|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Rachel?
(a) The costume director.
(b) She plays Desdemona.
(c) The voice coach.
(d) The scenery artist.
2. Who does Arby say has a Southern accent?
3. What do Nat and Harry do during the afternoon performance?
(a) Learn their lines.
(b) Help change the stage sets.
(c) Work the trapdoor.
4. What school does Harry say Nat attends?
(a) St. Jerome's.
(b) St. Paul's.
(d) St. Francis'.
5. Who is quite animated when acting?
6. How many members are in the Company of Boys?
7. Where do some of the boys live when they are in London?
(a) At the theater.
(c) In an old WWII barracks.
(d) In an orphanage.
8. What happens when Nat and the other boys are running to practice?
(b) Nat stumbles.
(c) Nat loses his way.
(d) Nat is pushed down by an older boy.
9. What does Nat find comforting even in the heat of an argument?
(b) The sound of stage directions from Arby.
(c) Shakespeare's voice.
(d) Harry's guidance.
10. Where is Nat lying semi-delirious in his real time?
(a) He is not ill any longer.
(b) Guy's Hospital.
(c) His room at the Fischer home.
(d) His room in a London orphanage.
11. What part does Gil Warmun play?
12. Why does Nat go to bed early?
(a) He is tired from the excitement of the first rehearsal.
(b) He gets a high fever.
(c) To avoid the other boys.
(d) He wants to get up early to learn his lines.
13. What character does Nat play in one of the plays?
(b) King Lear.
14. Who is Sam Gilbourne?
(a) The theater owner.
(b) The senior apprentice.
(c) The Queen's chamberlain.
(d) The cook at the Globe.
15. Why does Nat run out of the bear pit?
(a) He hates seeing the dogs killed.
(b) He hates seeing the bear get hurt.
(c) The blood triggers a membory.
(d) He does not run out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gilbourne urge the apprentices to do?
2. What does Nat think of some of the games the boys play?
3. What does Arby point out to Nat?
4. Who suggests the apprentices go to the bear pit?
5. Where is Nat when he wakes in Chapter 4?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)