|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nat feel in this time period?
(a) Like he does not belong.
(c) As if he has lived in this time before.
2. Of what does Mistress Fawcett warn Nat?
(a) To always remove his shoes at the door so as not to disturb Shakespeare.
(b) Not to drink the ale in the pub next door.
(c) Not to go out on the streets alone.
(d) Not to drink any water that is not boiled.
3. What seems louder to Nat?
(a) The noise level of Elizabethan England.
(b) The actors reading their lines.
(c) The creak of the stage boards.
(d) The sounds from the orchestra pit.
4. What does Nat say as to how his father died?
(c) Plane accident.
(d) Car accident.
5. Where do some of the boys live when they are in London?
(b) At the theater.
(c) In an orphanage.
(d) In an old WWII barracks.
6. Who was Nat nervous about meeting?
(a) His grandmother who he had not seen since he was a baby.
(b) His aunt who he had not seen since he was a baby.
7. With what does the doctor on duty believe Nat suffers?
(b) Bubonic plague.
(c) Typhoid fever.
8. What class does Henry Condell teach?
9. Why does Nat fall?
(a) He gets dizzy.
(b) A stage prop was not moved?
(c) A boy trips him.
(d) The trap door was open.
10. Who is Arby?
(a) The company's owner.
(b) The company director.
(c) The oldest teen.
(d) The lead actor.
11. Who intends to give Nat private rehearsal time?
12. Who is Rachel?
(a) Arby's assistant.
(b) Nat's girlfriend.
(c) Arby's daughter.
(d) Nat's sister.
13. Who is Sam Gilbourne?
(a) The Queen's chamberlain.
(b) The theater owner.
(c) The cook at the Globe.
(d) The senior apprentice.
14. Where is the setting at the opening of Chapter 1?
(a) New York.
15. Why does Nat become uncomfortable with the group's conversation?
(a) They say unkind things about Arby.
(b) It comes out that his parents are dead.
(c) They say unkind things about Rachel.
(d) They talk about the South in a derogatory manner.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Nat feeling when he wakes?
2. How does Arby say the boy actors must function?
3. With whom does Nat live?
4. What does Arby point out to Nat?
5. What role will Richard Burbage assume in the play, "A Midsummer Night's Dream"?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)