|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far is Shakespeare's home from the Globe?
(a) A few minutes' travel.
(b) Across London.
(c) Across the street.
(d) Next door.
2. To what do the other apprentices attribute Nat's differences?
(a) Nat's being from Ireland.
(b) Nat's being from Franch.
(c) Nat's being a student from St. Paul.
(d) They cannot account for Nat's differences.
3. What is performed that afternoon at the Globe?
(a) Much Ado About Nothing.
(b) Henry V.
(d) Julius Caesar.
4. What school does Harry say Nat attends?
(a) St. Paul's.
(b) St. Francis'.
(c) St. Jerome's.
5. To where will the Company go after this location?
(d) New York.
6. What does Nat say as to how his father died?
(a) Plane accident.
(b) Car accident.
7. What does Nat realize about Roper?
(a) Roper is just like Nat's brother.
(b) Roper's dislike is enviousness.
(c) Roper is just like Nat's best friend in the United States.
(d) Roper cannot read.
8. Who was Nat nervous about meeting?
(b) His grandmother who he had not seen since he was a baby.
(c) His aunt who he had not seen since he was a baby.
9. Where do some of the boys live when they are in London?
(a) At the theater.
(b) In an orphanage.
(c) In an old WWII barracks.
10. What does Nat forbid any of the boys to see?
(a) Any other performances at the Globe.
(c) Some of the seamier sides of London.
(d) Any plays that would be unfit for young boys.
11. What does Nat think of some of the games the boys play?
(a) They are quite fun.
(b) They do not have any purpose.
(c) They are childish.
(d) They are too difficult.
12. When is the Company of Boys allowed to rehearse at the theater?
(a) Only from 10-11:30 p.m. weekdays.
(b) Only from 4-6 a.m. weekdays.
(c) Not for several days after their arrival in London.
(d) Only on early Saturday and Sunday mornings.
13. What is the first play the Company of Boys rehearses?
(a) A Midsummer Night's Dream.
(c) As You Like It.
14. Who is Rachel?
(a) The voice coach.
(b) The scenery artist.
(c) The costume director.
(d) She plays Desdemona.
15. Who signals Nat and Harry incorrectly?
(a) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nat realize about the bear?
2. Why does Arby make the boys play the games?
3. Why does Nat fall?
4. What is the name of Shakespeare's son?
5. What play will be performed in the afternoon?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)