaby.
(c) Gives him an sleeping pill.
(d) Sings a few lines from a Shakespeare play.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Arby?
2. Who falls through the trap door at the wrong time?
3. To where will the Company go after this location?
4. What do the nurses fail to notice about Nat?
5. How does Arby say the boy actors must function?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)