|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is quite animated when acting?
2. Who does Richard Burbage resemble in Nat's mind?
(a) Nat's grandfather.
(c) Nat's father.
3. What seems louder to Nat?
(a) The actors reading their lines.
(b) The creak of the stage boards.
(c) The sounds from the orchestra pit.
(d) The noise level of Elizabethan England.
4. Who denies any wrongdoing?
5. For how long will the Company of Boys rehearse in their current location?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 1 week.
6. What was Nat's father's occupation?
7. Where is the setting at the opening of Chapter 1?
(c) New York.
8. Where do some of the boys live when they are in London?
(b) In an old WWII barracks.
(c) In an orphanage.
(d) At the theater.
9. What does Nat forbid any of the boys to see?
(a) Some of the seamier sides of London.
(b) Any plays that would be unfit for young boys.
(d) Any other performances at the Globe.
10. Who suggests the apprentices go to the bear pit?
11. Of what does Nat dream?
(a) His dead dog.
(b) His dead brother.
(c) His parents.
(d) Flying high above Earth.
12. How far is Shakespeare's home from the Globe?
(a) Across the street.
(b) Across London.
(c) A few minutes' travel.
(d) Next door.
13. When is the Company of Boys allowed to rehearse at the theater?
(a) Only on early Saturday and Sunday mornings.
(b) Only from 10-11:30 p.m. weekdays.
(c) Only from 4-6 a.m. weekdays.
(d) Not for several days after their arrival in London.
14. What is one of the plays being rehearsed?
(b) As You Like It.
(c) Romeo and Juliet.
(d) Julius Caesar.
15. What class does John Heminges teach?
Short Answer Questions
1. To where will the Company go after this location?
2. What does Nat notice about Harry's speech?
3. Who does Arby say has a Southern accent?
4. What is performed that afternoon at the Globe?
5. With whom does Nat live?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)